• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Good cover down left.   Rowles, Kingsley, Cochrane can all play LCB, LB or LWB.    Obviously one is better than the others at a particular position.    

Almost the same on the right except Atkinson I wouldn't fancy at RCB.   

Decent cover.    Just need a goalie.   Hopefully a quality RCB. 

Atkinson/Smith

Sibbick/new RCB

Halkett/ Neilson,

Kingsley/Rowles

Cochrane /GMS/Halliday 

GMS can be an attacking LWB if Cochrane can't cut the mustard in a shite game.    

Edited by HMFC01

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Don't shoot me down as I'm by  no means in the know but I've just had contact with  a m8 who has been spot on with a few signings over  the last  couple of years and he's told me we have a great shout of getting Simms back . Basically letting me know cause I've been very vocal in giving us zero chance of getting him back as previous post will confirm.

He seems very bullish about it  which isn't really like him tbh. Time will tell but its got me excited anyway, lol 

I hope your mates right, we’re desperately short up front, Simms Shankland and Boyce would be some front 3, but so far we have Boyce and if the other two are non starters Savage and co need to work some magic in the next couple of weeks.

• Moderators

If you want to talk about Mcgeady then please do it on the non Hearts transfer thread. 

Thanks

The Black Prince
13 hours ago, Herbert. said:

You got any decent keepers over there? I'm getting scared with all this Jamie macdonald chat 😬

Millions. We're very good at breeding keepers. It's strikers we can't do.

But you've already reached your Aussie quota with three. 

The Black Prince

Just out of interest, has Atkinson played further up the park at all for Hearts? He was occasionally used as a right midfield/winger at his Melbourne City club and did really well. Great crosser and plays some very intelligent balls through the channels.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Don't shoot me down as I'm by  no means in the know but I've just had contact with  a m8 who has been spot on with a few signings over  the last  couple of years and he's told me we have a great shout of getting Simms back . Basically letting me know cause I've been very vocal in giving us zero chance of getting him back as previous post will confirm.

He seems very bullish about it  which isn't really like him tbh. Time will tell but its got me excited anyway, lol 

That would be splendid. The options he gives us are huge. Boyce, Gino, Shankland if we get him could all play off him

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

Just out of interest, has Atkinson played further up the park at all for Hearts? He was occasionally used as a right midfield/winger at his Melbourne City club and did really well. Great crosser and plays some very intelligent balls through the channels.

Aye when we play a 3-4-3 

Dick Dastardly
20 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

I think he would be a cracking right sided attacker. He seems to like to cut inside as well. 

Aussie Jambo
25 minutes ago, JKBMod 3 said:

If you want to talk about Mcgeady then please do it on the non Hearts transfer thread. 

Thanks

👏👏

WelldocumentedMadAfricanparadiseflycatch

Glad we got Cochrane permanent. I think we will as our song goes ‘our defence is as strong as the old castle rock’. 

35 minutes ago, Hansel said:

If Simm signs I'll be like

funny-cool.gif

Permanently and I'll be doing cartwheels for the next 3 months. 

41 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I think he would be a cracking right sided attacker. He seems to like to cut inside as well. 

If Smith is back to 100%, I'd like to see Atkinson played in front of him. Obviously Smith excels at the defensive end of the game, where as Atkinson is more attack orientated. The two together could be a really good combination down that right side. 

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Gladly be proven wrong, but I don't think Smith has enough pace to keep up with even the worst wingers in the league anymore. There's only so far that being able to read the game will take you.

should be fine against lesbian face when we play hibs though

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Gladly be proven wrong, but I don't think Smith has enough pace to keep up with even the worst wingers in the league anymore. There's only so far that being able to read the game will take you.

We'll see, always felt like Smith has lacked much going forward but his stats (attacking wise) are reasonable. It doesn't really make much sense to me because watching him not beat a man and constantly pass the ball back because he doesn't have the pace to take a man on should mean his attacking stats are crap, but they're average (average in a good way for a defensive minded fullback). Perhaps Robbie can come up with something that works for both players. Think Atkinson has a bad habit of losing the ball in dangerous areas because he's trying to drive the ball out of defence. 

Both good players in their own right, just different limitations. 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

They should implant a chip in Atkinson's brain. Every time he goes to ping a cross field ball - invariably to an opposition attacking midfielder - Neilson taps a wee button scrambles a few receptors and angles Natty's foot to instead play the ball up the wing.

christ, if we have Neilson controlling him the ball will end up in the stands most of the time!

Ramrod's mate is spot on, info I had a wee while ago was pretty similar. 

"The chance of Simms being a hearts player has had a massive boost in our favour and chance for his long-term future to be with Hearts."

"Shankland deal is pretty much ready, but the simms deal has now got all of our attention, LS will be done if Simms doesn't,  and the figures are there or thereabouts for him also. But won't be considered or decided on until other priorities are done and budgeted"

We_are_the_Hearts

Cochrane is better than Doig, great defender but has to improve going forward. At 22 and his first full season last year going to have a great player on the books. 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

"The chance of Simms being a hearts player has had a massive boost in our favour and chance for his long-term future to be with Hearts."

"Shankland deal is pretty much ready, but the simms deal has now got all of our attention, LS will be done if Simms doesn't,  and the figures are there or thereabouts for him also. But won't be considered or decided on until other priorities are done and budgeted"

So its either Shankland or Simms, not both. I was thinking we will try and get both.I presume we will be looking for another striker if we sign either (could see us go down a loan option for that.)

8 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

:clumshot:

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

So its either Shankland or Simms, not both. I was thinking we will try and get both.I presume we will be looking for another striker if we sign either (could see us go down a loan option for that.)

It might be both - depending on how other signings pan out and overall finances.

I guess the last bit means Hickey and/or what we have to pay to get other priorities here.

That being said I think Simms and Shankland are a priority. They could be dynamite together.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If we get Simms I won't give a flying feck who else we sign in this window. The guy is the best all-round striker we've had since Bednar.

We've got a solid defensive base but need a couple of aces further forward. Simms and a rapid creative #10 playing off him with McKay as playmaker would be the bizz. 

FarmerTweedy
On 24/06/2022 at 15:56, KyleLafferty said:

More spaced out games last year, another year older. Playing 3 games a week with plenty travelling. Plus we need to start looking to the future.

How will he be playing 3 games a week?  We won't be playing him in the B team as well as the first team.

23 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It might be both - depending on how other signings pan out and overall finances.

I guess the last bit means Hickey and/or what we have to pay to get other priorities here.

That being said I think Simms and Shankland are a priority. They could be dynamite together.

This is what I took from it, I just  copy + pasted the exact message i got. So I can see it being taken different ways from different people.  But then again I've had these kinda texts for years so I'm quite certain you are spot on with your comment.

Hickey money isn't budgeted for, and if it happens it won't top up our budget until next summer unless we have a real injury crisis in winter window.

FarmerTweedy
On 24/06/2022 at 16:48, Sooks said:

Concentration levels and reactions drop as we get older 

Fernando Alonso will be 41 next month and arguably needs higher concentration levels and faster reactions than Craig Gordon needs! He's fine for at least a couple more seasons as long as he doesn't pick up a serious injury. 

Personally, I think at the very least he'll be looking to keep going till summer 2024 with a view to playing at the European Championships if Scotland qualify. 

8 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Not based on what I saw last season. He's a good solid defender but not up to standard in the opposition's half. Have no issues with his signinig, we need a good squad afterall but as a starting 11 for the bigger games we need better imo.

Got to agree with this. Get him at left back with Kingsley in front of him. Very solid player. 

Welcome back Mr Cochrane, you were a very reliable and solid player for us last season, quite happy about this one tbh, I sincerely hope the Simms rumours are true as I think he would be a brilliant capture if we could pull it off.

6 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If we signed Simms, shankland and retained Boyce that's as strong an spfl frontline any teams had since about 2006. Out with the uglies anyway.

Dick Dastardly
6 hours ago, OTT said:

If Smith is back to 100%, I'd like to see Atkinson played in front of him. Obviously Smith excels at the defensive end of the game, where as Atkinson is more attack orientated. The two together could be a really good combination down that right side. 

It could definitely be an option to try in certain games. 

Everton are in a mess with FFP and need to raise some significant sales before 30th June and have received no bids yet for their 2 biggest assets (DCC / Richarlison). I'd be surprised if they have already made Simms surplus to requirements given that situation and they've probably not returned to pre season. And even if they have deemed he can got I'd have thought they'd hock him to the highest bidder (wages or fee)which isn't likely to be us. Would love to see him back but logically can't see any reasons for optimism.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Simms and Shankland and I'll be :jambobanana:

Would have the scope to be the best front two since Bednar and Janny. 

We often struggle to get one good striker into the team. Those two at the same time would be class. With a reduced workload for Boyce, would expect him to contribute at his best levels as well. 

Get it will be a long shot to execute, but an exciting prospect nonetheless. 

1 minute ago, CMc said:

Would have the scope to be the best front two since Bednar and Janny. 

We often struggle to get one good striker into the team. Those two at the same time would be class. With a reduced workload for Boyce, would expect him to contribute at his best levels as well. 

Get it will be a long shot to execute, but an exciting prospect nonetheless. 

With all these additional European games I would expect to see a fair amount of rotation. I still expect us to sign at least a further three on top of Simms and Shankland. 

Dick Dastardly
33 minutes ago, Deevers said:

With all these additional European games I would expect to see a fair amount of rotation. I still expect us to sign at least a further three on top of Simms and Shankland. 

3 players in general or 3 forwards? 

3 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Got to be the latter. We don't need 6 forwards.

RCB, Midfielder, AM/winger would be my guess.

I hope we learn from last season, and have at least 2 strikers in. We were a bit short to say the least in that department, with Hendo out on loan and Gnando leaving. Don't be in that position again please Hearts!!

25 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

At least one more forward, a right sided centre back, and a competent backup goal keeper at the very least.

Edited by Deevers

Aussie Jambo

😍I really hope he comes back. This is up with some of the great goals vs the hobos. 

200.gif

Fxxx the SPFL

Would love to see Simms back up here but surely he will have to take a significant hit in wages unless we can stick to our wage limit and give him a one off payment to make up the difference lets push the boat out we know what were getting with him.

copa-mundial

Really want the Simms snippets to be true. Getting the kid back would be ace! Look at what he done in half a season up here. A genuine fans favorite. 

If we get Simms & Shankland in, as others have pointed out. Be our best attacking threat since Bednar and Janny. 

The team/squad is shaping up very nicely indeed. 

However. I'd still like to see us get two number 10's in, that can play across the lines in a similar way to Mckay. 

13 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

😍I really hope he comes back. This is up with some of the great goals vs the hobos. 

200.gif

And arguably his performance the week before was even better. He absolutely battered their back line and drew their back line all over the place to make space for everyone else. 

Looked like bees chasing the bear that stole their hive. 

7 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Fernando Alonso will be 41 next month and arguably needs higher concentration levels and faster reactions than Craig Gordon needs! He's fine for at least a couple more seasons as long as he doesn't pick up a serious injury. 

Personally, I think at the very least he'll be looking to keep going till summer 2024 with a view to playing at the European Championships if Scotland qualify. 

Other than the guy making an arse of hi self about being distracted by butterflies or what ever other non sense he blabbering about that I will no longer see as he is now on ignore , no body is saying Craig Gordon is just suddenly going to no longer be able to concentrate enough next season

People we’re discussing Craigs fantastic fitness levels and chatting about how well he has done to keep him self fit enough to play top level football at an advanced age for a player , the conversation ventured in to how it is different for a keeper to an out field player

I then mentioned that concentration levels decrease as we get older and that this is some thing keepers have cited as an important part of their job being able to concentrate properly for long periods where you don’t see any action …………. I could find and post a few articles on it that I have read previously but I was not about to do that in reply to a guy who tries to talk down to every one despite clearly not being very bright him self . Some one like your self who enters in to normal conversation with out trying to be a total dick , then that is fine

Concentration levels do decrease as we get older and that is just a fact but it varies from individual to individual and for all we know Craig may suffer from it less than others , but if it was not a factor then you would not see keepers talking about it

14 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Would love to see Simms back up here but surely he will have to take a significant hit in wages unless we can stick to our wage limit and give him a one off payment to make up the difference lets push the boat out we know what were getting with him.

If he is surplus at Everton, we might have convinced them that a wee showcase in Europe with a big sell on fee could lead to a better return than loans for ever and a shortened contract? 

HMFC_France

For those who can't speak french, it says that D'amour just signed for french team Versailles who plays in third tier. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***