*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

RustyRightPeg

I don’t understand EEN’s relentless nature when we are spending a “six figure sum”. Yet they don’t bat an eye when Hibs spend £135K on a 16 year old coaches son. Weird journalism. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

I imagine it takes an hour or three for the media team to create some content for the announcement

Traffic bad on the way to the Pentlands?

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I imagine it takes an hour or three for the media team to create some content for the announcement

They drummed up stuff quick for the away top being leaked

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I think you'll find most, if not all, that defend Boyce will defend Shankland too

Why do people on here take a group of posters who write something about 2 different things, then claim the same group of posters post something different, which makes them a hypocrite; no names, no evidence

Only childish posters write the crap about Shankland

Plus there was reasons that Boyce lost form at end of last season; it's been done many times already in the last 2 weeks

Lucky I'm not moderating here, because I wouldn't take slagging our players or targets well

Folk slag our players all the time and I  defend most, including Boyce. 

Having a light hearted joke about Shankland is just a bit banter. 

So I had a joke about Shankland, want us to sign him and defend Boyce. So you're theory is bollocks. 

Wait until you go to a game, folk swear and curse all the time at players, I hope you aren't as precious there. 

Calm yourself to a panic. 

Jambo in Bathgate
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

They drummed up stuff quick for the away top being leaked

That was staged. I’m sure. 

Vlad the impaler

For what my opinions worth I think Shankland will score a barrow load for us!…..and his head is beautiful like the rest of him 😍

1 minute ago, mellors1874 said:

Hope they don't do a camera shot from the head down, be the longest signing video in history

Any need 🤦🏻

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Having a light hearted joke about Shankland is just a bit banter

So I had a joke about Shankland, want us to sign him and defend Boyce. So you're theory is bollocks. 

Wait until you go to a game, folk swear and curse all the time at players, I hope you aren't as precious there. 

No, it's pathetic; I didn't call you out specifically either

Dennis Wyness anyone

11 minutes ago, CMc said:

A5D2B3DB-2B55-4131-8955-78599B055E74.thumb.jpeg.9e684975f8acca9bd1131d24c61c2f0e.jpeg
cropped that a bit tight. End column is all comp goals. Bottom row is first season at Utd. 

Dennis Wyness anyones? 👀

49 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

To add to what you say, not winning the ball in the air doesn't mean he hasn't done his job when jumping with an attacker, as long as the attacker has been unable to do anything useful with the ball. From memory, Alan McLaren wasn't the tallest of central defenders, but he made it very difficult for even the tallest of attackers to make decent contact in the air, and more often than not allowed Dave MacPherson, or another defender, to clean up. I very much doubt there's stats for this part of the game so it's something only watching Rowles will allow us, and our scouts when they assessed him, to judge.

Agree totally with this.  Alan was very aggressive of course, perhaps more than I expect from Rowles but theory totally the same.  Gets trotted out all the time, the list of CBs who weren't the biggest or needed to depend on height/heading as much as you might expect a CB.  It's about positioning, aggression, intelligence and concentration.  Chris "The Rash" Perry always springs to mind for some reason for me.

As I say, hope Kye has loads of aggression in him, I want defenders who'll put their body on the line - attach that to some of the above traits, he'll be just fine for me.  Good feeling about the boy tbf

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, jambo89 said:

Dennis Wyness anyone

Dennis Wyness anyones? 👀

So good you had to say it twice 

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

So good you had to say it twice 

He used to be s***e but now…….

Just now, jambo89 said:

He used to be s***e but now…….

...he's still shite.

We were in the championship not so long ago, fairly sure nobody was even close to the numbers shankland scored.

16 minutes ago, CMc said:

A5D2B3DB-2B55-4131-8955-78599B055E74.thumb.jpeg.9e684975f8acca9bd1131d24c61c2f0e.jpeg
cropped that a bit tight. End column is all comp goals. Bottom row is first season at Utd. 

He should also be in his prime years at hearts don't forget !

BackOfTheNet

Hearts media team taking the piss now. Leaked photos of the guy in Hearts training gear, yet here we are past 1pm still waiting for a graphic being created after the one guy that does it gets back from his lunch.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Hearts media team taking the piss now. Leaked photos of the guy in Hearts training gear, yet here we are past 1pm still waiting for a graphic being created after the one guy that does it gets back from his lunch.

I doubt the media team leaked the photos. 

45 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Do you have a script that just posts this every day? :lol:

In fairness before I was saying I hoped it would be a 1pm announcement, today I actually saw a few people posting it was a 1pm announcement🤣

Auld Reekin'
Just now, davemclaren said:

I foubt punt the media team leaked the photos. 

Yep, me too - especially on Tuesdays. :icon14:

I'm actually excited about Shanks now.  Didn't think I would be, but frankly I was ignorant to him.  I've now watched some footage, spoken to a couple of folk and I think he looks like he's just what we need.  Like others have said, if we'd never heard of him, we'd be buzzing on his stats (the ones posted here from a Dundee United fan on twitter were brill) and videos.

And I'm going to say it - if Nisbet is considered a Scotland squad regular and top SPFL striker, well.... we'll see who is considered better when they're both playing regularly on either side of the city.  For me, Shankland far superior in all areas of the game.  And that's something I've never changed on - always thought Shankland was the better of the two.

McKay, Boyce, Grant, Forrest, Natty, Devlin, Cochrane, Kingsley, Beni, Haring (even GMS and Gino if they stay)... the boy's getting chances.  He also needs watched.  Ok defence, put 2 on Shanks.  That'll be McKay freed up, cheers.

Biffa Bacon
12 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We were in the championship not so long ago, fairly sure nobody was even close to the numbers shankland scored.

In a shortened season though.

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt the media team leaked the photos. 

Never said they did (although looking back I can see how it can be read like that), I’m stating as a fact that there’s been leaked photos - as in not authorised - and although I have no doubt the social media team have nothing to do with that, it’s obvious they’ll know it’s out there as well as the articles stating as a fact that Shankland will be signing today. Just delaying the announcement seems pointless at this stage.

But I was mostly being tongue in cheek, and I know they’ll not post anything until someone higher up gives the go ahead.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Never said they did (although looking back I can see how it can be read like that), I’m stating as a fact that there’s been leaked photos - as I’m not authorised - and although I have no doubt the social media team have nothing to do with that, it’s obvious they’ll know it’s out there as well as the articles stating as a fact that Shankland will be signing today. Just delaying the announcement seems pointless at this stage.

But I was mostly being tongue in cheek, and I know they’ll not post anything until someone higher up gives the go ahead.

You need to avoid being "Mo Johnstoned"!!

davemclaren
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Never said they did (although looking back I can see how it can be read like that), I’m stating as a fact that there’s been leaked photos - as I’m not authorised - and although I have no doubt the social media team have nothing to do with that, it’s obvious they’ll know it’s out there as well as the articles stating as a fact that Shankland will be signing today. Just delaying the announcement seems pointless at this stage.

Exactly, press will have been invited for a particular time etc… they’ll be sticking to the plan. 

hmfc_liam06
29 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Having a light hearted joke about Shankland is just a bit banter. 

It's ****ing horrendous patter and you're quite rightly getting called out on it.

Edited by hmfc_liam06

15 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Could he be doing a medical or awaiting results?

27 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Hope they don't do a camera shot from the head down, be the longest signing video in history

FFS he’s about to announced as a Hearts player. Can this shite not be brought to a halt mods. It’s utterly awful patter. Do we call Devlin a dwarf ? Do we call Boyce a Ginger baldy ? Do we ever point out that Beningame is black and have a chortle at it ? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not the slightest question Shankland has ability, but I think by his own admission he made a mess of his early career. What I like about him, he realised that and sought support of a personal trainer, bit of a slow burner the boy, not banking on him being a superstar for example, but certainly enough ability to make a difference in the games we dominate. 

Games we dont dominate, still think we need that next level man, then Boyce/Shankland, Henderson is really the spare, he has one last season to show us what he has got

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Never said they did (although looking back I can see how it can be read like that), I’m stating as a fact that there’s been leaked photos - as in not authorised - and although I have no doubt the social media team have nothing to do with that, it’s obvious they’ll know it’s out there as well as the articles stating as a fact that Shankland will be signing today. Just delaying the announcement seems pointless at this stage.

I dare say it was one of the workers installing the screens that took the pic. 

Similar to Lafferty when the stand was being built 

16 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

In a shortened season though.

The season before when shankland was at Utd was cut short too.

Boyce 14 goals in 25 games

Shankland 24 goals in 26 games.

Edited by jambopilms

Jack Torrance
38 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

That was staged. I’m sure. 

They didn't have stock in until a couple of weeks after. Doubt they'd stage a launch without the tops being ready to sell.

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

FFS he’s about to announced as a Hearts player. Can this shite not be brought to a halt mods. It’s utterly awful patter. Do we call Devlin a dwarf ? Do we call Boyce a Ginger baldy ? Do we ever point out that Beningame is black and have a chortle at it ? 

:wow:

Of all the shitposting on this thread of all threads to go overboard on!

Just on the train after watching United v Palace in preseason. Thankful we aren't linked with either team's younger back ups. A known commodity like Shankland is more than welcome on that basis alone.

We're the biggest club by far for Shankland. Barring injuries I'd expect a huge effort from the young chap.

8 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Not the slightest question Shankland has ability, but I think by his own admission he made a mess of his early career. What I like about him, he realised that and sought support of a personal trainer, bit of a slow burner the boy, not banking on him being a superstar for example, but certainly enough ability to make a difference in the games we dominate. 

Games we dont dominate, still think we need that next level man, then Boyce/Shankland, Henderson is really the spare, he has one last season to show us what he has got

I wondered this.  Is Shanks our guy for games we should win (ie 90% of our games, frankly).  We have possession, we likely have territory, we need guile.  What we need in these games is a goal early as possible, really.

But then for OF games, maybe some Euro games, do we perhaps need more of an outball type striker (perhaps with Shanks of course)?  A Simms type, or a better version of either Gnando or Gino (maybe the better version of Gino is Gino of course!).

I'm not sure it's about quality as I think you've put it - more about the mix of types.  Of course, we need more quality - always improve quality, but you know what I mean.  I think our attack just lacks some physicality, be that pace or strength. Bit more power.

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

See, I always thought it was a wee jibe based on the photo of him as a kid taken at a weird angle so that his head just looked big. And it was a running joke. As far as I’m aware it’s only on here, I don’t think other clubs (ones he’s played for or their rivals) use it as a stick to beat him with. His head actually isn’t that big, so as I’ve mentioned before, I thought part of what makes the jokes funny is that it’s an obvious over exaggeration. If he did have a deformed gargantuan heid, I don’t think any of us would genuinely be taking the mick out of it, surely it’s because he has a relatively normal size heid (as opposed to the weird angle photo of him in a Hearts top as a laddie) as to why the jokes are made in the first place? Or am I missing something?

Mr Elwood P

Not sure this thread really required 3 pages of folk arguing about the circumference of Shankland's dome ...

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:wow:

Of all the shitposting on this thread of all threads to go overboard on!

Just on the train after watching United v Palace in preseason. Thankful we aren't linked with either team's younger back ups. A known commodity like Shankland is more than welcome on that basis alone.

Thankfully their older first team players as well.

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

We're the biggest club by far for Shankland. Barring injuries I'd expect a huge effort from the young chap.

Are you forgetting he played for Aberdeen?

You're still 100% correct, of course!!!!

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Massive pressure on his shoulders, especially if he’s the only striker coming in. We make chances, he’ll get lots of balls to feet in the box. All he’ll need to do is good movement. POTENTIALLY a 20 goal (all competitions) striker and we’ve not had one of those for a while

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I wondered this.  Is Shanks our guy for games we should win (ie 90% of our games, frankly).  We have possession, we likely have territory, we need guile.  What we need in these games is a goal early as possible, really.

But then for OF games, maybe some Euro games, do we perhaps need more of an outball type striker (perhaps with Shanks of course)?  A Simms type, or a better version of either Gnando or Gino (maybe the better version of Gino is Gino of course!).

I'm not sure it's about quality as I think you've put it - more about the mix of types.  Of course, we need more quality - always improve quality, but you know what I mean.  I think our attack just lacks some physicality, be that pace or strength. Bit more power.

Yeah, so many variables, impossible to go through them all here without writing War & Peace, but I agree. Its having enough pieces, that its not having to put a square peg in a round hole, or horses for courses as Doddy used to like to say, when he favoured Foster over Robbo, which would cause meltdown 35 years on.

He may prove me wrong, not sure he is that piece though to test a Rangers or Celtic rearguard, or these big European matches, not on his own anyhow, Simms gives me that comfort. If its not Simms, then we need another akin

Edited by Lord Beni of Gorgie

Jambo in Bathgate
12 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

They didn't have stock in until a couple of weeks after. Doubt they'd stage a launch without the tops being ready to sell.

That’s a marketing ploy. Get us excited more likely to buy. Works for games machines etc. They sold like hot cakes. Lovely strip though. 

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Ooffttt a picture, that's actually something. Albeit it wasn't exactly taken by the Webb telescope. 

More likely a staff webcam 

Edited by Sooks

Naisys Tackle
26 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

He is a personal trainer. 

Jack Torrance
5 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

That’s a marketing ploy. Get us excited more likely to buy. Works for games machines etc. They sold like hot cakes. Lovely strip though. 

Yeah probably. I used to work in Marketing and they're all devious 😄

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***