*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

I'd take Boyle purely to annoy the hobos and that's the only reason

They have a buy back clause, meaning if any British club bids, they have to be informed and given the ability to match it.  I say we stick in an 1M bid just to see the outrage, perhaps force them to do something silly.  And if not, aww sorry, he failed the medical.  

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

27 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, that's how it works. 

We'll hit a number and go-"we're full, cannae get that striker now". 

😂😂

Your'e such a know all aren't you?

Batistuta87
18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Paul Hartley used to be a Hibs player. 

They absolutely loved Boyle though. He was a key player for them for a good few seasons including their cup winning side, whereas Hartley was a fairly average player in a fairly forgettable side who were either relegated or played in Div 1 I can't remember which. 

If you were to compare them to recent Hearts players then Boyle was like Barrie McKay and Hartley was like Olly Lee or Aaron McEneff. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
34 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

23/24.

Who the **** cares, we might even end up with 25.

Hardly a science. 

Contradicts himself 😂😂

I reckon 2 or 3 will leave and ell get another 5/6 in. 

Happy days. 

Was going to say something similar myself. If we have a squad of 23/24 with 2 days of the window left that doesn't mean we won't sign someone else if the right player becomes available. In the same way, being one short of either figure doesn't mean we will definitely be signing someone else either. Besides, any business making public target figures isn't beholden to them, in any way, as situations constantly change. Rather than a strict squad figure we will most likely have a player budget that once met will mean no more signings, but that will, hopefully, be flexible if, at the last minute, that special player becomes available. The figures given will not be written in stone, and neither McKinley nor Neilson are misleading anybody, and only slightly contradicting themselves/each other, for they owe no one exact figures for anything, unless we all feel they should give other clubs the advantage of knowing whether or not we are somewhat desperate to buy, or sell (or just get rid of), in any transfer negotiations that may take place. 

32 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I expect another 5 or 6 in, and of a higher standard than what we already have. I think we will move a couple on also. 

Nothing suggests to me that the players we have brought in so far, will take us any further forward, or to a slightly higher level. More of a squad increase up until now.

This. 5 in and 2 out for me. GMS and Mceneff being the 2 out

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Martin Boyle???!! What the hell is wrong with this thread 😂😂🤦‍♂️

1. he’s a Hibs fud who I wouldn’t want near our church establishment club

2. he wouldn’t come near us because of his affiliation with Hibs 

3. I don’t know, something about his hair

He is also on a fortune at the club he is at

I don’t think we’ve really made any high stakes replacements yet so not seeing why some are downbeat about signings

Lewis Neilson only has to better than Taylor Moore

Jorge Grant needs to be better than Woodburn

Forrest needs to be better than GMS 

Someone needs to come in and improve on McEneffs contribution last season

We’ve brought in Rowles which is a wee extra option on the left hand side which we didn’t have last season

hey presto we’ll have improved several positions across the squad

The real scrutiny comes into play when we find our replacements for Souttar and Simms, those are the two “first xi” players who we really need to sign top quality replacements for

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Yep, would agree. I'm just now looking for that wow signing, or 2, or 3, to make me dizzy with excitement 😅 

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, DS98 said:

If Martin Boyle had the pace of say Olly Lee, do you think he would be anywhere near the player he is? No is the answer. 

He has improved parts of his game over the years i.e final ball/finishing but he needs his pace to get him there in the first place. Actual footballing ability is very limited.

Well of course he wouldn't, but he's probably never going to be as slow as that. Lee signed for us when he was 26/27 and always ran like he was towing a caravan. Boyle is currently 29 and is still much quicker than Lee has ever been. Like Chris Burke, Aiden McGeady etc, he'll probably always be quick enough to play in Scotland. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
51 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I didn't read it, just assumed it was RN but aye its probably them reporting it wrongly rather than anyone at Hearts having said two different numbers in one interview. 

More than likely that wnen RN was asked by the board what squad size did he feel we needed he replied '23 or 24' and that both figures are an accurate figure for the size of squad sought (but not written in stone). If we end up with a 26 man squad, or 22, neither of them will have been lying nor misleading anyone. They won't even have been wrong. In all businesses targets are seldom hit, and more often than not are surpassed or fall short.

David Sharp
44 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

As I said... not many.

Willie Hamilton and Alan Gordon were stars for Hibs having been great players for Hearts.

3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I don’t think we’ve really made any high stakes replacements yet so not seeing why some are downbeat about signings

We’ve brought in Rowles which is a wee extra option on the left hand side which we didn’t have last season

The real scrutiny comes into play when we find our replacements for Souttar and Simms, those are the two “first xi” players who we really need to sign top quality replacements for

Great post and exactly my thoughts. 

just imagine if Forrest and Grant double the output of GMS and Woodburn? 

We are not finding a replacement better or as good as Souttar. Simms is the key, can we get him or someone as exciting. If not then I would be open to arguments that we have not improved the starting 11. 

4 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

They need to be better, or you're sure they are better? 

I don't think it's that clear cut, and it certainly doesn't stand out that they will definitely be better. 

1 hour ago, Hood09 said:

Every time we played hibs and had Boyle he was there only threat and put us to the sword a couple of times. If people can’t look past that and see there’s a player that would compliment our front three that’s even sadder. 

Boyles only two goals in a game where Hibs drew or won against us came in a 0-2 win at Tynecastle ..................................... apart from that one game he has never scored against us or been credited with an assist in a game that Hibs did not go on to lose what was the other game you were thinking of because that is not my idea of putting us to the sword every time he lined up against us

40 minutes ago, Gorgieshed said:

Honestly, folk are mental with this Boyle chat.

1.We are definitely not remotely interested in trying to sign him.

2.There is no chance we could afford him. 

3.He wouldn't come to us.

We used to get the same chat about Leigh Griffiths. Folk going on about it get it alright and know exactly what they’re doing and lots of others biting.

7 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Agreed.

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

We used to get the same chat about Leigh Griffiths. Folk going on about it get it alright and know exactly what they’re doing and lots of others biting.

Dunno which is worse to be honest?? 

File both under absolute drivelling nonsense. I actually can't believe this Boyle chat is being given this much attention 🤯

Edited by Batistuta87

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

We are not finding a replacement better or as good as Souttar. Simms is the key, can we get him or someone as exciting. If not then I would be open to arguments that we have not improved the starting 11. 

With Kye Rowles we may already have signed a better out and out defender than Souttar.

8 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Im not taking the piss but have GMS and McEnff left? I lose track with this thread?

AllyjamboDerbyshire
7 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I don't think we have to sign a 'better' player than Souttar (I doubt that would be possible, though Rowles might become just as good) to become a better overall side, and as you point out, our squad would appear to be better in a few positions already.

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Im not taking the piss but have GMS and McEnff left? I lose track with this thread?

Nah they’re still here, I would be surprised if they were involved next season is all. I guess if they stay then we won’t exactly be worse anyway 

7 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

They need to be better, or you're sure they are better? 

I don't think it's that clear cut, and it certainly doesn't stand out that they will definitely be better. 

I mean they can hardly be worse

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

None of them have left yet but folk are assuming they will be since they're probably some of the lowest down the pecking order and since neither have really performed that well. McEneff done alright in the few cameos he had but I'd hardly miss him, same with GMS. Had his moments but overall not good enough. If I was to pick a handful of players to leave then they would probably be 2nd and 3rd on the list (with Stewart right at the top in big bold capital letters). 

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Nah they’re still here, I would be surprised if they were involved next season is all. I guess if they stay then we won’t exactly be worse anyway 

Cue GMS getting 20 starts, never missing a matchday squad and contributing the square root of feck all 😆

10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Dunno which is worse to be honest?? 

File both under absolute drivelling nonsense. I actually can't believe this Boyle chat is being given this much attention 🤯

Never happen.

Although Boyle's dad is a Hearts fan.

Phil D. Corners
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Cue GMS getting 20 starts, never missing a matchday squad and contributing the square root of feck all 😆

Harsh, 40 appearances last season and 4 goals which helped us get 3rd place and to a cup final. 

Not saying he’s the first name on the team sheet, but he can still help us over the course of a season.  

You can't count Henderson and Connor Smith as "youngsters" any more, and they appear to be in Spain, so are part of an (at the moment) 23 man squad (excluding real youngsters Pollock, McGill)

None out, 2 more in?

2 out, 4 in?

3 out, 5 in?

4 out, 6 in?

I reckon 3 will leave/loan from the 23 (Henderson, Smith and Mceneff) as well as some youngsters (loan).

I think people get too focused on exact numbers we could end up with twenty three or twenty four or if a player comes up who is too good an opportunity to miss we may have twenty five by the time the window closes

9 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I mean they can hardly be worse

Let's hope so. I'm just impatient, I want the wow signings now, yesterday and tomorrow 😫 

Alec Eiffel

So far in comparison with last season, Hearts have lost Souttar, Naismith and Simms without replacing them with better.  Quantity is not quality.  Still no marquee signings.

2 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

So far in comparison with last season, Hearts have lost Souttar, Naismith and Simms without replacing them with better.  Quantity is not quality.  Still no marquee signings.

Naismith?

RustyRightPeg
9 minutes ago, ericb said:

You can't count Henderson and Connor Smith as "youngsters" any more, and they appear to be in Spain, so are part of an (at the moment) 23 man squad (excluding real youngsters Pollock, McGill)

None out, 2 more in?

2 out, 4 in?

3 out, 5 in?

4 out, 6 in?

I reckon 3 will leave/loan from the 23 (Henderson, Smith and Mceneff) as well as some youngsters (loan).

McGill is older than Smith

2 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

Need to wait and see if Rowles is as good as Souttar but Naismith never played a game last season and Savage and Neilson have both said we were trying to get Simms back ................ other than those three we have lost Damour Woodburn Moore and Brandon while Forrest Grant and Neilson have come in

we still have weeks left to finish our business so I am pretty happy with where we are so far

12 minutes ago, ericb said:

None out, 2 more in?

2 out, 4 in?

3 out, 5 in?

4 out, 6 in?

If Connor Smith counts as first team them I think McGill and Logan would as well

Edited by BigAlim

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Boyle is on nuts money. I’d be shocked if he came back to Scotland.

I dont think he would be that bothered, like offshore workers, sometimes you just work a ticket and come back with a pocketful and readjust.

Its purely speculative, and of course very unlikely to happen, however its only bias that prevents sanity from suggesting its a player that would improve most teams in Scotland. If he was winning soft pens for us, no one would give a hoot

22 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I don't think we have to sign a 'better' player than Souttar (I doubt that would be possible, though Rowles might become just as good) to become a better overall side, and as you point out, our squad would appear to be better in a few positions already.

And Neilson has the potential to become as good as Souttar.  

MarkDevriesScores4

I’m feeling pretty positive with the signings to date. We absolutely need a Simms or Simms replacement but I have faith in Savage/RN that they’ll get the right man/men. 

Holyrood_Hearts
8 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

We don’t need “marquee signings” just gradual upgrades on the existing squad. 

Btw Naismith left 2 seasons ago 

hmfc_liam06
39 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I've a feeling it'll be Gino rather than GMS.

GMS has versitility to his bow. He's shite in a lot of positions :lol:

Brick Tamland
35 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I would argue strongly that we have improved the starting 11.
Halkett was better than Souttar as the season went on, I’m sure there was a stat somewhere that we were better defensively when Halkett played than when Souttar played. 

Cochrane with his experience of last season will really kick on. 
Sibbick with a pre season will be a vastly improved player than we saw last season. 
Rowles seems to be getting very good reviews and looks like a very good addition. 
Michael Smith’s back injury problems seem to have been fixed which will improve his game. 
Atkinson will be another who will improve following last season and with his exposure to the Australian national team. 
Jorge has to be an improvement on Woodburn and comes with a good bit experience. 

Forrest is an improvement on GMS and Gino. 
Connor Smith after his loan period and Under 21 experience has some great potential to make a name for himself if he breaks into the starting 11. 
Haring back to full fitness and with a contract extension will improve. 
The fact we are in Europe with a larger squad will also improve the starting 11 as the competition for places will be far greater than last season. 

The starting 11 doesn’t need to have new signings to improve, as experience, fitness and competition for places will all improve them. 
Playing in front of c.16k season ticket holders in a packed stadium will also improve the players if they have the right attitude which I am sure they will have. 
In saying all that, Simms, or someone of that ilk, would be a great signing. 
Really looking forward to the season in a packed Tynecastle Park ‘mon the Hearts. 

Edited by Brick Tamland

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Your'e such a know all aren't you?

Nope. 

But I know we won't shut up shop at a specific number of players and miss out on a striker we want just because we reached 23 or 24 players. 

Absolute Scenes
17 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

What are you on about? When was our last marquee signing? Steven Naismith being the youth coach last season?

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

What are you on about? When was our last marquee signing? Steven Naismith being the youth coach last season?

I think he means more signings like Benni and Simms, that kind of calibre. 

Ford Prentice
10 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

If Connor Smith counts as first team them I think McGill and Logan would as well

Smith, Henderson and Stone are in Spain. McGill and Logan are not and unless either is injured it suggests they are not currently viewed as contenders for first team squad.

Back to 2005
Just now, innerjambo said:

I think he means more signings like Benni and Simms, that kind of calibre. 

And he’s right unfortunately. The signings so far look no where near that calibre.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Someone fit enough to play at least 20 games in a row would be an improvement, having to replace him at some point every season wasn’t good for continuity. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
9 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

And Neilson has the potential to become as good as Souttar.  

Hopefully this is true, but my point was that replacing Souttar with as good a player isn't necessary for us to build a better overall side. Plus, in my opinion, a player not quite as good, but better than last season's replacements for the injured Souttar, might very well be an upgrade over the season.

Alec Eiffel
19 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Naismith?

A senior Scottish international that was not replaced by like or better.

1 hour ago, The Black Prince said:

Very odd post this...

Martin Boyle played for years for Hibs and how many have made the transition across town? Not many I'll bet.

Boyle has done well for the Oz NT after being surrounded by better players than he's used to at Hibs and got noticed in Asia. He's gone to (I think) the Saudi league for a life-changing amount of money, and there's no way any Scottish club will be able to match his wages.

Hibs player though. Why would you want him?

What a very immature and bizarre mindset...Hibs this, Hibs that...its truly playground mentality...but he played for Hibs 😮

Every single football fan will back a player who plays for their club and does well...nobody, unless a school child and/or adult with a lack of life experience or wherewithal, would come out and say " Hibs player though ..." 

Says more about the individual than anything else, posts like yourself...

He became a top performer for Hibs, and hurt us more than once...his antics are very unpalatable granted, however worse things in life...

Hibs this, Hibs that ... 😂🤣😅

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***