*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

The Hogfather
12 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Dunno where THD heard it but I understand that Robbie confirmed it when he said we had no chance of getting him - maybe a couple of weeks back.

Bit weird that we're still after him when Robbie reckons we've no chance though. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

AC Mallin_51

To be honest I think the biggest stumbling block we have with a lot of potential signings isn’t particularly transfer fees but wages. Can pick up some pretty good players on the cheap and even for nothing but it’s competing with teams down south with what we can offer financially even if we offer a bigger playing role. For that reason I’m very surprised we got Cochrane back

Edited by AC Mallin_51

RustyRightPeg
33 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Bit weird that we're still after him when Robbie reckons we've no chance though. 

Again, as I keep saying he blows smoke up the presses arse to keep unnecessary articles and unrealistic expectations away from us. 

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

50/50 is too much. Imagine he eventually goes for £10M and we have to hand over half... :( 

I'd go 750k up front, 250-300k performance related add-ons, and 20% sell-on. 

Then we'd make a £4.25m profit on an outstanding player whose services we got in the meantime. . .

I'd do £500k, £300k performance add on, 30% sell-on fee, and Everton retain right of first refusal.

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

20 posts and you put that up?  Something smells green here.

No arguing with a posts counter! Use your obviously fertile imagination to guess why my post count might be low.

(And don’t for a moment address the topic under discussion.)

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not if we spend the money we have. 

We will be- on Conservative estimates be  about £6m better off this season than last season. 

If we spend £3m more than last season we won't be in debt. 

Don’t we still owe Budge around 3m?

12 minutes ago, Korky said:

Aye but it’s like owing your mate a tenner or telling the insurance man yer  maws not in this week

August Landmesser
15 minutes ago, Korky said:

20-odd posts, and an expert on the club's finances. 

Seems legit 

18 minutes ago, Korky said:

What’s this ‘we ‘ paleface?

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye but it’s like owing your mate a tenner or telling the insurance man yer  maws not in this week

You seem to have personal experience of this type of thing… :whistling:

TyphoonJambo
21 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You grew up in the same era as me.

1 hour ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

To be honest I think the biggest stumbling block we have with a lot of potential signings isn’t particularly transfer fees but wages. Can pick up some pretty good players on the cheap and even for nothing but it’s competing with teams down south with what we can offer financially even if we offer a bigger playing role. For that reason I’m very surprised we got Cochrane back

Yes

Against that it's how you develop as a player. Hearts and Premiership is a good enough environment for Cochrane to develop.

We can offer that to players too. 

Jack Torrance
3 hours ago, MattyK82 said:

Aye, only if we spent money we don’t have.

Because we have plenty and will continue to do so, that won’t be a problem 😉

81C2F561-7677-4E4C-BE1E-720DAEDAC94D.gif

I heard we had left the heating on and we're paying the window cleaner to come round twice a month, just cos we can.

Edited by Jack Torrance

9 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Can you show me the post, or posts on here where anyone, and I mean anyone, on any thread, said we could close the gap on the arse cheeks in one season?

No I can’t as it was a general summation of my own thoughts and opinion  re what I think our next 5 year plan should be.

If we stopped dropping silly points to the Ross county, Motherwells and Aberdeen’s then we’d be a whole lot closer to the OF. Consistency is a must and injuries mid season blighted us. Hopefully a larger and stronger squad will ensure we pick up another ten points to this years total. Probably shouldn’t have quoted your post as such but hey ho.

We do have fans that are super impatient on all fronts and I’d much rather our progress was slow, deliberate, incremental and permanent than a one season flash in the pan. We should be firmly established as the number one team out with the erse cheeks. Hopefully this is the start of these plans coming to fruition after so many let downs and set backs. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Anyone heard a whisper we are after Hamilton of erm Hamilton? 

Hope so. Big future. 

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Certainly was highly rated. Is out of contract though looks like Hamilton would be owed compensation. Thought our final centre back would have been an experienced one but would not say no to him.

Ccjambo1874
23 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Lee McCulloch a client of the same agency that represents him. Similarly Shankland is also a client. Wouldn't be unlikely there's been a toe dipped in the water at the very least.

19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Certainly was highly rated. Is out of contract though looks like Hamilton would be owed compensation. Thought our final centre back would have been an experienced one but would not say no to him.

Guess we’ve got Halks, Kingsley and Gordon in the back 5/6

johnking123
1 minute ago, CMc said:

Guess we’ve got Halks, Kingsley and Gordon in the back 5/6

Smith can play right Cb too

Batistuta87
27 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Fancied signing him for a while but if we've still to replace Souttar as well then that'd leave us with like six centre backs in the squad and is that too many?? 

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Defo Hobo 🤣

Place is knee deep in Hobos and a few circus clowns who like to do an impression of victor meldrew

Edited by OldGorgie

Dick Dastardly
6 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Shankland came on as a second half sub in pre season friendly for Beershot.

Just saying.

Did he score? 

RustyRightPeg
19 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Just saying.

So did Doidge for hibs today but he’s been told he can leave if the right price comes in.

just saying 

12 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

they won 4-0 and he didn't score any.

Useless.

Just like most of his games for them then.

Or maybe he is thinking if I look pish they will punt me

Dick Dastardly
16 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

they won 4-0 and he didn't score any.

Useless.

That's it then, time to move on to another target 🎯 😂😂

53 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Just saying.

Obviously not the first choice striker then 👍

Batistuta87
3 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Then we'd make a £4.25m profit on an outstanding player whose services we got in the meantime. . .

I'd do £500k, £300k performance add on, 30% sell-on fee, and Everton retain right of first refusal.

Of course that's still good but to voluntarily offer that into the deal would be irresponsible I think. 30% max. Like I say any more is pretty much unheard of.

I'd be happy with your suggestion. Somewhere around £1M-£1.5M total outlay with a sell-on should be enough to tempt them into selling. I wonder about wages though because if he's on the suggested £8K pw then you'd think we're going to be miles apart in that sense.

2 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

No I can’t as it was a general summation of my own thoughts and opinion  re what I think our next 5 year plan should be.

If we stopped dropping silly points to the Ross county, Motherwells and Aberdeen’s then we’d be a whole lot closer to the OF. Consistency is a must and injuries mid season blighted us. Hopefully a larger and stronger squad will ensure we pick up another ten points to this years total. Probably shouldn’t have quoted your post as such but hey ho.

We do have fans that are super impatient on all fronts and I’d much rather our progress was slow, deliberate, incremental and permanent than a one season flash in the pan. We should be firmly established as the number one team out with the erse cheeks. Hopefully this is the start of these plans coming to fruition after so many let downs and set backs. 

I agree, it will take at least 3 or 4 seasons to close the points gap significantly. That will need some very good recruitment along the way, and a realisation that we must set our sights high, if we are to achieve it.

Edited by innerjambo

41 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

So did Doidge for hibs today but he’s been told he can leave if the right price comes in.

just saying 

I’d actually take him as a back up. Wouldn’t pay anything for him obviously. Tin hat time.

RustyRightPeg
14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d actually take him as a back up. Wouldn’t pay anything for him obviously. Tin hat time.

brave

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Depending on how our new signings look in training the need for a “Souttar replacement” per se may change.

Neilson may look the digs bollocks. Sobbick may be flying.

Who knows?

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

brave

Had a really good first season. Less so second season. Permanently in the treatment room last season. 29, at his peak. Get him right and he could get double figures with enough game time

RustyRightPeg
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Had a really good first season. Less so second season. Permanently in the treatment room last season. 29, at his peak. Get him right and he could get double figures with enough game time

Dont start we just got past the Boyle pish yesterday 😂

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Checks.

Thread remains a car crash.

Leaves.

See last poster, GK, agrees and leaves.

Mr Elwood P
34 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I agree, it will take at least 3 or 4 seasons to close the points gap significantly. That will need some very good recruitment along the way, and a realisation that we must set our sights high, if we are to achieve it.

Where are we going to get the funds from? Celtic have Champions League money ...

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Smith can play right Cb too

Smith and Sibbick do seem like the immediate answer at right back, with Neilson in the mix too.

All a downgrade from Souttar obviously…

36 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Dont start we just got past the Boyle pish yesterday 😂

Boyle would be a no brainer but never happening

23 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Where are we going to get the funds from? Celtic have Champions League money ...

From finishing 3rd every season, and getting to the Europa group stages. And then eventually, doing a Leicester 😎

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

From finishing 3rd every season, and getting to the Europa group stages. And then eventually, doing a Leicester 😎

That opens up a gap over Aberdeen and Hibs. It does nothing to address the issue. If Celtic are in Champions League and Rangers get to the later stages of the Europa League the gap becomes bigger. We really need incredible recruitment or an incredible batch of academy players to make the holy grail a reality ...

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***