• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

The Goalscoring Knee
9 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I can’t remember Isma having that great a season for us if I’m honest. Maybe I’m forgetting something but I don’t recall him breaking 10?Β 

If you don't mind me jumping in, he actually had not a bad strike rate - 15 in 42 games - bit skewed because it was the second half of the 2016-17 season and the first half of the 17-18 season

1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

I just want a player that does for us what Griffiths or something managed for Hibs. I feel like Skacel was our closest but not even a striker.Β 
Β 

Maybe you’re right though and I expect too much! I just think it’s brutal we probably haven’t had a 20 in a season goal scorer since Robbo.Β 

No I do get what you mean though right enough ………. worth remembering though that Griffiths achieved **** all at Hibs and was on loan the entire time mean while we were winning the cup against them in the final and completing a twelve in a row for derbiesΒ 

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No I do get what you mean though right enough ………. worth remembering though that Griffiths achieved **** all at Hibs and was on loan the entire time mean while we were winning the cup against them in the final and completing a twelve in a row for derbiesΒ 

Β 

Another hibs myth. Β πŸ˜†

7 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

I just want a player that does for us what Griffiths or something managed for Hibs. I feel like Skacel was our closest but not even a striker.Β 
Β 

Maybe you’re right though and I expect too much! I just think it’s brutal we probably haven’t had a 20 in a season goal scorer since Robbo.Β 

Β 

Β 

I think it used to be more common for teams to have one (or two) main goal scorer(s) who would often get the fabled 20 a season. But in recent years/decade have many players scored 20+ a season in our league?Β 

Β 

There will be some one season wonders e.g Lafferty for us, yet still didn't get 20 in his most prolific season, or some OF players, but across the division there aren't many if any strikers (at non-OF teams) scoring 20+ on a regular basis.Β 

Β 

Β 

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

And what if their replacement fall through? He gives his kit back and fly's back to Antwerp?

Β 

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

He wouldn’t be in hearts training gear if it wasn’t official mate. Cause what if they don’t get this replacement haha?Β 

It will go through.Β  just when they have secured the replacement.Β  They have supporters too and want to follow bad with good.Β  The only thng that holding up the deal. troyes have nearlyΒ  completed it.Β 

1 minute ago, JAYEL said:

Β 

Another hibs myth. Β πŸ˜†

Selective memories and air brushers of history ………. same thing happening now I used to read Pie and Bovril and Kickback before I joined here and the myths these idiots peddle are incredible but made more incredible still by the weird Aberdeen and other diddy teams fans who back them up πŸ˜„Β 

Β 

5 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

Β 

I got my days mixed up, tomorrow between 3-4. 100%

I take it the pictures with scarf above the head will be taken at a M6 motorway service station en route to Preston:whistling:

9 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

If you don't mind me jumping in, he actually had not a bad strike rate - 15 in 42 games - bit skewed because it was the second half of the 2016-17 season and the first half of the 17-18 season

Β 

Agreed. I think Isma did pretty well for us. I think folk expected more, but Lafferty was probably more of the main man in terms of get the ball to him and he'll score. Its a very respectful record, we've had so called better strikers (i.e have played at a higher level) come in and not even touch double digits.Β 

Β 

His season at Livi will be interesting. I think he'll do quite well.Β 

Naisys Tackle
11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Saved them from relegation.Β 

Just now, 2205ian said:

I take it the pictures with scarf above the head will be taken at a M6 motorway service station en route to Preston:whistling:

Β 

You must work at Tynie to know such information.

jamboinglasgow
31 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Will be FridayΒ 

Β 

They want to unveil him as a double signingΒ πŸ˜›

1 minute ago, InternationalJambo said:

Still in the market for 2 attacking players and a centre midfielder.Β 

Shankland,Simms, Anderson and Gilmour tomorrow 😜

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Selective memories and air brushers of history ………. same thing happening now I used to read Pie and Bovril and Kickback before I joined here and the myths these idiots peddle are incredible but made more incredible still by the weird Aberdeen and other diddy teams fans who back them up πŸ˜„Β 

Β 

πŸ‘

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Sooks said:

Delayed the inevitableΒ 

Correct.Β  merely advising how shite the shite are.Β 

Just now, Robbies Tackle said:

Correct.Β  merely advising how shite the shite are.Β 

It also meant they were in a position to share the division with us and Rangers which meant three years doon thereΒ 

13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Did he not have a season where he scored a barrel load for them? Their general team performance aside?Β 
Β 

Might be misremembering or giving a season of Celtic goals to him at Hibs by mistake.Β 
Β 

Read the points made about Isma. Fair play I’ll accept I’m maybe being a bit harsh.Β 

7 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

When we getting them? Julember 2024 🀣

10 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Β 

Β 

I think it used to be more common for teams to have one (or two) main goal scorer(s) who would often get the fabled 20 a season. But in recent years/decade have many players scored 20+ a season in our league?Β 

Β 

There will be some one season wonders e.g Lafferty for us, yet still didn't get 20 in his most prolific season, or some OF players, but across the division there aren't many if any strikers (at non-OF teams) scoring 20+ on a regular basis.Β 

Β 

Β 

Aye it’s fair points. I’m perhaps just longing for a taste of a time I was too young to see πŸ˜‚ feel like we’ve had pretty unfortunate times with a lot of strikers in my life.Β 
Β 

As alluded to as well I’m perhaps slightly guilty of giving a bit too much weight to the pish spouted by the flairmeisters down Easter Road.Β 

ScottieMac17
2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Did he not have a season where he scored a barrel load for them? Their general team performance aside?Β 
Β 

Might be misremembering or giving a season of Celtic goals to him at Hibs by mistake.Β 
Β 

Read the points made about Isma. Fair play I’ll accept I’m maybe being a bit harsh.Β 

Griffith scored 28 in all comps in 2012-13 when Hibs finished 7th

5 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Griffith scored 28 in all comps in 2012-13 when Hibs finished 7th

Is that goals or female jaikies

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Β 

More importantly i hope the get rid of that god awful, deafening H-E-A at the start of every video.

100%
Β 

And by the time you try and turn down in a panic it’s finished. Β It’s like those sex noise videos.

*insert forehead joke here to rattle some posters*Β 

Β 

Shankland is a good signing, another striker would be a great window but everything as-is is already some class graft on Savage and his team’s partΒ 

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

You just in from work….🫣

I am actually.Β 

Β 

I wanted us to sign him years ago and i had to put up with a large chunk of the people on this forum telling me that he's not good enough.

That thread seems to have been deleted...Β Β 

Β 

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I am actually.Β 

Β 

I wanted us to sign him years ago and i had to put up with a large chunk of the people on this forum telling me that he's not good enough.

Β 

Give it time ⏲️ 

Greedy Jambo

Not good enough for our level etc

Yet he had scored goals against us and hibs, and broke into the Scotland squad, hmmm ok then.Β 

People were comparing him to strikers we had signed from the 1st division that hadn't scored anywhere near the amount of goals he did

:facepalm:

Batistuta87

Β 

More importantly i hope the get rid of that god awful, deafening H-E-A at the start of every video.

My wee boy sprints over to see what it is every single time.

Β 

Jack Torrance
6 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I am actually.Β 

Β 

Β 

It's now the Law Shankland Redemption thread

Β 

I like it.Β 
Β 

Can someone put it on a loop please?Β 
Β 

Β 

:whistling:

51 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Surely a GK too?!Β 

AC Mallin_51

I think the most exciting thing about signing Lawrence Shankland is that we have Barry McKay. We all saw some of those passes last year, why do I think they 2 could be a match made in heaven?Β 

fabienleclerq
3 hours ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Didn’t Harry Cochrane score against Celtic when he was 16? Means absolutely bugger all. The chances of him living up to his supposed potential is much lower than it is high.Β 

Β 

It was more the big layout for a kid, a lot for hibs to sign a 16 year old.

Β 

Β 

3 hours ago, McNelly15 said:

He's 16...

Β 

Correct, generally happens after being 15. I read he played u23 at 15.

4 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

I think the most exciting thing about signing Lawrence Shankland is that we have Barry McKay. We all saw some of those passes last year, why do I think they 2 could be a match made in heaven?Β 

Totally but add in Forrest who has got off to a flying start and who created lots for him previously ………. we will score more goals next season I thinkΒ 

3 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Β 

It was more the big layout for a kid, a lot for hibs to sign a 16 year old.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Correct, generally happens after being 15. I read he played u23 at 15.

It is the age after 15 yes. Dont know why you had to clarify this πŸ˜‚Β  he signed for wee team at 16...

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Time passes slowly in the Land of Shanks

Β 

Too hot for the scarf above the head.Β 

Just now, Sooks said:

Totally but add in Forrest who has got off to a flying start and who created lots for him previously ………. we will score more goals next season I thinkΒ 

And Jorge, Β  really think the combo of McKay, Forrest, Jorge and Shankland with Boyce in the mix too means we’re in for a good season. Β  Def more goals in this team for me than last season and looks like we are not done yet! Exciting times…

1 minute ago, McNelly15 said:

It is the age after 15 yes. Dont know why you had to clarify this πŸ˜‚Β  he signed for wee team at 16...

Ahhh lols. I get what you were saying, playing at 15yo at last club for u23s. Not Hibs.. πŸ‘πŸ½

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***