dazajmbo

Forrest ✔️
Neilson ✔️
Grant✔️
Rowles ✔️

Cochrane ✔️
Shankland ✔️

Ronan or Elliot Anderson I think are our AM targets

I’d guess Simms is still our target or will have AN Other in sights incase Simms doesn’t happen 

I would call that a superb summer if business along with the players we tied up on deals.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

21 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Have to say the comments about his head are a bit off, a rival player I would get it…a potential signing who seems to be our no.1 target…bad patter for me.

Me too, it's embarrassing, hope he doesn't read kickback 

24 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Have to say the comments about his head are a bit off, a rival player I would get it…a potential signing who seems to be our no.1 target…bad patter for me.

Indeed. 

Agree about the patter re his head.

However.

Those saying that patter sucks, why don’t any of you come to the defence of any of our players who are at the mercy of the boo boys on here?

All very well defending Shankland before he’s even in the door.

What about defending Boyce who has taken a shed load of flak (undeservedly in my opinion)

Bit hypocritical by some but not saying everyone.

Prince Buaben
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

However.

Those saying that patter sucks, why don’t any of you come to the defence of any of our players who are at the mercy of the boo boys on here?

What about defending Boyce who has taken a shed load of flak (undeservedly in my opinion)

C'mon Vlad don't talk sense.

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

However.

Maybe because some people are criticising Boyce because of his ability/performances rather than his looks, there is a difference. 

19 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I doubt we’ll get a new keeper in. Robbie seems to rate Stewart as a back up keeper.

That's a worry 😟 

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

However.

But this is before he has kicked a ball and it's about his appearance

Sub4TiddlerMurray
10 hours ago, Waterboy said:

What picture aren't people seeing?  Think you're getting a bit carried away over some chat about a potential signings attributes.

Your chat was about Simms’s weaknesses, not his attributes. Which was my point. But it appears that your chat is ok, but any chat that doesn’t confirm your point is “getting carried away”. Cool. Thanks for clarifying.

Seymour M Hersh
20 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Who are our afternoon and evening targets? 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

50 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I agree re Robbo, I grew up watching him and like thousands of others he was my hero. I started following Newcastle in the late 80's due to him moving there! Was gutted when we sold him. He was a tremendous player but anyone who had watched him at Hearts knew fine well he was more effective through the middle, an absolute goal machine and able to sniff out and score half chances. 

He played on the wing for Schoolboy Scotland.

John Sludden was the main striker.

Edited by JamboAl

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

You're bang on here.  I'm not against GMS like many are, to be honest, but frankly if we're moving on GMS because we have better (still to sign?) and McEneff for same reason (Grant), then it's all very positive indeed.

Fact is GMS isn't as bad as some make out and his wrist injury last season really did come as he was starting to play well.  I would like to see more from him - be braver on the ball, not in the tackle would be my assessment, despite most seeming to want to turn him into Pasquale Bruno for some reason.  I'd wanted rainbow flicks and keepy uppies from the wee man as that's what I know him for, and he's seemed quite conservative all in all.

Not been a bad signing or Hearts player, if a wee bit meh at times.

I think part of the reason GMS gets such a hard time is because people know what he is capable of, but he doesn't show it often. Reality is if he finds form and builds some confidence he absolutely has the ability to hold down a starting 11 place.

6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

😂😂😂😂 👌🏽👍🏻

RustyRightPeg
Just now, RS86 said:

I think part of the reason GMS gets such a hard time is because people know what he is capable of, but he doesn't show it often. Reality is if he finds form and builds some confidence he absolutely has the ability to hold down a starting 11 place.

Technically with the ball at his feet he’s shit hot when he’s confident. Unfortunately he’s losing the yard of pace he had which made him dangerous. That was noticeable on Saturday. 

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

Now we just need to sign Will Armitage from Southampton and we’ll be flush! 

He’s got bidet eyes 

Scott Leitch

We badly need a competent back up keeper. If Gordon gets injured for any period of time we're goosed. 

Edited by Scott Leitch

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Technically with the ball at his feet he’s shit hot when he’s confident. Unfortunately he’s losing the yard of pace he had which made him dangerous. That was noticeable on Saturday. 

He’s looked like a players that lost his confidence for some time. It’s a shame as I thought he was going to be an absolute gem for us. 

9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

According to a report in the DR Anderson maybe in Newcastle's plans, hopefully they'll make a decision soon, he would be a real asset if we got him.

1 minute ago, feej said:

According to a report in the DR Anderson maybe in Newcastle's plans, hopefully they'll make a decision soon, he would be a real asset if we got him.

I've said this for a while, he would be a top notch signing, really good player that done well at BR last season on loan. He's been in and around the Newcastle squad and on the fringes but if we could get him on a year long loan it would be tremendous business by the club. 

The Black Prince
On 18/07/2022 at 18:12, CMc said:

Also, I assume that this is comparing his A league data v spl?

I get that percentages are pretty objective- but are there stylistic differences that might explain such a big gap?

Eg do spl Centre backs face more straight long balls (which favour the defender) vs say more crosses (which are more of a fair Contest)?

@The Black Prince @Australis @Melbourne Jambo

@ozjambo

@MelbJambo

(apologies for tagging Folk semi random - can’t remember all of the Oz based posters). 

That graph looked bizarre to me. Rowles hasn't played a single second in the SPL and has been the standout Australian centre back for the last two years. He's fabulous in the air, and just as good on the ground.

I suspect that stat graph was put together by a Hibs troll.

The Future's Maroon
24 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

However.

I agree about the drivel aimed at other players and I agree, no Hearts player should get the level of piss that’s been wrote on here about Boyce, but there have been plenty people defending him too.

FFS, I recall Barrie getting abuse on here when he first signed!

It really can resemble a school playground on here at times, sadly.

Robbo-Jambo
44 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I doubt we’ll get a new keeper in. Robbie seems to rate Stewart as a back up keeper.

Jesus

2 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Agree. Also the sense he’s a bit of a flat-track bully. Would be hopeful he would be able to contribute against a Ross County or Livi at home but have no confidence in him against the OF. 

Really good technical player and chipped in effectively at times and allowed us to rest McKay from time to time.  However if we can get someone who can better that, it’s a no brainier. 
He might be on an ok wage. 

Finance aside, I’d be upgrading Gino first. 

Seymour M Hersh
10 minutes ago, feej said:

But we already know he's a morning target.::troll::

39 minutes ago, lou said:

Me too, it's embarrassing, hope he doesn't read kickback 

It's not even that big

41 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Very excited with Shankland signing.

Ive kept quiet on this thread however now is the time for my opinion.

I think he will smash it!!!!

Me too this, is the camp I am firmly in, I reckon he’ll be a revelation in our team 🤞

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Clear few said:

Me too this, is the camp I am firmly in, I reckon he’ll be a revelation in our team 🤞

yep, if our creative guys can continue in providing opportunities for him, i think he will be a hit. Very much want to see him become a jambo hero

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

It's not even that big

Exactly how are so many people missing this point I actually assumed that most people were just being ironic ............... he has a high hair line 😄 

Edited by Sooks

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

yep, if our creative guys can continue in providing opportunities for him, i think he will be a hit. Very much want to see him become a jambo hero

Do you know the only thing we'll miss is that power Simms gave us.  He could just knock in past defenders and blast past them.  

But then realistically how many guys can do this, so it just has to be "remember when Simms did that" and we bring in Shankland and play to his strengths.  A poacher, with good touch and interlink around the box, joining in with and being fed by McKay, Boyce, Devlin, Grant, Natty, Kingsley, Cochrane and hopefully more, that sounds pretty good to me.  If we could bring in a bit more pace and or/power along with this, we're absolutely golden.

17 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

That graph looked bizarre to me. Rowles hasn't played a single second in the SPL and has been the standout Australian centre back for the last two years. He's fabulous in the air, and just as good on the ground.

I suspect that stat graph was put together by a Hibs troll.

Season ticket holder at hearts actually. The stats are the stats. Can’t argue with them. It would be interesting to see how he compares against center backs in the a league though. Maybe we are far superior in the spl on those stats he looks bad in. 

2 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Season ticket holder at hearts actually. The stats are the stats. Can’t argue with them. It would be interesting to see how he compares against center backs in the a league though. Maybe we are far superior in the spl on those stats he looks bad in. 

Was it not put together by a Motherwell fan called Greg

2 minutes ago, Dayman said:

tbf I saw Rowles himself recently say he needs to improve his heading.  I bet it ain't as bad as being made out but what I like about the Aussie boys we've signed is they seem to have a real hunger to develop and strengthen their game

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

tbf I saw Rowles himself recently say he needs to improve his heading.  I bet it ain't as bad as being made out but what I like about the Aussie boys we've signed is they seem to have a real hunger to develop and strengthen their game

I think I read an article by an aussie based journalist that detailed his strengths and weaknesses and heading was one area that they said he needs to improve on. Having watched him against Peru, his reading of the game and distribution were excellent. He always seemed to be in the right place to get in blocks or pick up loose balls. 

BackOfTheNet

All joking aside with Shankland (and it’s mild jokes, his heid actually isn’t that big, just like the laddie in So I Married an Axe Murderer who was called an orange on a toothpick, was funny nonetheless - funnier in fact because it’s an exaggeration).

I’ve been vocal in that I wanted Hearts to spend the money elsewhere. But as a Hearts player he’ll get my support (his Twitter nonsense, not so much) and I’ll be willing him to be our first 20 a season striker since Robbo. Personally I still don’t think he’ll be what everyone is thinking he’ll be, but will happily eat my hat if proven wrong. :)

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

All joking aside with Shankland (and it’s mild jokes, his heid actually isn’t that big, just like the laddie in So I Married an Axe Murderer who was called an orange on a toothpick, was funny nonetheless - funnier in fact because it’s an exaggeration).

I’ve been vocal in that I wanted Hearts to spend the money elsewhere. But as a Hearts player he’ll get my support (his Twitter nonsense, not so much) and I’ll be willing him to be our first 20 a season striker since Robbo. Personally I still don’t think he’ll be what everyone is thinking he’ll be, but will happily eat my hat if proven wrong. :)

Be amazing if him and Boyce could both compete to get that this season

Drew Wallace
46 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

That's a worry 😟 

If true 

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Be amazing if him and Boyce could both compete to get that this season

Highly doubt it, since Boyce is a midfield maestro these days linking play expertly according to some

2 minutes ago, Negan said:

If we added Anderson or simms to this list it would be a thing of absolute beauty!

That would be unreal business by the club and would take us up a level no doubt about it. Anderson will be in high demand if Newcastle let him go on loan, European football and starts most weeks may help us though. It may also give him a chance of breaking into the Scotland first team set up as well being at us. 

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Highly doubt it, since Boyce is a midfield maestro these days linking play expertly according to some

I think Boyce suffered fatigue / injury at the tail end of last season, he's still very useful to have in the squad and will still no doubt score goals for us next season. 

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Boyce will still get at least 10 so if Shankland can add 15-20 to that plus what Grant and Forrest will bring there will be plenty goals.

9 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I think I read an article by an aussie based journalist that detailed his strengths and weaknesses and heading was one area that they said he needs to improve on. Having watched him against Peru, his reading of the game and distribution were excellent. He always seemed to be in the right place to get in blocks or pick up loose balls. 

Which is perfect.  Would anyone before last season have heading down as a strength for Kingsley?  He was superb in the air in both boxes as it happened.  Not a big concern for me.  If the boy is aggressive, he'll be fine.

Souttar couldn't head a ball or compete to do so for a fish supper when he arrived and really developed alongside Berra.  If Rowles does need to improve that, he can watch and learn from Halks (and Haring) every day now.

In all honesty, I don't see it overly as a big concern week to week.  I don't see to many teams getting cross after cross in to danger areas and the day of the big man, flick on, knock down to wee guy are all but done.  If a team does go direct, we're a very good second ball team these days with the likes of Devlin, Haring, Beni (when back) and even Natty and Cochrane both very good in that respect.  That first header just need competed well, not always won.

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Which is perfect.  Would anyone before last season have heading down as a strength for Kingsley?  He was superb in the air in both boxes as it happened.  Not a big concern for me.  If the boy is aggressive, he'll be fine.

Souttar couldn't head a ball or compete to do so for a fish supper when he arrived and really developed alongside Berra.  If Rowles does need to improve that, he can watch and learn from Halks (and Haring) every day now.

In all honesty, I don't see it overly as a big concern week to week.  I don't see to many teams getting cross after cross in to danger areas and the day of the big man, flick on, knock down to wee guy are all but done.  If a team does go direct, we're a very good second ball team these days with the likes of Devlin, Haring, Beni (when back) and even Natty and Cochrane both very good in that respect.  That first header just need competed well, not always won.

Agree but we do need someone who wins it in the air. For me we always missed Halkett more than Souttar as he hardly ever loses a header and his stats for that must be up there with the best in the league. I'm sure we have done our homework on him anyway and will know if he needs to develop further. 

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I think Boyce suffered fatigue / injury at the tail end of last season, he's still very useful to have in the squad and will still no doubt score goals for us next season. 

Boyce has his uses, and we need to play to his strengths to get the best out of him. Being a link up play midfielder certainly isn’t doing that, despite what some on here proclaim however.

10 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Boyce will still get at least 10 so if Shankland can add 15-20 to that plus what Grant and Forrest will bring there will be plenty goals.

Without the League Cup group and unless we draw low league minnows in the rounds of both cups I doubt Boyce will even get to 10 to be honest. Shankland - depends on if we can feed him, he’s a poacher that can score, but if teams want to isolate him it’s not difficult to do tactically (just as it’s not difficult with Boyce) so we’ll rely on threats from other areas. As a team we should continue to score enough, but I have my doubts over the mass scoring of Boyce or Shankland. Again, happy to be proved wrong of course!

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

Agree but we do need someone who wins it in the air. For me we always missed Halkett more than Souttar as he hardly ever loses a header and his stats for that must be up there with the best in the league. I'm sure we have done our homework on him anyway and will know if he needs to develop further. 

Oh aye definitely, I guess my thoughts are with Halks in the team!

1 hour ago, Mdoug79 said:

Forrest ✔️
Neilson ✔️
Grant✔️
Rowles ✔️

Cochrane ✔️
Shankland ✔️

I’d guess Simms is still our target or will have AN Other in sights incase Simms doesn’t happen 

I would call that a superb summer if business along with the players we tied up on deals.

Id still like one more experienced CB. (Sainsbury?)

imagine we added to your list:
Sainsbury
Anderson
Simms

that would be some window.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***