*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Have a day off mate. Still 4-5 signings to come, every one of which could be a total blockbuster for a club like us. These guys have been brought in to replace the loans that have ended and IMO are all better than the loans we had (apart from Simms). The real deals - I.e. Souttar's replacement and some upgraded attackers - are yet to come. 

Slowly slowly catchy monkey  :wink:

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

We could sign a real quality player or two and some on here would moan that they’re still not good enough- go and support the Old Firm instead of getting your panties wet here - I’ll even lend you the bus fare if needed 😆

Or you can do what 99% of the fans do, be patient and trust Mr Savage and co

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Not off the top of my head.Also I'm not denying ng he was poor quite a number of spells and missed some very easy chances in games.

That’s why I don’t think he was suited to being a 10, he might not even be first choice depending on who we sign up front. Which might be a good thing as we will have signed a top quality striker and 10. 
I think Savage, and his recruitment team, deserve the time to get it right with the players Neilson wants. 

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

So what do we have? An average Livi player, someone that has struggled in the English championship, an Australian who is probably the most likely to succeed and a Dundee united youngster with very limited game time.

these may very well be squad booster signings but to me appear to be quantity over quality but time will tell.

Sounds like Halkett, Mackay, Devlin, and the future Souttar then.

Although I am trying not to be positive.

2 minutes ago, WageThief said:

Sounds like Halkett, Mackay, Devlin, and the future Souttar then.

Although I am trying not to be positive.

Tell me in detail why that's an upgrade on the standard of player we currently have?

10 minutes ago, adam1998 said:

We could sign a real quality player or two and some on here would moan that they’re still not good enough- go and support the Old Firm instead of getting your panties wet here - I’ll even lend you the bus fare if needed 😆

Or you can do what 99% of the fans do, be patient and trust Mr Savage and co

I was sceptical about last summers signings and we done ok. Folk on here just need to chill out a wee bit. 

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Tell me in detail why that's an upgrade on the standard of player we currently have?

Tell me in detail why it’s not. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Is a sceptical about last summers signings and we done Uk. Folk on here just need to chill out a wee bit. 

I am chilled mate, and I do think we will sign some gems. But I'm just pointing out that it hasn't happened yet. I think the ones we have signed are of a similar standard to what we already have. 

2 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I asked first.

Nobody knows if they’ll be an upgrade or not. How did we know if Beni or Devlin would improve us? We didn’t. 

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, GinRummy said:

Nobody knows if they’ll be an upgrade or not. How did we know if Beni or Devlin would improve us? We didn’t. 

I totally agree, they may well turn out to be very good additions, or a bit of a disappointment. Time will tell.

3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I am chilled mate, and I do think we will sign some gems. But I'm just pointing out that it hasn't happened yet. I think the ones we have signed are of a similar standard to what we already have. 

The standard we have just now is not half bad. 

I am also curious how you can come to this conclusion before 3/4 of them have even pulled on a maroon jersey. 

8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Cochrane is an upgrade on nobody. 

If, for example, playing Grant away to Ross County on a Sunday instead of McKay, who needs a rest, then that would be an upgrade on playing McKay too much and him losing performance. 

6 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

The lad Rowles looks outstanding and will be upgrade on Souttar, he’s quick, physical and can carry the ball out defence. I’d also hope he’ll spend a lot more time on the pitch than Souttar did in 3 years.

5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

The lad Rowles looks outstanding and will be upgrade on Souttar, he’s quick, physical and can carry the ball out defence. I’d also hope he’ll spend a lot more time on the pitch than Souttar did in 3 years.

I just hope folk give him a chance to settle. He’ll not get away with as much as he did back in Australia. Edit. By ‘get away’ I mean taking the ball up the park and getting caught out. 

Edited by GinRummy

5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I agree, he looks like one with great potential. The others, I guess it's a case of wait and see.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nobody is getting upset about him lying apart from you and his biggest pal, he’s a serial liar in front of the press, get over it. 

Hes a liar ……… every time that wee boy from the film its all I can see in my head when I read it 😄 

16 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Rowles might well turn out to be a better acquisition than Souttar was and in that sense he’d be an upgrade in terms of quality. BUT he is a left sided centre back who can play centrally and by that measure he isn’t a replacement for Souttar. As it stands right now we have 3 very good central defenders, neither of whom could play RCB in a 3. For me, if we’re going to operate this switching system again, and it seems we are, we need to sign a QUALITY RCB. Getting one as good as Souttar doesn’t seem likely to me but we need to get as good as we can get our hands on. To me that means experienced, preferably with European experience. international experience also preferred. He’s got to be young enough to be in the team for 3-4 years OR be resold for a profit. That’s a big BIG player to have to find.

Edited by JimmyCant

Tom Hardy’s Dug

There is no way Rowles has been signed not to play. Equally unlikely we paid money for Cochrane to be a sub.

Is there any way Rowles, Kinglsey and Cochrane fit into the same team?

Rowles central with Halkett RCB with Kingsley taking on the “walk the ball out of defence role” and Rowles moving to the left when he does?

Still have a nagging doubt we know someone wants Kinglsey…and might cough up enough to tempt us.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Rowles might well turn out to be a better acquisition than Souttar was and in that sense he’d be an upgrade in terms of quality. BUT he is a left sided centre back who can play centrally and by that measure he isn’t a replacement for Souttar. As it stands right now we have 3 very good central defenders, neither of whom could play RCB in a 3. For me, if we’re going to operate this switching system again, and it seems we are, we need to sign a QUALITY RCB. Getting fine as good as Souttar doesn’t seem likely to me but we need to get as good as we can get our hands on. To me that means experienced, preferably with European experience. international experience also preferred. He’s got to be young enough to be in the team for 3-4 years OR be resold for a profit. That’s a big BIG player to have to find.

There is no rule that says however that if you have a “baller” defender he needs to be right footed. Although I accept Robbie has said “we need to replace Souttar”

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Rowles might well turn out to be a better acquisition than Souttar was and in that sense he’d be an upgrade in terms of quality. BUT he is a left sided centre back who can play centrally and by that measure he isn’t a replacement for Souttar. As it stands right now we have 3 very good central defenders, neither of whom could play RCB in a 3. For me, if we’re going to operate this switching system again, and it seems we are, we need to sign a QUALITY RCB. Getting one as good as Souttar doesn’t seem likely to me but we need to get as good as we can get our hands on. To me that means experienced, preferably with European experience. international experience also preferred. He’s got to be young enough to be in the team for 3-4 years OR be resold for a profit. That’s a big BIG player to have to find.

how do you know Rowles isnt that QUALITY centre back you keep going on about? How would you know a target we are after is going to be QUALITY and be consistently QUALITY? What if his CV is QUALITY but he himself is not QUALITY? Or his YouTube videos are QUALITY but doesn’t show it

27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I was sceptical about last summers signings and we done ok. Folk on here just need to chill out a wee bit. 

Spot on, better signings have so many more choices of clubs and deals are normally later in the window. We

could sign 8/9 early like Hibs or aim higher, I’d rather wait and get the right player than panic buy- if we can however  get deals through earlier then bonus

All the lads we have signed so far were playing at a higher level than Jamie Walker last season. And I think Jamie Walker is a really good footballer, slow, but really good. 

Just for reference 😁

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

There is no way Rowles has been signed not to play. Equally unlikely we paid money for Cochrane to be a sub.

Is there any way Rowles, Kinglsey and Cochrane fit into the same team?

Rowles central with Halkett RCB with Kingsley taking on the “walk the ball out of defence role” and Rowles moving to the left when he does?

Still have a nagging doubt we know someone wants Kinglsey…and might cough up enough to tempt us.

Nobody is signed not to play. You need more than 11 first team standard players, especially next season.

Some people are overstating Rowles' pedigree a bit as well. He looked good against Peru and he might end up being brilliant, but he's a young player coming from a lesser standard and he had 0 caps when we made our move for him. It's hardly unreasonable to expect him to earn his place.

Arguably Moore had a better pedigree last season. Performed well for Blackpool in League One and then played a significant number of games for Bristol City the season before we signed him. He still had to start on the bench initially and he couldn't get in the team because others proved better. Even then, he played plenty of games which underlines the need for quality options beyond the automatic first picks.

Same goes for Cochrane. Just because we paid a fee doesn't mean he's in the starting line-up every week. Maybe it'll be Rowles/Kingsley at LCB/LWB, maybe it'll be Kingsley/Cochrane. It'll probably change from game to game.

We aren't going to shoehorn all our defenders into the starting line-up with only Sibbick on the bench anyway.

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Nobody is signed not to play. You need more than 11 first team standard players, especially next season.

Some people are overstating Rowles' pedigree a bit as well. He looked good against Peru and he might end up being brilliant, but he's a young player coming from a lesser standard and he had 0 caps when we made our move for him. It's hardly unreasonable to expect him to earn his place.

Arguably Moore had a better pedigree last season. Performed well for Blackpool in League One and then played a significant number of games for Bristol City the season before we signed him. He still had to start on the bench initially and he couldn't get in the team because others proved better. Even then, he played plenty of games which underlines the need for quality options beyond the automatic first picks.

Same goes for Cochrane. Just because we paid a fee doesn't mean he's in the starting line-up every week. Maybe it'll be Rowles/Kingsley at LCB/LWB, maybe it'll be Kingsley/Cochrane. It'll probably change from game to game.

We aren't going to shoehorn all our defenders into the starting line-up with only Sibbick on the bench anyway.

And if he has a few bad games people on here will be calling for his head, calling him an imposter and a wage thief, etc. 

I get that people are excited about our new signings but i doubt if anyone has seen them play enough to form a proper opinion of them, yet. They get hyped up and hyped up, then when they don't perform like world champions every week people turn on them. You see it every season. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I understand all of that - I guess I mostly can’t believe a team with some decent cash to pay doesn’t want Kingsley. Also Rowles has a World Cup that he won’t get to if predominately on the bench.

28 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

how do you know Rowles isnt that QUALITY centre back you keep going on about? How would you know a target we are after is going to be QUALITY and be consistently QUALITY? What if his CV is QUALITY but he himself is not QUALITY? Or his YouTube videos are QUALITY but doesn’t show it

I think he is QUALITY but I’m not convinced a left sided CB can play RCB.

Got some OCD re capitalised words my friend ?

jamboinglasgow

I think its clear that we have completed phase 1 of our recruitment (think someone said this earlier.) We move onto phase 2 which I reckon will be the exciting one but will take time. I dont think we will announce any first team signings for 2 or 3 weeks at least. Then it will pick up. So now is the time to relax in regards to tracking transfer news.

I can see a few signings for the B and U18s over the next few weeks though.

But at least we are going to have quite a few matches in the meantime so should break things up.

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I understand all of that - I guess I mostly can’t believe a team with some decent cash to pay doesn’t want Kingsley. Also Rowles has a World Cup that he won’t get to if predominately on the bench.

Kingsley is £4million plus for me

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Hes a liar ……… every time that wee boy from the film its all I can see in my head when I read it 😄 

****ing hate that film 🤬🤪.

A lot can be said for consistency of squad as well. If we somehow manage to get Simms back, we have only lost Souttar, Moore and Woodburn with Neilson, Rowles, Grant and Forrest in. Add in a likely 3 or 4 players with the calibre of players we have been linked with then we are a much better squad than the one who comfortably finished 3rd and got to a cup final. 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

As others have pointed out, a "similar standard to what we already have" is a bit of a broad metric, considering it could include everything from Baningime and Gordon to Damour and Gnanduillet.

Last season we ran away with third and took Rangers to ET in a cup final. Doing nothing other than bringing up the standard around the squad to the level of our better players would technically require doing nothing other than signing a "similar standard to what we already have" in the right places.

Grant > McEneff

Rowles > Moore

Forrest > GMS

Add to that, we can reasonably expect Cochrane, Sibbick, Atkinson, and Devlin to be better than they were last season.

The big question mark still remains replacing Souttar as well as Beni until he's healed, and of course there's the striker question. That's where we risk a fall-off. But aside from that, so far it's looking like we're going to be stronger and deeper across the pitch than we were in a remarkably excellent season. That's very good!

john thomas
50 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So he might be better than Souttar (which is impressive) but that is not good enough for you because he is left footed !

Think that , basically, sums up what you've posted .

58 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Halkett could easily play RCB 

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Halkett could easily play RCB 

Halkett Rowles Kingsley 

Rowles can play left or centre.

Halkett can play right or centre.

Finlay James
2 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

To be honest in april it was quality over quantity. We were interested in woodburn permanent ronan was top target we wanted 6 or 7 players and by end off may it was 3 strikers. Fast forward beginning in june it was 1 striker 2 10s defenders midfielders goalkeeper. 

We haven't signed quality over quantity yet, Ronan who is goalscoring midfielder going to sheep prob shankland if he leaves belgium too wouldn't surprise me. 

Even Rossco signed striker from southampton yesterday while we wait on simms. 

Robbie tells us what he wants one day but then changes his mind week by week Savage says Robbie decides on players he offers to him its his decision what he does next. I will be glad when this all ends cause Iam lost week by week what we are after.

I will wait till end of August see how land lies cause god knows from day to day whats happening so many mixed signals from joe and bob and there's more strikers than shankland and simms out there  Boyce to me is on downward spiral  picking up niggly injuries and as good a player as he can be, hopeless on one on ones, we need a couple more strikers if we want to go forward or we will slip down league with extra games in europe.

You ok hun?

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Harring perhaps at RCB?

I don't think Halkett played RCB even once last season and he's never looked as comfortable when dragged wide. He's already in a role perfectly suited to his abilities and he was one of our best players last season. There's not a chance we're moving him to accommodate Rowles.

Thankfully it's already been confirmed we want an RCB.

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

To be honest in april it was quality over quantity. We were interested in woodburn permanent ronan was top target we wanted 6 or 7 players and by end off may it was 3 strikers. Fast forward beginning in june it was 1 striker 2 10s defenders midfielders goalkeeper. 

We haven't signed quality over quantity yet, Ronan who is goalscoring midfielder going to sheep prob shankland if he leaves belgium too wouldn't surprise me. 

Even Rossco signed striker from southampton yesterday while we wait on simms. 

Robbie tells us what he wants one day but then changes his mind week by week Savage says Robbie decides on players he offers to him its his decision what he does next. I will be glad when this all ends cause Iam lost week by week what we are after.

I will wait till end of August see how land lies cause god knows from day to day whats happening so many mixed signals from joe and bob and there's more strikers than shankland and simms out there  Boyce to me is on downward spiral  picking up niggly injuries and as good a player as he can be, hopeless on one on ones, we need a couple more strikers if we want to go forward or we will slip down league with extra games in europe.

you had this bottled up for a while eh?

6 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

You ok hun?

Not sure if he is?

Seems unable to decide between capitals and not:whistling:

7 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I don't think Halkett played RCB even once last season and he's never looked as comfortable when dragged wide. He's already in a role perfectly suited to his abilities and he was one of our best players last season. There's not a chance we're moving him to accommodate Rowles.

Thankfully it's already been confirmed we want an RCB.

Totally agree, Halks in the middle all day every day. 

Questions more the future of Sibbick who often isn't even touted as an option. 

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I think he is QUALITY but I’m not convinced a left sided CB can play RCB.

Got some OCD re capitalised words my friend ?

That is FAIR enough 

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

you had this bottled up for a while eh?

Those rants about not signing quickly enough remind of the thread last season after the Inverness League cup game calling Joe Savage an idiot, saying we have not signed enough players and that meant we hadn't scored enough against Inverness to be seeded for the League cup last 16. We then sign 1 player and beat Celtic a week later, and sign 4 more players in a month, go on to finish 3rd, get to the final of the Scottish cup and have a great season.

Just because you are quick signing players doesn't mean they are the best players you can get. Look at Hibs who have signed almost 10 players and I dont think there is any I am jealous of them signing.

Under the floodlight
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Those rants about not signing quickly enough remind of the thread last season after the Inverness League cup game calling Joe Savage an idiot, saying we have not signed enough players and that meant we hadn't scored enough against Inverness to be seeded for the League cup last 16. We then sign 1 player and beat Celtic a week later, and sign 4 more players in a month, go on to finish 3rd, get to the final of the Scottish cup and have a great season.

Just because you are quick signing players doesn't mean they are the best players you can get. Look at Hibs who have signed almost 10 players and I dont think there is any I am jealous of them signing.

:greatpost:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It's a recurring theme every window. Its boredom 

On 27/06/2022 at 10:44, iainmac said:

Exactly right.

Hope you're well?

I am very well thanks Iain. By the way i sold the Glenbank in May, but it played its part. We need to have a pint before a game this season.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

It's a recurring theme every window. Its boredom 

Oh completely, mixed with a bit of fear that we are being left behind when other teams are signing players. There is still two months left of this window, and I think the first half of July at least will be dull signing wise.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***