• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Tommy Brown
35 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Nobody senior at Hearts in their right mind would read this site.

FFS Frank.  I thought you were Savage.

Or is it just your posts are savage:whistling:

43 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I agree we do but it’s going to mean a change in shape if we’ve to accommodate Boyce MacKay Grant Shankland Simms and Forrest in a starting 11. We’d be playing one holding midfielder and then there’s an issue of who plays when Beni is back between him Harring and Devlin. Not a bad problem to have and of course not a problem as 3 of those aren’t here.

I think Robbie has already said that he will be playing different formations this coming season.

Will Grant be confirmed today, or tomorrow. Like to tidy up loose ends, so we can move on to the next one 😕

11 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Good post.

Youd expect Aberdeen and Hibs to be closer rivals than they were last year. Normally you’d expect both to be top 6.

The very state of both their squads dictated they needed lots of new players and whilst what they are doing  looks scattergun (Hibs more so than Aberdeen) it’s not impossible to revamp a squad in one season and turn it into an effective top 6 team. We’ve done it ourselves just a season ago.

On paper they still look a bit behind us, but that gap can change. There are several weeks of window still to go. I think it’s important that we start this coming season psychologically ahead of where we were. To do that you need to be able to look at our squad when weve done our business compare it with the business the rivals have done (even though you have no idea if they are going to gel and challenge or just flop) and just start the season thinking (knowing) believing that we’re better than all of them 

Not sure I agree with this part. Robbie and savage will be thinking about what we need and trying to get the best on board to improve us.

Why should we be looking at what our rivals are doing? Total distraction away from our own preparation and pointless in my opinion.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Aye - every club makes them.

In this case we signed a player with experience in the top two divisions in England and had every right to think he'd be a success in Scotland but like many other such imports (eg Ian Wright, Glenn Whelan, Joey Barton and even Aaron Ramsay) he turned out to be dross.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

you're right every club does make them ! the problem is Levein made far too many of them

Jambo 4 Ever
16 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Will Grant be confirmed today, or tomorrow. Like to tidy up loose ends, so we can move on to the next one 😕

Staff are probably off today so tomorrow at earliest I’d say 

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

you're right every club does make them ! the problem is Levein made far too many of them

That's true but anyone with common sense would know he, Stendel, MacPhee et al were working with fewer resources behind them (no Brown or Lancefield) and less money (FoH in its infancy, funds directed towards new stand).  That meant they were operating in something near to a basement market and generally you get what you pay for.  Now we are guaranteed money from Europe, higher ST sales leading to higher in-match sales and probably a cut from any Hickey transfer.

Ainsley Harriott
12 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Staff are probably off today so tomorrow at earliest I’d say 

3pm tomorrow,👍

Selkirkhmfc1874
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's true but anyone with common sense would know he, Stendel, MacPhee et al were working with fewer resources behind them (no Brown or Lancefield) and less money (FoH in its infancy, funds directed towards new stand).  That meant they were operating in something near to a basement market and generally you get what you pay for.  Now we are guaranteed money from Europe, higher ST sales leading to higher in-match sales and probably a cut from any Hickey transfer.

Fair point

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

Joe Savage:

In case he’s reading this, tell him what do you really want, for instance specific players you want to sign for Hearts or alert him of out of contract players availability so that he can look at etc

Aiden McAdams (GK) (backup)

Trent Sainsbury (CB) (first 11)

James Penrice (LB) (backup)

Alen Halilovic (AM) (first 11)

Marco Tilio (LW) (rotate / first 11)

Kayky (RW) (loan) (rotate / first 11)

Andy Carroll (ST) (backup / rotate)

Ellis Simms (ST) (first 11)

I know folk have said Sainsbury and others won't be coming anywhere near us etc but if I was in the position, this is who I'd enquire about - just before anyone starts with the drugs and other shite patter.

It's not who I think we'll sign or who we can and can't afford or whatever - It's who I'd be interest in and nothing more. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

They’re different kinds of players. Ronan plays a lot further forward than Levitt. 

Ideally, there is no rather and we get them both. 

I'd rather doesn't say Hearts would. Just a personal choice 

17 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I know folk have said Sainsbury and others won't be coming anywhere near us etc but if I was in the position, this is who I'd enquire about - just before anyone starts with the drugs and other shite patter.

It's not who I think we'll sign or who we can and can't afford or whatever - It's who I'd be interest in and nothing more. 

Some good names there.

I'd take Kayky now (but no chance apart from possible loan), Carroll (if Simms doesn't arrive) and Sainsbury.  Re McAdams I wonder if he'd want to come knowing he's likely to play 2nd fiddle most of the season

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Some good names there.

I'd take Kayky now (but no chance apart from possible loan), Carroll (if Simms doesn't arrive) and Sainsbury.  Re McAdams I wonder if he'd want to come knowing he's likely to play 2nd fiddle most of the season

Andy Carroll just failed a medical on physical and mental grounds. We wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. Some utterly desperate championship club will no doubt roll the dice and pay him 5 figures for the privilege but not us.

Would like Levitt but if we only have enough for Simms or Levitt then personally I would like Simms but then I have seen a lot more of Simms than I have Levitt both would be nice eh

Batistuta87

Some good names there.

Kayky is intended as a loan yeah. European experience, regular game time etc, might be a decent loan for all involved. 

Carroll I think would be an absolute monster up here if he stays fit. A pay as you play thing might be a good idea with high goal bonuses if that's a thing nowadays. 

And with McAdams I think he'd be a very shrewd signing at this stage in his career. He's still only 23, ex-Celtic youth, Scotland U21 Cap, played every game for Ayr in the Championship last season and likely to have plenty suitors next season, but I'd love to snap him up and get him working with CG again. I think he's perfectly capable of developing to a point where he could take over in 1-2y. I also think he's already better that Ross Stewart which is the first thing we need to address. 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Andy Carroll just failed a medical on physical and mental grounds. We wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. Some utterly desperate championship club will no doubt roll the dice and pay him 5 figures for the privilege but not us.

Hadnt seen that, that's a shame. 

33 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Sainsbury was reported to have agreed to sign for a Qatari team a couple of weeks back. Doesn't seem to be official yet but that could be because he's still on holiday.

Horatio Caine
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Sainsbury was reported to have agreed to sign for a Qatari team a couple of weeks back. Doesn't seem to be official yet but that could be because he's still on holiday.

Thought I read somewhere that we have our quota of Aussie players now so he wouldn't be an option.

FarmerTweedy
17 hours ago, WageThief said:

Ok something is wrong here as I think I agree with this.  Is this a stopped clock moment or have I fallen into a severe state of idiocy?

It's great that you're out of the coma but... (and I'm probably not the person who should be breaking this news to you) a lot of years have passed, and it's now 2022!  It's probably going to take you a while to catch up with everything that's happened, and you're going to be utterly gobsmacked when you find out what clown is Prime Minister these days! 

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Been keeping an eye on him and haven't seen anything. Like I say, just ones I'd be enquiring about.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Thought I read somewhere that we have our quota of Aussie players now so he wouldn't be an option.

Is there a quota? Celtic seem to have four Japanese players at the minute. 

9 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Ah, I'd forgotten about the "can't have more than 3 Australians" rule.

Unfortunate but necessary.

Edited by DC_92

Horatio Caine
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I know.  That's what I thought but there was a poster from Oz on here yesterday saying we couldn't sign any more from their league at the moment.

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Ah, I'd forgotten about the "can't have more than 3 Australians" rule.

Unfortunate but necessary.

Any more and they just start fighting  

Edited by Batistuta87

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I know.  That's what I thought but there was a poster from Oz on here yesterday saying we couldn't sign any more from their league at the moment.

Think it was a joke.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

That’s strange, I doubt if the A league would legally be able to stop players from joining any team or would want to. 
The rules on signing players from there don’t seem to back up any quota either. 
I found this quite interesting. 
https://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2022/01/13/brexitball-footballs-scottish-devolution/

Pasquale for King
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Think it was a joke.

We’re going to need a bigger barbie 😜

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Other than the guy making an arse of hi self about being distracted by butterflies or what ever other non sense he blabbering about that I will no longer see as he is now on ignore , no body is saying Craig Gordon is just suddenly going to no longer be able to concentrate enough next season

People we’re discussing Craigs fantastic fitness levels and chatting about how well he has done to keep him self fit enough to play top level football at an advanced age for a player , the conversation ventured in to how it is different for a keeper to an out field player

I then mentioned that concentration levels decrease as we get older and that this is some thing keepers have cited as an important part of their job being able to concentrate properly for long periods where you don’t see any action …………. I could find and post a few articles on it that I have read previously but I was not about to do that in reply to a guy who tries to talk down to every one despite clearly not being very bright him self . Some one like your self who enters in to normal conversation with out trying to be a total dick , then that is fine

Concentration levels do decrease as we get older and that is just a fact but it varies from individual to individual and for all we know Craig may suffer from it less than others , but if it was not a factor then you would not see keepers talking about it

I totally agree with all you say about ageing, etc, but SRB did have a point (although he had a fairly dire way of making it!) that some people did start pretty much completely writing him off as a player within a year or so, when he's only just finished a season where he's been player of the year!  There's no doubt he's in the latter stages of his career, and he won't be able to maintain that level for an awful lot longer but barring serious injury, there's absolutely no reason to believe he doesn't have at least another couple of years left in him as a very good keeper at the very least, even if he's not quite able to maintain the utter excellence he displayed last season! 

31 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I totally agree with all you say about ageing, etc, but SRB did have a point (although he had a fairly dire way of making it!) that some people did start pretty much completely writing him off as a player within a year or so, when he's only just finished a season where he's been player of the year!  There's no doubt he's in the latter stages of his career, and he won't be able to maintain that level for an awful lot longer but barring serious injury, there's absolutely no reason to believe he doesn't have at least another couple of years left in him as a very good keeper at the very least, even if he's not quite able to maintain the utter excellence he displayed last season! 

I definitely think he has a couple of years left in him at least barring some thing extraordinary happening 

Dick Dastardly
36 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I didn't think anyone was writing him off, so to speak. I think there was more a worry about him playing two games a week for an extended spell. If we could have a decent back up keeper who could play a few games in that spell it could help prolong his career, in my opinion anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I didn't think anyone was writing him off, so to speak. I think there was more a worry about him playing two games a week for an extended spell. If we could have a decent back up keeper who could play a few games in that spell it could help prolong his career, in my opinion anyway. 

That is what I was taking from it too

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

First I heard of that.

Do you have a link?

First I heard of that.

Do you have a link?

Was in yesterday's media.Belgian side I think it was Bruges 

Phil D. Corners
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Would be curious what kind of wage Carroll would command just now. 

After earning millions could he be bother to get out of bed up here for a few grand a week?  

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Was in yesterday's media.Belgian side I think it was Bruges 

I found a couple of reports which say he did have physical and mental tests but don't quite say he had failed them.

However the fact that Bruges had gone to that trouble and then rejected him suggests there is something negative at play.  In that case it might be best not to go down that avenue.

I found a couple of reports which say he did have physical and mental tests but don't quite say he had failed them.

However the fact that Bruges had gone to that trouble and then rejected him suggests there is something negative at play.  In that case it might be best not to go down that avenue.

I only read the headline yesterday as it came up in my my news feed.

6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Failing a medical on mental grounds?

Is that basically failing an interview or is he mentally ill or something? Unusual one

Maybe he struggled with person, woman, man, camera, TV… 

Bazzas right boot

If we where looking the likes of Andy Carroll to add top level experience, then we'd be better going for Jack Wilshere. 

He's on 5k a week at at AGF, out of contract soon and Cardiff are looking at him. 

Disclaimer - nae chance of either, but Wilshere is one that on current salary and career trajectory could be worth enquiring about. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Failing a medical on mental grounds?

Is that basically failing an interview or is he mentally ill or something? Unusual one

Nah, 

They thought he'd" live it up" too much. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If we where looking the likes of Andy Carroll to add top level experience, then we'd be better going for Jack Wilshere. 

He's on 5k a week at at AGF, out of contract soon and Cardiff are looking at him. 

Disclaimer - nae chance of either, but Wilshere is one that on current salary and career trajectory could be worth enquiring about. 

Wilshire seems the type of guy who couldn't be ersed and rarely fit.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

But the rules will be different for them.

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Wilshire seems the type of guy who couldn't be ersed and rarely fit.

Agreed, but hes played 14 time since Jan for AGF. 

A fully fit and motivated Wilshere with no injury problems would probably be outwith our reach. 

This Wilshere would seem to be in our price range, still stroll this league but would need to be used sparingly. 

Simms

Forrest wilshere McKay 

Devlin grant

With Boyce to replace him when he's knackered 🤣🤣 or vice versa. 

He's on £5k a week and out of contract at AGF soon. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/assets/fonts/the-sun/TheSun-Bold.woff2

Edited by Bazzas right boot

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***