*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, ArcticJambo said:

Better still you can do it grass me up. There's a good boy. :thumbsup:

Grass, what a cracking reply

How many games did Cochrane play  last season and you slaver absolute shite about a squad player ?? though i did have a wee chuckle at you 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It was Cochrane's first full professional level season and he did better than just cope well. Him being settled up here will help him improve. 

Good post and I’m delighted he’s become a full Jambo.

ArcticJambo
2 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

Grass, what a cracking reply

How many games did Cochrane play  last season and you slaver absolute shite about a squad player ?? though i did have a wee chuckle at you 

If we're going three at the back he's a limited wing back, that's my point, and that's the conversation I had with two other posters I just had a we tete a tete with. Do keep up.  :thumbsup:

Edited by ArcticJambo

Just now, ArcticJambo said:

If we're going three at the back he's a limited wing back, gthat's my point, and that's the conversation I had with two other posters I just had a we tete a tete. Do keep up.  :thumbsup:

No interesting enough for me to keep up after the pish you post , squad player, aye, bye 

15 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Agree with both of you. Squad player that knows the ropes, with potential to grow. Nothing more, really.

Can only assume you didn’t see him last season or were asleep during the games. He’s always eager to push forward and support the forwards. 

Edited by OldGorgie

ArcticJambo
Just now, SCFHearts said:

No interesting enough for me to keep up after the pish you post , squad player, aye, bye 

jog on then!

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Agree with both of you. Squad player that knows the ropes, with potential to grow. Nothing more, really.

Spot on all three of you. 

ArcticJambo
1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Can only assume toy didn’t see him last season. He’s always eager to push forward and support the forwards. 

Which is fine but as I've said I think he's limited in an attacking sense, and if he's to be a wingback (mainly) I feel we need something more than him in their half of the pitch.  Lets hope he improves in that department this season.

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, ArcticJambo said:

Which is fine but as I've said I think he's limited in an attacking sense, and if he's to be a wingback (mainly) I feel we need something more than him in their half of the pitch.  Lets hope he improves in that department this season.

Can’t disagree with any of that. He’s a good lad and still lots to learn. He has proved already though that he can get into the box and score a goal or 2. 

colinmaroon
4 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

His only limitation in an attacking sense is that he is one-paced.

Reasonable to Good crosser of the ball.

Seems to have cool head in front of goal.

Needs to find ways round lack of burst of speed and a lot depends on one twos to get behind defender and get cross away.

Assuming Grant will be next 

The Connor Ronan chat has gone quiet since we and Aberdeen were linked with him last week 

I Think their chairmen said they are in for Mcgrath and Ronan 

The Dons are certainly backing Goodwin If they get both of them in 

6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Can’t disagree with any of that. He’s a good lad and still lots to learn. He has proved already though that he can get into the box and score a goal or 2. 

Or 3. 

ArcticJambo
2 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

His only limitation in an attacking sense is that he is one-paced.

Reasonable to Good crosser of the ball.

Seems to have cool head in front of goal.

Needs to find ways round lack of burst of speed and a lot depends on one twos to get behind defender and get cross away.

All fair enough, although I think his passing isn't quite good enough (well, that's what I nitially took from his early performances - might have gotten better as season went on but I didn't pay enough attention over teh course). Would be interesting to see what his pass completion %age was.

ArcticJambo
7 minutes ago, Ruuuudy said:

Nice one, brilliant site. Is there a registration/fee required?

Yes, A3 passes aren't great at all at less than 50%. It's probably not such a big deal if he's getting t the byline and putting in good crosses but for me anyway we need someone who can accurately hit players inside if we want to up a level.

john thomas
1 hour ago, Zen Jambo said:

Great signing that will hopefully help us win trophies 

I'm sure that is what you meant

Mr Elwood P
22 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Think you need to look at the big picture mate, last season Cochrane was excellent and was mostly a main stay in the team. For the coming season we have signed Kye Rowles. Halkett will be the centre of our 3 when we play with 3 centre halfs of that there is no doubt. Kye Rowles has been brought here to play and is predominantly left footed so there is no chance he will be playing right centre half and he will slot in at left centre half. Robbie has actively said we are looking for a right centre half so that leaves Kingsley and Cochrane for the left back/wing back role. Unless Kingsley is sold or Cochrane is preferred to Kingsley in the left back/wing back positions then its highly likely Cochrane will be more of a squad player this season.

You better tell Robbie, he's on the BBC saying very different. 

Dick Dastardly
6 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Nice one, brilliant site. Is there a registration/fee required?

Yes, A3 passes aren't great at all at less than 50%. It's probably not such a big deal if he's getting t the byline and putting in good crosses but for me anyway we need someone who can accurately hit players inside if we want to up a level.

I wouldn't believe that site. They know nothing 😉😂😂

Screenshot_20220625_182758_com.android.chrome.jpg

Boyces beard
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

You better tell Robbie, he's on the BBC saying very different. 

Time will tell lets wait and see eh. Robbie said the same about Mackay-Steven and Ginnelly when they signed but i would class them both as squad players last season. Every player will get game time with the hectic schedule we will have but lets see who starts in Europe and in our games against the better teams in the SPL, that will give us a better indication of who Robbie considers to be his best starting 11.

Thomson1874
2 hours ago, One five said:

Damour is away is he not ?

Unfortunately not yet. I believe from some reports it’s a done deal that he would leave the club following his loan deal but nothing has been confirmed yet.

Will be a good day when I can remove his name!

ArcticJambo
13 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I wouldn't believe that site. They know nothing 😉😂😂

Screenshot_20220625_182758_com.android.chrome.jpg

:lol: A wishful-thinking write-up from a Sky Blue?

Thomson1874
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Or Stephen Kingsley ...

True. I can’t see why Neilson would want to move him after his level of performance last season at LCB getting him into the team of the season but at least we know he’s always an option there. 

I can see the argument for him being more effective going forward at LWB but he still contributes a great deal going forward from LCB, especially when Cochrane is also in the team to provide cover when Kingsley goes forward.

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

True. I can’t see why Neilson would want to move him after his level of performance last season at LCB getting him into the team of the season but at least we know he’s always an option there. 

I can see the argument for him being more effective going forward at LWB but he still contributes a great deal going forward from LCB, especially when Cochrane is also in the team to provide cover when Kingsley goes forward.

He might not move him but he's definitely an option for left back or LWB. With him, Cochrane and Halliday we're very well covered for that position.

11 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

Unfortunately not yet. I believe from some reports it’s a done deal that he would leave the club following his loan deal but nothing has been confirmed yet.

Will be a good day when I can remove his name!

Yeah the sooner he goes the better 👍

I wouldn't say no to extensions being announced for Devlin and Beni. Contracts up in 2024. Another year would be nice to make sure the clubs protected. 

Thomson1874

Glad Cochrane has signed on a permanent deal. He’s already proven last season that he’s more than good enough to play at this level, especially considering it was his first full season at first team level. The big thing now is whether or not he can kick on and become a big player for us and potentially net us a transfer fee in future.

Although I slightly agree with other posters that he possibly doesn’t contribute quite enough going forward, he has contributed with a few goals and it can’t be underestimated the relationship he has built with Kingsley and the defensive cover he can provide when Kingsley goes forward. 

Thomson1874
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He might not move him but he's definitely an option for left back or LWB. With him, Cochrane and Halliday we're very well covered for that position.

Absolutely. Also gives us flexibility in terms of different formations we can play. Hopefully we’ll see some good talent coming through in the B team this season as well - would be good to see some players coming through who are comfortable in the wing back role if the three at the back is the preferred formation going forward.

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

McGeady I'm afraid is a top signing for the Hibs. Somebody had to say it 

🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

McGeady was decent in his day but he’s miles past it now 

lost in space
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He had 16 appearances last season for Sooonerlan. 

Arthur Morgan
6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

😐

45 minutes ago, john thomas said:

I'm sure that is what you meant

Yeah. But that was so obvious that it didn’t need to be said. 😁

11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

If Hearts signed a 36 yr old winger who hadn’t played a minutes football since November, this place would go in to meltdown.

2 minutes ago, Papa said:

McGeady is just another plastic paddy and h1b5 are just pandering to their pretentious roots.

Rangers and Hearts get accused of the cousin pish, but I can’t remember one player from either side saying they had an affinity with the other club when signing for them , or some sort of mystical, romantic link?

Won’t sit well with many.   

15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

:notsure:

Phil D. Corners
9 minutes ago, Papa said:

McGeady is just another plastic paddy and h1b5 are just pandering to their pretentious roots.

Perfect match. 🤣

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

McGeady was decent in his day but he’s miles past it now 

He'll have his moments, might win them a game or 2 but over 40-45 games he's a short term signing who'll have limited influence. 

That's if he stays fit. 

17 minutes ago, Thomson1874 said:

Glad Cochrane has signed on a permanent deal. He’s already proven last season that he’s more than good enough to play at this level, especially considering it was his first full season at first team level. The big thing now is whether or not he can kick on and become a big player for us and potentially net us a transfer fee in future.

Although I slightly agree with other posters that he possibly doesn’t contribute quite enough going forward, he has contributed with a few goals and it can’t be underestimated the relationship he has built with Kingsley and the defensive cover he can provide when Kingsley goes forward. 

I think there's two improvements we should be looking to see down the left.

One is that Cochrane should be coached to find better opportunities for a cross instead of cutting back inside so often. Or that he finds a but of something to knock past someone and get further down the line.

The second is that the Kingsley/Cochrane combos could really damage teams if done better. Similar to Tierney and Robertson with Scotland who rotate effectively and make it hard for teams to block.

16 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

You’ve got the bites.Mcgeady is a Tim and a Makem.He’s going to get stick

20 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

McGeady I'm afraid would have been a top signing for the Hibs 10 years ago. Somebody had to say it 

Edited that for you. 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Angel eyes said:

Looks like we’ve missed out on Bale……oh well🤷‍♂️

Los Angeles FC money money money 

26 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

But why you? You an admirer of that traitor ?

Thomson1874
2 minutes ago, TommyC said:

I think there's two improvements we should be looking to see down the left.

One is that Cochrane should be coached to find better opportunities for a cross instead of cutting back inside so often. Or that he finds a but of something to knock past someone and get further down the line.

The second is that the Kingsley/Cochrane combos could really damage teams if done better. Similar to Tierney and Robertson with Scotland who rotate effectively and make it hard for teams to block.

I think as the season went on, Cochrane tended to cut inside more often as opposed to the start of the season where he was getting into the box a bit more. Not sure why that happened, perhaps a confidence thing or not being used to playing so many games etc. 

Considering last season was his first at this level, I think we’ll see a lot more development in his over the next season, and the more he plays LWB the better he will get at the role. I agree though, playing this formation, it’s crucial to get that rotation right on both sides, especially on the left with Kingsley’s ability going forward. 

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

But why you? You an admirer of that traitor ?

I admire him yes that guy can play still got it. Tore us apart last pre season 

Just now, rudi must stay said:

I admire him yes that guy can play still got it. Tore us apart last pre season 

If he "still had it" he wouldn't be going anywhere near our basket case neighbours.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***