*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Finlay James
2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Yeah he’s on loan from wolves. Scored the wonder goal against us in the quarter final. Aberdeen been linked with him

Wolves supporting mate at my works says he’s very highly rated at Molineux

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

13 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Wolves supporting mate at my works says he’s very highly rated at Molineux

Can’t be that highly rated if he’s 24 and on loan at St Mirren

10 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I still feel there's a player in Jordan Jones and he's hitting his prime.  

10 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Has had so many opportunities, to me he is going the wrong way.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Apparently has a stinking attitude. Probably not for us. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
6 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Yeah he’s on loan from wolves. Scored the wonder goal against us in the quarter final. Aberdeen been linked with him

Craig should have saved it. It was a great hit but should not have scored. Craig was sleeping for that one. He’ll never get caught  out by that type of shot again. 

55 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Craig should have saved it. It was a great hit but should not have scored. Craig was sleeping for that one. He’ll never get caught  out by that type of shot again. 

No sure about that mate!

59 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

No one would have saved it

BackOfTheNet
8 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Would be daft to ignore them tho. 

If a good player becomes available from them then we shouldn't ignore it just because it's the of. 

Savage and Bob will be open to all possibilities and won't be petty. 

The reality is that even a peripheral and young player like Johnstone won't want to come to us, as opposed to us dismissing him as not good enough. 

I have no doubt they’re tracking players and they won’t ignore them as they’re the OF, they’ll move on from the possibility due to better talents and financially more sound signings elsewhere, is the point I’m making.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I have no doubt they’re tracking players and they won’t ignore them as they’re the OF, they’ll move on from the possibility due to better talents and financially more sound signings elsewhere, is the point I’m making.

So you think we'll go for the best players possible?

Close the the thread then,No point in speculating or putting names forward such as Johnstone. 

You've cracked it. 

We'll just wait and see. 

BackOfTheNet
19 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

So you think we'll go for the best players possible?

Close the the thread then,No point in speculating or putting names forward such as Johnstone. 

You've cracked it. 

We'll just wait and see. 

No need to be facetious, I’m just pointing out that the only way we would go for OF players is on permanent deals, and because the OF act the way they do that will cost us a lot or we get them on a free. They won’t loan to us as we’re considered a rival to them. Of course keep an eye on the injury prone Johnston in case he becomes available somehow, and anyone can feel free to speculate as they wish. But I am also free to point out that I, personally mind, can’t see any way in which we’d get an OF player under current financial restraints unless they were freed like Halliday.

Watt-Zeefuik
19 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah, at this moment, but my original post included a good  next season and Europe. 

Ah, my mistake, I thought you were referring to offers this summer.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Ah, my mistake, I thought you were referring to offers this summer.

Nah, I agree. Too early. 

If we are in for 3rd again and if the players perform in Europe we'll do well to keep it together. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No need to be facetious, I’m just pointing out that the only way we would go for OF players is on permanent deals, and because the OF act the way they do that will cost us a lot or we get them on a free. They won’t loan to us as we’re considered a rival to them. Of course keep an eye on the injury prone Johnston in case he becomes available somehow, and anyone can feel free to speculate as they wish. But I am also free to point out that I, personally mind, can’t see any way in which we’d get an OF player under current financial restraints unless they were freed like Halliday.

You don't know that. 

You may be right and imo even guys like Johnston would be put of our reach at the moment but to discount it is just daft as we've had many of players come to us.

As per you've taken went down a rabbit hole to make a point that is boring and irrelevant as it could be applied to any player that is playing fur a bigger team. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

No sure about that mate!

1 hour ago, Steak said:

No one would have saved it

I think even he would admit it.

And yes I love him and believe him to be our best ever. My first Hearts hero’s were

Cruikshank, Anderson and Ford.

Watching it again he got caught flat footed.

HHGH

BackOfTheNet
37 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You don't know that. 

You may be right and imo even guys like Johnston would be put of our reach at the moment but to discount it is just daft as we've had many of players come to us.

As per you've taken went down a rabbit hole to make a point that is boring and irrelevant as it could be applied to any player that is playing fur a bigger team. 

Who was the last player loaned or directly purchased from the OF? (Not a free agent transfer like Gordon or Halliday)

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Who was the last player loaned or directly purchased from the OF? (Not a free agent transfer like Gordon or Halliday)

So other than the last players that came from them?

No idea. Cba looking. 

If your point is that it wil be difficult to get decent players from them, then it is made- everyone knew this tho, including me. 

In fact, to get any good player or one with potential from any  side that is bigger than us direct or not on loan will be difficult. 

Well done on bringing that astonishing fact to the board. 

Here was me thinking we'd be bidding  £15m  for Morelos and make moves for players from the top teams in England, Italy and Spain. 

Thankfully you've raised the problems with such signings. 

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

So other than the last players that came from them?

No idea. Cba looking. 

If your point is that it wil be difficult to get decent players from them, then it is made- everyone knew this tho, including me. 

In fact, to get any good player or one with potential from any  side that is bigger than us direct or not on loan will be difficult. 

Well done on bringing that astonishing fact to the board. 

Here was me thinking we'd be bidding  £15m  for Morelos and make moves for players from the top teams in England, Italy and Spain. 

Thankfully you've raised the problems with such signings. 

What’s your issue? Other than being contradictory of course as It seems you just want to post on here and have everyone adhere to your view or you get pissed. I didn’t quote you, I posted a message on a message board on the topic of transfers on a transfer topic thread. If you thought what I said was obvious and what everyone thinks, then why the need to comment on what I said? You could have just let my post drift into oblivion.

I’m not stopping you (or anyone else) from speculation on any player, and I’m not saying anyone is daft for thinking that way. But I think that making the point that it’s highly unlikely that we’ll ever get a player direct from the OF unless it’s a free transfer is a valid one. And going by the discussions maybe not something people are considering. It was my tuppence and worth even less than that. Nothing to get your back up about it. Speculate about any improbable transfer you like for all I care, but if someone says that improbable transfer is likely improbable then that’s to be expected (and easily ignored if you wish).

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, Official_AB said:

Hatem Ben Arfa 👀

What a player he was. Would have said he retired ages ago but seems he's still playing for Lille (and is still no bad as well 😂)

Guest ToqueJambo

If we're talking kind of but not really but probably unrealistic signings. Andy Carroll's West Brom contract is up at the end of the season. One year deal to strengthen the squad for Europe? He'd rip up this league even at 34 and would be perfect as a Simms alternative.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

If we're talking kind of but not really but probably unrealistic signings. Andy Carroll's West Brom contract is up at the end of the season. One year deal? He'd rip up this league even at 34 and would be perfect as a Simms alternative.

I was choking for us to sign get him on a 1y deal at the start of the season. I think he would have been immense up here. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I was choking for us to sign get him on a 1y deal at the start of the season. I think he would have been immense up here. 

I honestly can't think of a more perfect striker that could potentially be available and in our budget (if players like Naismith, Whelan and Hughes were near the end of their careers) for our current set up and team. So long as he was properly up for it and has at least 25-30 games in him he'd be amazing. Imagine him linking with Boyce and getting on the end of McKay's passes...

Edited by ToqueJambo

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I honestly can't think of a more perfect striker that could potentially be available and in our budget (if players like Naismith, Whelan and Hughes were near the end of their careers) for our current set up and team. So long as he was properly up for it and has at least 25-30 games in him he'd be amazing. Imagine him linking with Boyce and getting on the end of McKay's passes...

I know - he ended up at Reading on £1,500 pw initially. We could have comfortably doubled that to get him up here if it came to it, and aye imagine him in the box getting up for headers and latching onto long balls. 

TyphoonJambo
16 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I know - he ended up at Reading on £1,500 pw initially. We could have comfortably doubled that to get him up here if it came to it, and aye imagine him in the box getting up for headers and latching onto long balls. 

As long as he's not another bloody Whelan then yes, gets my vote.

4 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Didn't Celtic loan Ryan Christie to Aberdeen at a time when they were their main rival. I'm sure if it was beneficial to both teams they would look at objectively and make an appropriate decision.

BackOfTheNet
29 minutes ago, dougal said:

Didn't Celtic loan Ryan Christie to Aberdeen at a time when they were their main rival. I'm sure if it was beneficial to both teams they would look at objectively and make an appropriate decision.

Technically. But Celtic never seem to want to do business with us, and Rangers only like to do business one way. I’m genuinely trying to think of any loan from them to us or the last time we paid a fee for one of their players. I thought maybe Stephane Mahe, but pretty sure that was on a free too.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Technically. But Celtic never seem to want to do business with us, and Rangers only like to do business one way. I’m genuinely trying to think of any loan from them to us or the last time we paid a fee for one of their players. I thought maybe Stephane Mahe, but pretty sure that was on a free too.

Aaron Hickey probably. Even then not sure a fee was involved, just the sell on. Before that John Colquhoun? Probably the best £60k or so we ever spent.

BackOfTheNet
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Aaron Hickey probably. Even then not sure a fee was involved, just the sell on. Before that John Colquhoun? Probably the best £60k or so we ever spent.

Colquhoun is the obvious one, but even though we haven’t bought a player in a while I thought surely it has been since then. But I genuinely can’t think of one. Youth players a wee bit different of course.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Colquhoun is the obvious one, but even though we haven’t bought a player in a while I thought surely it has been since then. But I genuinely can’t think of one. Youth players a wee bit different of course.

i had a look back to around the 1998/99 season and the only players i could find that went from either of the OF directly to us were

halliday

scott gallacher (goalkeeper)

webster

mahe

durie

darren jackson

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i had a look back to around the 1998/99 season and the only players i could find that went from either of the OF directly to us were

halliday

webster

mahe

durie

darren jackson

No fee for any of them as far as I’m aware. And none on loan. Reason I mentioned it in the first place as there was discussion about Johnston at Celtic, but he’d only be coming to us if on loan or a fee paid. And other than Colquhoun, I can’t think of anyone more recent who we’ve loaned or paid a fee for from either of them.

14 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I think Scott Wright might be surplus to requirements at Rangers - he’s a player I’d like us to get. A bit injury prone as well however. 

Unfit. A stone overweight. Doesn’t look after himself. Also average. No thanks

Carl Fredrickson
20 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No fee for any of them as far as I’m aware. And none on loan. Reason I mentioned it in the first place as there was discussion about Johnston at Celtic, but he’d only be coming to us if on loan or a fee paid. And other than Colquhoun, I can’t think of anyone more recent who we’ve loaned or paid a fee for from either of them.

I am sure we paid a low six figure fee for Darren Jackson. Agree with what you say Re players from the two Glasgow teams. The likes of Dave McPherson and Hugh Burns in the 80s spring to mind. 

Edit - London Hearts says we paid £300k for Jackson! I thought it was about a third of that but we were desperate at the time as Cameron was out injured long term and we were struggling in the league. 

Edited by Carl Fredrickson

BackOfTheNet
16 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I am sure we paid a low six figure fee for Darren Jackson. Agree with what you say Re players from the two Glasgow teams. The likes of Dave McPherson and Hugh Burns in the 80s spring to mind. 

Edit - London Hearts says we paid £300k for Jackson! I thought it was about a third of that but we were desperate at the time as Cameron was out injured long term and we were struggling in the league. 

Didn’t realise that about Jackson! Did us a good turn I remember. So most recent we have is 1999. I just can’t see in a climate where the OF can get fees for players why they wouldn’t want a fee from us, and as we’re in the same league they’d want more from us than, say, a Championship club. So I can’t see us affording decent talent in fees from them. A loan would not be impossible, and despite them recently loaning to the likes of Aberdeen and Hibs, I just can’t see them loaning to us. (Even if European football exposure could be beneficial) And again, even if they were willing to loan, I imagine they’d want 100% of wages and a loan fee on top of it for the pleasure, as opposed to letting them go to the likes of Dundee Utd on loans for 50% wages or similar.

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

What is your source for £1500 a week? That's a poor wage in Scotland never mind the English Premiership....

6 hours ago, milky_26 said:

halliday

webster

mahe

durie

darren jackson

Niemi as well. I'm sure we paid a few hundred thousand for him too.

7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What is your source for £1500 a week? That's a poor wage in Scotland never mind the English Premiership....

Google is your friend. 

Batistuta87
9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Reading are at the bottom of the Championship, likely be in L1 next season. They've got FFP sanctions in place and that was the maximum wage the FA allowed them to offer. Carroll took it for 6 months basically to get back to fitness and to put himself in the shop window for a better move in January. It obviously worked because he's now with West Brom. 

Was quite widely reported shortly after he signed for them but aye he'll be back on a much better wage at West Brom now. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Hagen, Mahe not to mention the many who have taken the bus route from the old firm to us. 

We're also in a better position to attract players from any clubs in terms of financial and football packages that we have maybe been- ever. 

The same issues are there for us to attract any players from bigger clubs, not just the of. 

We don't spend fees on many players in general. 

We generally don't buy direct from man City, Barcelona, Milan clubs etc either. The reasons are obvious. 

That  poster has a habit of focusing in on one thing and trying to make a Daft point that is usually irrelevant, if not wrong. 

Boring does not cover it. 

He's on ignore now tho, so the thread will stay on point. 

Mr Elwood P
18 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Reading are at the bottom of the Championship, likely be in L1 next season. They've got FFP sanctions in place and that was the maximum wage the FA allowed them to offer. Carroll took it for 6 months basically to get back to fitness and to put himself in the shop window for a better move in January. It obviously worked because he's now with West Brom. 

Was quite widely reported shortly after he signed for them but aye he'll be back on a much better wage at West Brom now. 

Thanks. 

BackOfTheNet

Christ almighty. Pot, kettle, black and all that. Anyway, I made a point, it was a valid one (as shown by the ensuing discussion) and I stand by what I said. But in case others think so, I apologise if I bring boredom to any thread. Jesus.

Batistuta87
10 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Unfit. A stone overweight. Doesn’t look after himself. Also average. No thanks

Overweight lol are you having a laugh... Agree that he's not very good but to say he's overweight is ludicrous.  

Edited by Batistuta87

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Are we still targeting players 26 and younger for the signing model

Yes but maybe not exclusively.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Christ almighty. Pot, kettle, black and all that. Anyway, I made a point, it was a valid one (as shown by the ensuing discussion) and I stand by what I said. But in case others think so, I apologise if I bring boredom to any thread. Jesus.

Some posters just like to always have the last word.  

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Yes but maybe not exclusively.

I'm all for this. Wouldn't want us to pass up the opportunity of an excellent signing because they don't fall into a certain age bracket. Appreciate we want to try and maximise sell-on potential but we need experienced heads too. 

Wouldn't have any injury prone players over 30. Nor do i think there are many players in the SPL outwith the OF, that are good enough to improve our starting XI. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***