*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Yes, as any decent club that's not run by shitebags will do. We did this with Halkett and it was only revealed he had signed a pre when the season was over.

Fly-by-night jumpstart clubs throwing silly money around have to publicize it during the season, of course.

Not ITK but I would be shocked if Rab went elsewhere. He's seen the grass on the other side of the fence and now has the chance to take a very good team on an extended European adventure. I'm sure if we keep on as we have that he'll get all kinds of knocks on the door but I think he's savvy enough to knock them back until a true golden opportunity comes, like an actual EPL team. In the meantime, he can become a legend at Hearts.

Depends on the offers I'd guess. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Mentioned it before ( tongue in cheek) 

Jack Wilshire... :jambobanana:

Played 6 times for AGF in Denmark since February and out of contract in the summer. 

If he continues to play and doesn't break down he'd add something for our European campaign that is generally beyond us. 

Apparently he's on £5k a week there. 

Craig Levein has left the club.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Craig Levein has left the club.

Craig Levein never signed Jack Wilshire or a player like him. 

32 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Pretty sure Robbie mentioned just after Beni’s first injury that it maybe wasn’t bad timing as other clubs had already been showing interest in him and other players… this was just before the Jan window.

There's a bit of a difference between a club "showing interest "" and us playing hardball.

16 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You don't say. I very much doubt that Savage or Robbie would want someone like him as he seems against the mould of new signings.

He is 30 which is not old but other than some of the existing players we have offered new contracts to Robbie has stated that he wants to be signing younger players under the age of 26 and so far he has done that.

No doubt he was a decent player and he may interest us but I somewhat doubt it.

Never say never I suppose.

17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You don't say. I very much doubt that Savage or Robbie would want someone like him as he seems against the mould of new signings.

He is 30 which is not old but other than some of the existing players we have offered new contracts to Robbie has stated that he wants to be signing younger players under the age of 26 and so far he has done that.

You having trouble making up your mind Davy?

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It's Ofc very unlikely. 

But I wouldn't compare Wilshire to CL 's signings such as Whelan, especially if he plays 6 months in Denmark. 

His reportedly £5k a  week was a bit suprising. 

If he lasts until the seasons end I suspect there would  be a number  of championship clubs after him. 

If he breaks down, he's Surley finished. 

31 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

On the subject of signings and replacements. Have we really missed John Souttar?

We’ve changed formation for most of the time he’s been out. Definitely need two new centre backs in the summer.

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

How do you know we haven’t had offers?

Nah I think with the mistake he done at MK dons! and I still say he was pushed out he will give the Europe and cups a good go! along with the decent contracts most players have signed  he ain't gonna get that in England and will not be a premier manager 

If we end up with 8 European games next season we are going to need a bigger squad which will lead to some rotation. We need to bring in players who not only will improve us but will be content with not playing every game. This is where it will become a bit tricky. Yeah, we should be an enticing proposition for players but we need them to buy into the squad rotation thing. We also need to make sure that we're not significantly weakening the side when we do rest a few players. How many times have we seen teams who play in Europe midweek struggle the following weekend. We need to make sure that we don't continually drop points after a European game, especially if we want to repeat this season's performances. For these reasons I think we'll see a good number of loan players brought in again next season. I still think we'll sign 3 or 4 players on permanent deals but the loans should allow us to rotate the squad without annoying/disappointing too many players. 

11 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'd go along with that as reasonable, add in a decent back up gk as well. 

That's also if guys like McEneff, Gino and GMS stay, if they leave it will be more. 

We need a much bigger squad next season, 23 first team players. We'll play 50 plus games next season, we'll also be playing 3 games a week  for 2-3 months after the World Cup. Plus we need to improve in some areas. 

Big job for recruitment this summer.

john thomas
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Signed a few good ones though

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Depends on the offers I'd guess. 

I'll stick my neck out and say he's not getting an offer good enough for him to take. He's done the Championship/League One yo-yo club. That's the level that will come calling, either that or the top-heavy budget casualties like Derby or Sunderland, which he'd have to be mental to take.

A couple more good years with Hearts, particularly qualification out of a European group stage, and he'll have mid-table EPL teams calling, and then there's a chance we'll lose him again. No chance this summer.

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Neilson won't ever go to a bigger club than us.  He knows it too. 

Especially when deep down everyone knows he wants to make us bigger than we are 👍👍👍👍👍.    👍

Batistuta87
3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Funny you say that. I noticed Patrick Roberts is out of contract at Sunderland.

Would be all over this if he's in budget and interested. Mikey Johnston would be a cracking signing too as someone else has mentioned. I wonder if Celtic might be tempted if we were to offer something like £300k and a sell-on. We'd have some options on the wing if we signed those two.

Appreciate it's quite a random mention but Joe Allen is out of contract at Stoke too. Imagine he would be utterly fantastic to have in the team organising the midfield and all that sort of stuff. 

Noticed Reece Burke is out of contract at Luton as well and would be a good replacement for Souttar I think. 

The draw of European football certainly brings buys like this into our ballpark.

Naisys Tackle
12 minutes ago, maggieb said:

Especially when deep down everyone knows he wants to make us bigger than we are 👍👍👍👍👍.    👍

He will have the backing to do so too.  By all of us and everyone at the club. 

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Would be all over this if he's in budget and interested. Mikey Johnston would be a cracking signing too as someone else has mentioned. I wonder if Celtic might be tempted if we were to offer something like £300k and a sell-on. We'd have some options on the wing if we signed those two.

Appreciate it's quite a random mention but Joe Allen is out of contract at Stoke too. Imagine he would be utterly fantastic to have in the team organising the midfield and all that sort of stuff. 

Noticed Reece Burke is out of contract at Luton as well and would be a good replacement for Souttar I think. 

The draw of European football certainly brings buys like this into our ballpark.

I'm not sure at this stage of his career Joe Allen dreams of Conference League fitba. :lol: get your point though. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

I'll stick my neck out and say he's not getting an offer good enough for him to take. He's done the Championship/League One yo-yo club. That's the level that will come calling, either that or the top-heavy budget casualties like Derby or Sunderland, which he'd have to be mental to take.

A couple more good years with Hearts, particularly qualification out of a European group stage, and he'll have mid-table EPL teams calling, and then there's a chance we'll lose him again. No chance this summer.

Yeah, at this moment, but my original post included a good  next season and Europe. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Yeah, at this moment, but my original post included a good  next season and Europe. 

2 hours ago, dougal said:

If we end up with 8 European games next season we are going to need a bigger squad which will lead to some rotation. We need to bring in players who not only will improve us but will be content with not playing every game. This is where it will become a bit tricky. Yeah, we should be an enticing proposition for players but we need them to buy into the squad rotation thing. We also need to make sure that we're not significantly weakening the side when we do rest a few players. How many times have we seen teams who play in Europe midweek struggle the following weekend. We need to make sure that we don't continually drop points after a European game, especially if we want to repeat this season's performances. For these reasons I think we'll see a good number of loan players brought in again next season. I still think we'll sign 3 or 4 players on permanent deals but the loans should allow us to rotate the squad without annoying/disappointing too many players. 

Even if we end up with eight European games next season our focus and priority should be on the league. There’s no point in sacrificing league performance for trying to do well in Europe, especially if long term growth is the aim. Bugger up Europe and it’s no big deal, bugger up the league and we run the risk of losing out on European cash in the following season.

FC Wacker München
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Good stuff.

Yet Alex Neil had the Rangers gig offered to him on a plate.

:sob:

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Neilson won't ever go to a bigger club than us.  He knows it too. 

Said it before, if Robbie continues the way he has with us in both spells, but adds a trophy or two or even just gets some good European results, he'll be a contender for the Scotland job at some point. I think it would suit him as he gets teams playing for him very quickly if you look at how he starts seasons. He's only 41. Steve Clarke got his first proper manager job at 48 and only really started making a go of it in his 50s at Killie. He'd won nothing as a manager. Craig Levein got it on the strength of a couple of good years at Hearts and D Utd without winning anything.

Lots of time for Robbie to develop. All he needs is good timing - the Scotland job to become available after he's been in a good spell for a couple of years. That's usually how it works.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Said it before, if Robbie continues the way he has with us in both spells, but adds a trophy or two or even just gets some good European results, he'll be a contender for the Scotland job at some point. I think it would suit him as he gets teams playing for him very quickly if you look at how he starts seasons. He's only 41. Steve Clarke got his first proper manager job at 48 and only really started making a go of it in his 50s at Killie. Craig Levein got it on the strength of a couple of good years at Hearts and D Utd. Lots of time for Robbie to develop. All he needs is good timing - the Scotland job to become available after he's been in a good spell for a couple of years. That's usually how it works.

Good thought and idea mate.  Makes a lot of sense. 

LarrysRightFoot
10 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He's out of contract this summer I think. 

I know Wiki isn’t the most reliable but it says - 

Johnston signed a new five-year contract with Celtic on 28 December 2019

22 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Loan deal will do. 

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Loan deal will do. 

Don’t want anything from that club ever savage and neilson will have other targets hopefully 

BackOfTheNet

Rangers and Celtic will not loan us players. And our recruitment team would never seek such a deal, as to do so would mean we’d have to pay over the odds in wage expenditure or loan fees. There will be as good players if not better available on transfer or on loan from clubs outside our league that would not only be a step up in quality on the names mentioned here, as well as being more cost efficient than a loan or transfer from a team in the same league as us, particularly one of those two.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Unknown user
6 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

On the subject of signings and replacements. Have we really missed John Souttar?

Who?

Unknown user
2 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Transfermarkt confirms he's got 3 years left after this season

11 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I'm gonna be brutally honest not really when him and halks where together one was prone to a mistake every other game sometime goals costing us! But less frequent now 

Is it unrealistic to think we may put together a deal to get Simms here permanently? We will have a significantly larger budget and there was speculation that we had cash in Jan to sign the Japanese player.

Maybe something like 1m with a 25% sell on? This might be crazy talk but I think we are in a much better place financially than many understand.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Ahh, fair enough. 

Be difficult then. 

Likley end up at Hibs on loan. 🙄

However, if he was keen to move to us- which is a big if, I reckon £500k would do it. 

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, washniklaw said:

Is it unrealistic to think we may put together a deal to get Simms here permanently? We will have a significantly larger budget and there was speculation that we had cash in Jan to sign the Japanese player.

Maybe something like 1m with a 25% sell on? This might be crazy talk but I think we are in a much better place financially than many understand.

Tbh, it's not crazy but I don't think we'll spend £1m yet on a player, especially on Simms. 

A loan and then a free transfer next summer would make sense. 

Also, ant permanent move would depend on Simms current salary. 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Rangers and Celtic will not loan us players. And our recruitment team would never seek such a deal, as to do so would mean we’d have to pay over the odds in wage expenditure or loan fees. There will be as good players if not better available on transfer or on loan from clubs outside our league that would not only be a step up in quality on the names mentioned here, as well as being more cost efficient than a loan or transfer from a team in the same league as us, particularly one of those two.

Would be daft to ignore them tho. 

If a good player becomes available from them then we shouldn't ignore it just because it's the of. 

Savage and Bob will be open to all possibilities and won't be petty. 

The reality is that even a peripheral and young player like Johnstone won't want to come to us, as opposed to us dismissing him as not good enough. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Finlay James
1 hour ago, washniklaw said:

Given he is on the books of an English club, his value will be hyper inflated.  I suspect we will be looking at other markets where value for money can be found such as Asia and Australia.

Just my opinion but I also think we can find better than Simms.  He’s been decent but to truly push on next season, we need a better finisher.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Given he is on the books of an English club, his value will be hyper inflated.  I suspect we will be looking at other markets where value for money can be found such as Asia and Australia.

Just my opinion but I also think we can find better than Simms.  He’s been decent but to truly push on next season, we need a better finisher.

Fair, but Tbh I reckon we might try and keep Simms and also get another in. 

Hopefully in the mould you refer to. 

Opshunns... 

TynecastleBC5

I know it's hypothetical but I do think we could get a better player in if it was going to take a million to get Simms here on a permanent basis. I would take him on permanently due to the gaps he creates for Boyce and Mackay. But I agree with @Finlay James that so we would require a better finisher to push on in europe etc. Although he has untill the end of the season to show his finishing prowess.

LarrysRightFoot
45 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Ahh, fair enough. 

Be difficult then. 

Likley end up at Hibs on loan. 🙄

However, if he was keen to move to us- which is a big if, I reckon £500k would do it. 

I think Scott Wright might be surplus to requirements at Rangers - he’s a player I’d like us to get. A bit injury prone as well however. 

LarrysRightFoot

Another name probably already mentioned is Conor Ronan. Can’t say I’ve watched a lot of St Mirren but from what I have seen and read is a good player, who we could make even better hopefully. 

2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Another name probably already mentioned is Conor Ronan. Can’t say I’ve watched a lot of St Mirren but from what I have seen and read is a good player, who we could make even better hopefully. 

Yeah he’s on loan from wolves. Scored the wonder goal against us in the quarter final. Aberdeen been linked with him

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Said it before, if Robbie continues the way he has with us in both spells, but adds a trophy or two or even just gets some good European results, he'll be a contender for the Scotland job at some point. I think it would suit him as he gets teams playing for him very quickly if you look at how he starts seasons. He's only 41. Steve Clarke got his first proper manager job at 48 and only really started making a go of it in his 50s at Killie. He'd won nothing as a manager. Craig Levein got it on the strength of a couple of good years at Hearts and D Utd without winning anything.

Lots of time for Robbie to develop. All he needs is good timing - the Scotland job to become available after he's been in a good spell for a couple of years. That's usually how it works.

Moyes will be the next Scotland manager when Clarke decides that he's had enough.

8 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I think Scott Wright might be surplus to requirements at Rangers - he’s a player I’d like us to get. A bit injury prone as well however. 

Diver not keen

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Agreed. 

14 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Not yet fortunately but we would miss him big time if either Halkett or Kingsley picked up an injury. 7 games to go and we desperately need both of them fit for the 7th one, ideally all three fit. 

12 hours ago, S Form said:

Even if we end up with eight European games next season our focus and priority should be on the league. There’s no point in sacrificing league performance for trying to do well in Europe, especially if long term growth is the aim. Bugger up Europe and it’s no big deal, bugger up the league and we run the risk of losing out on European cash in the following season.

Totally agree, but it's happened up here before that teams who play midweek European games do tend to have poorer results in the games immediately after. We have got make sure that it doesn't happen to us and so I think it's important that we get the right balance between permanent signings and loan signings.

2 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Definitely would be a good signing. Gets a few goals from midfield and gets past the strikers too. Something we've been missing with our current central midfielders.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***