*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

22 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

All well and good. One or two of those May or may not improve us. 

Id like to see at least  2 signings you can look at and say ‘definite genuine quality which is BETTER than we had’ so far I’m a bit ‘meh’

Last summer was much the same and that turned out alright. For example, few people knew much about Beni or Devlin and even fewer knew if they’d improve us 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

14 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

I see from Hearts Twitter page that Craig Gordon is with the squad.

He must have had 2 weeks holiday at the most, which would have been 1 week at a time, either side of the Scotland games. I'd imagine that would have been his own personal choice to join up with the squad so quickly because he is the skipper and a model professional.

Young kid in the house 

Of course you jump at the chance to get away 🙂

Fxxx the SPFL
23 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

This " ASAP" thing is nonsense. 

Just us fans, being impatient. 

Their arrival whether 2 weeks ago or in two weeks time is irrelevant. 

It's about getting who we want. 

I appreciate that but players need time to bed in the first league game five weeks away 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, **** the SPFL said:

I appreciate that but players need time to bed in the first league game five weeks away 

Did McKay and Devlin need that when they joined? 

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s more about keeping sharp than it is keeping supremely fit for a goalkeeper.

He’ll not be overly effected by a shortish break . Some of the outfield players might have wanted longer than they had just for recovery but that’s the nature of a football season, especially this season with a 5 week World Cup break. It’s actually going to be like 2 short seasons but the first one is going to be taxing on energy stamina and fitness. I think we’ll take at least 5 short term (till January) loans this window

Yes agreed. I just thought he might have spent more time off with his family etc as the other players would have had around 4/5 weeks of a break away from the club. Most of them will have been doing some work on their own to keep a decent level of fitness.

I think we will use the loan market but not to the extent of 5 players. Last season we had Simms, Cochrane, Moore and Woodburn on loan and that was mainly because we had a smaller squad. I reckon our overall number of first team players will rise to 24-25 and this will be made up of more permanent signings and a couple of loans.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Folk on here were melting their breeks when we lost the Sunderland friendly. Absolutely papping it. Did nothing to hurt our season and Devlin and McKay didn’t start until the season had kicked off. I don’t know why these memories of last season seem to fade out whenever a new transfer window starts because it’s the same posters frothing the same rubbish. McKay needed no time to be integrated nor did Devlin etc. it’s day 2 of the training camp , relax for Pete sake

Absolutely. I'm just pointing out that there are clear benefits to getting the players in early. Not sure anyone can disagree with that?

12 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Yes agreed. I just thought he might have spent more time off with his family etc as the other players would have had around 4/5 weeks of a break away from the club. Most of them will have been doing some work on their own to keep a decent level of fitness.

I think we will use the loan market but not to the extent of 5 players. Last season we had Simms, Cochrane, Moore and Woodburn on loan and that was mainly because we had a smaller squad. I reckon our overall number of first team players will rise to 24-25 and this will be made up of more permanent signings and a couple of loans.

Maybe need to pay all of Simms wages this time round 🤔 

6 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Maybe need to pay all of Simms wages this time round 🤔 

No chance.

We’ll look elsewhere if that’s what we’re asked. Simms is decent but let’s be honest, every decent club in the EPL has 4 or 5 of the same standard we could take and develop for minimal outlay

Im not that bothered if we take decent 2nd string EPL strikers on loan. Gives you short term access to players you wouldn’t ordinarily get

I actually think Everton will keep him for this season anyway.

Edited by JimmyCant

Absolute Scenes
22 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Absolutely. I'm just pointing out that there are clear benefits to getting the players in early. Not sure anyone can disagree with that?

It felt more like you were focusing on the importance of it more than just pointing it out. In an ideal world yes, all signings are done day one of the window and all meet up to have a full pre season together. Never happens like that though, the club can only do what they do with transfers, so fast we’ve done okay getting some key positions filled early on. I do agree though that pre season together definitely helps

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

No chance.

We’ll look elsewhere if that’s what we’re asked. Simms is decent but let’s be honest, every decent club in the EPL has 4 or 5 of the same standard we could take and develop for minimal outlay

Im not that bothered if we take decent 2nd string EPL strikers on loan. Gives you short term access to players you wouldn’t ordinarily get

I actually think Everton will keep him for this season anyway.

If there are so many and they are so readily available so cheaply  why don’t more teams go get them ? Why have we never managed to find one before? 

Simms is Worth every penny given he would in my opinion guarantee third and group stage football again .  You are the most risk averse tight arsed posters I’ve ever encountered.  Every penny a prisoner 😂

52 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

All well and good. One or two of those May or may not improve us. 

Id like to see at least  2 signings you can look at and say ‘definite genuine quality which is BETTER than we had’ so far I’m a bit ‘meh’

Would you really know?  Did you know how good Beni, Devlin, even Mackay were going to be?

Dick Dastardly
34 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Folk on here were melting their breeks when we lost the Sunderland friendly. Absolutely papping it. Did nothing to hurt our season and Devlin and McKay didn’t start until the season had kicked off. I don’t know why these memories of last season seem to fade out whenever a new transfer window starts because it’s the same posters frothing the same rubbish. McKay needed no time to be integrated nor did Devlin etc. it’s day 2 of the training camp , relax for Pete sake

McKay took a few weeks to get up to speed, didn't he? There were people on here calling him a dud after his first few games. Devlin certainly hit the ground running though. 

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If there are so many and they are so readily available so cheaply  why don’t more teams go get them ? Why have we never managed to find one before? 

Simms is Worth every penny given he would in my opinion guarantee third and group stage football again .  You are the most risk averse tight arsed posters I’ve ever encountered.  Every penny a prisoner 😂

It’s not my money chum and I don’t take the decisions. I’m telling you for a fact that we’re not going to take Simms on his full wage. Not an earthly and neither should we.

Keep your shitey throwaway insults to yourself.

Edited by JimmyCant

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Certainly living up to his name 😂

Jimmy Cant 

1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

I posted a week ago about getting new signings in asap and was shot down by some saying it’s only 18th June well here we are a week later no new signings yet and the team over in a training camp hopefully new faces soon 

Consider yourself shot down again 😂

Absolute Scenes
8 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

McKay took a few weeks to get up to speed, didn't he? There were people on here calling him a dud after his first few games. Devlin certainly hit the ground running though. 

I don’t remember him being slow to start, I thought he did pretty well from the off but again, different opinions etc

Auld Reekin'
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Aidy White vibes 

Prefer Gary Burton myself  :thumbsup:

Gary Burton's flying four-mallet technique is on... : NPR Music

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

I posted a week ago about getting new signings in asap and was shot down by some saying it’s only 18th June well here we are a week later no new signings yet and the team over in a training camp hopefully new faces soon 

We've had three new signings

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Think we should be avoiding Joe Wright. 

I don't see why we would do that. We were interested in him, he is highly regarded/ good potential. Has a serious injury. We assess it and assess whether it is worth the risk.

Only at that point do we 'avoid' him if its too high a risk.

We would never have gone for or got  Souttar if we avoided assessing injured players

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, August Landmesser said:

We've had three new signings

Before I posted last week anyway not pant wetting yet 

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Maybe offer Mcdonald the league cup games.

Just want to in a place where there is an able deputy ready to play in goals.

Stewart is not that person.

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Not a priority tho. 

Getting the right player in is 100% the priority. 

Getting them early is a bonus. 

Nae point in signing shite early. 

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not a priority tho. 

Correct

Mr Elwood P
30 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

It felt more like you were focusing on the importance of it more than just pointing it out. In an ideal world yes, all signings are done day one of the window and all meet up to have a full pre season together. Never happens like that though, the club can only do what they do with transfers, so fast we’ve done okay getting some key positions filled early on. I do agree though that pre season together definitely helps

No just arguing that it's no 'irrelevant' ...

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not a priority tho. 

100% 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
12 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I don’t remember him being slow to start, I thought he did pretty well from the off but again, different opinions etc

He did have, from memory, a bit of a slow start, but I doubt there was anyone else available to us before the start of the season that would have matched his impact on the whole of the season we ultimately had. Like you, I don't get this desperation to sign the best we can get from a small pool of players right now rather than waiting to see what we can get from a larger, and much better quality, pool of players that'll be available in just a few days time. We also have to remember that any permanent signings are for 2 or 3 seasons so we really need to think in the long term rather than concern ourselves too much over new players being up to speed as soon as a ball is kicked in earnest.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

After Cochrane and Grant officially join, we'll sign another 5 or 6. 

GK, RCB, CM, AM/WG and 1 or 2 CF 

🤞🤞🤞

Rick Sanchez
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Not great reading for Sibbick, is it?

Another RCB would have the new guy and Neilson. Along with Rowles, Kingsley and Cochrane would leave him as backup for Halkett? 

He'd be behind Haring, Devlin, Beni and potentially Ronan or a new guy.

Interesting to see where he ends up.

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Another RCB would have the new guy and Neilson. Along with Rowles, Kingsley and Cochrane would leave him as backup for Halkett? 

Jeez it’s one extreme or the other with you eh 😂😂

Sibbick is young and will still take over this season to really implement himself. He’s also good cover for this season so whether he starts games or not, he’s making up the numbers. 

10 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Yeah, I'd imagine he's backup to Halkett but he can play Rb, Cb, Dm so he's a good option.

We'll probably play at least 50 games next season, a lot of travelling and we'll be playing Sun, Wed/Thurs/Sun for 80-90% of the season as we're in Europe until the WC starts, then we have to cram the rest of the fixtures in after a the winter break. 

We essentially need 2 teams and if we can get consistency then we can do well in 4 competitions.

Edited by Cruyff

37 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Not having that at all. McKay cemented his place in the starting line-up straight away because he was clearly our best attacking threat from the get-go. He was man of the match (or close to it) in his 2nd start in the 3-0 against Livi.

There's also Baningime, who was man of the match against Celtic a matter of days after joining.

We've signed 3 already and another 2 are as good as done. That's far more than we'd done this time last year, when most of our new signings contributed to us massively improving and easily finishing 3rd.

Getting all your business done early would be great, but it never happens. As always, bringing the right players in is the most important thing. To be getting impatient less than a week into pre-season training is laughable, really.

We seem to be heading into a glass half full pessimistic phase on here. We haven't signed anyone, we should done deals by now, we don't have cover etc, etc. In years gone by we made signings that did not add to the quality and strength of the team and cost us significant amounts of money. Appreciate that the new signings are not in Spain but the most significant pre season work will be done when they get home. Savage has brought a policy of only signing players he and Robbie think will better the team let's give them a chance to deliver the kind of players that we want to see without being ripped off by selling clubs or agents. 

24 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

5 or 6 , sweeeeeeeet🤞

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, graeme1957 said:

We seem to be heading into a glass half full pessimistic phase on here. We haven't signed anyone, we should done deals by now, we don't have cover etc, etc. In years gone by we made signings that did not add to the quality and strength of the team and cost us significant amounts of money. Appreciate that the new signings are not in Spain but the most significant pre season work will be done when they get home. Savage has brought a policy of only signing players he and Robbie think will better the team let's give them a chance to deliver the kind of players that we want to see without being ripped off by selling clubs or agents. 

Too sensible

this post needs a bit more panic before it’s acceptable 

👍 agree with everything 

2 minutes ago, graeme1957 said:

:what:

49 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not a priority tho. 

0F2E039E-C105-4DD2-829C-1D2ED7196AEA.png

2 hours ago, SCFHearts said:

Tease time and Hearts are whoring on it 

I thin by this time next wee we will have a few in 

Fixed your typos

maroonplatoon87

Latest Instagram pic shows what looks like a blacked out motor, wonder if this is a tease of an arrival to the camp

Thought Police
1 minute ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

Latest Instagram pic shows what looks like a blacked out motor, wonder if this is a tease of an arrival to the camp

Yup, obscured by plants. Would be a very random shot otherwise.

Fxxx the SPFL
3 minutes ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

Hearse 

6 minutes ago, maroonplatoon87 said:

cochrane

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***