*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Exactly. Reaffirms the need for a deep squad, particularly at the top end of the pitch. 

I think we will need two new strikers to kick on to any great degree. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Bazzas right boot

Folk getting all in a froth   over a squad or 23 or 24.

What if he signs 25 players! 

The betrayal, the lies, how could he! 

36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

But surely he wouldn’t reveal all his plans to the press 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😜?!?!

All three would be great. 

Do you think that is "all" the plans? 

Edit, just read the article. 

There are no quotes from anyone at Hearts. There are no "plans" from Hearts in that article.

Edited by SUTOL

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes but he doesn’t play a second striker though, his best season was with RC when Alex Schalke was his partner. He seems to strive with a quick partner, but we rarely play two. 
Gnanduillet came off the bench v St Mirren and Ginnelly started wide before moving up front v Utd. 

I know, but they were up front when he actually scored. Gnanduillet was directly involved in the St Mirren goal.

The point isn't about the specifics of his role, it's that he's not really effective as a lone striker. The fact he was rarely played as one on the second half of the season suggests Neilson has realised this, which is partly why I think we'll sign two strikers.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We are obviously after 2. We've came out and said we want Simms and Shankland. We've gone back on Shankland publicly because the price but seems pretty clear 2 forward are wanted. Whether we get this two is the question.

Watt-Zeefuik
37 minutes ago, Sooks said:

two of Simms Lane and Shankland and bringing in Ronan would be fantastic business

That plus a backup keeper and an inexpensive 20yo RCB prospect who can fill in and we could call the window done and dusted.

Agreed. I think we will carry 4 strikers, including Henderson. if we only sign one, it probably means we're going to try Gino up the middle in a pinch. If that's the case, that one striker better be Simms or Shankland or better.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Are we really calling Neilson a liar for not blabbing all his exact plans to the local newspaper .......................... really

Or doing nothing more dishonest than change his mind as circumstances change! Perfectly feasable, too, that, at the time of commenting, what Neilson said was exactly what he had planned at the time, though he, not being aware that changing his mind would make him a liar, would know that due to the unpredictable nature of the transfer market, his plans would almost certainly change.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I know, but they were up front when he actually scored. Gnanduillet was directly involved in the St Mirren goal.

The point isn't about the specifics of his role, it's that he's not really effective as a lone striker. The fact he was rarely played as one on the second half of the season suggests Neilson has realised this, which is partly why I think we'll sign two strikers.

I agree, he still said 1 striker then said we are in for Simms and Shankland. Hope we get them both. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, bistokid said:

We are obviously after 2. We've came out and said we want Simms and Shankland. We've gone back on Shankland publicly because the price but seems pretty clear 2 forward are wanted. Whether we get this two is the question.

It wasn’t me that said one striker then said Simms and Shankland, although I think it’s unlikely let’s hope we get them 🤞

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Do you think that is "all" the plans? 

No he also said a CM and a RCB, he’s hardly secretive is he? He named three of the players he’s after ffs. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Folk getting all in a froth   over a squad or 23 or 24.

What if he signs 25 players! 

The betrayal, the lies, how could he! 

I would rather he did, two players for each position and three GKs.
Maybe then we won’t be out on our feet come the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Or doing nothing more dishonest than change his mind as circumstances change! Perfectly feasable, too, that, at the time of commenting, what Neilson said was exactly what he had planned at the time, though he, not being aware that changing his mind would make him a liar, would know that due to the unpredictable nature of the transfer market, his plans would almost certainly change.

A dash of that and a small pinch of not wanting to advertise to every one what his exact plans are yes ................ every time i read some one calling him a liar I picture the wee laddie on About a Boy having a tantrum about his mums last boy friend at 01:24 

Mr Elwood P
57 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He literally told the press what positions he was looking at and what numbers he wanted in the squad, that’s not revealing the actual plan of WHO we want to sign. 
Again though you are actually agreeing that he lied in that interview. 

I don't think 'lied' is the correct word.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

If we only get one striker, do you reckon that means Henderson will be in the squad. A new striker plus Boyce doesn’t seem enough to me. 

It’s not - that won’t be our actual plan

27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A game he or Simms should never have started. 

Robbie dealt with this. Boyce knew he was a bit off it form wise and it was agreed he’d play most games after the split as apparently he’s even worse if he comes in cold

11 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Agreed

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No. More economical with the truth.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It’s not - that won’t be our actual plan

Robbie dealt with this. Boyce knew he was a bit off it form wise and it was agreed he’d play most games after the split as apparently he’s even worse if he comes in cold

Agreed

One game off or even playing well would’ve made a huge difference to his form right enough. He scored a cracker at Utd and was garbage after that.

3 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

And he’s right unfortunately. The signings so far look no where near that calibre.

Is this you not wanting to sound negative again?

Edited by iantjambo

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Ok. Misled. Made a mistake. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

One game off or even playing well would’ve made a huge difference to his form right enough. He scored a cracker at Utd and was garbage after that.

They were playing him to try and get his best form back. Robbie effectively said that

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Sooks said:

A dash of that and a small pinch of not wanting to advertise to every one what his exact plans are yes ................ every time i read some one calling him a liar I picture the wee laddie on About a Boy having a tantrum about his mums last boy friend at 01:24 

Nobody is getting upset about him lying apart from you and his biggest pal, he’s a serial liar in front of the press, get over it. 

Back to 2005
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Based on what?

So what do we have? An average Livi player, someone that has struggled in the English championship, an Australian who is probably the most likely to succeed and a Dundee united youngster with very limited game time.

these may very well be squad booster signings but to me appear to be quantity over quality but time will tell.

Back to 2005
4 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Is this you not wanting to sound negative again?

Trying desperately not to! 😂

51 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Could you name the games that he contributed in a deeper role? He was in poor form since coming back from injury and his biggest contribution was closing down and tackles in the second half of the season. He rarely created a chance and only scored twice I think against top level teams since the winter break. 
Im not sure he can play up front on his own either. 

He played well when we switched to 4231 after the team was going through a sticky spell

I really like the business we've done and it all looks positive. Saying that I'm becoming greedy and I want more haha. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

He played well when we switched to 4231 after the team was going through a sticky spell

I don’t agree, could you name the games and chances or goals he created/scored? 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

They were playing him to try and get his best form back. Robbie effectively said that

It didn’t work. 

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

So what do we have? An average Livi player, someone that has struggled in the English championship, an Australian who is probably the most likely to succeed and a Dundee united youngster with very limited game time.

these may very well be squad booster signings but to me appear to be quantity over quality but time will tell.

This is you 'not meaning to be negative' ?

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would rather he did, two players for each position and three GKs.
Maybe then we won’t be out on our feet come the end of the season. 

Maybe aye, maybe naw. 

Quality is also a factor, 6 or 7 shite players won't help. 

Last season we were a newly promoted side. 

This year we are the third best team in the country with European group stage football guaranteed. 

In short our targets and budgets will have  changed, with that a bigger and better squad will be required. 

I know it's hard for you, but do try and keep up with our continued improvement and upward trend under Bob. 

A larger squad is the next thing, Been mentioned lots Tbh. 

I don’t agree, could you name the games and chances or goals he created/scored? 

Not off the top of my head.Also I'm not denying ng he was poor quite a number of spells and missed some very easy chances in games.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

I really like the business we've done and it all looks positive. Saying that I'm becoming greedy and I want more haha. 

I'd like 3 or 4 wow signings, player that are proven at a high level. 

Will instantly raise the level. 

Simms 

Wilshere 

Rogic 

Shankland 

Will do. 🙃

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Maybe aye, maybe naw. 

Quality is also a factor, 6 or 7 shite players won't help. 

Last season we were a newly promoted side. 

This year we are the third best team in the country with European group stage football guaranteed. 

In short our targets and budgets will have  changed, with that a bigger and better squad will be required. 

I know it's hard for you, but do try and keep up with our continued improvement and upward trend under Bob. 

A larger squad is the next thing, Been mentioned lots Tbh. 

It’s not hard at all, I think most of my posts agree we need a bigger squad, maybe you need to keep up? I actually quoted him saying it ffs 😂

24 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

And a resigned Kingsley, Cochrane, Harring and Halkett which are far more important signings than anyone else to date.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

And a resigned Kingsley, Cochrane, Harring and Halkett which are far more important signings than anyone else to date.

And Bazza. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
27 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

An average Livi player - who Halkett?

Somebody that struggled in the Championship - who McKay?

Dundee United youngster with limited game time - who Souttar?

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Someone gets it!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

It's hard to speculate really. We brought Cochrane back for a reason and I'm sure it wasn't to warm the bench.

2 players for each position and competition for Kingsley, strong cover if we choose to put Kingsley in the middle 

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

🤣good point, well made.   We should trust the process with Savage and give everyone a chance.  Then we can judge! 

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Are we really in for wilshire or just a rumour?

Not even a rumour, just wilshire thinking from a few posters

Back to 2005
14 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Fair point.

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

About as interesting as some of the posts on here from the ITK lot. The only difference is the journalist was probably sober when he wrote the article

15 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Exactly. Not trying to be negative though. :rofl:

9 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Are we really in for wilshire or just a rumour?

It's not even a rumour.Someone just mentioned him on here saying he would like us to try and sign him

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Fair point.

Not really, it has nothing to do with improving the team, and making the step up to the next level does it. Neither does signing players of the same, or possibly the same standard as Halkett, MacKay, Haring, Cochrane and Kingsley. These are already players we have, and bringing in the same standard of player won't get us far in Europe, and won't get us any closer to the arse cheeks. They are a nice bonus, but not an improvement imo.

colinmorewasgash
31 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

To be honest in april it was quality over quantity. We were interested in woodburn permanent ronan was top target we wanted 6 or 7 players and by end off may it was 3 strikers. Fast forward beginning in june it was 1 striker 2 10s defenders midfielders goalkeeper. 

We haven't signed quality over quantity yet, Ronan who is goalscoring midfielder going to sheep prob shankland if he leaves belgium too wouldn't surprise me. 

Even Rossco signed striker from southampton yesterday while we wait on simms. 

Robbie tells us what he wants one day but then changes his mind week by week Savage says Robbie decides on players he offers to him its his decision what he does next. I will be glad when this all ends cause Iam lost week by week what we are after.

I will wait till end of August see how land lies cause god knows from day to day whats happening so many mixed signals from joe and bob and there's more strikers than shankland and simms out there  Boyce to me is on downward spiral  picking up niggly injuries and as good a player as he can be, hopeless on one on ones, we need a couple more strikers if we want to go forward or we will slip down league with extra games in europe.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Not really, it has nothing to do with improving the team, and making the step up to the next level does it. Neither does signing players of the same, or possibly the same standard as Halkett, MacKay, Haring, Cochrane and Kingsley. These are already players we have, and bringing in the same standard of player won't get us far in Europe, and won't get us any closer to the arse cheeks. They are a nice bonus, but not an improvement imo.

There's shite, then there is this. 

Batistuta87
51 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Have a day off mate. Still 4-5 signings to come, every one of which could be a total blockbuster for a club like us. These guys have been brought in to replace the loans that have ended and IMO are all better than the loans we had (apart from Simms). The real deals - I.e. Souttar's replacement and some upgraded attackers - are yet to come. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

There's shite, then there is this. 

Nice comment, no substance as usual. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***