*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Just now, HMFC_France said:

For those who can't speak french, it says that D'amour just signed for french team Versailles who plays in third tier. 

You beat me too it HMFC France 🇫🇷 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, CMc said:

If he is surplus at Everton, we might have convinced them that a wee showcase in Europe with a big sell on fee could lead to a better return than loans for ever and a shortened contract? 

Hope so I think I read some thing about new rules to prevent clubs for hoarding and perms a fly loaning players too so may be that is a factor also

Portable Badger
1 minute ago, HMFC_France said:

For those who can't speak french, it says that D'amour just signed for french team Versailles who plays in third tier. 

There is a God after all !!!

1 minute ago, HMFC_France said:

Glad we can finally close that book because it was hard going and the ending was a total disappointment after what promised to be a good read on the blurb 

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Hope so I think I read some thing about new rules to prevent clubs for hoarding and perms a fly loaning players too so may be that is a factor also

permanently I meant not perms a fly 😄 

jamboinglasgow

Finally, I dont blame Damour, we should never have given him a 4 year contract. The last of the big contract mistakes of Levein's time gone.

If what people on here say is true then it has freed up a lot of money from his wages. 

RustyRightPeg

Been a busy guy the last few days so not really dropped in but seems encouraging. 

Delighted we got Cochrane over the line. Really solid signing with great potential

We haven't actually improved the squad yet, even if we get Simms we are just back where we were last season.

Unless Rowles is better than Souter that is. Forrest give is an extra option but I doubt he is a vast improvement.

Expecting a couple of Beni/Simms quality before the end of the window.

19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Finally, I dont blame Damour, we should never have given him a 4 year contract. The last of the big contract mistakes of Levein's time gone.

If what people on here say is true then it has freed up a lot of money from his wages. 

No doubt he got a handsome payoff as part of the deal though eh!!

I think there is new rules coming into the epl this coming season. which limits the amount of players they have out on loan over the age of 21. That might mean they sell a good few players if they don't think they will make the cut at this point. Just my opinion but that might make players like simms slightly more accessible than in previous year

If Simms comes back ( big if ) he will bang in 20+ I reckon.The guy is just going to go from strength to strength.Comes here in a couple of seasons he is going to be a £10m striker.If it is not us and Everton don't keep him someone is going to reap the rewards from him pretty soon.

SM Sheffield
14 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

McGeady I'm afraid is a top signing for the Hibs. Somebody had to say it 

McGeady was terrible 5 years ago at Hillsborough and now he is 36. If we are worried about him there is something seriously wrong

AllyjamboDerbyshire
8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So its either Shankland or Simms, not both. I was thinking we will try and get both.I presume we will be looking for another striker if we sign either (could see us go down a loan option for that.)

I'd be surprised, but delighted, if we sign both on permanent deals (surprised and delighted if we are in a position even to consider it) but I think, with no suggestion of any knowledge whatsoever, that to get both of them, Simms would have to be a loan deal with Shankland the only one of them we pay a transfer fee for. I say this purely on the assumption that Simms would cost us millions in terms of transfer fee and wages, and despite the optimistic estimates of multiple millions in our coffers, it would mean a lowering of the standard of player we could expect for other equally important positions that we need to improve on. Hopefully I'm wrong and we see, for the first time in a great many years, two quality out and out strikers, in maroon, on the pitch at the same time.

Aussie Jambo
36 minutes ago, CMc said:

And arguably his performance the week before was even better. He absolutely battered their back line and drew their back line all over the place to make space for everyone else. 

Looked like bees chasing the bear that stole their hive. 

100%. He does that for fun. Rangers game another example. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We haven't actually improved the squad yet, even if we get Simms we are just back where we were last season.

Unless Rowles is better than Souter that is. Forrest give is an extra option but I doubt he is a vast improvement.

While it will be some coup if Rowles can even match Souttar for ability, the fact that he is very likely to be able to take the field more often than Souttar was would surely constitute an improvement over the course of the season (unless he's measurably behind Souttar's quality).

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

While it will be some coup if Rowles can even match Souttar for ability, the fact that he is very likely to be able to take the field more often than Souttar was would surely constitute an improvement over the course of the season (unless he's measurably behind Souttar's quality).

Rowles is going to the World Cup, Souttar is not. Rowles has ability.

I believe he will only get better at Hearts.

pettigrewsstylist
43 minutes ago, HMFC_France said:

Thats a wages budget boost in terms of running costs.

Appreciate it’s off topic but both St Johnstone and Hibs are at Edinburgh airport this morning.
St J in Costa, Hibs All Bar One.

Chatted with Calum Davidson, seems a decent guy. 
Some right schemie looking ****s in the Hibs party. 

The Wrinkly Ninja
4 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Appreciate it’s off topic but both St Johnstone and Hibs are at Edinburgh airport this morning.

Is it definitely the Hibs squad?

Ive been to Glasgow airport before and thought both Rangers and Celtic have been passing through but it turned out just to be planeloads of bams wearing tracksuits.

26 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

No doubt he got a handsome payoff as part of the deal though eh!!

I don't think HMFC would reward him to that extent.

He has sat tight for a couple of seasons now and if the alternative was for him to be out of the game for yet another season (at 31 years old) his hopes of a decent offer elsewhere would seriously diminish.  No doubt he will have received some compo but I cannot believe we would pay up his contract in full.  Doing that would encourage other disaffected players to use the same tactics.

Just now, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

yep definitely first team.
Recognised Marshall, Hanlon, Doig, Porteous and Cadden

erskinehearts
3 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Ive been to Glasgow airport before and thought both Rangers and Celtic have been passing through but it turned out just to be planeloads of bams wearing tracksuits.

i work at glasgow airport and that’s a pretty accurate description 😂😂

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, CMc said:

Got to be the latter. We don't need 6 forwards.

RCB, Midfielder, AM/winger would be my guess.

Yeah, we might be a bit light in midfield until Beni is back and we could definitely do with someone to take a bit of the pressure off McKay. This rumour/itk story about Simms could be absolutely amazing, if true. 

56 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Damour gone 😊Screenshot_20220626-085326_Twitter.thumb.jpg.dfbef2f2c2951a69cf1a37b702d1deac.jpg

Screenshot_20220626-085312_Twitter.jpg

I’m taking time out my Sunday morning to thank Loic for all his hard work, dedication and commitment to the team during his wonderful stay in Edinburgh and wish him all the best in the future 😩

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

What would Simms cost?

£1.5 transfer fee?  £10-15k per week?

I've no doubt that if he picked up where he left off and continued to develop, with some Euro games thrown in, we've got a £5-8m player in a year or so.

Deal or no deal, Jambos?

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

At least one more forward, a right sided centre back, and a competent backup goal keeper at the very least

Yeah, that seems pretty sensible. We could probably go with what we have in defence but I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we managed to find a genuine Souttar level replacement. 

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I don't think HMFC would reward him to that extent.

He has sat tight for a couple of seasons now and if the alternative was for him to be out of the game for yet another season (at 31 years old) his hopes of a decent offer elsewhere would seriously diminish.  No doubt he will have received some compo but I cannot believe we would pay up his contract in full.  Doing that would encourage other disaffected players to use the same tactics.

I hope so too, but in any case, it's been a very costly mistake.

LarrysRightFoot

I can’t remember who it was but someone suggested we were are Troy Parrot from Spurs - is there anything in this or was/is it him or Simms? 

The little I’ve seen of Parrot him and Simms together could be a very good strikeforce. 

Damour out and Cochrane in is a very good weekends work so far. 

Just a wee thing about the squad improvement discussion….I reckon a few of our players will have learned from their first season with us and we will see some big improvements from the likes of Atkinson, Devlin, Sibbick and Cochrane. They’ve all done well so far but the best is definitely yet to come from them. It’s an exciting time at the club and there will be some more additions that bolster and improve things too. 

41 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Spot on.

A lot of work still to be done! Solid and unspectacular work done so far. 

2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I can’t remember who it was but someone suggested we were are Troy Parrot from Spurs - is there anything in this or was/is it him or Simms? 

The little I’ve seen of Parrot him and Simms together could be a very good strikeforce. 

You can say that again. There was a lot of squawking at the time, and a few people got their feathers ruffled. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
Just now, innerjambo said:

You can say that again. There was a lot of squawking at the time, and a few people got their feathers ruffled. 

I was as sick as a, erm, Parrot. 

LarrysRightFoot
9 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Not this patter again. You’d think there was a …… in here. 

The Simms chat puts a new angle on the “no official bid” for Shankland line. 

I did wonder if we had done most of the heavy lifting in the deal but we’re waiting to see how some other chips fell. 

We’ve been very industrious at the start of the window. when I saw the quote above in combination with the “Hearts kept ****ing about” quote that was supposed to be from a signing target, I wondered if we have some deals ready to land but are hanging back to see if we can do even better. 

I wonder if Simms and Shankland is in this category?

29 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Hi Name was definitely mentioned. Then descended into 12 pages of puns. Feck searching back through that lot. 

Would also guess if all we have heard is true, Simms and Shankland look like the targets. Guess Parrot would be a loan and could be back up for later in the window. His good showing against Scotland will not have helped our cause. 

Edited by CMc

16 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I hope so too, but in any case, it's been a very costly mistake.

Aye - every club makes them.

In this case we signed a player with experience in the top two divisions in England and had every right to think he'd be a success in Scotland but like many other such imports (eg Ian Wright, Glenn Whelan, Joey Barton and even Aaron Ramsay) he turned out to be dross.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Aye - every club makes them.

In this case we signed a player with experience in the top two divisions in England and had every right to think he'd be a success in Scotland but like many other such imports (eg Ian Wright, Glenn Whelan, Joey Barton and even Aaron Ramsay) he turned out to be dross.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

That won't stop you bringing up Kastaneer and Gnanduillet every time someone praises our current recruitment staff, though, weirdly.

Thankfully the current set-up seems to make far fewer mistakes than the previous one.

55 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

Where were they off to?

56 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

I was in the tech shop buying earphones as forgot to pack mine.

Asking for earphone advice next to me was Lewis Stevenson.

That's all the anecdotes I have I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, cocobeab said:

51 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

yep definitely first team.
Recognised Marshall, Hanlon, Doig, Porteous and Cadden

So @cocobeab was correct then there was some right schemie looking ****s in the party 👍

4 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

That won't stop you bringing up Kastaneer and Gnanduillet every time someone praises our current recruitment staff, though, weirdly.

Thankfully the current set-up seems to make far fewer mistakes than the previous one.

Oh, I've struck a nerve.  The only thing weird is you trying to troll.

When I bring up K and G, it merely emphasises the point that everyone makes mistakes - with hindsight.

FWIW I think the current set-up is much better and so it should be with the additions of Brown and Lancefield to our scouting team, not to mention our better financial resources.

9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If we get Simms I won't give a flying feck who else we sign in this window. The guy is the best all-round striker we've had since Bednar.

If we get Simms that’s not an improvement in our goal scoring threat though. It restores it to exactly what it was last season.

Also we haven’t YET improved the defensive line from what it was. We’ve signed an apparently very good left sided centre back when we already had a very good one. We’ve still got a gaping hole where Souttar would be

Cochrane isn’t an improvement. Neilson probably isn’t ready and Forrest is a mebbes aye mebbes naw signing.

Were miles short of being able to sit with a satisfied grin knowing we’ve improved the squad. We simply haven’t yet. Probably haven’t scratched the surface if we’re honest

john thomas
7 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

We now have a dedicated recruitment team in place . Don't think we were the only club to be a bit slow putting this in place .

Of course there will be less  signings who fail but there is a risk with any signing . 

Previous signing policy was much less (not at all) forensic (?) in identifying players .

Did sign a few good ones though

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Rowles is going to the World Cup, Souttar is not. Rowles has ability.

I believe he will only get better at Hearts.

I am absolutely certain Rowles has ability - whether or not he's going to the World Cup - but he's only recently reached a level to play for Hearts, while Souttar, without his horrendous injury record, would have been at a much higher level than even TRFC by now, so Rowles has some convincing to do for us to be able to say we've got a new Souttar or an even better player. It goes without saying that I hope he'll prove you right, though, but we've had too many false dawns from 'stars' we'd never heard of before for me to assume he'll be great just because he's going to the World Cup Finals.

For clarity, from what I've read, and what little I've seen of him playing online, I do think he'll be a great signing for us, and that if he stays fit, he will be as, if not more, important to us over the course of the season than the injury hit John Souttar we had last season (and previous ones).

17 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Where were they off to?

Hibs to Portugal not sure about St Johnstone.

Just checked online and St Johnstone are off to Murcia Spain for 5 days.

Edited by wavydavy

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***