*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Are we still targeting players 26 and younger for the signing model

Not heard Robbie say anything to change what he said originally which was that he wanted to get the average age of the team down as we had one of the oldest squads in the league.

So far most of his signings have been early twenties (including loans) but I dare say that should an exceptional player become available and was happy to sign for us and did not fit this criteria then I don't think it would stop him signing whoever that was.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Are we still targeting players 26 and younger for the signing model

I would assume that this is a general rule of thumb and not an exclusive rule - I very much doubt that is a 29 year old superstar came along saying money is not his main goal and all he wants to do is play for the jambos we are going to point to his age and say sorry bud you don’t fit within a comment made a year ago.

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Wouldn't have any injury prone players over 30. Nor do i think there are many players in the SPL outwith the OF, that are good enough to improve our starting XI. 

There always a few and a few more rough gems in the lower leagues. 

I just can't see Mikey Johnston(e) being the man who is able to help us turn around a 25 point difference so we'll be challenging Celtic for the title next season. So it doesn't really make us rivals, so surely it's beneficial for them if we want to loan a player or two from them. They'll obviously not be able to play against Celtic but they would against anyone else and the opportunity for us to take points off rangers would be appealing to them plus we'd probably have to pay a portion of the wages too. Seems like bad business sense both financially and football wise not to entertain a loan deal if we are genuinely interested in one of their players.

Watching Luton Town with Allan Campbell in midfield v Notts Forrest.  Out of contract at the end of the season according to Transfermarket as it appears he only signed a 1 year contract when he left Motherwell.  Was linked last season.  Is he good enough?  And if so would we be an option?

1 minute ago, keifrb said:

Watching Luton Town with Allan Campbell in midfield v Notts Forrest.  Out of contract at the end of the season according to Transfermarket as it appears he only signed a 1 year contract when he left Motherwell.  Was linked last season.  Is he good enough?  And if so would we be an option?

Watching that as well. 

Not a bad shout, looks decent at that level. 

However, we'd be doing very well if we can get a player who's team is knocking on EPL door, to move back up to Scotland. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, keifrb said:

He's a brilliant player they paid money for him and is thought to be on a long term deal. 

Leveins Battalion

Luton have a transfer fund where fans pay into it monthly and it allows them to punch well above their weight.

I've mentioned this a few times on here,even through we contribute via the FOH I would happily also contribute to an additional fund to support the signing of 1st team players.Appreciate not everybody feels the same.

5 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

There always a few and a few more rough gems in the lower leagues. 

The only players outwith the OF or Hibs that are good enough to play for Hearts imo is, Calvin Ramsey, Lewis Ferguson, Regan Charles-Cook, Joseph Hungbo, Ian Harkes, Jack Fitzwater, Alan Forrest, Bruce Anderson, Connor Ronan & Kevin Van Veen. 

Most of them would be squad players at best. 

billybalfour
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

The only players outwith the OF or Hibs that are good enough to play for Hearts imo is, Calvin Ramsey, Lewis Ferguson, Regan Charles-Cook, Joseph Hungbo, Ian Harkes, Jack Fitzwater, Alan Forrest, Bruce Anderson, Connor Ronan & Kevin Van Veen. 

Some squad though

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I wonder about Lewis Ferguson. Can score a little penalty if nothing else ...

Don't know the extent of Halketts injury but reckon we should have a wee look for a free agent CB to get us to the end of the season. Sibbick was not filling me with confidence and Moore wasn't much good either. 

if there is any way we could get Simms longer term that would be great, tough going for him the way that second half panned out but always working.

We have the carrot of European football and money to pay any wages asked. Joe Savage is the man to do the business. 

24 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

if there is any way we could get Simms longer term that would be great, tough going for him the way that second half panned out but always working.

European football isn't something every player gets to experience. I reckon he'll want to come back next season, even only on loan. 

On 15/04/2022 at 10:43, wavydavy said:

Not heard Robbie say anything to change what he said originally which was that he wanted to get the average age of the team down as we had one of the oldest squads in the league.

I blame Craig Gordon

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, OTT said:

Don't know the extent of Halketts injury but reckon we should have a wee look for a free agent CB to get us to the end of the season. Sibbick was not filling me with confidence and Moore wasn't much good either. 

Sibbick and Moore are struggling.

Toby more of a concern as he is our player.

Moore, what was thinking today, acting like a moron.

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Honestly if they'd scored from that and we ended up losing, Moore would have been chased back to Bristol and rightly so. Unbelievable lack of intelligence. 

Players try and wind each other up all game, Brown and Naismith were experts at it. Porteous seems to be cut from the same cloth. Biting shows such a lack of composure and awareness. Selfishness too IMO. Could have cost us the game and if Hibs had a Kingsley then it would have. 

Moronic behaviour and kind of want Robbie to go through him for it. 

jamboinglasgow

After today, what would have been an interesting thread over the transfer window, becomes a very interesting thread. Looking forward to who we now sign.

BackOfTheNet
38 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

After today, what would have been an interesting thread over the transfer window, becomes a very interesting thread. Looking forward to who we now sign.

This. There are some very affordable quality players in England and around Europe that would fall under the “had better offers elsewhere” category previously that suddenly will be seeing Hearts as the better offer elsewhere due to 8 games of European football guaranteed. Interesting times ahead indeed. (And plenty planning time with that knowledge that out of contract players can be assuredly approached now if they hadn’t been already)

Edited by BackOfTheNet

17 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

As Hearts fans we all like to moan about Beaton but he did us a big favour by not sending Taylor Moore off for his stupid two handed push on the Hibs player. He was already on a yellow and probably should have had another.

Absolutely uncalled for and that could have cost us the game. Devlin is another who gets involved needlessly and gets himself silly bookings. He does a lot of good work but really needs to try and get this part of him under control.

Sibbick has looked unsure and lacks a bit of confidence at the moment and doesn't look like the player we had on loan before.

I think he will benefit from a full pre-season when he is at full fitness. I don't think he had played much football prior to joining us.

15 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Definitely. I do hope the SMG money serves as a cautionary tale and we're sensible with it. With Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley, Atkinson, Devlin, Beni and McKay we have the fundamentals of a good team. Just a case of adding a couple of players. Think we need to look to improve on Boyce and need to figure out if we can keep Simms next season. 

10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

As Hearts fans we all like to moan about Beaton but he did us a big favour by not sending Taylor Moore off for his stupid two handed push on the Hibs player. He was already on a yellow and probably should have had another.

Absolutely uncalled for and that could have cost us the game. Devlin is another who gets involved needlessly and gets himself silly bookings. He does a lot of good work but really needs to try and get this part of him under control.

Sibbick has looked unsure and lacks a bit of confidence at the moment and doesn't look like the player we had on loan before.

I think he will benefit from a full pre-season when he is at full fitness. I don't think he had played much football prior to joining us.

And he did hibs a favour by not sending off another 2 of their players

9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Definitely. I do hope the SMG money serves as a cautionary tale and we're sensible with it. With Gordon, Halkett, Kingsley, Atkinson, Devlin, Beni and McKay we have the fundamentals of a good team. Just a case of adding a couple of players. Think we need to look to improve on Boyce and need to figure out if we can keep Simms next season. 

Funny I was thinking about that yesterday but that money was a loan it turned out to be. We went a bit scattergun at the time

Cochrane playing for a deal btw. Had wee dip in form but been on it last few

Young lad. Understands game well. Strong physically. ‘Gets it’. 

Might be tempted if no better options

7 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Cochrane playing for a deal btw. Had wee dip in form but been on it last few

Young lad. Understands game well. Strong physically. ‘Gets it’. 

Might be tempted if no better options

Yeah, I'd like to see him try and carry the ball forward, but by and large he's sensible with the ball. (Seems to take the ball stationary a lot). 

With the absolute hell we had between Eckersley to finally getting Hickey, a competent but not exactly exciting LB shouldn't be overlooked. 

Even on his booking yesterday he was smart and didn't give anything else away. 

Certainly looks worth a deal. Keen to see how he handles the games against the OF. Think he's been a bit overawed before. 

Bazzas right boot
On 15/04/2022 at 17:26, Cruyff said:

A good list there, and one I agree with in general. 

Bar a few, We'll be looking at better player than those. 

Ramsey is good, I like him. 

Ferguson also has something about him. 

To buy Aberdeen players would be a great laugh. 

1 hour ago, Robbo51 said:

And he did hibs a favour by not sending off another 2 of their players

I don't dispute that but I don't really care about them or Beaton it was the stupidity of Taylor Moore I was highlighting.

If he had been sent off and he could and should have been then how would that leave us defensively with Souttar and Halkett both out?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

From our point of view what Moore done was stupid beyond belief. 

I don't think he thought about where he was either, it could have been a penalty if the hibs boy was in the box. 

Gave them a chance when it was our ball. Baffling from him. 

Robbie should burst him for it Tbh. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

We have the base for a good team as you rightly say but I think we need more than a couple of players.

Gordon although brilliant can surely only be good for maybe another one or two seasons. Souttar is away and Smith will be used sparingly with his injury issues. 

Beni may well be out until the latter part of this year and we don't yet know what Haring is doing nor about the loan signings.

Robbie has openly said he is hopeful of keeping two of them and I am asuming that will be Cochrane and Taylor Moore. 

That means Simms and Woodburn will be away and I would not be that worried if we tried to move Ginnelly and GMS on as well as Boyce.

So we need much more than a couple of players

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

From our point of view what Moore done was stupid beyond belief. 

I don't think he thought about where he was either, it could have been a penalty if the hibs boy was in the box. 

Gave them a chance when it was our ball. Baffling from him. 

Robbie should burst him for it Tbh. 

Exactly. Very rash and stupid of him. I know it is a high pressure game and they were very dirty and getting away with a lot but he has to be better than that and learn to keep his cool in those situations otherwise he is no use to us.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We have the base for a good team as you rightly say but I think we need more than a couple of players.

Gordon although brilliant can surely only be good for maybe another one or two seasons. Souttar is away and Smith will be used sparingly with his injury issues. 

Beni may well be out until the latter part of this year and we don't yet know what Haring is doing nor about the loan signings.

Robbie has openly said he is hopeful of keeping two of them and I am asuming that will be Cochrane and Taylor Moore. 

That means Simms and Woodburn will be away and I would not be that worried if we tried to move Ginnelly and GMS on as well as Boyce.

So we need much more than a couple of players

Taylor Moore will not be at Hearts next season.

We will be trying to get another loan for Simms, no question.

Tyler Onyongo and Tom Homes were names spoken about yesterday. Probably nothing more than made up rumours given the source but just adding them here.

22 minutes ago, Chong said:

Tyler Onyongo and Tom Homes were names spoken about yesterday. Probably nothing more than made up rumours given the source but just adding them here.

Onyongo looks awful like the guy that was at the game on crutches unless i am mistaken.

26 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Offer Hibs 20k for Porteous and put him in the reserves

Wouldn’t even pay 20p for him. Absolute huddy.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

agreed 

we were very lucky he didn’t get sent off 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

agreed 

we were very lucky he didn’t get sent off 

Yes which would leave us very short for our next match as presumably Taylor Moore would have been suspended.

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We'll defo be looking at better now that we're minted and have European football to offer. We can move up a level this summer.

Rick Sanchez
30 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Onyongo looks awful like the guy that was at the game on crutches unless i am mistaken.

Someone must know if he had lugs like him :laugh:

Looks a very tall centre mid.

46 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Offer Hibs 20k for Porteous and put him in the reserves

If he had played for Hearts instead of them, his nut would be screwed on and he'd be a far better player and professional. There's is something toxic about Hibernian.

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Reputedly Liverpool have an interest in Ramsey so our chances might be shorter

17 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

We've got no chance of getting Ramsey or Ferguson tbf. 

Aberdeen will get £3-4million for Ramsey and £2-3million for Ferguson.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Get him on loan in 2 seasons then. 😁

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***