*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If we where looking the likes of Andy Carroll to add top level experience, then we'd be better going for Jack Wilshere. 

He's on 5k a week at at AGF, out of contract soon and Cardiff are looking at him. 

Disclaimer - nae chance of either, but Wilshere is one that on current salary and career trajectory could be worth enquiring about. 

I think we are best to steer well clear of any of those sort of players. Rather have a young guy eager to show what he can do than some has been that is only interested in how much cash they can add to their pension pot and spend half their life on the treatment table.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think we are best to steer well clear of any of those sort of players. Rather have a young guy eager to show what he can do than some has been that is only interested in how much cash they can add to their pension pot and spend half their life on the treatment table.

Generally agree. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Andy Carroll and Jack Wilshire. This place honestly 

Wilshere is on £5k a week in Denmark atm, so although not in line with our signing policy, he's hardly beyond our reach if we were looking at him( which I agree we're not)

Bob also said he did want a couple of players with European experience. 😎

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Exactly.
The kind of has beens that the old regime would sign, thankfully those days are long gone. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly.
The kind of has beens that the old regime would sign, thankfully those days are long gone. 

👍

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly.

We've never signed a player of Wilshere's status, maybe Jankauskas, Fyssas? 

Both were very good. 

Whelan, Naismith, Damour, Berra, Hughes - all the older players signed recently aren't in the same bracket. 

Mr Elwood P
19 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Agreed, but hes played 14 time since Jan for AGF. 

A fully fit and motivated Wilshere with no injury problems would probably be outwith our reach. 

This Wilshere would seem to be in our price range, still stroll this league but would need to be used sparingly. 

Simms

Forrest wilshere McKay 

Devlin grant

With Boyce to replace him when he's knackered 🤣🤣 or vice versa. 

He's on £5k a week and out of contract at AGF soon. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/assets/fonts/the-sun/TheSun-Bold.woff2

Absolutely not.

Budget Aaron Ramsey.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Absolutely not.

Budget Aaron Ramsey.

Probably outwith our budget as well if Cardiff are sniffing about. 

Wiltshire has no knees and has clocked up far too many fags and injuries to be worth a punt. 

Boy was as absolute baller in his youth. That was a a very long time ago. 

14 games and not having his contract renewed is hardly an endorsement. 

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

That is what I was taking from it too

I don't see anything unreasonable in that kind of thought process, either. The longer we can keep him the better. If he has to miss a couple of games against the bottom clubs then fair enough. 

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I didn't think anyone was writing him off, so to speak. I think there was more a worry about him playing two games a week for an extended spell. If we could have a decent back up keeper who could play a few games in that spell it could help prolong his career, in my opinion anyway. 

Did Sevco not have a policy last year of playing McGregor in Europe and McLaughlin in domestic games, or something like that? Not saying we would do that, but having a decent backup who could step in when we have 3 games in a week would be a good idea.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, CMc said:

Wiltshire has no knees and has clocked up far too many fags and injuries to be worth a punt. 

Boy was as absolute baller in his youth. That was a a very long time ago. 

14 games and not having his contract renewed is hardly an endorsement. 

Him probably not extending is also due to him wanting more money, moving back to the UK for his family or wanting to move to a club that is competing in Europe and not fighting relegation.. 😎

4 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Did Sevco not have a policy last year of playing McGregor in Europe and McLaughlin in domestic games, or something like that? Not saying we would do that, but having a decent backup who could step in when we have 3 games in a week would be a good idea.

The most famous example was AC Milan who infamously used to keep their ageing super stars for the champions league and biggest domestic games allowing them to play at the highest level far longer

Naisys Tackle
28 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Wilshere is on £5k a week in Denmark atm, so although not in line with our signing policy, he's hardly beyond our reach if we were looking at him( which I agree we're not)

Bob also said he did want a couple of players with European experience. 😎

JW isn't going to kick about Scotland unless it's one of the Glasgow two.  He will probably head off to US or somewhere for loads of cash instead of playing in the pissing rain in dingwall. 

Saw Wilshere playing in a footy addicts game at Waterloo the other week. Pretty surreal but probably not a great indictment of his career. 

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Rangers have done that a few times - play goalies in domestic competitions. 

Dick Dastardly
11 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I think he was their cup keeper but I'm not 100% sure

43 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Absolute money pits, the pair of them!

i wish jj was my dad
48 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

For once, I agree 👍

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

JW isn't going to kick about Scotland unless it's one of the Glasgow two.  He will probably head off to US or somewhere for loads of cash instead of playing in the pissing rain in dingwall. 

I agree. 

This thread has persuaded me to buy football manager for the first time in about 6 years. 

I'll let you know how he works out for us. 😂

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Good post.

Youd expect Aberdeen and Hibs to be closer rivals than they were last year. Normally you’d expect both to be top 6.

The very state of both their squads dictated they needed lots of new players and whilst what they are doing  looks scattergun (Hibs more so than Aberdeen) it’s not impossible to revamp a squad in one season and turn it into an effective top 6 team. We’ve done it ourselves just a season ago.

On paper they still look a bit behind us, but that gap can change. There are several weeks of window still to go. I think it’s important that we start this coming season psychologically ahead of where we were. To do that you need to be able to look at our squad when weve done our business compare it with the business the rivals have done (even though you have no idea if they are going to gel and challenge or just flop) and just start the season thinking (knowing) believing that we’re better than all of them 

The big test in this league is how you cope after the first round of fixtures, you can start well but once teams get a chance to suss out players and formations things can change quickly. Goodwin at least has knowledge of the league and knows teams and managers styles. From. What I hear on Johnson is he’s all out attack flooding the box etc which sounds exciting, however the reality is when you go to a Motherwell as example and they’ve set up to stop you playing and have a long ball game the all out attack sees you take a doing and then it’s stick or twist time. Neilson while criticised at times goes for balance and will take away points I’m not so sure Johnson or Goodwin have enough credit in the bank to get away with that.

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Good post.

Youd expect Aberdeen and Hibs to be closer rivals than they were last year. Normally you’d expect both to be top 6.

The very state of both their squads dictated they needed lots of new players and whilst what they are doing  looks scattergun (Hibs more so than Aberdeen) it’s not impossible to revamp a squad in one season and turn it into an effective top 6 team. We’ve done it ourselves just a season ago.

On paper they still look a bit behind us, but that gap can change. There are several weeks of window still to go. I think it’s important that we start this coming season psychologically ahead of where we were. To do that you need to be able to look at our squad when weve done our business compare it with the business the rivals have done (even though you have no idea if they are going to gel and challenge or just flop) and just start the season thinking (knowing) believing that we’re better than all of them 

Hibs have signed an ancient Aiden McGeady, some guy who only managed 600 minutes in the Portuguese second division last season and have been forced to sign Rocky Bushiri when they didn't want to - I'm shaking in my boots

Naisys Tackle
26 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I agree. 

This thread has persuaded me to buy football manager for the first time in about 6 years. 

I'll let you know how he works out for us. 😂

Good luck pal :lol: 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

When signing players, you will probably looking at what the group looks like and what fits it, in terms of motivation and leadership 

Jack Wilshire :rofl:

This place has lost it's mind.

The guys made of sugar glass and people think he could play in our league?

He wouldn't last 45 minutes.

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

3pm tomorrow,  double scarves above head 😃

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, db211833 said:

3pm tomorrow,  double scarves above head 😃

5pm, due to flights. 

7 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Jack Wilshire :rofl:

This place has lost it's mind.

The guys made of sugar glass and people think he could play in our league?

He wouldn't last 45 minutes.

You're probably right but I'd chance a bet that he'd be more use than Woodburn was.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, RDSK said:

Saw Wilshere playing in a footy addicts game at Waterloo the other week. Pretty surreal but probably not a great indictment of his career. 

He's on talksport on Thursday drive programme. Was talking about playing in kick about with Darren Bent and the presenter Andy (some Man U supporter). 

At his best, could have got into anyone's team, but injuries have taken their toll.

hmfc_liam06

I believe we spoke to Sainsbury but if it’s true about a Middle East club in for him then that definitely rules us out.

Rocky jamboa
7 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He's on talksport on Thursday drive programme. Was talking about playing in kick about with Darren Bent and the presenter Andy (some Man U supporter). 

At his best, could have got into anyone's team, but injuries have taken their toll.

....and shitty attitude!

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Exactly the sort of comment I expected when I added my explanation to the bottom of my post. ****ing does my head in.

Tell me though - why do you say this?? Why would they be so unrealistic in your opinion?? 

Wilshere currently only £5k pw in Denmark, if he's not being kept on there then chances are he's going to need to take a small pay cut. Considering the wages he's been on, money is unlikely to be a huge priority and he might just be looking to keep playing at a half decent level. 

Carroll is currently a free agent so is making precisely £0 pw. He was on £1k pw at Reading before moving to WBA. Again, not being renewed, so will probably need to take a pay cut and by taking those low wages at Reading, has also shown that money isn't a priority. 

It's not like anyone has suggested guys who are on £50k pw. Even then Naismith was on £55k pw before taking a massive cut to sign for us. 

Edited by Batistuta87

AlphonseCapone

Wilshire is one of the worst suggestions on this thread and that's quite the indictment. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
16 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I believe we spoke to Sainsbury but if it’s true about a Middle East club in for him then that definitely rules us out.

Depends on his ambitions but equally he’s had a good career and who would blame him for the money and he knows playing in the ME won’t prohibit his international chances.

Naisys Tackle
18 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Exactly the sort of comment I expected when I added my explanation to the bottom of my post. ****ing does my head in.

Tell me though - why do you say this?? Why would they be so unrealistic in your opinion?? 

Wilshere currently only £5k pw in Denmark, if he's not being kept on there then chances are he's going to need to take a small pay cut. Considering the wages he's been on, money is unlikely to be a huge priority and he might just be looking to keep playing at a half decent level. 

Carroll is currently a free agent so is making precisely £0 pw. He was on £1k pw at Reading before moving to WBA. Again, not being renewed, so will probably need to take a pay cut and by taking those low wages at Reading, has also shown that money isn't a priority. 

It's not like anyone has suggested guys who are on £50k pw. Even then Naismith was on £55k pw before taking a massive cut to sign for us. 

Carroll showed at Reading how good a player he still is.  There will be money thrown at him from a Luton or someone down south. 

J.T.F.Robertson
45 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You're probably right but I'd chance a bet that he'd be more use than Woodburn was.

Damned by faint praise. :(

Batistuta87
14 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Carroll showed at Reading how good a player he still is.  There will be money thrown at him from a Luton or someone down south. 

Probably, but like I was saying, I would ask the question if I was in charge. You never know. He's just failed a medical so might be far from strolling into a new club. That's put me off him for us but he's definitely not as far out of our league as some might think. 

Wilshere will be in a similar boat. Not interested in having him at Hearts at all myself but he's definitely not a hugely unrealistic name to bring up. 

Edited by Batistuta87

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

If we get Simms that’s not an improvement in our goal scoring threat though. It restores it to exactly what it was last season.

Also we haven’t YET improved the defensive line from what it was. We’ve signed an apparently very good left sided centre back when we already had a very good one. We’ve still got a gaping hole where Souttar would be

Cochrane isn’t an improvement. Neilson probably isn’t ready and Forrest is a mebbes aye mebbes naw signing.

Were miles short of being able to sit with a satisfied grin knowing we’ve improved the squad. We simply haven’t yet. Probably haven’t scratched the surface if we’re honest

Re the bold bit, I disagree to an extent, Simms only arrived in January and took several weeks to really start motoring. If we get him back, he'll be coming into a familiar place, a familiar league and a familiar squad, and should be able to hit the ground running.  And as he's young, there's a reasonable expectation he'll get better as the season progresses too, so over the season, I do think we'd be better placed than over last season. 

7 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Re the bold bit, I disagree to an extent, Simms only arrived in January and took several weeks to really start motoring. If we get him back, he'll be coming into a familiar place, a familiar league and a familiar squad, and should be able to hit the ground running.  And as he's young, there's a reasonable expectation he'll get better as the season progresses too, so over the season, I do think we'd be better placed than over last season. 

Hi FT , sometimes you have to smell what has been written before replying , we all know this would be a superb signing,no question , let’s hope 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.    🤞🏻.       Ps  …… . FTH 

20 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It’s credit due to Robbie imo that Simms turned into the player he was, he tinkered with the formation, moved Boyce back into a more 10 role and let Simms lead the line and it worked a treat at a time when we really needed a boost.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Got it from here:

Meanwhile, Connor Ronan is about to sign for Aberdeen going by Dave Cormack's Twitter.

15 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Meanwhile, Connor Ronan is about to sign for Aberdeen going by Dave Cormack's Twitter.

Guessing we've turned our attention to Grant anyway, whether that's down to money or what 🤷‍♂️

Rick Sanchez

I think Grant will be playing the 10, or challenging Boyce anyway.

We'll need another recruit in centre mid.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***