*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Never Let Them Forget
22 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Palmer is quality. Getting him in on loan would be a superb piece of business but have a feeling they might start easing him into a bit more first team action. Anthony Gordon at Everton or Crysencio Summerville at Leeds might be good alternatives.

I'm sure they won't be short of offers fof Delap either after his performances for England U19/21/whatever - but again would be superb to get him for the season. It'll probably be up to them where he goes and if they want him playing at a decent level then arguably we could offer some better experiences than some Championship sides down south. We should put our hat in the ring. Who knows, we might get lucky. 

Antony Gordon who spurs are trying to sign? 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

lost in space
3 minutes ago, JTJ said:

One thing I'm hoping from tonight's game is Ross Stewart now being No 25 means No 13 is reserved for our new back-up........

Stewart should be No 37 or preferably 49.

6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Great post which succinctly sums it up. 👍

I like a wee 'highbrow' post, so I do.

As lifted from elsewhere (with my additions in [ ]s):-

"When the line "fair is foul and foul is fair" is used today, it is often used in reference to someone who appears good, trustworthy, and genuine [Scottish Referees]; but who is not - looks can be deceiving. This idea is often repeated in reference to public figures, such as politicians, who have a public persona that does not match who they really are [Again, Scottish Referees; oh, and line refs also]."

Every club outwith the so-called OF have similar tales to tell, but witnessing a not given offside call at Tynie v The Rangers when we caught them cold on an offside trap with 3 of their players clearly off-side, and that one where the rules were made up on the spot to stop play when the opposing player fell over (nae head knock) whilst we had clear advantage? 

Och, you know ...

It was almost Highbrow … but stupidly I got them the wrong way round. I’d never cut it as a Shakespearean actor 😂

• Moderators

Once again, if you've had posts removed, you're one more spammy comment away from being removed. 

If it's not related to Hearts transfer activity then please don't post it.

4 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What goalkeepers are realistic for us to sign as a back up to Gordon?

Angus Gunn perhaps?

Only signed for Norwich a year ago, he played 11 times for them last season in the Prem, I reckon it's slightly fanciful thinking to hope we'd be in for someone like that as a backup player.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

What’s this about Paterson and Presley? Anything in it or just speculation?

Just Kickback being bored with no real news and responding to a certain poster being daft again.

Now on the other hand I hear Osman Sow wants a return… (narrator voice: he has not heard that)

Watt-Zeefuik

On the keeper front I keep not seeing anything about Macdonald, despite him being free from contract.

Naisys Tackle
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He’s what we have though. 

How are Paterson or Pressley better than him?

Callum Paterson is a better player than Boyce. 

cosanostra

So we won a friendly 7-0, we may have ****ed up the Hickey sell on clause and Simms might go to the disgusting Huns. 

🤔 

Mixed bag this morning. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

So we won a friendly 7-0, we may have ****ed up the Hickey sell on clause and Simms might go to the disgusting Huns. 

🤔

Mixed bag this morning. 

Never change Kickback.

Rick Sanchez

Rangers agree a fee for Colak. Hopefully Simms was just a backup option or lazy journalism 🤞

The Grim Reaper
8 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Palmer is quality. Getting him in on loan would be a superb piece of business but have a feeling they might start easing him into a bit more first team action. Anthony Gordon at Everton or Crysencio Summerville at Leeds might be good alternatives.

I'm sure they won't be short of offers fof Delap either after his performances for England U19/21/whatever - but again would be superb to get him for the season. It'll probably be up to them where he goes and if they want him playing at a decent level then arguably we could offer some better experiences than some Championship sides down south. We should put our hat in the ring. Who knows, we might get lucky. 

😂

48 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Rangers agree a fee for Colak. Hopefully Simms was just a backup option or lazy journalism 🤞

The chat on Twitter on all the articles naming Simms as a rangers target from their fans was extremely negative and they were talking very badly about their scouts, I wouldn't be surprised if it was true and just lazy scouting 

Tynecastle Valhalla

Anthony Gordon - the first player on Everton’s team sheet ???!!

wtf

presumably a wind up 

Midloth_Iain
3 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Anyone know who our scoring trialist was last night?

Joe Wright

PapaShango

Some of the names on here are laughable! Gordon from Everton was one of their best players last season when he played, absolutely no chance he is moving here, his next move will be to a top team for millions! 

Anyone give un update on how Wright looked last night? Presume he didn't come under much pressure in a 7-0 win but would be good to get info on him. 

loveofthegame

Not time to panic but would be nice to see some serious activity soon. In some respects it’s comforting to know we’re not just pulling the trigger on any old diddy- anyone can sign players, but getting the right players of the right quality is the tricky bit. So far, Savage has shown himself to be very reliable and astute at this. 

In saying that, I don’t think it’s totally unreasonable to start getting a little nervous about our lack of striker options. We’ve such an enormous season ahead and finishing (at least…) third again is going to be fundamental to cementing our place ahead of the Aberdeen’s and Hibs of this world. We need more depth and more quality in that area in particular. 5 more bodies wouldn’t be an unreasonable ask though- lots to do, and time slowly ticking away to do it.

big few weeks ahead for the recruitment team. 

TyphoonJambo

I'm thinking that realistically the best were looking at is Shankland as striker, Ronan attacking midfield and Joe Wright CB back up. Maybe a left of centre striker will come in, probably on loan,but it's looking, to me at least, like our strict adherence to our wage structure and determination to keep our budget under control will lose us a few targets.

Bit frustrating there’s no news still. 

Looking at the quality of players we know we just missed out on in the loan market, we can expect to be attempting to get quality in on loan. 

The likes of Banthwaite and Obefemi who appeared to be very close to signing show where the bar has been set. 

Whilst we’re never going to get folk who are actually starting for EPL clubs (eg Gordon, Palmer), the links to the likes of Parrot (no need to do the puns again lads) or similar are quite believable. 

whilst it would be great to have our starting line up for August all in for pre-season in the first week of July, our methodology seems to be to shoot for folk way out of our league and gradually work our way down until we get folk of a quality we would not normally get. 

This level of ambition, and this process in particular, will take time and patience. It’s also going to be a bit excruciating for us as fans because we’ll get linked to a bunch of quality that never arrive. However, Benni and Simms would not have been with us last season if we had not gone for this approach. 

I know it has been done to death, but we will be doing deals last minute as folk get released, told they’re surplus, get usurped or blocked by a new signing, etc, etc. This is when folk who would ordinarily be a level or two beyond us will see that their current clubs don’t need them and there is no better offer than us. 

We have likely done most of our shopping from clubs smaller than us. We will need to be patient as we try to shake a few loose from bigger clubs. I would think the EPL dream dies hard. We will need to pick our moments if we are looking at U23 players from the Prem.  Effectively, we are trying to buy things we couldn’t ordinarily afford so we have to wait for the sales to roll around and trust our eye to pick a few gems off the rack that have gone unrecognised by everyone else.

Yes, we will have less time to integrate them into the side, but the payoff should be a better technical player schooled in tactics at a high level in a top academy. The odds are stacked towards a smoother, faster integration. 

So it’s a waiting game. We as fans are effectively all-in blind emotionally. There’s two ways of riding it out. We can gnash an wail and freak out, or we can look our opponents the eye, smile and believe that when the cards are eventually turned over, we’re going to have the winning hand. 

As what we as fans do in pre-season makes no tangible difference, I’m going for the second option. It’s way more fun. 

PapaShango
5 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

Not time to panic but would be nice to see some serious activity soon. In some respects it’s comforting to know we’re not just pulling the trigger on any old diddy- anyone can sign players, but getting the right players of the right quality is the tricky bit. So far, Savage has shown himself to be very reliable and astute at this. 

In saying that, I don’t think it’s totally unreasonable to start getting a little nervous about our lack of striker options. We’ve such an enormous season ahead and finishing (at least…) third again is going to be fundamental to cementing our place ahead of the Aberdeen’s and Hibs of this world. We need more depth and more quality in that area in particular. 5 more bodies wouldn’t be an unreasonable ask though- lots to do, and time slowly ticking away to do it.

Agree is some respects, this season is probably the one season that could see us pull away from the rest if we do it properly and finish 3rd again. We definitely need a couple of strikers, however the club know this and will be working night and day to identify and get the right players in the door. The recruitment takes time when they are of higher quality I think, these players will have a few options to explore. I would rather wait than follow a scatter gun approach to sign players who look half decent on a you tube video and have some decent stats. We have fallen for that too many times previously. 

loveofthegame
2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Agree is some respects, this season is probably the one season that could see us pull away from the rest if we do it properly and finish 3rd again. We definitely need a couple of strikers, however the club know this and will be working night and day to identify and get the right players in the door. The recruitment takes time when they are of higher quality I think, these players will have a few options to explore. I would rather wait than follow a scatter gun approach to sign players who look half decent on a you tube video and have some decent stats. We have fallen for that too many times previously. 

I’d say we’re agreeing in all respects mate. You’re bang on that the higher quality of player you look at, the harder the deal is to do and I also totally agree that patience to find the right players is far better than a scattergun approach employed by us in the past and our rivals of late.

I just hope we’re not having the same conversation in 3 weeks time. 

PapaShango
4 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

I’d say we’re agreeing in all respects mate. You’re bang on that the higher quality of player you look at, the harder the deal is to do and I also totally agree that patience to find the right players is far better than a scattergun approach employed by us in the past and our rivals of late.

I just hope we’re not having the same conversation in 3 weeks time. 

Totally agree, would much rather get the players in now for some pre season training and be settled ahead of the season starting. 

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I'm thinking that realistically the best were looking at is Shankland as striker, Ronan attacking midfield and Joe Wright CB back up. Maybe a left of centre striker will come in, probably on loan,but it's looking, to me at least, like our strict adherence to our wage structure and determination to keep our budget under control will lose us a few targets.

That isn’t a bad thing at all. 

hmfc_liam06
19 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

I'd been told a week or so ago that there was nothing immediate in the pipeline and to expect nothing in the coming weeks. Although one of the ITK'ers disputed that by saying there was a CB incoming.

So.... 🤷‍♂️

Jambo 4 Ever
7 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'd been told a week or so ago that there was nothing immediate in the pipeline and to expect nothing in the coming weeks. Although one of the ITK'ers disputed that by saying there was a CB incoming.

So.... 🤷‍♂️

So could start the season with only Boyce as a recognised striker?!

9 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Pretty sure they’re selling Sterling to make a pathway for Palmer. Sadly, he’s way out of our reach. 

hmfc_liam06
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

So could start the season with only Boyce as a recognised striker?!

We might.

But then we might not.

Absolute Scenes
22 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

And that wouldn’t be terrible. Let’s remember that Hibs and Aberdeen have needed a complete overhaul from dross (like pre neilson hearts did each season) so these clubs HAD to get early targets at all costs. We have built a solid core and adding quality to certain parts of the pitch is going to improve us more. I think Grant and Forrest have been positive additions and getting Shankland in would be an upgrade on our current options (in that we have Boyce and Henderson only, Gino can play as back up striker if needed) 500k for Ronan, would be an upgrade on our midfield so again, these are silly fees to be squabbling over. I think the team know that a striker is there to score our goals. If they require a higher wage I’m sure they’ll understand 

johnking123

Would expect a couple of players in before beginning of season. We just want to look at a few youth players in squad before deciding what to bring in. Still expect striker in next couple of weeks.

Clark Griswold
8 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Just Kickback being bored with no real news and responding to a certain poster being daft again.

Now on the other hand I hear Osman Sow wants a return… (narrator voice: he has not heard that)

Thanks, thought that may be the case!

RustyRightPeg

This is tedious and frustrating. 

We started this window with shouts of expect quality along the lines of 05/06. 

Now we’re stalling on somewhat reasonable fees for players who could make a difference (not Simms). 

It was expect 5/6 before the window closes a couple of weeks ago and now we’re down to 1 or 2. 

Nobody has a dinky do what’s going on. 

Radio silence in the press makes it so much worse too. 

1 hour ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Joe Wright

Thank you ... I take it that this is the Joe Wright that people on here say is slower than Aaron Hughes.  Anyone know if he did ok playing as a centre back and was he really as slow as Hughes?

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, The Grim Reaper said:

😂

1 hour ago, wallace_mercer said:

Anthony Gordon - the first player on Everton’s team sheet ???!!

wtf

presumably a wind up 

Apologies lads, long day and posted this right before I went to bed. Was thinking of someone else. They have another young winger/attacking mid, blond-ish hair, 

Edit: Charlie Whittaker. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Clark Griswold
9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Now we’re stalling on somewhat reasonable fees for players who could make a difference (not Simms). 

It was expect 5/6 before the window closes a couple of weeks ago and now we’re down to 1 or 2. 

Suggest having a wee break from the hysteria that is this thread 

7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

This is where I am, reasonably happy with the business done so far although not the level we were led to believe we would be after. 

Let's just hope whoever we bring in is worth the wait.

Dundee United trying to sign Dylan Levitt and Jamie McGrath. Both had been mentioned on here as potential signings for us.

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Would expect a couple of players in before beginning of season. We just want to look at a few youth players in squad before deciding what to bring in. Still expect striker in next couple of weeks.

If we only sign a couple we are in deep shit. 

there is no way current squad can cope with the number of fixtures. 

if we don’t get the finger out this will be a huge missed opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Thank you ... I take it that this is the Joe Wright that people on here say is slower than Aaron Hughes.  Anyone know if he did ok playing as a centre back and was he really as slow as Hughes?

He wasn't really tested, took his goal well though. He's massive and looked decent in the air. Had 1 misplaced pass I can recall 

fast_blood
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

If we only sign a couple we are in deep shit. 

there is no way current squad can cope with the number of fixtures. 

if we don’t get the finger out this will be a huge missed opportunity. 

In fairness, the fella said bringing a couple in before the season starts. Not that we would be only bringing in 2 more players before the window closes. We all know, and Joe and Robbie know, that we need a fair few players in to cope with all the extra games. 

Leveins Battalion

We have a recruitment analyst,a head of recruitment and a Sporting Director.Chillax we will be signing plenty of players.🤣

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, fast_blood said:

In fairness, the fella said bringing a couple in before the season starts. Not that we would be only bringing in 2 more players before the window closes. We all know, and Joe and Robbie know, that we need a fair few players in to cope with all the extra games. 

ah fair enough. 

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Someone did aye. I told them it wasn't possible for another human being to be that slow. 

Was "only" East Fife so will reserve judgement until he's played in a bigger game but looks in good shape, is some size, and having scored last night he obviously gets in about it. 

Weird that we've had him training for so long and had him play as a trialist without signing him though. Something maybe not quite right?? 

10 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Dundee United trying to sign Dylan Levitt and Jamie McGrath. Both had been mentioned on here as potential signings for us.

Would take both. 

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Weird that we've had him training for so long and had him play as a trialist without signing him though. Something maybe not quite right?? 

Yeah, he's been injured all last season.

We'd agreed to sign him a year ago but he got injured at the end of his Doncaster contract. I'm sure we're just taking a good look at him to make sure he's up to speed

6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Someone did aye. I told them it wasn't possible for another human being to be that slow. 

Was "only" East Fife so will reserve judgement until he's played in a bigger game but looks in good shape, is some size, and having scored last night he obviously gets in about it. 

They must have reservations about his recovery. Clearly not to the extent we’ve walked away - we must have been very keen pre-injury. 

Guess we can’t wait forever or he’ll move on. He maybe wasn’t ready for Spain but they needed to see him get through a match situation. There’s fitness and match fitness, etc. 

Wonder if it is to do with seeing how he recovers over the next few days? Maybe wanted to wait til we were home and had him around our own medical team and facilities, etc?

Howdy Doody Jambo

A few quality player's is all we need not 6 or 7, we have a youth academy that is barely thought of on here and a good squad already 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***