*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not having the £40m Champions League money or the £10-25m transfer fees is what is holding us back ... 

Aye it held St Johnstone back from winning the League Cup and Scottish Cup too. 

Celtic wage budget shat all over bodo yet they got turned over home and away, belief is Maybe a key ingredient to success. 

We can take anyone at home in Scotland, we fear No-one. 

Upsets happen. 

Why even start the league if you already believe we can't get close to Rangers and Celtic, will it be hard yes but not impossible. 

That's why we have record season ticket sales, because fans believe the club. 

They believe we can challenge and be successful. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Let's all bitch and moan because we don't have the same money 🤔

Or let's give it a right go, and go down fighting knowing we gave everything. 

And didn't give up to those ugly bassas, I hate them so much. 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye it held St Johnstone back from winning the League Cup and Scottish Cup too. 

Celtic wage budget shat all over bodo yet they got turned over home and away, belief is Maybe a key ingredient to success. 

We can take anyone at home in Scotland, we fear No-one. 

Upsets happen. 

Why even start the league if you already believe we can't get close to Rangers and Celtic, will it be hard yes but not impossible. 

That's why we have record season ticket sales, because fans believe the club. 

They believe we can challenge and be successful. 

We have record ticket sales because we were successful last season. The fans enjoyed it and want more. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We have record ticket sales because we were successful last season. The fans enjoyed it and want more. 

Yes and that's expectations levels, that's standards why? Because Hearts are a big club. 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes and that's expectations levels, that's standards why? Because Hearts are a big club. 

We're big but the Old Firm are massive.  Doing a Leicester is the dream but I don't it happens when Celtic and potentially Rangers get automatic group stages of Champions League. We're shouting from the rooftops about our UEFA windfall. Look at that in context ...

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

I trust the director and the manager on this but getting Jamma back would be an outstanding bit of business IMO. Solid shot stopper and fully good enough to pick up some league and league cup work around our European schedule, plus the very large sentimental factor. He was one of our best players in that admin year, and remains a cup winning hero.

He isn't what he was 10 years ago and looks like he could rival my paunch but whenever I watched him he looked sound enough. 

Unless we spend lots of money on a Steve Harper or Jon Mclaughlin type who is more interested in his bank account than professional pride and career we just need a Banksy type who can be a safe pair of hands back up. Jamie fits the bill for me.  

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

He isn't what he was 10 years ago and looks like he could rival my paunch but whenever I watched him he looked sound enough. 

Unless we spend lots of money on a Steve Harper or Jon Mclaughlin type who is more interested in his bank account than professional pride and career we just need a Banksy type who can be a safe pair of hands back up. Jamie fits the bill for me.  

What's Niemi up to? Heard a rumour he's finished ... 

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We're big but the Old Firm are massive.  Doing a Leicester is the dream but I don't it happens when Celtic and potentially Rangers get automatic group stages of Champions League. We're shouting from the rooftops about our UEFA windfall. Look at that in context ...

When we face Celtic or Rangers they are just an another opponent, that are in the way of us winning things. 

This perception of them being massive is bollocks, it's because they have a huge fanbase and there fans expect success. 

Bodo showed them how big they are. 

I don't fear them. 

Line them up and we knock them down. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

i wish jj was my dad
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Let's all bitch and moan because we don't have the same money 🤔

Or let's give it a right go, and go down fighting knowing we gave everything. 

And didn't give up to those ugly bassas, I hate them so much. 

Let's give it a go financially like Vlad did and become bankrupt or give it a go on the park like Stendel and get horsed by St Mirren and Hamilton.

Or let proper professionals like Messrs Mckinlay, Savage and Neilson build the club up sustainably and have a proper pop at them for the next 10 years. Or is that shitebag talk from an apologist?

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What's Niemi up to? Heard a rumour he's finished ... 

Probably. What us your plan for a back up?

2 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Let's give it a go financially like Vlad did and become bankrupt or give it a go on the park like Stendel and get horsed by St Mirren and Hamilton.

Or let proper professionals like Messrs Mckinlay, Savage and Neilson build the club up sustainably and have a proper pop at them for the next 10 years. Or is that shitebag talk from an apologist?

Robbie and Savage believe they can challenge the old firm. 

And certainly Savage doesn't fear them. 

3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Never in anyway have i said throw money at it. 

I believe we can beat them at home and challenge them, we have played far better teams than them. 

i wish jj was my dad

Robbie and Savage believe they can challenge the old firm. 

And certainly Savage doesn't fear them. 

I don't fear them either but I wouldn't go shit or bust to take them on. 

i wish jj was my dad

Never in anyway have i said throw money at it. 

I believe we can beat them at home and challenge them, we have played far better teams than them. 

So do I but I won't lose my shit if we fall short. What would you do to improve on current upward  projectory? 

4 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I don't fear them either but I wouldn't go shit or bust to take them on. 

I think people struggle to realise how much money was wasted by Levein, as I've already said we don't need to do that. 

But we are far bigger than the rest of the league, and I truly believe we can give them a right go. 

Some of the(old firms best signings) are free agents. 

We can close the gap. 

We have a good team that's stable and has unity, keep building. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

i wish jj was my dad

I think people struggle to realise how much money was wasted by Levein, as I've already said we don't need to do that. 

But we are far bigger than the rest of the league, and I truly believe we can give them a right go. 

Some of there(old firms signings) are free agents. 

We can close the gap. 

We have a good team that's stable and has unity, keep building. 

Levein isn't here any more. What would you do differently from the current regime? 

Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

Levein isn't here any more. What would you do differently from the current regime? 

Primarily this is a transfer thread mate, and I don't want to take it off topic. 

But if you know me as a poster you will know what i like. 

And believe would help us. 

6 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He's a goal keeper, not doing 12 hour shifts 6 days a week down the mines. 

We could do with another good or promising gk but CG isn't ready for retiring yet. 

He'd manage 3 games just fine. 

He'll likely give up international football first if he was feeling the strains of a full season. 

When he does that the timer is out on his club career. 

Fayd Mondragon 43yrs (Colombia) and El-Hadary 45yrs (Egypt) played at world cups

If luck stays on Craig's side he could comfortably play a few more years yet.

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Primarily this is a transfer thread mate, and I don't want to take it off topic. 

But if you know me as a poster you will know what i like. 

And believe would help us. 

You said on this thread we should have a go because we are a big club. So I asked what you would do differently. If your point is relevant to the topic mine is too.  Are you saying speculate to accumulate? Go after big name players or go shit or burst and sign umpteen strikers and play a Stendel system? I want to understand what your argument or point  is. If you have one. 

My take is that the club has a plan to grow organically and since JS/RS came in we are delivering and in a way that is sustainable. That is having a go in my eyes. What are you looking for us to do differently? 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Fayd Mondragon 43yrs (Colombia) and El-Hadary 45yrs (Egypt) played at world cups

If luck stays on Craig's side he could comfortably play a few more years yet.

Yip. 

31 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Saw him out and about recently, was looking pretty lean. 

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, Alan_R said:

Saw him out and about recently, was looking pretty lean. 

Good. He would do for me. If we has signed him 4 years ago instead of Zamal and the Man Utd clown we might have had a cup in the bag and never dropped out of top 6. I genuinely think our keepers were the reason we collapsed

Any new signings? No. Goodbye for another day..............................................................................................................................................................

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Those are the types of keeper's we need to target, in order to get to the level we want, Gordon is potentially playing in 5 competitions this season. 

Stewart offers him no competition, so Gordon knows he can have a shit game and get picked, not that he has many of them. 

Competition breeds a winning mentality, and Gordon doesn't have competition. 

😉

On that part I absolutely agree. With the greatest of respect to him, I don't know what he's doing here. He's not even a 10th of the player Gordon is. He's not a safe pair of hands when Gordons out, and he doesn't seem confident between the sticks. I can't see how he challenges Gordon in any way shape or form. What you want is a 2nd choice that doesn't rock the defence. Having Stewart get minutes is giving me Poppadom hands flashbacks. I think he needs to drop down a few levels and get proper minutes under his belt. I wonder if Raith would entertain a swap with MacDonald?

I want the laddie to do well, but he's miles off the level we need. Even as a 2nd choice keeper. You look at the Polish lad at Hibs and he's miles ahead of Ross Stewart. 

Flipping back, I think the category of keeper you're suggesting isn't viable since they'll cost too much and likely be unhappy with their lack of game time. It seems mad to say, but at 39 Gordon isn't winding down. He's still going strong and still comfortably Scotlands number one. If we were in the situation where Gordon was looking to focus on coaching and getting his badges and stuff I'd be screaming to go get McCrorie but there still seems plenty of life in him yet! :) 

i wish jj was my dad

Stewart might not be very good but he does not scare me like Bobby or the hologram. He is an actual keeper. 

I'd like to see something better in reserve but no need to break the bank until the time comes. Hopefully, 2/3 years away. 

13 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Stewart might not be very good but he does not scare me like Bobby or the hologram. He is an actual keeper. 

I'd like to see something better in reserve but no need to break the bank until the time comes. Hopefully, 2/3 years away. 

I will give you the hologram but he isn't anywhere near Bobby's level, which says it all.

I have seen numerous backup keepers at Hearts over the years but can't recall a worse one.

jamboinglasgow

Was thinking about the best XI currently with the squad. The one I cam up with was:

Gordon

Atkinson      Halkett         Rowles       Kingsley

Beni             Devlin

Forrest                  McKay              Mackay-Steven

Boyce

What I found fascinating is from that team,  is that only 2 players are out of contract at the end of coming season (Boyce and Mackay-Steven.) Even if you replaced one of the CM with Haring, he has an option to extend his contract past the end of the season. If we bring in Shankland, Grant and Cochrane then you could end up with all the best XI contracted beyond the end of the season (move Mckay left and put Grant in the centre, replace Boyce with Shankland. Cochrane comes in if we play 3-4-3.)

Sub4TiddlerMurray
16 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

That's true. With Stewart, you don't have to fret about whether or not he'll concede a soft goal because you know he will.

4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

At his age he couldn’t turn down double the money. 

Spot on.  Regular first team action at Raith for what's left of his career, or double the money to play back up to CG and still get some first team appearances.  

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I think the goalie can be over 20. I could be wrong though. 

The goalie and one outfield player can be U21 rather than U20 is how I understand it.  

Rocky jamboa
38 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I take it you've not watched any games that he's played???? Absolutely horrendous. As bad as poppadom hands for me and worse than Bobby. Surely Stones is better?

i wish jj was my dad
27 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I will give you the hologram but he isn't anywhere near Bobby's level, which says it all.

I have seen numerous backup keepers at Hearts over the years but can't recall a worse one.

Craig Nelson  , kurskis and French  guy c 2009 all literally scared of the ball.

Edited by i wish jj was my dad

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I take it you've not watched any games that he's played???? Absolutely horrendous. As bad as poppadom hands for me and worse than Bobby. Surely Stones is better?

The two laddies are probably better than Stewart but the guys in 2019-20 were not goalkeepers. 

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Craig Nelson  , kurskis and French  guy c 2009 all literally scared of the ball.

Harsh on Basso, he wasn't great but was not bad either. Doesn't deserve to be alongside those two.

49 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I'd far rather have Bobby as back up than Stewart.  Bobby had the odd brain fart, but by and large was a reliable shot stopper.  I've always been of the opinion that had we stuck with Bobby, rather than replace him with poppadum hands, we'd have avoided demotion.  We lost so many points from shots that just seemed to go through the hologram.

18 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Nelson and Kurskis were very bad but Basso was just very average. Not terrible, definitely not great. Better than Stewart and far better than the hologram. I'd actually forgotten about Kurskis who might actually be worse than Perreira. Truly terrible.

37 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Stewart must be wanting to play first team football if he has any ambition 

There is such as thing as a good sub keeper though.

Listen to Ben Fosters podcast and you'll hear him chat about it.

Having a 2nd keeper who is a cheerleader to the main and a good trainer/character even if not anywhere as good as the 1st keeper is such a good thing for the dressing room.

Admittedly we need a better option incase Craig gets injured, but Stewart is there for a reason, no doubt about that 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

I'd far rather have Bobby as back up than Stewart.  Bobby had the odd brain fart, but by and large was a reliable shot stopper.  I've always been of the opinion that had we stuck with Bobby, rather than replace him with poppadum hands, we'd have avoided demotion.  We lost so many points from shots that just seemed to go through the hologram.

Fully agree with this. 

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

You clearly haven't watched 'Cheesy' in his fleeting appearances for Hearts...he has been pitiful...absolutely woeful...

🤐😬🙄

I was really hoping we were going to snap up Benjamin Siegrist from Dundee Utd but celtic signed him as back up to Hart.

I think he's an excellent keeper and would have been a good choice to step in as Gordon's replacement in the near future.

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I was really hoping we were going to snap up Benjamin Siegrist from Dundee Utd but celtic signed him as back up to Hart.

I think he's an excellent keeper and would have been a good choice to step in as Gordon's replacement in the near future.

Nah, won't be anyone anywhere near that level. He's too good to sit on his arse for us for a year or so and would cost too much for the use we'd get out of him. You're talking about someone who will play maybe half a dozen games... Will likely be someone from a lower level league somewhere and definitely not an established first team Premiership player. 

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

You clearly haven't watched 'Cheesy' in his fleeting appearances for Hearts...he has been pitiful...absolutely woeful...

🤐😬🙄

He's absolutely shocking. 

5 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Bobby was at times erratic but is 10x the player Stewart is. That's not to say Bobby was good it's just Stewart is so far off it!

File along side poppadom Perriera and kurskis. 

Nothing personal to the guy but if we are ever in a situation where we need to rely on him for a length of time we are screwed. 

I know the club doesn't usually do transfers on weekends but I'm hoping today will be the day; double or even triple signing

Tommy Brown
9 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Jamie Mac would jump at the chance to come back here and cover for 2 orr 3 years whilst Stone/McFarlane matured.

He just wants enough money to help pay for his kids if you’ve heard any recent interviews.

I think he’d be ideal.

This imo is a no brainer.

Able keeper who won't cost the earth in salary.

Edit

I do often wonder if there is a fear from Neilson to go back to him after releasing him when to took over.

Edited by Tommy Brown

On 23/06/2022 at 10:44, Rick Sanchez said:

Two 10's and a striker. 

Must mean Boyce is going to be a striker but I'd still be looking for two.

Going back to this article, we will be in great shape if we get these numbers in. 

I guess Gino would be standing in as the third striker with Henderson and/or youth options (Kirk?) as the fourth?

A fourth player in the engine room makes sense. Been really quiet about who that might be. A loan player might make sense given possibly would not be needed if Beni was fit (or is this where Ronan would slot in?). 

RCB is interesting - especially with Neilson signed. There was chat about him demanding lots of starts. There will be lots of games to go around I guess. Be interesting to see what happens there. Could do with a ball player. 

Grant seems stuck on as one #10. That means we have McKay, Grant, Forrest behind Boyce as it stands. Ronan seems to have been the only other name out there for the other 10. I wonder if we might look at a left footed option for one of those slots behind the striker. 

We’ve been unusually active in the front end of the window. Loans and Bosmans as the EPL and championship clubs finalise their squads in August is normally our key hunting ground. 

I wonder if we are starting to get to the end of the lists we scouted of folk who we could sign for free or for transfer fees and we are now waiting to see who from our watch lists are going to be peripheral at their clubs next season. There’s clearly a high wastage rate on these lists. Would imagine for each Beni, there are a few Jared Branthwsites and Obefemis - players who come good a bit too soon before we’ve got our hands on them. 

Whilst it’s all gone a bit boring for a few days, we are in a pretty solid situation just now. If we can add two or three of the Simms type loan options and a couple of Beni/Kingsley level bosmans, we will be in great shape. 

Might take a bit of patience though. 

Edited by CMc

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

This imo is a no brainer.

Able keeper who won't cost the earth in salary.

Edit

I do often wonder if there is a fear from Neilson to go back to him after releasing him when to took over.

I honestly don't understand the hesitancy. He would be ideal.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***