*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Good luck to Ewan Simpson, why would you not chance the dream? 16 year old and getting a grand a week to play fitbaw. :lol:

We get paid for nothing, there are no guarentees he'll make it, might not have even made it at Hearts. It's all in his hands, fair play to the laddie. 

Sell on clause hopefully and jobs a goodun'

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Unknown user
21 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Kent cost rangers £7 million to buy so just a wee bit out our price range. 

Of course, but like Woodburn he arrived at the rangers on loan. These players aren't out of the question.

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thankfully Joe Savage and even the manager have went on record as believing we can challenge the uglies, no matter what some pessimistic fans believe whilst thinking best of the rest is all we can achieve. 

They can say it and perhaps even mean it, but I doubt Robbie will quit if we end up 20+ points behind 2nd place next season 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Imaman said:

Thanks for the insult. We keep letting good prospects go and we are not progressing. 

Hey, if you’re bringing out the big font then you need to have done a bit of research 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Sell on clause hopefully and jobs a goodun'

Wouldn’t have thought we are in any kind of negotiation.  He's 15 so we will get a development fee. Not an expert by an means.

19/05/2012

Lys Mousset has been released by Sheffield United. Player we were linked with in the past, might be worth a deal but could turn out another Damour.

49 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We can't keep children against their will, that is kidnapping or slavery. 

Nonsense statement in context of we are discussing 

Edited by Imaman
Clarification

14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hey, if you’re bringing out the big font then you need to have done a bit of research 🤷‍♂️

Copy and paste does that for you

1 hour ago, Korky said:

We’ve won 4 league championships in close to 150 years so pessimism is justified by hard evidence.

Not disputing your points, but would probably make the point that in how many of those years have we actually had a competent set up? Ie that the board and the football department were either up to scratch or pulling in the same direction? 

Vlad was an ego trip.

Robinson and Deans IIRC were at each other’s throats and I don’t think either had the money or expertise.

Mercer probably the best of the lot with 1986

Not sure what came before but fairly certain the yo-yo years suggests a pretty inept board and management team. 

I think Ann Budge, Andrew McKinley, Joe Savage and Robbie Neilson are probably the most competent people we’ve had in charge of the club in 60+ years. 

The TIFO video on YouTube (on phone but look up) highlights how hard it is to win the league in Scotland, but I really believe with this management team we’re in a damn sight better a place to grow the club to begin to if not bridge the gap towards the OF to at least create an insurmountable gap between ourselves and the clubs below us. In the right season that’s a cup. Consistently, that’s multiple cups. 

1 hour ago, Imaman said:

Honest answer no I can’t but we don’t seem to trying to keep them is my point. 

So what do you think we should do that we are not doing?

PS - Maybe your answer will help Rangers as well.

Just now, JamboAl said:

So what do you think we should do that we are not doing?

Give them something, a reason to stay with Hearts rather than move away. Prospects for future development. Which I thought we had with the academy. 

1 minute ago, Imaman said:

Give them something, a reason to stay with Hearts rather than move away. Prospects for future development. Which I thought we had with the academy. 

And you know we haven't done that?

Let us know what we have done  -  and what more we could have done.

and bear in mind Rangers with better resources than ourselves are in the same boat.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, RS86 said:

Surely the fact that bigger clubs are picking up the young players we are attracting (Leonard to Brighton and even King to Swansea are other recent example) suggests we are finding a good calibre of young player though and could be taken as a sign of progress. I get what you're saying that we need some of these prospects to hit the first team, but without the financial power that these bigger clubs have we have absolutely no chance of retaining them.

They were both at the club before Levein got involved so you can’t really give the last set up praise for that. 

8 minutes ago, Imaman said:

Money speaks and that attracts many and many parents. Good luck to the lad. The  caveat I’d add to this  is than many kids look the part at 16, but for one reason or another don’t progress in the game. The game is littered with youngsters that were hailed as the next big thing, but……..!

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

They can say it and perhaps even mean it, but I doubt Robbie will quit if we end up 20+ points behind 2nd place next season 

I don’t think he will ever quit unless a better job arises. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They were both at the club before Levein got involved so you can’t really give the last set up praise for that. 

I never

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, RS86 said:

I never

But they were not that recent really, we’ve hardly produced and developed 4 or 5 players since we came out of admin, which isn’t great. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why else would he quit?

BackOfTheNet

Wild stab in the dark and I’ll say something (signing or contract extension) will be announced once the ‘’month in review” things are finished

36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

But they were not that recent really, we’ve hardly produced and developed 4 or 5 players since we came out of admin, which isn’t great. 

Considering the oldest of the 3 I mentioned is 26 I'd argue they are recent enough to recognise that bigger clubs are picking up youngsters that we are identifying and that there's a recent history of this, which was the only point I was really making irrespective of who scouted them, signed them or  coached them.

44 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Why else would he quit?

Once he wins the champions league, plus the domestic clean sweep there will be nothing left to do. Bob flying off into the distance with his no style no bottle banner fluttering  behind him

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Considering the oldest of the 3 I mentioned is 26 I'd argue they are recent enough to recognise that bigger clubs are picking up youngsters that we are identifying and that there's a recent history of this, which was the only point I was really making irrespective of who scouted them, signed them or  coached them.

Yeah but it’s only a handful of players when we should be producing and helping progress into first team players far more, as other clubs have done up here. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah but it’s only a handful of players when we should be producing and helping progress into first team players far more, as other clubs have done up here. 

I'd agree that we don't see enough make it to the first team and those who do struggle to take their chances. No guarantee the ones being picked off would either I suppose.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Imaman said:

Nonsense statement in context of we are discussing 

It's tongue in cheek but it does explain why we can't force children or young players to stay at the club. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

When Scotland fail to qualify for Qatar…

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Other clubs are hardly doing well tho. 

We got promoted and skooshed 3rd place. 

Good players and good team over age or youth everyday of the week. 

Would you rather we went with guys like Irving and walker over Benni and McKay just to tick a box?

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, RS86 said:

I'd agree that we don't see enough make it to the first team and those who do struggle to take their chances. No guarantee the ones being picked off would either I suppose.

Yeah Adam King is at Alloa currently. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

When Scotland fail to qualify for Qatar…

Next Thursday then. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Other clubs are hardly doing well tho. 

We got promoted and skooshed 3rd place. 

Good players and good team over age or youth everyday of the week. 

Would you rather we went with guys like Irving and walker over Benni and McKay just to tick a box?

I wouldn’t usually reply to your nonsense but I will because as usual you miss the point.
Bringing through our own youngsters helps the squad and saves using players out of position and when they’re not fully fit, if more of our youngsters had been blooded towards the end of the season maybe guys like Atkinson, Boyce, Simms, Haring might not have been out on their feet or jaded like McKay has looked for weeks. 
Other teams were prospering whilst bringing through youngsters whilst your hero Levein was wasting millions on the Academy and duds thar saw us relegated. 
I know you’re clueless about most football matters so maybe stick to acclaiming Neilson as the next Mourinho on the many threads you start about him. 
Yet another May 21st when you wanted Rangers to lose eh Tosh?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I wouldn’t usually reply to your nonsense but I will because as usual you miss the point.
Bringing through our own youngsters helps the squad and saves using players out of position and when they’re not fully fit, if more of our youngsters had been blooded towards the end of the season maybe guys like Atkinson, Boyce, Simms, Haring might not have been out on their feet or jaded like McKay has looked for weeks. 
I know you’re clueless about most football matters so maybe stick to acclaiming Neilson as the next Mourinho on the many threads you start about him. 
Yet another May 21st when you wanted Rangers to lose eh Tosh?

Straight in with slavers and abuse. 

Usually a sign of a person that  has no point or reasoned comeback and having read the rest of your drivel you  have confirmed that as the case. 

Shame, I thought for once you'd kick the ball and not the man, but I guess it's difficult to do that when you are consistently angling to slag Hearts and in a constant rage as Bob is still manager. 

Your straw clutching as somehow led you down the youth route as an inroad to get your not so subtle hits in at our manager, at least your having fun. 

It's funny to see what rabbit hole folk like yourself go down to get your jollies. 

I so hope Robbie and Joe find us some more young diamonds that we can improve and sell on after a few years.

I hope our old transfer policy of journeymen and last contracts for old journeymen is way in the past.

Last year's signings were so refreshing and interesting for the majority of them.

Marshall and McGeady are for others.

Can't wait for the window to open in June.

2 hours ago, OTT said:

I think Ann Budge, Andrew McKinley, Joe Savage and Robbie Neilson are probably the most competent people we’ve had in charge of the club in 60+ years. 

Only if you ignore Tommy Walker

3 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

If we do sign an older player in 30s. Would be CB.

"Craig Beattie", you say? 😉

4 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

If we do sign an older player in 30s. Would be CB.

We could do with a 'proven' candidate to replace Soapy. That back 3 with Gordon in goal are our Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci  and Barzagli. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rangers not get Bassey for free and now he's the next VVD. 

Kent was out of the bag with a couple of really good spells at Barnsley. 

You need to be on these ones prior to a loan or be able to ignore poor or interruption while on loan, Beni and Ellis both suffered 

BelgeJambo

Always wonder, how do EPL clubs look after these young 16 year olds coming down from Scotland?

Housing and general welfare?

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Only if you ignore Tommy Walker

Yeah agree with that, so we've basically had since 1967 to 2019 (with a few exceptions) where we've not had the right management in place at the club (all levels). 

Pretty galling and goes a long way to explaining the lack of silverware tbh. The fact that St Johnstone in recent years have matched us for silverware says a lot about how important it is that we have the right people in charge. 

I think we really stagnated as a club throughout the Robinson & Vlad years. Finally getting that stand sorted out was a massive step forward, but we're still roughly the same size. Hopefully more stadium works are on the horizon so we can begin to really take off and push the advantage the FOH gives us. 

22 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah agree with that, so we've basically had since 1967 to 2019 (with a few exceptions) where we've not had the right management in place at the club (all levels). 

Pretty galling and goes a long way to explaining the lack of silverware tbh. The fact that St Johnstone in recent years have matched us for silverware says a lot about how important it is that we have the right people in charge. 

I think we really stagnated as a club throughout the Robinson & Vlad years. Finally getting that stand sorted out was a massive step forward, but we're still roughly the same size. Hopefully more stadium works are on the horizon so we can begin to really take off and push the advantage the FOH gives us. 

👍

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Some French magazine trying to link us with Jan Vertonghen. :rofl: 

its from a twitter page that automatically creates rumours

tartofmidlothian
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Some French magazine trying to link us with Jan Vertonghen. :rofl: 

Now that's an over the hill thirtysomething I'd like to see us rip up our transfer policy for.

Will Grigg is available and he usually gets brought up in transfer windows. I’d sign him just for the song but I’m assuming we’d be aiming at much higher nowadays.

The Dean Of Mean Levein
9 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Will Grigg is available and he usually gets brought up in transfer windows. I’d sign him just for the song but I’m assuming we’d be aiming at much higher nowadays.

Will Grigg is on fire! 🔥 

The Dean Of Mean Levein

Sorry I've had this account since Craig Levein management days without posting, couldn't be arsed posting due to the arguing but Will Grigg song had me going 🤣

43 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

its from a twitter page that automatically creates rumours

Don't ruin this for me man.

I see Chukwuemeka from Villas youth system looks like he is being poached by Barcelona. 

it’s a disgrace they can’t hold on to their young players/give them a reason to stay/Tie them down onto infinite contracts/etc. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***