*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, tcjambo said:

He has been on loan three times in a row and has turned 22 years old. Is he going to get an opportunity at Sevco? Might be worth an offer if he has the potential and, if I were him I'd being grabbing it with both hands, as he is far more likely to get first team football here.

The next Halkett? 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

SomethingAboutObua

The ***** with the red hand of ulster flag needs to absolutely get the **** out the stadium. Embarrassing stuff.

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Bassa reporting Hearts to start pre contract  talks with Forrest 

Free transfer, 1 in 5 as a winger. Decent squad addition like

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Free transfer, 1 in 5 as a winger. Decent squad addition like

Another winger!  Despite our position and success this season, we still need a goal scoring forward/striker.  A Kyle Lafferty type, who is scoring for fun at Killie, as is their Shaw.

Italian Lambretta
4 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Another winger!  Despite our position and success this season, we still need a goal scoring forward/striker.  A Kyle Lafferty type, who is scoring for fun at Killie, as is their Shaw.

Boyce has been shoehorned into that position and surprisingly it has worked. He is playing the best we've seen from him since he arrived. But we do still need an attacking no 10 and this must be number 1 priority.

Rick Sanchez
8 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

I think Ginnelly, McEneff and Woodburn will be away.

4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Think you're probably right. 

Forrest for Gino is an upgrade IMO. Gino has the ability to look like a football player without actually offering all that much. Pretty much just pace which he refuses to use because every time he gets the chance he slows down doing the sterling hands then fails to beat the player or the rest of the defenders get back and scupper the opportunity. 

You don't really see Ginelly using his pace to kick and chase round the defenders. He has the pace to do so, but not the confidence. If Forrest can bring us 5-10 goals a season, then thats a no brainer. He's on 5 in a pretty defensive side that don't get heaps of time with the ball. 

Bit gutted about McEneff since I don't really think he's had a proper chance to stake his claim but Robbie works with him every day, so got to assume that he's not shown enough. 

Woodburn has shown virtually nothing and I don't think has earned an extension IMO. 

Batistuta87
27 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Christ, calm down. The season's not even finished yet! Plenty time for us to find everyone we need. 

jimmy the jambo

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned and slightly off topic,I genuinely think the recontract signing of Barrie MacKay on Friday was a massive shot in the arm for us and I’m hoping Hearts could do the same midweek and get Peter Haring sorted.

I do not think we need a Kyle Lafferty type he was scoring goals but for much of the time he was playing for himself and it was not translating in to points I am also happy to keep Boyce where he is instead of bringing in a new number ten 

Batistuta87

Now that Livi are confirmed bottom six I reckon a pre-contract for Alan Forest is imminent. Its in the papers and stuff now so I think its as good as done. 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I do not think we need a Kyle Lafferty type he was scoring goals but for much of the time he was playing for himself and it was not translating in to points I am also happy to keep Boyce where he is instead of bringing in a new number ten 

Agree about Boyce. He's been excellent there. Would rather we looked for an out and out striker and leave Boyce where he is. Would happily give Simms another season but would prefer us to add another.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Agree about Boyce. He's been excellent there. Would rather we looked for an out and out striker and leave Boyce where he is. Would happily give Simms another season but would prefer us to add another.

Yes me too if Simms could add more goals which I think is likely then I would much rather him than Lafferty because his strength is an asset as you see with our first goal

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, jimmy the jambo said:

I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned and slightly off topic,I genuinely think the recontract signing of Barrie MacKay on Friday was a massive shot in the arm for us and I’m hoping Hearts could do the same midweek and get Peter Haring sorted.

I really hope this happens. 

On 08/04/2022 at 23:31, JimmyCant said:

Rangers, how ever much you want to hide from it, are miles ahead of us in terms of player quality and being equipped for European football. That’s not even worthy arguing about. That’s what happens when your in Europe year after year and you have the budget to compete. 6-7 weeks ago they schooled us

They did 'school us' but to be fair, we had a very inexperienced back 3 of Moore, Sibbick and Kingsley with Atkinson and Cochrane wing backs.

17 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

They did 'school us' but to be fair, we had a very inexperienced back 3 of Moore, Sibbick and Kingsley with Atkinson and Cochrane wing backs.

True. One of the games we missed Halkett but all 5 of the above just played against Hibs and looked comfortable 

bringonthesevco
On 08/04/2022 at 08:05, TheBigO said:

I'd be very happy with that.  Boy has the feeling of someone who could batter in 20 goals imo.  Has plenty other attributes too, his running and power alone simply get us up the park when we need it.  Not a guy defenders will want to play against.

The Woodburn debate.  Being described as a dud etc.  People need to be so polar don't they!  He hasn't torn it up, but you can see he has ability is the truth.  If the coaching team have liked his attitude - SEEING HIM DAY IN DAY OUT - then I'll trust them.

Whatever they see in training clearly isn't coming through onto the pitch.

24 Appearances - 3 Goals 1 Assist 4 Yellow Cards....

Our formation which is working really well now, has 1 "proper striker" and 3 attacking players behind him, the 3 of them need to produce goals and assists 

46 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

True. One of the games we missed Halkett but all 5 of the above just played against Hibs and looked comfortable 

Halkett, Smith and Souttar.

Can't really use Hibs as a comparison to Rangers.

We could have played without a keeper on Saturday.

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is Rudden still seen as a good potential signing? I imagine he will have a relegation clause in his pca. 😉

Not for me. Doesn't look capable of the step up from the Championship to the Premiership. Big lad like him should be scoring for fun when he's got Charlie Adam able to land the ball right on his coupon from any set piece. 

kingantti1874

Maybe we will go after the Japanese guy again  with a crack at europe, we can maybe afford to up the fee a tad..

id like to see us in that market as well as continuing look at Australia 

Rick Sanchez
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Maybe we will go after the Japanese guy again  with a crack at europe, we can maybe afford to up the fee a tad..

id like to see us in that market as well as continuing look at Australia 

I've got a gut feeling on that left winger for Australia...Marco Tilio?

I think Gowser was asked about him.

kingantti1874

yeah heard that on SATF. Sounds good

Rogue Daddy

Think this was the player he rated better than Natty (on last weeks Scarves podcast) IIRC.

Unknown user
22 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm not so sure about Ginnelly, he's important in the changing room according to Devlin

Rick Sanchez
40 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm not so sure about Ginnelly, he's important in the changing room according to Devlin

I did wonder how Ginnelly and GMS would be feeling seeing the Forrest rumours. You'd think one will go.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, I.T.K said:

The Belgium season is over with Beerschot relegated.  

Let the Shanklands rumours begin. 

I heard he's shite

Leveins Battalion
21 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Looking at Dundee Utd Defender to bring in for Soapy. 

Ross Graham?

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah that's the guy. 

Cracking young player,would of thought he was out our league financially though.

Naisys Tackle
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Cracking young player,would of thought he was out our league financially though.

I'm not sure of the specifics, just that he's been really well thought of despite being rubbish for Dunfermline on loan. 

Boyces beard
5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Ross Graham?

Still has another year left on his contract after this season so would require a fee, left footed as well which would allow Kingsley to move back out to full back/wing back

Naisys Tackle
12 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Still has another year left on his contract after this season so would require a fee, left footed as well which would allow Kingsley to move back out to full back/wing back

Win on Saturday and guaranteed £3m may make it easier a transfer, I think a player may go the other way as part of a deal too.  Maybe Gino. 

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I did wonder how Ginnelly and GMS would be feeling seeing the Forrest rumours. You'd think one will go.

I’d guess Woodburn out and Forrest in and would be quite surprised if GMS or Ginnelly left. If they go it’ll be a step down for them I’d think. 

32 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Win on Saturday and guaranteed £3m may make it easier a transfer, I think a player may go the other way as part of a deal too.  Maybe Gino. 

Would think maybe more GMS ?

I didn't want to start a new thread about this, and the summer transfer thread seems the most logical place to raise the question.  What about some of the younger players maybe making a breakthrough into the first team squad?

Robbie was talking about the contract extension for Connor Smith and said we would look at him during pre-season then decide whether to bring him into the squad or look to loan him to a Championship side for 6 months and review the situation again at that time.

We also have Pollock out on loan, who played in some pre-season matches (and maybe league cup games) this season.  We also have Henderson, Hamilton and Logan out on loan as well as some younger lads.

InternationalJambo
17 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Forrest in pre-contract talks with us over the next few fays according to BBC.  

👍

InternationalJambo
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

I didn't want to start a new thread about this, and the summer transfer thread seems the most logical place to raise the question.  What about some of the younger players maybe making a breakthrough into the first team squad?

Robbie was talking about the contract extension for Connor Smith and said we would look at him during pre-season then decide whether to bring him into the squad or look to loan him to a Championship side for 6 months and review the situation again at that time.

We also have Pollock out on loan, who played in some pre-season matches (and maybe league cup games) this season.  We also have Henderson, Hamilton and Logan out on loan as well as some younger lads.

Connor Smith will be in the first team squad or thereabouts next season, same with McGill. I would imagine Pollock will be going back out on loan.

Edited by InternationalJambo

Naisys Tackle
2 hours ago, RobNox said:

With the playoffs coming up in the other leagues and we have now confirmed 3rd, perhaps we could give them a chance when we reach the Scottish Cup Final on Saturday against the likes of Ross County and Motherwell?   There's no reason not to, especially in the couple of games after our win on Saturday. 

Batistuta87
34 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

With the playoffs coming up in the other leagues and we have now confirmed 3rd, perhaps we could give them a chance when we reach the Scottish Cup Final on Saturday against the likes of Ross County and Motherwell?   There's no reason not to, especially in the couple of games after our win on Saturday. 

Wouldn't mind seeing Pollock and Kirk getting some minutes now that we can perhaps afford to take the foot off the gas slightly. 

Ford Prentice
11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Pollock and Kirk getting some minutes now that we can perhaps afford to take the foot off the gas slightly. 

Pollock is on loan ar East Fife so can't play for us again this season.

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

If they are out on loan they can’t play for us. That rules all but the u18’s. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***