• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Jim Goodwin targets 3rd. I hope he doesn't get it 

Unless he’s getting the Hearts job 😏

29 minutes ago, SuperPippo said:

My guess is he wanted to post something cryptic that he’s heading to us.

However he’s only got an old photo (taken when the tree had no leaves) of him heading south.

by adding the mirror emoji, this is him implying he is doing the opposite of the photo ie plans to head north not south.

Lateral thinking there.🤔

I like it 👍😁

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

have they signed enough players to close a 20 off point gap? Whilst losing their best player? 

3 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Levitt available for £300k apparently. Not sure if posted.

We should do it. Younger than Ronan and held his own really well at Utd. 

Cheaper too. 

Edited by OTT

RustyRightPeg

What I would say is if we lose Shankland to Utd and don’t end up with Simms it could be a critical mistake. For the sake of a couple of hundred grand, when we will be taking in millions it isn’t what I wanna see tbh. 

Could be wrong, we could sign another striker mind you. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, OTT said:

Do it. Younger than Ronan and held his own really well at Utd. 

different players different positions

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

have they signed enough players to close a 20 off point gap? Whilst losing their best player? 

Probably not but I expect at least 4 other managers to publicly say they are targeting 3rd

9 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

It's "screenshot from a WhatsApp group" time.

You do have to wonder if Shankland would want to go back to United though especially after he was fannying around in such a defensive set up last time 

7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

What I would say is if we lose Shankland to Utd and don’t end up with Simms it could be a critical mistake. For the sake of a couple of hundred grand, when we will be taking in millions it isn’t what I wanna see tbh. 

Shankland and Simms are the quality we require IMO. If we don’t get either of those we’ll need similar or better and it might cost us more 

Shankland must have rocks in his head if he picks Utd ahead of us. Personally I don’t believe the story but we probably need to move quick and pay the asking price if we’re set on getting him

Heres the thing. How would they or anyone know Hearts had offered more of a wage ? Nah. Not having it.

Edited by JimmyCant

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I’d be surprised if Shankland would want to go back there instead of us. I realise we need to have an offer accepted but for me it’s just a matter of time.

Beerschot can say all they want but I reckon they want to move him on. He clearly doesn’t want to be there and eventually if he wants to come here it’ll happen.

If it was even hibs or the sheep it’s at least in the same ballpark but United are a clear step down from us. 

jambopilms

Would be raging if we lose any targets to Utd especially a striker.

That said if Utd waved the rest of the fee they are due, that's an easy deal for both clubs. we would need to match that.

Edited by jambopilms

Batistuta87

Gutted if we don't get at least one of Simms / Ronan / Shankland tbh. Especially if they sign for other teams in the league.

Edited by Batistuta87

RustyRightPeg
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Shankland and Simms are the quality we require IMO. If we don’t get either of those we’ll need similar or better and it might cost us more 

Shankland must have rocks in his head if he picks Utd ahead of us. Personally I don’t believe the story but we probably need to move quick and pay the asking price if we’re set on getting him

we’re evidently set on him (Shankland) they wouldn’t talk in the press otherwise, considering the leak philosophy of Savage. 

8 minutes ago, OTT said:

We should do it. Younger than Ronan and held his own really well at Utd. 

Cheaper too. 

Agreed

LarrysRightFoot

I know this sounds big headed but if Shankland goes back to United IMO it means we don’t want him.  

Also if Ronan goes to Aberdeen it’s because they are willing to pay the transfer fee and we only want a loan in the first instance.

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

Rick Sanchez

It would actually make sense for Beerschot to turn down our offers IF THE ABOVE WERE TRUE.

You could actually spunk that Hickey cash on Levitt, Ronan and Simms. 3 very sellable assets.

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Would be raging if we lose any targets to Utd especially a striker.

That said if Utd waved the rest of the fee they are due, that's an easy deal for both clubs. we would need to match that.

Not if Shankland does not want to move there because other wise that would be people trafficking 

Absolute Scenes
15 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Exactly this. I’m all for hearts being lucrative with their signings policy, but we are in a good position and need strikers so if Beerschot want that figure just cough it up hearts.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It would actually make sense for Beerschot to turn down our offers IF THE ABOVE WERE TRUE.

You could actually spunk that Hickey cash on Levitt, Ronan and Simms. 3 very sellable assets.

Agreed. Although if true, and we do pay the £500k for Shankland sounds like the funds would be diverted straight to Utd's coffers anyway!

Chillidigits
47 minutes ago, SuperPippo said:

However he’s only got an old photo (taken when the tree had no leaves) of him heading south.

by adding the mirror emoji, this is him implying he is doing the opposite of the photo ie plans to head north not south.

That tree is now famous. It should be uprooted and replanted in McLeod Street

23 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The day I worry about a team led by Jim Goodwin, I think I'll just stop going.

He's achieved **** all.

LarrysRightFoot

See the Simms stuff - is this him reposting the pics he sent when he came up here on loan originally? 

The idea United are going to waive half a million seems fanciful to me. That money will be budgeted for so it's effectively the same as them paying £500k.

13 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Gutted if we don't get at least one of Simms / Ronan / Shankland tbh. Especially if they sign for other teams in the league.

We'll make a few more signings yet, i'm no worried. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

See the Simms stuff - is this him reposting the pics he sent when he came up here on loan originally? 

yes

Sub4TiddlerMurray
10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Not if Shankland does not want to move there because other wise that would be people trafficking 

😄

5 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Agreed. Although if true, and we do pay the £500k for Shankland sounds like the funds would be diverted straight to Utd's coffers anyway!

Maybe Beershit are trying to ring another £200k out of us, or have a big sell on clause (which is fine by us because he wouldn’t be going anywhere unless he really turns the tap on for 2 years straight)

As long as Shankland has indicated he wants to go to Hearts and has no interest in returning to United then they could have an offer of five million agreed and it would not make any difference 

10 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Yes but......  Say we pay £500k to Beerschott, they give it straight to Utd (?) so Beerschott get zilch. Or... he goes to Utd and the £500k Beerschott are owed gets waived - so again they get zilch and Shankland gets paid slightly less. Have I missed something or does that not make sense? Beerschott no better off, Shankland gets paid less and less of a guarantee of extended European football?

Edited by Daktari
Spelling

44 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

Rumour flying about that he has signed for the LA Lakers. No idea where this has come from. 

Probably Route 66 just west of Sacramento.

Bunny Munro
1 hour ago, SuperPippo said:

This makes the most sense. 

Unless of course he's driving to his new digs in Penicuik. Maybe bought Souttars old flat off him.

Just now, stuart500 said:

Probably Route 66 just west of Sacramento.

Nah, on Route 66 west of Sacramento the hills would be on the left......:peepwall:

17 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I know this sounds big headed but if Shankland goes back to United IMO it means we don’t want him.  

Also if Ronan goes to Aberdeen it’s because they are willing to pay the transfer fee and we only want a loan in the first instance.

I agree with the first point but not too sure about the second point. I think we’re a much better choice but you can’t ignore the relationship with Goodwin. 

5 minutes ago, Daktari said:

Yes but......  Say we pay £500k to Beerschott, they give it straight to Utd (?) so Beerschott get zilch. Or... he goes to Utd and the £500k Beerschott are owed gets waived - so again they get zilch and Shankland gets paid slightly less. Have I missed something or does that not make sense? Beerschott no better off, Shankland gets paid less and less of a guarantee of extended European football?

I'm hypothesising here but Beerschot wouldn't owe Utd £500k then, and wouldn't have to pay Shanklands's wages in that scenario. Cutting their losses basically.

Having been relegated is very costly, so that could be seen as a win for them!

Edited by Special Agent Dale Cooper

1 minute ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I'm hypothesising here but Beerschot wouldn't owe Utd £500k then, and wouldn't have to pay Shanklands's wages in that scenario. Cutting their losses basically.

Having been relegated is very costly, so that could be seen as a win for them!

Yes but either way they wouldn't owe Utd the £500k - all that would change is how  they got it - either from us to Utd via Beerschott or by writing it off if he goes to Utd? And either way they save his wages?

Just now, Daktari said:

Yes but either way they wouldn't owe Utd the £500k - all that would change is how  they got it - either from us to Utd via Beerschott or by writing it off if he goes to Utd? And either way they save his wages?

Agreed.

But I don't see us being willing to offer the full £500k for Shankland, so he would by default have to choose Utd or stay put.

Just now, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Agreed.

But I don't see us being willing to offer the full £500k for Shankland, so he would by default have to choose Utd or stay put.

Ah fair point - I was over simplifying but not thinking about any negotiation around the fee. 👍

Movement this week, we are in a position where we don’t need to and won’t be held to ransom for mental fees. Savage is doing his magic, a little more patience for the reward 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Agreed.

Not necessarily. If he doesn’t want to go to Utd he doesn’t need to. 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Jamboj1 said:

Movement this week, we are in a position where we don’t need to and won’t be held to ransom for mental fees. Savage is doing his magic, a little more patience for the reward 

Any elaboration on what kind of movement, striker etc?

Anything  in the Simms social media stuff too?

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not necessarily. If he doesn’t want to go to Utd he doesn’t need to. 

Yup, so he can stay put.

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Any elaboration on what kind of movement, striker etc?

Anything  in the Simms social media stuff too?

Last I heard on simms was he was keen on coming back, down to Everton wether they want to Loan or sell him. We are willing to put our attempt in at both permanent of course will be harder due to interest elsewhere. We are much more confident than this time last month however👍🏻
pushing to get a defender in the door late this week early next if we can beat off the competition. 

LarrysRightFoot
16 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I agree with the first point but not too sure about the second point. I think we’re a much better choice but you can’t ignore the relationship with Goodwin. 

I guess what I’m saying is if it’s only a loan (in the 1st instance) it’s a no brainier to go to club in Europe 

vegas-voss
13 minutes ago, Daktari said:

I don't think we want to pay them as much as £500k

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***