• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

They didn’t seem that friendly when they faced each other, more stressful occasions I suppose. 
I heard Dross was doing work for the SFA, jobs for the boys. 

He was supervising A licence courses at the Oriam. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

He was supervising A licence courses at the Oriam. 

Yeah he was supposed to be doing a weeks course when the Aberdeen job came up and he was only there for a couple of days apparently. 
No wonder our national game is struggling. 

Bongo 1874

Have my doubts shankland will be a Hearts player, maybe a loan deal. 

Can see us moving onto other targets, squad is at 23 just now. 

Gms, Halliday, Stewart I think we could move on and get better. 

Heartsofgold
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We just gave Halliday a new deal!!!

I have no idea why he gets so much stick.  Yeah he's a rabid hun but on the footballing side, he's very good cover for 2/3 positions.

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Has anyone actually thought to ask Simms if he’s coming back 🤷‍♂️

Well tell us then have you?

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Heartsofgold said:

I have no idea why he gets so much stick.  Yeah he's a rabid hun but on the footballing side, he's very good cover for 2/3 positions.

Agreed. I'd keep Halliday but wouldn't cry if GMS and Gino moved on.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

There’s 115 comments on yesterdays post and they all look like these. 

F3989725-F816-471F-8BD2-DB4029E6E60A.jpeg

978F7B06-ABAB-4E40-A3CB-38510EBB7826.jpeg

BE96EF7F-7CB3-46A1-97E3-270C60FB20F8.jpeg

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Well tell us then have you?

I’m too old for all this Twitter and Insta etc, need some young team on the case

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

There’s 115 comments on yesterdays post and they all look like these. 

F3989725-F816-471F-8BD2-DB4029E6E60A.jpeg

978F7B06-ABAB-4E40-A3CB-38510EBB7826.jpeg

BE96EF7F-7CB3-46A1-97E3-270C60FB20F8.jpeg

Thats the spirit!! 

Bongo 1874
5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Just an opinion mate 👍 I think we could get a better player that is young and up coming. 

Also with cochrane coming back, and Kingsley were does he get a game? 

Midfield? I doubt it. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

You answered your own question, he never stops talking about another club that cheer him on and off the park when we play them. 
He’s a bang average players also, no matter what position he can play in. 

21 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

There was an Everton transfer page on Twitter posted something the other day. 

Was a list of players they want to sell and players they are looking to loan out. 

They just sold Richarlison for £60 million and according to their local newspapers are going to spread that money right across the team.

A young French Striker who is only 20, Harry Winks, Jesse Lingaard and a couple of Chelsea players is just for starters.

The are off to the USA for a pre -season so it will be interesting to see if Simms travels with them. 

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I’m too old for all this Twitter and Insta etc, need some young team on the case

Same here. 😍

Bongo 1874
5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Agreed. I'd keep Halliday but wouldn't cry if GMS and Gino moved on.

Think this is make or break season for gino, needs to score far more and assists big season for the lad. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Thats the spirit!! 

Without revisiting the North/South bushy tree debate but my feeling with the tidied up room and photo driving south maybe indicated he’s done with us. Hope I’m wrong, again 🤞

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

They just sold Richarlison for £60 million and according to their local newspapers are going to spread that money right across the team.

A young French Striker who is only 20, Harry Winks, Jesse Lingaard and a couple of Chelsea players is just for starters.

The are off to the USA for a pre -season so it will be interesting to see if Simms travels with them. 

That money will prevent them breaking the leagues financial rules - that's why he sold last week.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Think this is make or break season for gino, needs to score far more and assists big season for the lad. 

Both are our of contract so that will hopefully spur them on. 

10 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He won’t respond. 

The hillside photo is clearly taken through a crack in the boot of Savage’s car.

The one in the mirror is clearly a proof of life photo from Joe’s safe house. (the decor gives it away). Has been sent to the family to remind them of the need for secrecy until the deal’s announced.  If you look closely you’ll see a wee dot from Joe’s laser sight hovering over his chest somewhere. 

All anyone will get asking is an imposter giving it, “buzzing for preseason with the Toffees” or silence. 

33 minutes ago, Masonic said:

Ronan + Levitt would cost around 500k

Shankland another 500k

Simms on loan maybe 300k in wages

Kelly from motherwell another 400k

could all be got for basically nothing since we are getting the hickey money which we wouldnt have been expecting not to mention Final and Europe money and all the wages saved with players leaving

400k for Kelly is a waste of money. If we get Simms I would also be looking at other options than Shankland. Maybe a young centre forward like Hornby, who seems to be doing little in Reims right now and might be a good foil for Simms? We should definitely be looking at Levitt as well. 

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just an opinion mate 👍 I think we could get a better player that is young and up coming. 

Also with cochrane coming back, and Kingsley were does he get a game? 

Midfield? I doubt it. 

He's a back up, done alright in midfield last time out when mentioned players above were also on the parkAndy Halliday celebrates making it 3-1 during a cinch Premiership... News  Photo - Getty Images

Bongo 1874
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Both are our of contract so that will hopefully spur them on. 

I'm probably bias to gino with him being the young player of the two. 

I think gino has some good traits very dangerous player when direct and going at players. 

We don't see it enough from him though, hope he can kick on this season 👍 has pace to burn and needs to work a lot harder, when the team doesn't have the ball quite a few do though, so he is not alone 

In that department. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Bongo 1874
4 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

He's a back up, done alright in midfield last time out when mentioned players above were also on the parkAndy Halliday celebrates making it 3-1 during a cinch Premiership... News  Photo - Getty Images

I know just think we can get a young player that can do his role, does he get a game in front of Devlin, Beni, Haring, Grant, Ronan, Mceneff, I seriously have my doubts, just an opinion though he isn't a bad player 👍

Just thinking about trimming down the age of squad, and improving it at the same time. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

I am not Hallidays biggest fan but I had to eat my words after his performances in the final few weeks of last season and I am fine with that …………… I think others need to do the same now and just give him credit where it is due

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Sooks said:

I am not Hallidays biggest fan but I had to eat my words after his performances in the final few weeks of last season and I am fine with that …………… I think others need to do the same now and just give him credit where it is due

A 6/10 every week, with the occasional goal. 

Will never moan about being played out of position, in fact will relish it. 

Takes being dropped as a sign to work harder and get back in. 

Managers dream if I’m honest. 

Folk seem to get distracted with his media antics because he’s a bit more honest and open about football than your standard robotic on the fence pundits. 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Agreed. 

Covers two positions, adds some leadership and a bit of dig when required. Can play a bit when the top boys are injured or knackered or off form. Loves getting it right up the Hibees. 

Definitely a role for him. 

Bongo 1874

Can I just say I have no problem with Halliday and understand his role within the team. 

I'm thinking about the age of the team and can we improve it, I have the mindset of never getting comfortable that's how we improve. 

He's not a bad player. 

Heartsofgold

With the Simms debate, I have a bad feeling he sees his time with us as over and ‘in the rear view mirror’ hence the emoji. 

I would love to be proved wrong though. 

Edited by Heartsofgold

Gino could be a massive asset for us in Europe, he has that unpredictability and seems to relish the big occasions, this season will be an absolute squad effort would be silly to let pace leave our front options. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Can I just say I have no problem with Halliday and understand his role within the team. 

I'm thinking about the age of the team and can we improve it, I have the mindset of never getting comfortable that's how we improve. 

He's not a bad player. 

I think the situation you are talking about is the best argument for a proper reserve league because that way you get to see when Conor Smith or McGill are ready to come in to the first team in place of Halliday ………… if you see them week in and week out in the same team then you see the point where one of them overtakes Halliday in terms of what they could do in the first team

I quite like Halliday, he brings experience, he's reliable, gives his all and seems to genuinely love playing for us. A good squad player to have. 

Hearts of Vladland
4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

With the Simms debate, I have a bad feeling he sees his time with us as over and ‘in the rear view mirror’ hence the emoji. 

I think the mirror emoji is purely because he has taken a picture in the mirror in the first photo.

2 minutes ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

I think the mirror emoji is purely because he has taken a picture in the mirror in the first photo.

Would be odd thing to add 7 hours after the pic if that was the case, no?

Byyy The Light
16 minutes ago, CMc said:

Agreed. 

Covers two positions, adds some leadership and a bit of dig when required. Can play a bit when the top boys are injured or knackered or off form. Loves getting it right up the Hibees. 

Definitely a role for him. 

Great player to have in the squad. People need to get off his back. Really like him.

The fact he gets it right up the Hibees is an added bonus. They despise him.

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I'm probably bias to gino with him being the young player of the two. 

I think gino has some good traits very dangerous player when direct and going at players. 

We don't see it enough from him though, hope he can kick on this season 👍 has pace to burn and needs to work a lot harder, when the team doesn't have the ball quite a few do though, so he is not alone 

In that department. 

Agreed, he’s quite inconsistent and needs a fair bit of coaching. 

Mr Elwood P
47 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We'll be doing well to upgrade on Halliday. Solid Premiership player in 2 different positions. Wins Edinburgh Derbies ...

45 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

All players could be moved on for better. 

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

All players could be moved on for better. 

Gordon, Kingsley and McKay would require huge transfer fees to upgrade ...

JamboAndrew
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If he could consistently do the good stuff we occasionally see, he would be worth a bit. But he is with us as he can't deliver consistently. If we can get this changed, he's a game winner.

Hearts of Vladland
4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If a winger is consistent he plays at a top level. It’s the most common flaw with them outside crossing. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, JamboAndrew said:

If he could consistently do the good stuff we occasionally see, he would be worth a bit. But he is with us as he can't deliver consistently. If we can get this changed, he's a game winner.

Definitely, he probably needs a good run of games but it’s not easy to do that.
His career so far had been one of unfulfilled promise, worth a new contract I reckon.

I think he will be back up to Forrest this season though. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

If a winger is consistent he plays at a top level. It’s the most common flaw with them outside crossing. 

Yes he is the archetypal winger, and its not always their fault, they rely on the team to get them the ball in the right areas at the right times. 
He’s done ok up front away from home where his pace can cause problems. 
Quite raw and I think we could use him a bit like Hibs did with Boyle, hope he has a great season and gets a new deal. 

50 minutes ago, CMc said:

He won’t respond. 

The hillside photo is clearly taken through a crack in the boot of Savage’s car.

The one in the mirror is clearly a proof of life photo from Joe’s safe house. (the decor gives it away). Has been sent to the family to remind them of the need for secrecy until the deal’s announced.  If you look closely you’ll see a wee dot from Joe’s laser sight hovering over his chest somewhere. 

All anyone will get asking is an imposter giving it, “buzzing for preseason with the Toffees” or silence. 

😂 No end to Joes talents. 

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

😂 No end to Joes talents. 

Let’s be real, Joe Savage is never his birth name. 

Had to do something to get that nickname. 

5 hours ago, CMc said:

Word on here at the time was it had more to do with his relationship with a different member of the backroom team. 

Yes!

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***