*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nope. 

But I know we won't shut up shop at a specific number of players and miss out on a striker we want just because we reached 23 or 24 players. 

I never said we would. I just highlighted a contradiction in an article which you decided to give your expert analysis on.

The numbers were in the article not suggested by me nor did I ever suggest that we would stop signing players at a given number.

I leave all those finer points to the experts like you.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Someone fit enough to play at least 20 games in a row would be an improvement, having to replace him at some point every season wasn’t good for continuity. 

Agree.

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Paul Hartley used to be a Hibs player. 

Haha!!!! Sometimes forget that.. the spewing masses on here, won't like that being pointed out to them...

👍

5 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I think he means more signings like Benni and Simms, that kind of calibre. 

There is no way this place was hailing Benni or Simms as ‘marquee signings’ at the time.

In fact if I recall this place was raging we had turned to a loan for a striker when we signed Simms.

6 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

A senior Scottish international that was not replaced by like or better.

From 2 years ago. And he was dreadful before he retired so he wasn't missed.

Heartsofgold
5 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

And he’s right unfortunately. The signings so far look no where near that calibre.

You can, in fact no-one can, in no way make that judgement.  We had no real idea how Beni and Simms would turn out for us last season.

We have to trust that the recruitment and management teams know exactly what they are doing and that they feel these players will make a positive difference to the team in the season to come.

Rowles looks like a potential star and I'm excited to see him play for us.  We know Alan Forrest has and eye for goal and a turn of pace.  Grant looks like a good signing with a fairly decent lower league pedigree in England.

Absolute Scenes
8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Not sure why this is being thrown about. Not one fan on here would’ve classed Beni, Devlin or Simms as marquees at the time. It’s a stupid comparison as all three of those players barely anyone had known about, so how do we not know Forrest, Grant or Rowles won’t be marquee signings? Folk need to relax and let the recruitment team do their job. As if fans know more about transfers than the professionals

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Leisham38 said:

There is no way this place was hailing Benni or Simms as ‘marquee signings’ at the time.

In fact if I recall this place was raging we had turned to a loan for a striker when we signed Simms.

Correct mate, you get it! The og comment (not innerjambos one) was just plain stupid 

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

And he’s right unfortunately. The signings so far look no where near that calibre.

You have absolutely no idea about that, no one in here does. We don’t have time machines yet

Back to 2005
Just now, innerjambo said:

Absolute Scenes
10 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

A senior Scottish international that was not replaced by like or better.

😳🤯 I’m actually baffled by what you are posting. Like a little bit worried. Did we miss Naismith last season?? Before he retired he was crocked, finished. Helped us win the championship but we did not miss him. What about Connor Washington, have we replaced him yet, or Sean Clare? Haven’t had a pen taker as decent as Clare, worrying times

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Yeah cause Beni ticked all the boxes on paper when he signed. 

Youth academy cast off with barely 20 games to his name. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Haha!!!! Sometimes forget that.. the spewing masses on here, won't like that being pointed out to them...

👍

Thing is, in Hartley we bought a clapped out mini Hibs wanted rid of who turned out to be a Rolls Royce. I think Boyle at Hibs was as good player as he is going to get and might well fail his next MOT should he come to Hearts.

19 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You have absolutely no idea about that, no one in here does. We don’t have time machines yet

6 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Love who ever did this to make it look like time travel ............. genius

6 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Correct mate, you get it! The og comment (not innerjambos one) was just plain stupid 

Exactly.

Ironically CV wise, you could argue that Glen Whelan, Loic Damour and Tziolis were the most recent ‘marquee signings’  and look how that panned out.

Incredible after last seasons recruitment that there are folk questioning this seasons policy in late June.

The only thing we do know about both Beni and Simms (if my memory serves me right), is that they had both trained with the Everton 1st team, and had also previously made their 1st team debut. They were not marquee signings as such, but they both sounded very promising additions. 

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

The only thing we do know about both Beni and Simms (if my memory serves me right), is that they had both trained with the Everton 1st team, and had also previously made their 1st team debut. They were not marquee signings as such, but they both sounded very promising additions. 

That’s true.
Neither had a reputation as good as Woodburn on paper though.

8 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Exactly.

Ironically CV wise, you could argue that Glen Whelan, Loic Damour and Tziolis were the most recent ‘marquee signings’  and look how that panned out.

Incredible after last seasons recruitment that there are folk questioning this seasons policy in late June.

Correct!

I’m looking forward to seeing what the new guys bring and to who else we sign. 
Some of the negativity on here is (being charitable) bizarre.

BackOfTheNet

The last few pages of this thread have basically been discussing levels of whelms, without using the word whelms

:horse:

15 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

That’s true.

True, I was pretty disappointed with Woodburn to say the least.

kingantti1874
26 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

you hadn’t heard of simms or beni had you? So how do you know  these players! Who you also have heard off are at that level 😆😆

honestly, folk talk ****ing shite 

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The last few pages of this thread have basically been discussing levels of whelms, without using the word whelms

:horse:

Well noted Sir

gordiegords

Interested to know some of the names of the marquee signings folk are expecting? 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

RustyRightPeg
19 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

That’s true.

Unfortunately think his reputation is becoming the undoing of him.

Perhaps unrealistic expectations. The talent is there, just consistency and confidence lacking. 

John Findlay
38 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

👍

I will go further back. Gordon Smith had been a Hibs player. Won three league titles with Hìbs. Then came to Hearts and won the title with us in 1960.

Then he went to Dundee, lo and behold won the title with them in 1962. The only man in Scottish football to win the league title with 3 different clubs and none of the clubs were the OF.

My late father who was Hearts daft and football daft, would say the greatest player he ever saw in the flesh was Gordon Smith. He had seen both Tom Finney and Stanley Matthews in the flesh. So like my great father I don't judge players until I have seen what they can do in a Hearts strip.

It's hardly crazy talk to think guys coming from Everton (albeit academy players) are bigger names and going to be better players than guys from the English lower leagues, Australia and lower SPFL teams.

It's not a definitive indicator of course, but it's not outlandish.

7 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Interested to know some of the names of the marquee signings folk are expecting? 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

You'll need the time machine for that. You can rent it by the hour, right here on JKB

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It's hardly crazy talk to think guys coming from Everton (albeit academy players) are bigger names and going to be better players than guys from the English lower leagues, Australia and lower SPFL teams.

Rowles career trajectory very much on the up, every single assessment says he will be a top player. - no? 

forrest we know had been very effective in this league

neiloson is a young player with great potential

grant, several times in the team of the season in his respective league - more than good enough for this level.

And 

Simms will be back and Shankland in .. 

we will be much stronger next season

Edited by kingantti1874

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

You'll need the time machine for that. You can rent it by the hour, right here on JKB

Surely you would only need it for a matter of seconds 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😜?!?!

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Rather suspiciously, you seem to have replied to a comment before it was made. Are you sure you don't have a time machine? :lol:

Screenshot-20220628-150131-Chrome.jpg

Absolute Scenes
27 minutes ago, Taffin said:

When they are in the reserved and haven’t done anything of merit (like Beni) no expectations can be placed on them.

paul mccallum was on West Ham’s books

michael ngoo at Liverpool.

choulay on stoke

glen whelan had just helped Aston Villa to promotion 

loic Danour had just led Cardiff to promotion. M

etc etc

This marquee stuff needs punted

Just seen what's happened, it's obviously a double post from earlier that's got a bit lost :lol:

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

Rather suspiciously, you seem to have replied to a comment before it was made. Are you sure you don't have a time machine? :lol:

Screenshot-20220628-150131-Chrome.jpg

He’s only went backwards though not forwards 😂

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

When they are in the reserved and haven’t done anything of merit (like Beni) no expectations can be placed on them.

choulay on stoke

etc etc

Joel Castro Perreira was at Man Utd!!!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Slightly different angle, bar Rowles, I also believe those signed thus far are not necessarily who we believe will be first pick. You will need them all through the season, but look at the cup final and how players, patently not fit, were playing. These guys coming in, may plug gaps that we didn't feel we could at Hampden, people look at if from different views, some wildly optimistic and others pessimistic, you get it all here, I prefer realist, the realists know that patience needed in a window to get to the bulkier bits of budget, wages anyway

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Surely you would only need it for a matter of seconds 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😜?!?!

Yeah but they only rent by the hour, it's a rip off tbf. Best to come back before you rented it, and catch them out 🤣

HeartsandonlyHearts
48 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Grown men arguing with each other over pointless drivel gees peace 

Mods do your job 🙏 

Men? That’s debatable.

11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Rowles career trajectory very much on the up, every single assessment says he will be a top player. - no? 

grant, several times in the team of the season in his respective league - more than good enough for this level.

And 

Can’t argue with anything there mate , it would very nice if we could get Simms and Shankland in, if we can get another 2 or 3 in then we will be a pretty strong team  for sure.

22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

And 

I'm not sure anyone is suggesting they'll be guff, just that the low levels they're coming from isn't exactly exciting to the layman fan. They may very well prove to be absolutely excellent players for us.

9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

choulay on stoke

etc etc

Damour was a massive disappointment, granted.

Whelan was finished, nobody should have been excited by him signing and the rest weren't in the category of Beni and Simms where there was a chance they'd make it at their parent club until a relatively older age...they were just the flotsam and jetsam.

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Yeah but they only rent by the hour, it's a rip off tbf. Best to come back before you rented it, and catch them out 🤣

Good to know 👍🏽😜

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Joel Castro Perreira was at Man Utd!!!!!

As was Demi Mitchell and Michael Stewart, look where they ended up 😱😜

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm not sure anyone is suggesting they'll be guff, just that the low levels they're coming from isn't exactly exciting to the layman fan. They may very well prove to be absolutely excellent players for us.

Damour was a massive disappointment, granted.

Whelan was finished, nobody should have been excited by him signing and the rest weren't in the category of Beni and Simms where there was a chance they'd make it at their parent club until a relatively older age...they were just the flotsam and jetsam.

but the point is no one had any idea about the levels of simms or be i.  Rowles by all accounts s the club believe he is a real coup.

CloustonHMFC
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Last season I wouldn’t have said signing a couple of randoms from Everton U23’s and a player from Oz who no one had heard of would have been particularly exciting but we had everyone praising the recruitment for bringing them in because they turned out quality. It’s unfair on our recruitment for people not to trust them after last season. They’ve earned it after the shambles of the last few years. 

Pasquale for King

I think anyone expecting Simms AND Shankand is going to be disappointed, he’s stated a few times he’s only looking for one striker. 
Im sure we have someone else lined up if neither sign. 

RustyRightPeg

I think anyone expecting Simms AND Shankand is going to be disappointed, he’s stated a few times he’s only looking for one striker. 

He blows smoke up the presses arse a lot. Take everything with a pinch of salt. 

If we only get one striker, do you reckon that means Henderson will be in the squad. A new striker plus Boyce doesn’t seem enough to me. 

59 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I will go further back. Gordon Smith had been a Hibs player. Won three league titles with Hìbs. Then came to Hearts and won the title with us in 1960.

Then he went to Dundee, lo and behold won the title with them in 1962. The only man in Scottish football to win the league title with 3 different clubs and none of the clubs were the OF.

My late father who was Hearts daft and football daft, would say the greatest player he ever saw in the flesh was Gordon Smith. He had seen both Tom Finney and Stanley Matthews in the flesh. So like my great father I don't judge players until I have seen what they can do in a Hearts strip.

Boooooo....hissssss.....Hibs this, Hibs that....call yourself a PHM...

Blah Blah Blah....

Wonderful post sir 🙂

Sub4TiddlerMurray
24 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Slightly different angle, bar Rowles, I also believe those signed thus far are not necessarily who we believe will be first pick. You will need them all through the season, but look at the cup final and how players, patently not fit, were playing. These guys coming in, may plug gaps that we didn't feel we could at Hampden, people look at if from different views, some wildly optimistic and others pessimistic, you get it all here, I prefer realist, the realists know that patience needed in a window to get to the bulkier bits of budget, wages anyway

Cochrane is a new signing...and an outstanding one at that. He will start most games.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***