*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Thoughts on Aiden McAdams? Thought he was immense for Greenock the season we were in the Championship. Haven't seen him this past season but was at Rangers as a kid and Celtic until 21/22 (was actually there with CG). He's only 23 and available on a free. 

tbh mate I don't know a lot about him. 

But if he's available on a free get him in for a trial, what harm can it do. 

My mentality is this no player should feel comfortable at this club, there position is always under threat. 

Breed a winning mentality. 

Never get comfortable. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Never Let Them Forget
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Those are the types of keeper's we need to target, in order to get to the level we want, Gordon is potentially playing in 5 competitions this season. 

Stewart offers him no competition, so Gordon knows he can have a shit game and get picked, not that he has many of them. 

Competition breeds a winning mentality, and Gordon doesn't have competition. 

😉

Gordon will have no competition no matter who we sign.

1 minute ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

Gordon will have no competition no matter who we sign.

I disagree, Gordon can make Kelly a better keeper so he can takeover from him 😉

Also we will be playing in Europe, league, league Cup, Scottish Cup. 

The Grim Reaper
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Any good Norwegian keepers that might tickle Savages Pickle?

Dick Dastardly
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Those are the types of keeper's we need to target, in order to get to the level we want, Gordon is potentially playing in 5 competitions this season. 

Stewart offers him no competition, so Gordon knows he can have a shit game and get picked, not that he has many of them. 

Competition breeds a winning mentality, and Gordon doesn't have competition. 

😉

One thing Gordon isn't lacking is a winning mentality. 

54 minutes ago, DavyH said:

Reluctantly I agree Ian, Cruikshank is better than Yashin!!  but Craig has surpassed him.  How fortunate we have been with goalkeepers over the years. 

Indeed.

33 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Last season Gordon, Hart, McGregor, Clarke, Siegrist, Alnwick and arguably Lewis and Stryjek were all better keepers than Liam Kelly. He’s pretty shit.

There’s loads of good backup goalies out there. I read we’re after some Irish guy - Ed McGinty.

I Trust the club, just think we could get ourselves a good goalkeeper, and also weaken an opponent. 

Gordon has two years left, those two years we get someone who is in the Scotland setup, to takeover from him he's 26, 28 when he takes over from Gordon. 

4 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Any good Norwegian keepers that might tickle Savages Pickle?

Available on a pre. 

38 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Last season Gordon, Hart, McGregor, Clarke, Siegrist, Alnwick and arguably Lewis and Stryjek were all better keepers than Liam Kelly. He’s pretty shit.

There’s loads of good backup goalies out there. I read we’re after some Irish guy - Ed McGinty.

👍.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
57 minutes ago, DavyH said:

Reluctantly I agree Ian, Cruikshank is better than Yashin!!  but Craig has surpassed him.  How fortunate we have been with goalkeepers over the years. 

And Donald is better than Eusabio, the hibbees are in for a thrashing. That takes me back - happy days in The Shed.

I might start greetin'.... 😭

Just now, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

And Donald is better than Eusabio, the hibbees are in for a thrashing. That takes me back - happy days in The Shed.

I might start greetin'.... 😭

My sister Belinda.........😜

Never Let Them Forget
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Will still be no competition for Gordon, you seriously think Kelly is competition for him?

34 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I think the goalie can be over 20. I could be wrong though. 

Think it’s two players over 20 but we wouldn’t waste one on a keeper hopefully. 

Will still be no competition for Gordon, you seriously think Kelly is competition for him?

Is Kelly in the Scotland setup, has he been at big clubs in the past. 

Do I think he can learn from Gordon absolutely. 

Do I also think we have a defence that would compliment him?  Yes. 

He was just a suggestion there's a few good goalkeepers. 

Dick Dastardly
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Think it’s two players over 20 but we wouldn’t waste one on a keeper hopefully. 

I think i read it was a keeper and an outfield player. Again, i could easily be wrong

That was last season, I think. I'm not sure if the rules are the same this year. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We need two solid goalkeepers. 

Gordon, Kelly or someone else like that. 

Jamma can be third choice and b team. 

Stone goes out on loan and gets game time. 

If we have two solid we certainly don’t need Jamie as a third keeper 

Re the keepers: 

it is either a slightly improved temp backup or a young up-and-comer. 

pitch to the young one has to be:

you think you’re the 💩. We think yore the 💩. Sign a 4/5 year deal. Take a year to learn from the best in the business, then a year to show you’ve earned the jersey. Then three years winning cups and playing in Europe (maybe with some sort of contract bump triggered by appearances). 

All the while reminding Craig he's a superhuman and he’s going to play forever. 

1 minute ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I think i read it was a keeper and an outfield player. Again, i could easily be wrong

That was last season, I think. I'm not sure if the rules are the same this year. 

Could be.  They change the rules every year in that league it seems. B team is ideal place for developing Stone and/or McFarlane. Need a decent keeper on the first team bench every week. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

If we have two solid we certainly don’t need Jamie as a third keeper 

More about having in reserve incase any of the two get injured, i would loan Stone and Young keeper Liam out to get experience at a higher level. 

I trust the club and this is just my opinion. 

Never Let Them Forget
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Is Kelly in the Scotland setup, has he been at big clubs in the past. 

Do I think he can learn from Gordon absolutely. 

Do I also think we have a defence that would compliment him?  Yes. 

He was just a suggestion there's a few good goalkeepers. 

Our 2nd choice goalkeeper while Gordon is here won’t be competition for the number 1 slot, It will be a back up only. No keeper hoping to challenge for number one will join us while we have the best keeper in Scotland and our history here. 

Our 2nd choice goalkeeper while Gordon is here won’t be competition for the number 1 slot, It will be a back up only. No keeper hoping to challenge for number one will join us while we have the best keeper in Scotland and our history here. 

Depends if they believe in there ability and talent, Rangers have Allan and Jon both first choice options in my opinion. 

Celtic have Hart and now Benji from Dundee United, big team mentality 👍

This weakens a division rival 👍 and strengthens them. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I see the Sheep are in for Hladky, level you are looking for as back up, but still the problem for us, unless you are as dumb as JKB, you know you are a substitute. 

Celtic Rangers can keep substitutes happy with cash, don't think we are there yet. Years away 

Dick Dastardly
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Could be.  They change the rules every year in that league it seems. B team is ideal place for developing Stone and/or McFarlane. Need a decent keeper on the first team bench every week. 

I'm not sure about having a decent keeper on the bench every week. We need a decent keeper as back up, definitely. Using the B team to keep him match fit would be ideal as well as, as i mention earlier in the thread, helping the young defenders progress. That would leave us having to loan out Stone and Macfarlane, which could either help or hinder them. It's a balancing act. 

1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I see the Sheep are in for Hladky, level you are looking for as back up, but still the problem for us, unless you are as dumb as JKB, you know you are a substitute. 

Celtic Rangers can keep substitutes happy with cash, don't think we are there yet. Years away 

We can offer more than Aberdeen and Motherwell that I'm very sure about. 

It's time we believed in ourselves and the club. 

Aussie Jambo
22 hours ago, Ruuuudy said:

No bet id say mate  - 5 targets and 69 days to sign just 1 - was walking the dug the day and was speaking to an Aussie and I says **** me its hot the day (19c) and he said in the biggest oz accent ever "Your avin a **** laugh arentya" pmsl

I’m going to Sydney for the day to meet 5 of my mates who I went to school with and lived in same area in Edinburgh. Oot on the razzle. It’s 21c and Winter. Aye. Roasting my farter. It gets to 40c some years in Summer. So that’ll answer the question and his reply. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Even if they did agree, we aren’t paying a 2nd keeper 2/3k a week, will be a player coming through in another league or older keeper happy to play 3/4 games a season 

Mr Elwood P
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We can offer more than Aberdeen and Motherwell that I'm very sure about. 

It's time we believed in ourselves and the club. 

What makes you so sure? Reckon our budget last season was 4th or 5th ...

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Couple of bottles of gin and a few pints

This is the Kickback way, and to be honest even if it’s not truthful it keep things fun. 

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Not saying bongo is right but our budget must have gone up a fair bit for this season. 

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I reckon our 3rd place finish, our record breaking season ticket sales, our cup final appearance. 

The benefactors may make a difference. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Not saying bongo is right but our budget must have gone up a fair bit for this season. 

Aberdeen have the Ramsay cash though. If we are paying more it won't be blowing Aberdeen out the water ...

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Infact I'm that confident that how anyone can pick to live in Aberdeen over Edinburgh, is genuinely deluded we have so much to offer as a club, the nightlife, the shops, everything. 

Can we get rid of this negative shitty attitude, Hearts are small and we can't offer shit. 

Because that is changing whether people like it or not. 

Aberdeen have the Ramsay cash though. If we are paying more it won't be blowing Aberdeen out the water ...

Probably right and it depends how much each club values a target, what deal they offer. I do think if we were after the same player as them we’d get the signature but no way of proving that.

Edited by GinRummy

They do but we have benefactors. 

Ccjambo1874

Difference being is that's once in a ten season sum for them. We can replicate our income year on year if we are consistently performing whilst potentially getting similar fees for players if they also perform well. That's not to say that Aberdeen won't do the same, but our fan base and commitment is heavily proportionate in our favour compared to theirs long term.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Becuase between success last year, FOH. ST sales, being able to finally benefit from our hospitality, and £5m of guaranteed European income we have a lot more money than them 😂

Mr Elwood P

Infact I'm that confident that how anyone can pick to live in Aberdeen over Edinburgh, is genuinely deluded we have so much to offer as a club, the nightlife, the shops, everything. 

Can we get rid of this negative shitty attitude, Hearts are small and we can't offer shit. 

Because that is changing whether people like it or not. 

Some imagination.

Some imagination.

It's true we are a big club, and we are improving all the time. 

Get behind it. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Becuase between success last year, FOH. ST sales, being able to finally benefit from our hospitality, and £5m of guaranteed European income we have a lot more money than them 😂

We won't spend crazy amounts. I'd be very surprised if our wage bills are more than £1m apart in favour of either club.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Jamie Mac would jump at the chance to come back here and cover for 2 orr 3 years whilst Stone/McFarlane matured.

He just wants enough money to help pay for his kids if you’ve heard any recent interviews.

I think he’d be ideal.

Mr Elwood P

It's true we are a big club, and we are improving all the time. 

Get behind it. 

Nobody is saying we aren't. We won't be spending millions more than Aberdeen though. A very exciting time but over-excitement leads to disappointment. You're very prone to getting overly upset when things are going badly. Words of caution ....

kingantti1874

We won't spend crazy amounts. I'd be very surprised if our wage bills are more than £1m apart in favour of either club.

Our turnover will be materially greater than hibs and still significantly greater than Aberdeen (who will be closer on account of the Ramsay cash)

You may well be right. But that will be our choice - we can spend it if we want 

Nobody is saying we aren't. We won't be spending millions more than Aberdeen though. A very exciting time but over-excitement leads to disappointment. You're very prone to getting overly upset when things are going badly. Words of caution ....

No i think this club is going in the right direction, regardless of my opinion of Robbie, Robbie will be away at some point. 

We move on, nothing lasts forever. 

The standards have been set. 

If we fall away, we fall away it just means we get someone in that can reach and achieve those goals. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

It’s an oxymoron. To get closer to 2nd place we need teams other than us to be decent. We just need to make sure we keep ahead of them. 

But we need Aberdeen and another team at least to step up a bit more.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No i think this club is going in the right direction, regardless of my opinion of Robbie, Robbie will be away at some point. 

We move on, nothing lasts forever. 

The standards have been set. 

If we fall away, we fall away it just means we get someone in that can reach and achieve those goals

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It’s an oxymoron. To get closer to 2nd place we need teams other than us to be decent. We just need to make sure we keep ahead of them. 

This is going to be a massive struggle. If Rangers get the money they want for Arbo / Bassey and / or qualify for the Champions League the gap will increase. We really need to just consolidate being third and find a way to beat the Old Firm at Hamdpen.  

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Personally it's about what we do. 

And not worrying about any other club apart from us. 

Staying focused is key. 

This is going to be a massive struggle. If Rangers get the money they want for Arbo / Bassey and / or qualify for the Champions League the gap will increase. We really need to just consolidate being third and find a way to beat the Old Firm at Hamdpen.  

And this attitude is why we will never win anything 🙄🤔

Mr Elwood P

And this attitude is why we will never win anything 🙄🤔

Not having the £40m Champions League money or the £10-25m transfer fees is what is holding us back ... 

23 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just the seethe from the well 😂 would be glorious. 

We need a 2 first team goalkeepers next season cause we can’t rely on CG doing domestic, European and Scotland so Kelly would get game time. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***