*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

I imagine the smaller squad is a strategy to try and create a competitive edge. We could carry a bigger squad but that would mean tying up thousands per week in players that aren’t playing - total waste of money because you cannot achieve anything doing that. 

Basically going for quality over quantity. Yes, it means injuries can hit harder but with a bit of luck it should mean we can also reach higher. 

Hopefully over time the kids from the academy can help bulk out the squad. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Considine 😭😭 this place sometimes

No one is expecting for considine to be a first team starter, what he brings is an experienced head and a steady player, people getting excited about Europe etc, we won't be blowing millions on player's 😂😂 they need to get that right out there head, we will have a bigger wage budget too attract player's. 

The majority will be free signings or pre contracts that's the market we are in, its the market that's offers us most value for money 👍

If a player that is too good to turn down at a below market value price then we will pay money, still will be loan signings too, no different to Celtic or Rangers. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No one is expecting for considine to be a first team starter, what he brings is an experienced head and a steady player, people getting excited about Europe etc, we won't be blowing millions on player's 😂😂 they need to get that right out there head, we will have a bigger wage budget too attract player's. 

The majority will be free signings or pre contracts that's the market we are in, its the market that's offers us most value for money 👍

If a player that is too good to turn down at a below market value price then we will pay money, still will be loan signings too, no different to Celtic or Rangers. 

Aye but there’s better out there than Considine…

1 minute ago, The Tackle said:

Considine :rofl:

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

A 35 year old Aberdeen has-been 😭😭 

7 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Give us one or two names, please - realistic!

Edited by JamboAl

Just now, JamboAl said:

Give us one ot two names, please - realistic!

I’m not a Hearts scout, I just know we’ll be looking for better than Considine 

1 minute ago, The Tackle said:

I’m not a Hearts scout, I just know we’ll be looking for better than Considine 

Nah you're better than Hearts scouts obviously.

Quite frankly I would like us to be looking for better than our good players - and then better again but sometimes reality and finance get in the way..

Rick Sanchez

Would take Findlay instead of Considine. I wonder what the long term position of Kingsley will be. Centre back?

Considine??? I would much prefer us to be looking at the likes of Jamie McCart and Jamie Hamilton both of which are available at the end of May

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Nah you're better than Hearts scouts obviously.

Quite frankly I would like us to be looking for better than our good players - and then better again but sometimes reality and finance get in the way..

When did I say that? Who even asked you anyway, are you Bongo’s white knight or something?

Please tell me you’re not trying to argue that Considine would be a good signing, I agree that all our signings won’t be better than what we’ve got but they’ll be better than a 35 year old Aberdeen reject.

16 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

16 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

A 35 year old Aberdeen has-been 😭😭 

Your right better player's available but are they willing to be bench warmers? 

Because who is getting ahead of Halkett? After his great season that leaves one position free Souttar? 

We will be in the market for better and so will other teams in Scotland and England, but whether we get those player's is a big( IF) we aren't the only team with something to offer some player's will jump at the chance of European football, other's will be motivated by money and turn there nose up at us, that's life and how football work's, player's all have different goals Europe or try and become an English premier league player, which to a lot of them, will see an increase in wage from getting promoted to the English Premier league, why do you think Rangers and Celtic are shopping abroad? Fashion free transfer, celtic Japanese player's? Manager knows them and far cheaper than buying English proven talent, they also bring in loan player's like sands, jota, vickers, and have inserted optional buy clauses at the end of loan Celtic can get Carter vickers for £2mil that's a bargain and I think they will do that, but I don't think the biscuit tin will be opened for jota who will cost them £6-7mil. 

Anyway my point we aren't at that stage to go throwing millions about, unless Anderson and Budge are doing it for us as a gift. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

46 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It's great when fans could tell in advance which signings will work out and which won't - or is it just hindsight?  Kastaneer and Gnando hardly worked out well and that wasn't down to the previous regime.  Maybe you could start a thread detailing in advance your projection for new signings.  Many fans weren't all that keen on Barrie McKay while Kingsley hardly set the heather on fire in England.  We picked up an injury ravaged goalie in his late 30s but your plan would have prohibited that  That's 3 of our best players.

It is true that we punted out on loan 2 players to French clubs and it probably did save on wages but it might just have led to a full transfer, even if the fee was nominal.  Try and move on.

I'm not predicting what signings will work or won't, all I said was that Considine didn't fit in with our policy, target, preference - call it what you will, but we are clearly targeting younger players with potential ahead of older players.  Also, it's not my plan as you refer to it.  I'm not saying we should or should not sign a particular player, I'm saying we clearly have a preference, not my preference, but the club's preference.

2 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

When did I say that? Who even asked you anyway, are you Bongo’s white knight or something?

Please tell me you’re not trying to argue that Considine would be a good signing, I agree that all our signings won’t be better than what we’ve got but they’ll be better than a 35 year old Aberdeen reject.

I get the impression nobody can tell you anything.  BTW I would not know Bongo from the Archbishop of Canterbury.

7 minutes ago, Arfur said:

Considine??? I would much prefer us to be looking at the likes of Jamie McCart and Jamie Hamilton both of which are available at the end of May

McCart is a hibs *******, and has interest down south, Hamilton has offers down south and Celtic 👍

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I get the impression nobody can tell you anything.  BTW I would not know Bongo from the Archbishop of Canterbury.

Very good, so you don’t have any pros for signing Considine then you’re just going to leave wee sarcastic comments?

For the record I'm not saying we are signing Considine or should, but he certainly isn't as bad a player, as some make out on here. 

And I wouldn't mind him as backup. 

Mr Elwood P
25 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Stop talking nonsense. 

15 minutes ago, RobNox said:

I'm not predicting what signings will work or won't, all I said was that Considine didn't fit in with our policy, target, preference - call it what you will, but we are clearly targeting younger players with potential ahead of older players.  Also, it's not my plan as you refer to it.  I'm not saying we should or should not sign a particular player, I'm saying we clearly have a preference, not my preference, but the club's preference.

That's a certainty.  You'll wait until they don't work out.

It may not be your plan but it's one that you have latched on to.  Now you try to cover up with your "call it what you will" effort.

If miraculously Messi became available to us next season I would hate to be watching a 35 year old because it did not fit in within your idea of a policy.  Do you agree?

What I cannot understand is why 2 days after a great achievement when we should all be glorying in the future we still have (supposed) fans wishing to hark back to past failures.

Edited by JamboAl
JamboAl

We could sign Deas, Fitzwater, Findlay, Lindsay, anyone know how much these clubs want for them? 

Suppose every player will be jumping to join Hearts, and won't have other options 🙄🤔

Edited by Bongo 1874

12 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Very good, so you don’t have any pros for signing Considine then you’re just going to leave wee sarcastic comments?

For the avoidance of doubt, my position is

- Considine or someone of his ilk could be a decent, experienced SQUAD player.

- He would not be a first team regular, barring long term injuries etc

- He would be able to "hold the fort" for a season to allow the likes of Flatman etc to develop.

- I don't think, at this stage of his career he would expect top billing.

- Despite that, the wages here would probably be enough to attract him.

I think that if we sign say 8 players, maybe 5 will be youngish with sell-on potential and the others will have a bit more experience about them.

As I said earlier, if Halks doesn't make the final, having  someone like Considine to step in would have been a decent option.

12 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Ferguson is a good player. I’m not putting him down in any way because he’s been immense for us the last few weeks but he’d play over Haring IMO. 

Ferguson will play EPL, he's better than McGinn was at the same age.

12 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Same. I don't think any of them are any better than anyone we have at the moment - and that includes Ferguson and Ramsay. 

You've got to be joking. Both are future EPL players and 50 caps International players.

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

- He would be able to "hold the fort" for a season to allow the likes of Flatman etc to develop.

I think that if we sign say 8 players, maybe 5 will be youngish with sell-on potential and the others will have a bit more experience about them.

As I said earlier, if Halks doesn't make the final, having  someone like Considine to step in would have been a decent option.

Spot on 👍 suppose we will just go out and get Maguire and Van Dijk to replace him though. 

Spot on with flatman too. 

I would bring Hamilton back from loan but don't think we can now, gutted if halks doesn't make final. 

If anyone player deserves to play and win it, it's him. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

bobby bombscare

who is the defender we have offered our facilities to for their recovery again? We had tried to sign them previously too.. 

the name escapes me

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

You've got to be joking. Both are future EPL players and 50 caps International players.

Ferguson would walk into our team as would ramsay, just because Aberdeen don't know how to get the very best out of them, people make them out to be shite. 

Neilson is currently getting the best out of many of our first team player's, my question can he keep it going and take us forward. 

2 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

who is the defender we have offered our facilities to for their recovery again? We had tried to sign them previously too.. 

the name escapes me

Hearts make an offer to English defender Joe Wright after previous deal collapsed

Hearts have offered former Doncaster Rovers defender Joe Wright a potential route back into football after a previous deal to sign him collapsed.

bobby bombscare
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Hearts make an offer to English defender Joe Wright after previous deal collapsed

Hearts have offered former Doncaster Rovers defender Joe Wright a potential route back into football after a previous deal to sign him collapsed.

that'll be him then haha. 

Cheers mate! I'm wondering if that is still a possibility for next season as well then.. 

15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I can see where you’re coming from, however in my opinion he has reached the ‘Berra’ phase of his career and he’ll be a bottom 6 or championship player next season

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Ferguson would walk into our team as would ramsay, just because Aberdeen don't know how to get the very best out of them, people make them out to be shite. 

Neilson is currently getting the best out of many of our first team player's, my question can he keep it going and take us forward. 

Oh aye, Ramsey and Ferguson will go far. Liverpool have serious interest in Ramsey and Cagliari want Ferguson. 

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Did you even read what Bongo wrote?

I don’t tend to these days as it’s usually absolute drivel

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

I don’t tend to these days as it’s usually absolute drivel

But even you write some sense - very occasionally.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yeah. He’s similar to McGinn in that he’s raw. He has the frame to be a success down there. He does have a wee bit of petulance to his game as well but sometimes that’s good.

bobby bombscare
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Oh aye, Ramsey and Ferguson will go far. Liverpool have serious interest in Ramsey and Cagliari want Ferguson. 

i can see Ferguson going to rangers (because of the family ties) for a few mil and either spring boarding from there to an EPL club or flopping and ending up at st mirren in 2026

EDIT: this isn't cos i think he's not good enough. It is because it's what the OF have done for years and have a habit of ruining promising careers. 

Edited by bobby bombscare

43 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Would take Findlay instead of Considine. I wonder what the long term position of Kingsley will be. Centre back?

I would really hope that we can sign a couple of solid CB's and allow Kingsley to play a more attacking role where he is much more of a threat.

He has done brilliantly at CB but I just feel his talent is a bit wasted there. 

I suppose a lot will depend on if Cochrane stays or not and if we can sign two CB's.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If we play to go for a back 4, I’d rather see Kingsley at LB, purely so we’ve got the best LB we can possibly have. Someone like Findlay partnering Halkett with Atkinson/Smith at RB is a ****ing strong back line. 

4 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

I can see where you’re coming from, however in my opinion he has reached the ‘Berra’ phase of his career and he’ll be a bottom 6 or championship player next season

I'm inclined to agree if game time is his top priority. (BTW I'm not saying we're after him)

However, if he's realistic and is happy to play second fiddle most of the time he could do a decent job and if it were this season instead of next, he could have been walking up for a cup winner's medal, or a loser's medal at least, in a few weeks' time.

Mr Elwood P
18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Perhaps time to hold your hands up and just admit Neilson is a brilliant manager and we're lucky to have him?

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'm inclined to agree if game time is his top priority. (BTW I'm not saying we're after him)

However, if he's realistic and is happy to play second fiddle most of the time he could do a decent job and if it were this season instead of next, he could have been walking up for a cup winner's medal, or a loser's medal at least, in a few weeks' time. (If we need a Halks replacement)

Made an arse of that!

Edited by JamboAl

Jason Kerr is one who I've mentioned before, that I think would be ideal if we could get him. Currently at Wigan, where he has been used as a squad player. Would be an ideal replacement for Souttar.

mellors1874

Hearts are now an attractive option for players who want to play in Europe.

How many teams down south offer that to players.

Over to Joe Savage now pressure is on to deliver players better than what we have now.

Exciting times.

5 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Jason Kerr is one who I've mentioned before, that I think would be ideal if we could get him. Currently at Wigan, where he has been used as a squad player. Would be an ideal replacement for Souttar.

in wigans last 8 games he has played the full 90 mins apart from their last one where he got 45 mins

RustyRightPeg
37 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Perhaps time to hold your hands up and just admit Neilson is a brilliant manager and we're lucky to have him?

Amen. 

I’ve been off this forum for about 7 or 8 months and I see his agenda still runs with legs.  

4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Because we are in Europe, we get to skip the group stages of the League cup, so our first competitive game is in the league.

Cheers ma man never knew that !

InternationalJambo
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

He turned down over 4K per week at Aberdeen hence why they pulled the contract off the table. We can and will do better.

Edited by InternationalJambo

Chuck Berry

What about Declan Gallacher?  obviously knows Halkett from their time at Livvy, has a year left to run on his contract at Aberdeen, but has only played about a dozen games.

31 now, so he'd snap your hand off for a 3 year deal, it could also get him back in the Scotland squad.

Just now, InternationalJambo said:

He turned down over 4K per week at Aberdeen hence why they pulled the contract off the table. 

He'd be going some to match that in our Championship so it is likely that only Hibs could manage it in the lower reaches of the top league - but then they've got world beaters like Rocky, Hanlon and Portaloo so won't need him.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***