• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Shankland, I think his all round game may surprise a few people. I've seen some compare him to Sutton and Wyness but they are worlds apart! He's got himself into the Scotland squad for a reason and he's scored a fair amoount of goals. I think he's coming into his peak years as well. Some of the chances we created for Boyce last year, Shankland will score them with his eyes closed, he's clinical in front of goal. Hopefully he gets off to a good start and plays with real confidence. If he does, and stays fit he could easily go past the 20 goal mark. 

I agree fully with the comment about chances taken where Boyce didn't last season. Perfect example for me would be away to St Mirren when he had three glaring misses in front of goal. All he had to do was hit the target.

Feel like I must add that this isn't bashing Boyce, every player has an off game, but if Shankland was in addition that day he would've had a hat-trick by half time.

John Findlay
12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Boyce will still get at least 10 so if Shankland can add 15-20 to that plus what Grant and Forrest will bring there will be plenty goals.

Not forgetting the likes of Halkett, Haring, Kingsley, and othe scoring goals too

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Shanklin at Tynecastle  today.

Will get utterly confusing if we sign two players with similar sounding names on the same day

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Boyce has his uses, and we need to play to his strengths to get the best out of him. Being a link up play midfielder certainly isn’t doing that, despite what some on here proclaim however.

Without the League Cup group and unless we draw low league minnows in the rounds of both cups I doubt Boyce will even get to 10 to be honest. Shankland - depends on if we can feed him, he’s a poacher that can score, but if teams want to isolate him it’s not difficult to do tactically (just as it’s not difficult with Boyce) so we’ll rely on threats from other areas. As a team we should continue to score enough, but I have my doubts over the mass scoring of Boyce or Shankland. Again, happy to be proved wrong of course!

Aye a lot of ifs 

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Was it not put together by a Motherwell fan called Greg

Nah LWScouting on Twitter. 

colinmaroon
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Will get utterly confusing if we sign two players with similar sounding names on the same day

Confusion, heat getting to me made worse by sitting on Shanklin beach.

After the state of this thread, just imagine Shankland being unveiled in an Aberdeen shirt, scarf above head at Pittodrie.

With the amount of "ITKers" on Kickback, I actually wouldn't be surprised :lol:

2 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Still hopeful we can do a deal for Conor Ronan, genuinely believe he would be a game changer for us in the SPFL

I don't get the JKB hype myself.

BackOfTheNet

Honestly at the point you just want the announcement to be done. Everyone and their aunt in Scottish football journalism has called it, only thing left to do is announce it.

:waiting:

Shankland for me could be the difference between winning and drawing games. He is the clinical finisher we have missed for a few years. I go back to Robbo again here, but there were so many games in his era that were won when we played poor because he tucked away the one chance he got (especially against Hibs). The same may happen now we have a proper penalty box striker in games we are toiling in and looking like losing / dropping points. I feel it's one area in the team we have missed for as long as I can remember. 

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Honestly at the point you just want the announcement to be done. Everyone and their aunt in Scottish football journalism has called it, only thing left to do is announce it.

:waiting:

Has to happen today with him travelling last night. You would think he's at Tynecastle now doing all the formalities. 

Just now, Armageddon said:

I don't get the JKB hype myself.

Na not sure I do either.  I mean the boy scored a couple of stunning goals, proper top drawer.  But I'm not sure other than those I saw him doing much in games against us.  Admittedly I wasn't watching out for him.  If he truly is on the edge of the Wolves team, then he's obviously a decent player.

Not sure I'd lose sleep over the boy though.  Now we've brought Grant in and have Boyce and McKay, I'm not sure a Ronan type is required.  I want pace and power options now.  Kind of replacements for Simms and the idea of Gino

18 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Which is perfect.  Would anyone before last season have heading down as a strength for Kingsley?  He was superb in the air in both boxes as it happened.  Not a big concern for me.  If the boy is aggressive, he'll be fine.

Souttar couldn't head a ball or compete to do so for a fish supper when he arrived and really developed alongside Berra.  If Rowles does need to improve that, he can watch and learn from Halks (and Haring) every day now.

In all honesty, I don't see it overly as a big concern week to week.  I don't see to many teams getting cross after cross in to danger areas and the day of the big man, flick on, knock down to wee guy are all but done.  If a team does go direct, we're a very good second ball team these days with the likes of Devlin, Haring, Beni (when back) and even Natty and Cochrane both very good in that respect.  That first header just need competed well, not always won.

Would imagine having McCulloch on the coaching staff helps. Even taking away his SFA license to elbow, the boy could attack a ball. Between his teeth and Robbie’s nose, the squad have a daily reminder of the commitment required in this area. 

Hectormasson
48 minutes ago, Clear few said:

Me too this, is the camp I am firmly in, I reckon he’ll be a revelation in our team 🤞

Ditto,this,  he could be a real fans favourite,couple of early goals to get settled & the goals will follow, onwards and upwards heart of midlothian,🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻🇶🇦

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Confusion, heat getting to me made worse by sitting on Shanklin beach.

Isle of Wight? Fond childhood memories of that place.

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

First picture of Shanks as a Jambo.....!

240eac5e654d8e19115ad3436fef30af_L-1.jpg

That must be photo shopped. He has double the forehead size and top half isnt the same colour as the rest of his face.

5 minutes ago, Jambo Jim said:

4BCDE867-8E28-4423-90B3-1CA2CD461333.jpeg

Fantastic! Knew we'd get there eventually but great to see confirmation.

1 minute ago, Armageddon said:

Who's the boy in black?

No idea.

Spoiler

He’s the guy in charge of his sun cream. Full time job for that noggin.

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

That must be photo shopped. He has double the forehead size and top half isnt the same colour as the rest of his face.

It is

7 minutes ago, Jambo Jim said:

4BCDE867-8E28-4423-90B3-1CA2CD461333.jpeg

5E941E11-8E1D-4B23-AAB5-114CBA4C5C84.gif.4f0e896a31c88530c5fca187c3c0a7b9.gif

I think this is a great signing.

If we continue to create a similar amount of chances this season coming, that we did last season, LS will bang them in for fun 🥅 ️ 

AlphonseCapone

Ooffttt a picture, that's actually something. Albeit it wasn't exactly taken by the Webb telescope. 

57 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Do you know the only thing we'll miss is that power Simms gave us.  He could just knock in past defenders and blast past them.  

But then realistically how many guys can do this, so it just has to be "remember when Simms did that" and we bring in Shankland and play to his strengths.  A poacher, with good touch and interlink around the box, joining in with and being fed by McKay, Boyce, Devlin, Grant, Natty, Kingsley, Cochrane and hopefully more, that sounds pretty good to me.  If we could bring in a bit more pace and or/power along with this, we're absolutely golden.

The dynamic definitely changes.  A big, powerful running player is an “out” for every player in the team.  With Shankland there’ll be more responsibility put on our creative players to not fall out the game.  

14 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Na not sure I do either.  I mean the boy scored a couple of stunning goals, proper top drawer.  But I'm not sure other than those I saw him doing much in games against us.  Admittedly I wasn't watching out for him.  If he truly is on the edge of the Wolves team, then he's obviously a decent player.

Not sure I'd lose sleep over the boy though.  Now we've brought Grant in and have Boyce and McKay, I'm not sure a Ronan type is required.  I want pace and power options now.  Kind of replacements for Simms and the idea of Gino

I think pace would be very welcome.   We aren't dependent on pace with the talent we have but it's nice to have pace to push defences back or catch them out when they tire.    Gino is still the quickest I  think so he still has a use. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***