• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Lone Striker

It seems almost appropriate to have  Rudi's Cup Final   gesture still on the HMFC front page as we await official confirmation.   The man is a legend, and hopefully our new man will follow in his footsteps.

:glorious:  

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, Herbert. said:

Will be announced in the next hour 😉

I’m in Spain is that 2 hours 🙃

Fire_At_The_Disco
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

I feel your pain mate, I’m In Italy atm☹️

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

No your ahead in time so he's already been announced.

4 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Imminent

Is that Joe's real twitter?  Only ask cos calling himself Super Joe Savage would be quite something, no?haha

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

He is a personal trainer. 

Was it not as a result he became one, could be wrong with the back story, getting on now, anyhow, he was out of shape and made the effort, then he wanted to help others is how I recall

Jack Torrance
Just now, TheBigO said:

Is that Joe's real twitter?  Only ask cos calling himself Super Joe Savage would be quite something, no?haha

No it's a spoof.

2 minutes ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

I feel your pain mate, I’m In Italy atm☹️

Hope you two are logged into the hotel WIFI or your bills are gonna be off the scale when you get home 

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Tbf I'd be absolutely fine with him referring to himself as Super Joe Savage

All roads lead to Gorgie
31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He has a future as a body double for Ant McParlin 😱🤔🤣

So is there anyone we could sign who looks like the other bloke. Club could hire them out for parties and make a bit dosh.:munny:

The White Cockade
26 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Would be funny as **** if someone at the club was reading this thread and decided to delay the announcement just to piss off those over reacting.

Not sure the pant wetters have any more dry underwear to be fair

Would push them

over the edge unless they have bought in a stick of incontinence pants

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Tbf I'd be absolutely fine with him referring to himself as Super Joe Savage

Savage patter better than brutal patter?

bobby bombscare

I have a good feeling about this signing! What we have been missing for a while is someone that will just have a go at goal from anywhere and that's what LS does. He'll try with both feet, inside the box, outside the box, headers.. not saying it'll always come off but some of them will! 

Will also be the first time in his career that he has had the quality of the likes of Barry McKay giving him service and we know how well him and Forrest worked before at Ayr.. good business, worth the wait! 

Does anyone else picture the staff all sitting pishing themselves at JKB "Should we announce him now?  Nah give it till 5pm.... ON FRIDAY"

manaliveits105
10 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

No your ahead in time so he's already been announced.

El claxon !! 

2 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

I have a good feeling about this signing! What we have been missing for a while is someone that will just have a go at goal from anywhere and that's what LS does. He'll try with both feet, inside the box, outside the box, headers.. not saying it'll always come off but some of them will! 

Will also be the first time in his career that he has had the quality of the likes of Barry McKay giving him service and we know how well him and Forrest worked before at Ayr.. good business, worth the wait! 

This 

The boy is an out and out finisher 

Supply him with chances and he'll score a large majority of them 

Boyce needs a touch, a turn, a second or two,  but Shankland is all about instincts and will in my mind score a lot of goals for us 

heartandsoul
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

El claxon !! 

Still no klaxon.....Budge out, Neilson out, Levein out, Sergio out, Romanov out lol

1 minute ago, heartandsoul said:

Still no klaxon.....Budge out, Neilson out, Levein out, Sergio out, Romanov out lol

2 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

Too hot for work today. Maybe tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Spookie said:

If you zoom in its defo a blonde mohawk 

Screenshot_20220719-142902_Twitter.jpg

It was probably one of those bloody seagulls still in the ground from Saturday and it shat on his napper. 

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

It was probably one of those bloody seagulls still in the ground from Saturday and it shat on his napper. 

🤣🤣🤣 that made me laugh out loud Davy 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

So is there anyone we could sign who looks like the other bloke. Club could hire them out for parties and make a bit dosh.:munny:

That’s the Add ons in the transfer fee 😜

Brick Tamland
32 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

No it’s not, but it’s been quite funny recently 

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Seems a bit dodgy! Although it Sat's he was playing u23 at 15 so must be decent. 

He's 16...

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Seems a bit dodgy! Although it Says he was playing u23 at 15 so must be decent. 

If you want to believe everything you read they beat off quite substantial competition for his signature. 

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

If you want to believe everything you read they beat off quite substantial competition for his signature. 

Clearly went there because of his Dad why would he turn down Celtic and others to go train at a farm every day 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Aye 😂😂 the likes of Celtic, Newcastle, teams in Italy and France...... but chooses to follow his daddy and play for utter dribble. 

Captain Lithuania
8 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Seems a bit dodgy! Although it Says he was playing u23 at 15 so must be decent. 

Didn’t Harry Cochrane score against Celtic when he was 16? Means absolutely bugger all. The chances of him living up to his supposed potential is much lower than it is high. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Didn’t Harry Cochrane score against Celtic when he was 16? Means absolutely bugger all. The chances of him living up to his supposed potential is much lower than it is high. 

The only reason he has gone to Hibs as well is because of his Dad

john thomas
51 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Hope you two are logged into the hotel WIFI or your bills are gonna be off the scale when you get home 

Free to roam still works

Captain Lithuania
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

The only reason he has gone to Hibs as well is because of his Dad

Well, we all know that. But trying to look at it from a neutral point of view, spending any significant fee on a 16 year old is total madness. Especially considering the fact you could pick up a decent free agent for a year or a fee for a senior player at a lower level club. 

1 minute ago, Ford Prentice said:

He's a big name signing right enough.

Blaaaaaaahahaha. Dont know why it went in big letters! 

This heat must be getting to me...sure I saw a picture of shankland at tynie yet about 29496839 hours later he still isn't announced 🙄

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, gov said:

This heat must be getting to me...sure I saw a picture of shankland at tynie yet about 29496839 hours later he still isn't announced 🙄

We’ve still not been able to verify whether it was Shankland or Ant Mcpartlin in the photo, the facial recognition software crashed

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Looks like that leaked photo has postponed the announcement. Cheers mate

The club are probs trying to get the contractors to sack whoever leaked it (if it was indeed a workie in tynecastle that done it)

59 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Does anyone else picture the staff all sitting pishing themselves at JKB "Should we announce him now?  Nah give it till 5pm.... ON FRIDAY"

Yip! Marketing/ Social Media teams trolling the absolute **** out of JKB since it stole their announcement thunder. 😂

Watt-Zeefuik
15 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The Shankland hype train has always worried me as he always seems to me to be a poor man's Steven Fletcher or Jordan Rhodes, where there is obvious ability but they always seem to perform under their true potential. That's not to say he won't be good for us but then I would be content for 10-12 goals for someone I see as a regular rather than a first name on the teamsheet. Some will expect 20 goals and set themselves up for disappointment as a consequence.

I get this worry and I share it a bit, but I think a lot of times strikers that seem to catch lightning rely on a connection with a midfielder or other striker that they play off of very well. I think it's very encouraging that we have Forrest at the club already, with whom he played extremely well and who has already shown he slots into the team well. Having McKay dropping fat juicy chances into him should be superb as well, and Boyce has obviously shown he's quite happy to set up another striker. No guarantees, of course, but we've set the table for him well.

8 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Think he will. Couple of spfl clubs showing bit of interest. Motherwell being one.

Offer him to United in exchange for getting them to STFU about Neilson. I like GMS fine and he did some good assist work for us last season, but I do think we've already brought in better at his position. One of him or Ginelley probably should turn in their Tynecastle parking passes soon.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***