*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Remind me how many simms scored before signing for us or even Rudi?

Rudi wasn't a striker, so that's a pointless question. Ellis Simms scored 8 in 21 for Blackpool in a division higher than AFC Wimbledon.

Next.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

put him on ignore. Hibs as **** and for some god only know reason the mods haven’t punted him yet

This

Morgaro Gomis
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Remind me how many simms scored before signing for us or even Rudi?

Simms: 8 goals in 21 games.

Skacel: 23 goals 130 games (all being at a far higher level than league 1, and also with him not being a striker).

Not sure what your point is, but happy to help. 

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, The Hogfather said:

Rudi wasn't a striker, so that's a pointless question. Ellis Simms scored 8 in 21 for Blackpool in a division higher than AFC Wimbledon.

Next.

Uche?

7 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Uche?

Uche was a great comic turn. But absolutely hopeless as a team player.

I get the impression Ashgar is desperate to "beat us to Shankland" as some sort of revenge for his Neilson cock up. Probably even if it means paying over the odds. 

I do hope we get Shankland. He feels like a good fit. Has got a great understanding with Forrest from their Ayr days and Robbie can get the best out of him. The sum of the parts and all that...

Simms though is the absolute must if humanly possible.

i wish jj was my dad
49 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

no it isn’t a contest, but you can imagine them complimenting each other quite well if played together. 

we can dream

I agree. Fwiw, I think Boyce would start more often than shankland but what a trio of options. I would have given my right bollock to have been able to chuck Shankland on in the later stages at Hampden. 

8 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

I get the impression Ashgar is desperate to "beat us to Shankland" as some sort of revenge for his Neilson cock up. Probably even if it means paying over the odds. 

I do hope we get Shankland. He feels like a good fit. Has got a great understanding with Forrest from their Ayr days and Robbie can get the best out of him. The sum of the parts and all that...

Simms though is the absolute must if humanly possible.

Well we did save a pretty penny on Neilson, so I guess we can put that to any deal! 😂

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

no it isn’t a contest, but you can imagine them complimenting each other quite well if played together. 

we can dream

Simms vs Shankland . Of course it’s not a contest, but we need two strikers IMO. Blow a big hole in the budget on Simms and it may be that we can’t afford a decent back up (which Shankland would be)

Maybe that’s why we’re being a bit cautious and maybe a bit tight. It’s not a bottomless pit of money and we’ve already spent a chunk on 3 players with the possibility of a tribunal payment for a 4th

The other thing about Shankland is, he starts at UTD. He doesn’t necessarily start at Hearts. This is a guy trying to get back into the Scotland set up so he needs profile to do that

Edited by JimmyCant

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

we can dream

I can't see them both playing together with the formations Robbie usually goes with. 

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Simms vs Shankland . Of course it’s not a contest, but we need two strikers IMO. Blow a big hole in the budget on Simms and it may be that we can’t afford a decent back up (which Shankland would be)

Maybe that’s why we’re being a bit cautious and maybe a bit tight. It’s not a bottomless pit of money and we’ve already spent a chunk on 3 players with the possibility of a tribunal payment for a 4th

The other thing about Shankland is, he starts at UTD. He doesn’t necessarily start at Hearts. This is a guy trying to get back into the Scotland set up so he needs profile to do that

Shankland starts for us if he signs IMO. 

He’s still getting a hard time on here which for me isn’t warranted. 

He’d pleasantly surprise a lot of folk (except those who can’t swallow their pride)

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

He’d pleasantly surprise a lot of folk (except those who can’t swallow their pride)

Assuming we’re keeping the same dual system and also assuming we get Simms, where does Shankland start ?

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Aye, we dont spend the money required to not have him in the team.  Simms won't be coming back.  Think it's time for people to get their head around this,  He will be back up at Everton or go to a West Brom. 

52 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How about Aaron pressley?

Are you his agent? Lost count the amount of times you’ve metioned him on here.

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Aye, we dont spend the money required to not have him in the team.  Simms won't be coming back.  Think it's time for people to get their head around this,  He will be back up at Everton or go to a West Brom. 

So Shankland would be the main striker ahead of 1 or 2 back ups ?

To me that makes us weaker in that area than we were last season, if that was possible !

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Assuming we’re keeping the same dual system and also assuming we get Simms, where does Shankland start ?

We can still play the 3/5 at the back, but instead of utilising McKay or Grant off the sides I’d put them behind two strikers. 

more of a 5-3-2 shape. With that of course you’d need supply from wingbacks which can be worked on in pre season. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

To me that makes us weaker in that area than we were last season, if that was possible !

Have you ever actually watched him play in great depth?

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

We can still play the 3/5 at the back, but instead of utilising McKay or Grant off the sides I’d put them behind two strikers. 

more of a 5-3-2 shape. With that of course you’d need supply from wingbacks which can be worked on in pre season. 

Hasn’t RN already said quite clearly that we’re keeping the dual system we played last season ? Our signings so far indicate that’s the case IMO ?

7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Have you ever actually watched him play in great depth?

Oh here we go with your professional scout bullshit again

Of course I’ve watched him. I like him and I think we should sign him, but IMO and I’m not alone here, he’s nowhere near as good as Simms, especially when you look at Simms age and his growth potential. So if we sign Shankland as a starter, and we walk away from Simms, we’re looking weaker as far as goals is concerned IMO

Edited by JimmyCant

20 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Oh here we go with your professional scout bullshit again

Of course I’ve watched him. I like him and I think we should sign him, but IMO and I’m not alone here, he’s nowhere near as good as Simms, especially when you look at Simms age and his growth potential. So if we sign Shankland as a starter, and we walk away from Simms, we’re looking weaker as far as goals is concerned IMO

I don't agree with you much but you're spot on here.

bringonthesevco
21 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

If we play 5-3-2 

front 2 of say Simms and Shankland 

who are the 3 in midfield

beni

devlin

haring

Grant

mckay

forrest 

Despite Robbie saying we’re sticking with 3/5 at the back I think the new signings are leaning towards a 4-2-3-1

atkinson Halkett rowles kingsley

Beni (Haring) Devlin

McKay Grant Forest

simms or Shankland or someone else 

8 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

If we play 5-3-2 

front 2 of say Simms and Shankland 

who are the 3 in midfield

beni

devlin

haring

Grant

mckay

forrest 

Despite Robbie saying we’re sticking with 3/5 at the back I think the new signings are leaning towards a 4-2-3-1

atkinson Halkett rowles kingsley

Beni (Haring) Devlin

McKay Grant Forest

simms or Shankland or someone else 

We’ll switch between 3-4-3 and 4-2-3-1. sometimes we’ll even switch during a game. That’s what we did last season. The core of the team who were comfortable and successful with that dual system are still here. That’s what RN says we’ll do this season. Of course sometimes during a game we’ll switch and play 2 up but I don’t believe we’ll start that way unless we suddenly sign a big target man and a wee quick guy to play off him, neither of which we currently have and it’s old hat anyway

Edited by JimmyCant

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, SuperPippo said:

My guess is he wanted to post something cryptic that he’s heading to us.

However he’s only got an old photo (taken when the tree had no leaves) of him heading south.

by adding the mirror emoji, this is him implying he is doing the opposite of the photo ie plans to head north not south.

I like your thinking! 

I mean, I suspect you're totally wrong, but I like it anyway! 

Armageddon

A really random post from Simms if he’s not coming back.  I don’t think he’d have been here clearing a flat, he’d have packed up and gone and then posts an old photo from the drive back down with a mirror emoji 🤔🤔🤔

That tells me he’s coming back.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed, but I don’t think Dross and Neilson are that friendly tbh. 

I'm pretty sure that is true. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I don’t understand why the **** people don’t or can’t accept we’ll be playing 3-4-3 and 4-2-3-1 as Robbie has confirmed.

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Jim Goodwin targets 3rd. I hope he doesn't get it 

I'd be delighted if he gets it...

...as long as we're still above them!

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Uche?

At what point do you start getting bored of this sort of nonsense? It's been years of inane drivel, and when you back yourself into a corner you just ignore everything and pick a new angle. 

The ignore list should be opt out at this point. 

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

Are you his agent? Lost count the amount of times you’ve metioned him on here.

Being an agent suggests some level of responsibility and ability. 

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

What I would say is if we lose Shankland to Utd and don’t end up with Simms it could be a critical mistake. For the sake of a couple of hundred grand, when we will be taking in millions it isn’t what I wanna see tbh. 

Could be wrong, we could sign another striker mind you. 

If we "lose" Shankland to Utd, it'll be either because we weren't actually all that fussed about getting him anyway and have far higher priority targets, or because he'd really much rather go back to them than come to us for reasons that will forever seem unfathomable to all of us!

jamboinglasgow
13 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

A really random post from Simms if he’s not coming back.  I don’t think he’d have been here clearing a flat, he’d have packed up and gone and then posts an old photo from the drive back down with a mirror emoji 🤔🤔🤔

That tells me he’s coming back.

Is a random one. it could be that he is clearing it out before leaving as the flat returned so it can be fully cleaned before Rowles takes it (pretty sure he and Atkinson are in training from Thursday and would make sense that if Hearts use the same flats for new signings that Rowles gets that one.) It could be a weird tease that he is coming back with the only photo he has of driving on the road between Liverpool and Edinburgh.

Of course, we could all be looking too much into it, and he just posting two photos he had on his phone he quite liked. 

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

We areny going to spend about £4, 500,000 on a player to kick about on the bench.  He signs he plays and it will be the pitch from Robbie to get him here. 

The Future's Maroon
4 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

This makes the most sense. 

Unless of course he's driving to his new digs in Penicuik. Maybe bought Souttars old flat off him.

At this time of year, it would be snowing in Penicuik 😂

Geoff Kilpatrick

If we do sign Shankland and he turns out to be John Sutton MkII, the number of posters who are balls deep on him will have some serious egg on their face.

3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

If we "lose" Shankland to Utd, it'll be either because we weren't actually all that fussed about getting him anyway and have far higher priority targets, or because he'd really much rather go back to them than come to us for reasons that will forever seem unfathomable to all of us!

I’m fairly sure Robbies last comment on Shankland was ‘There’s nothing, we haven’t asked’

Of course he could be blowing smoke again as he has done before but I like to think if Shankland was a top target we’d simply pay the money and get him.

Hopefully we are in a strong position to persuade Everton/Simms to return to HMFC.

Rangers could afford to buy Simms which could be a game changer.

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, suds66 said:

1727992609_2022-07-0400-25-59.thumb.png.892175e17518044a1c6a4629d1ebfa93.png

Normally I would be iffy about this, but naw, get the cash out Hearts…this is the time to make a statement, feck these zombie rats

5 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We areny going to spend about £4, 500,000 on a player to kick about on the bench.  He signs he plays and it will be the pitch from Robbie to get him here. 

Which is probably why we’re shirking away from diving in for him. He’s a massive gamble if he’s your go to starting striker.

3 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Normally I would be iffy about this, but naw, get the cash out Hearts…this is the time to make a statement, feck these zombie rats

£1 million plus and a 5 figure wage for a statement ? Nah we’re not doing that.

This whole scenario has got ‘signing a previously unmentioned but very decent striker out of the blue’ written all over it

RN and Savage are probably very happy with the Shankland smokescreen being perpetuated here.

Edited by JimmyCant

35 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t understand why the **** people don’t or can’t accept we’ll be playing 3-4-3 and 4-2-3-1 as Robbie has confirmed.

😄

Totally I think some people just like the attention on here 

FarmerTweedy
30 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m fairly sure Robbies last comment on Shankland was ‘There’s nothing, we haven’t asked’

Of course he could be blowing smoke again as he has done before but I like to think if Shankland was a top target we’d simply pay the money and get him.

It'd depend how much Beerschot are demanding. If they're looking for the full million they paid, or close to it, we probably wouldn't pay that even if he was our number one target by a mile.  If they're looking for about half that, or less, and we're still not paying it, we clearly see him as an option as a squad player rather than a top target, as you say.  In that case, we'll have other options in mind that we'll be pursuing instead of paying what we think is over the odds for Shankland! 

FarmerTweedy
6 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Sevco are in mega debt 20/21. They won’t be buying Ellis. That’s just to wind us up. Tock tock till they go tits up again.  

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11788/12460582/rangers-reveal-operating-loss-of-23-5m-for-last-season-in-latest-accounts

Sevco have had loads of cash pumped in by a few rich fans.  They're not going tits up any time soon, sadly, and if they decide they want Simms, they'll be able to outbid us easily, whether that be for a permanent transfer or in terms of paying a higher percentage of his Everton wages in a loan deal.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in fantasy land. 

FWIW, I doubt they're interested and suspect it's just a clickbait story.

Edited by FarmerTweedy

Aussie Jambo
12 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Sevco have had loads of cash pumped in by a few rich fans.  They're not going tits up any time soon, sadly, and if they decide they want Simms, they'll be able to outbid us easily, whether that be for a permanent transfer or in terms of paying a higher percentage of his Everton wages in a loan deal.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in fantasy land. 

FWIW, I doubt they're interested and suspect it's just a clickbait story.

Yeh well past history does say that isn’t the case. “You let your team die”? 

But I’m with you on click bait just like that Boyce is leaving for Aberdeen. 🤤 

I’m hopeful that Simms may come back. But most likely another loan deal again if  anything. I honestly hate the arse cheeks. Killing our game for 30 years

Edited by Aussie Jambo

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***