• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Rick Sanchez

He's been away abroad until very recently. You'd have thought he'd have cleared up already.

Oh well :sad:

Tasavallan
13 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

FFS if you are driving south on that road from Edinburgh the Pentlands are behind you ! Forget right and left because that road twists and sometimes the hills will be slightly to the right of your vision.

He is undoubtedly heading to Edinburgh in that image, if it’s him. He might simply be collecting his stuff, or it might be an old image from the first time he came (but then why post an image now)

Cleary you never did geography.  Go look at any OS map.  The Pentland Hills are always west of the A702.  To be on your right side when driving on it then they are to your right.  

I have walked the Pentlands may times  and you have to travel south east to find the road at Carlops/Flotterston/Silverburn.

ps no need to swear.

Fitzroy Pointon
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

He's been away abroad until very recently. You'd have thought he'd have cleared up already.

Oh well :sad:

Landlord phoned and told him to get his shite packed up or he's losing his deposit. 

The Tackle

:lol: folk getting a bit animated about whether it’s north or south he’s heading 

Mark_Mywords
17 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

One again. A702, Southbound, Pentlands to the right of and infront of you. 

I don't know why you're so adamant about this.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/89apazrgqBhuSqgr6

You are indeed correct, but I am the bearer of bad news...

The photo was taken in the Autumn or Winter as the tree to the right is bare!!!  No leaves at all.

image.thumb.png.2b70dfcefc5469ef86e1819aa4fcab18.png

Here is a picture of the same tree taken last June ...

image.thumb.png.6f931c5b735d37c791d612070857a991.png

It's an old photo taken by Simms!!!  :lol: 

Edited by Mark_Mywords

Tasavallan
10 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Quite a few people have already provided near enough the exact location of the photo on Google Maps. It is 100% southwest-bound.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/e5gJamy4WNH1kZwq6

image.thumb.png.5117d0f6158afec3a6a3ddbbf9baafcf.png

Thank you kindly, although some will still argue the toss.

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Need to get that 2nd picture onto the Where is this thread.

I think it’s been taken a good while back, look at the lack of foliage on tree by the roadside 🤓

Lone Striker

Regardless of whether he's travelling N or S .....why would Ellis (or his passenger) post a pic from his moving car just south of Edinburgh  anyway ?     Has he got form for leading  fans on a merry guessing game ?    Maybe he's just winding up the Hobos into thinking he's not coming to Hearts  ?   

Stay tuned for his next photo maybe - hopefully a maroon  scarf above his impressive hair-do !!    

Just now, bilbo said:

I think it’s been taken a good while back, look at the lack of foliage on tree by the roadside 🤓

Oops! I was answering a post from page 307 and have just noticed my detective work had already mentioned 😳

Leveins Battalion

Wow after reading all that all we had to do was look at the tree with no leaves on it 🤣🤣🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

:lol: folk getting a bit animated about whether it’s north or south he’s heading 

What transfer threads should be about imo.

9 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Regardless of whether he's travelling N or S .....why would Ellis (or his passenger) post a pic from his moving car just south of Edinburgh  anyway ?     Has he got form for leading  fans on a merry guessing game ?    Maybe he's just winding up the Hobos into thinking he's not coming to Hearts  ?   

Stay tuned for his next photo maybe - hopefully a maroon  scarf above his impressive hair-do !!    

Looks like he has deleted the driving one now

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Looks like he has deleted the driving one now

Nope still on his post. Strange picture to post, a winter photo heading either into or out of Edinburgh…

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

This. A very strange thing to post. If he wanted to post a driving pic, I’m sure he’d have loads of better routes and brighter days than this exact photo. 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, kila said:

We need a photo of that tree in July to know if it retains its leaves.

Someone had already further up. It’s definitely an old photo

Hungry hippo
14 minutes ago, Mark_Mywords said:

The photo was taken in the Autumn or Winter as the tree to the right is bare!!!  No leaves at all.

Loving it. Good work. 

Although I suppose the tree could be diseased now but your theory seems very strong.

Holyrood_Hearts
17 minutes ago, Mark_Mywords said:

Haha 😂 

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Nope still on his post. Strange picture to post, a winter photo heading either into or out of Edinburgh…

Sorry he’s only showing the mirror picture on his story but still on the actual post 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Sorry he’s only showing the mirror picture on his story but still on the actual post 

He’s just quoted his post to his story, which is why only the mirror picture shows up on the story. Either way he’s coming home 

Mark_Mywords
3 minutes ago, kila said:

We need a photo of that tree in July to know if it retains its leaves.

😛 

July 2008...

image.png.f51a093581edffc1a2829ac7602b6bdc.png

The most recent, May 2022, and still going strong ...

image.png.6232367518fe541a9a8a4282b0e4a069.png

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

He’s just quoted his post to his story, which is why only the mirror picture shows up on the story. Either way he’s coming home 

🙏 

An old picture of him travelling to Edinburgh  the first time round when he signed on loan 🤷

With a mirror symbol 

Chillidigits
1 hour ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Even if he is heading south at least he was in Edinburgh could be that he was there for talks

Or dropping granny of in Edinburgh, back down the road for a last night out with the boys then back the next day to shelter beneath a maroon scarf.

Tasavallan
10 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Someone had already further up. It’s definitely an old photo

Yep.  I note that In one of the pics posted we see daffodils, or Easter lilies as they are sometimes called.  Old photo. 

WHAT CAN THE MIRROR SYMBOL MEAN?

Probably that the post features a picture of him looking in the mirror, guys.

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

So ellis has posted an old photo.  From when he signed for us back in jan 

Quite simple really, he posted an old image becuase he doesn't have another, more current one to cryptically tell everyone he is coming home to Hearts.

What the elite detectives on here should be focusing on is where is that hotel room he is staying in?

Edited by brux

Tasavallan
7 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

An old picture of him travelling to Edinburgh  the first time round when he signed on loan 🤷

With a mirror symbol 

It is not a mirror image.  If so, he's driving a left-side drive car on the right side of road.

Mind you, that is not Simms' hand on the steering wheel.  

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, brux said:

Quite simple really, he posted an old image becuase he doesn't have another, more current one to cryptically tell everyone he is coming home to Hearts.

What the elite detectives on here should be focusing on is where is that hotel room he is staying in?

I agree.. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Btw since that photo has been put up, hearts Instagram account has unfollowed Simms.

🥶

KyleLafferty
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

🥶

Im almost certain they have cause when I was on it earlier it was in the mutal followers and now it isn’t there.

10 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

WHAT CAN THE MIRROR SYMBOL MEAN?

Probably that the post features a picture of him looking in the mirror, guys.

Reflecting on his time at Hearts, perhaps. 

I have to say I'm disappointed we didn't get to use Anneka Rice on the Simms search 😔 

4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Btw since that photo has been put up, hearts Instagram account has unfollowed Simms.

I thought they did that last season when the season ended, they don't tend to follow players not at hearts 

Tasavallan
4 minutes ago, brux said:

What a strange and uninteresting photo to post of nothingness on the A702, taken sometime in spring 2022.

Passed the time on a particularly boring Sunday.  Cricket of tennis????

KyleLafferty
Just now, brux said:

I thought they did that last season when the season ended, they don't tend to follow players not at hearts 

It was 100% just done today.

Having reviewed Google street maps of almost the entire A702 and eventually finding the exact location of the image, I accept that the vehicle was travelling south. Apologies for being arsey.

Anyhoo it now appears it’s a picture taken in winter

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

It was 100% just done today.

But there is not one player who we had last season but not this season followed, why would Simms be different from the way they usually do it?

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

They key to me to finding it from that picture is the twin peaked hill in the distance. Seems pretty distinctive, and there is a hill to his right. The scenery does seem more Scottish than English hills. 

The key is to find someone with nothing better to do than sit and follow Google Street View all the way along the route until they find it. And if they don't, then do the same with other roads until they do! 😃

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***