*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

BervieJambo
41 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Just done a fairly substantial search on expiring contracts in the English Championship. Some intriguing names, of which I’d be surprised we weren’t linked with at least a few: 

Andy Rinomhata - 25 - CM at Reading

Harry Toffolo - 26 - LB at Huddersfield

Josh Laurent - 27 - CM at Reading

Josh Koroma - 23 - CF at Huddersfield

Reece Burke - 25 - CB at Luton

Allan Campbell - 23 - CM at Luton

Callum O’Dowda - 27 - LW at Bristol City

Izzy Brown - 25 - CF at Huddersfield

Yan Dhanda - 23 - CAM at Swansea

Tom Holmes - 22 - CB at Reading

Fred Onyadinma - 25 - CAM at Luton

Adam Davies - 29 - GK at Stoke

Liam Thompson - 20 - CM at Derby

Romal Palmer - 23 - CM at Barnsley

Dom Ball - 26 CB/CM at QPR

Aapo Halme - 24 - CB at Barnsley

Jamal Blackman - 28 - GK at Huddersfield

A lot in here interest me. Brown, Onyadinma, Ball, Dhanda, Campbell, Burke & Laurent would be on my shortlist personally. 

I‘m pretty certain Allan Campbell is not out of contract and would have better options than us if he was… 

Of that list, I think both Burke & Ball would both fit well in our team. Not sure I know enough about any of the others, but thankfully Savage will.
One player, not out of contract, who I would pull all stops out for would be Jay Fulton at Swansea, who has fallen out of favour there. At his peak at 28, will know McKay & Kingsley well, played for us as a youth (not sure if enough to count under homegrown) and I’m sure his old man would encourage him too. Would cost us a bit, but think it would be worth it.

At the other end of the scale and maybe a little left-field, I think Iacovitti at Ross County would be a decent option. Defender in the Halkett mould, left sided, out of contract & only 24 - may not come in as first choice, but is cheap, adds cover, is reliable at Prem level and young enough to improve. Always been quietly impressed by him & think he could make the step up. I certainly reckon he’s a better player than McCart or Rooney at St J.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Absolute Scenes

If Alan Campbell is feasible then we absolutely need to jump on this. Salary online saying roughly about 5k. Would be an instant starter and still only 23

2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Agreed!

Motherwell have/had a young centre-back on loan at QofS (Darragh O’Connor). He looked a useful player to me.

Why do we never have any promising young CB's ?

section s heart
1 hour ago, bairdy said:

Correct. Felt sorry for him.

It was hard to watch first half in particular, in that the team or coaches appeared to do nothing about it, when the fans could clearly see Akka was being double teamed. 

Harder to tell second half as that side/ end of the pitch was in another post code, but it didn't look much better. 

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, section s heart said:

It was hard to watch first half in particular, in that the team or coaches appeared to do nothing about it, when the fans could clearly see Akka was being double teamed. 

Harder to tell second half as that side/ end of the pitch was in another post code, but it didn't look much better. 

The shape we played allowed rangers to double up on the flanks. That’s the hindrance of playing a 5-2-3 with inverted or narrow wide men up top. 

Unknown user
36 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You've touted his name in here before. You’re either a believer in his footie manager 2015 wonder kid status or you know something….

That's his thing now, throw names in randomly, if one actually signs he can give it "see, itk" and no one remembers all the other names that have been casually dropped 

What other names have you mentioned in the last 6 weeks @Agentjambo?

Batistuta87
50 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Alen Halilovic could do a job….

46 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You've touted his name in here before. You’re either a believer in his footie manager 2015 wonder kid status or you know something….

33 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Pretty sure it was another poster who suggested his name last season

Was me when his Birmingham deal was running out; just before he signed for Reading. He has some exceptional talent in his locker and would sit nicely in attacking mid, pinging passes around. Could be a fantastic signing. Still only 25, too.

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's his thing now, throw names in randomly, if one actually signs he can give it "see, itk" and no one remembers all the other names that have been casually dropped 

What other names have you mentioned in the last 6 weeks @Agentjambo?

I will defend AJ here. Usually a very good source and I don't think has named any more than three or four actual names.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

I will defend AJ here. Usually a very good source and I don't think has named any more than three or four actual names.

No he isn't, he's literally been making stuff up on his Twitter account for years

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

That is utter pish. He's a proven slaver. 

Look at his posting history.

28 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

If Alan Campbell is feasible then we absolutely need to jump on this. Salary online saying roughly about 5k. Would be an instant starter and still only 23

Campbell played virtually every game for a team that made the Championship play-offs this season. Only really missed games due to injury.  Hardly think we will be even close to being his next club. 

tartofmidlothian
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

I've named him several times, but this lad is our ideal backup keeper: 

Interesting. I don't know anything about him, but he sounds a better choice than Stewart, Hamilton or Jamie Mac. According to Transfermarkt he's out of contract. Maybe even good enough to develop into our Number One, he's only 23.

I like his impartial Wikipedia page. "McAdams had the game of his life in Ayr United’s Historic win at Rugby Park with some heroic saves to deny Kilmarnock a second goal as Ayr went on to win the match 2-1." :lol:

Agentjambo
19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No he isn't, he's literally been making stuff up on his Twitter account for years

What’s my twitter account?

Agentjambo
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What names have you mentioned so far?

What’s my twitter account name?

Naisys Tackle
58 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Absolutely no chance of that.  He's got 2 years left on his contract and if he was to leave it would be for 4 or 5 times what he's on now. 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What’s my twitter account name?

I don't remember mate, no offence but you're not exactly a big figure in my life! I'm sure someone else can answer that.

How many names do you reckon you've dropped on this site and how many have signed? Good percentage you think?

Agentjambo
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't remember mate, no offence but you're not exactly a big figure in my life! I'm sure someone else can answer that.

How many names do you reckon you've dropped on this site and how many have signed? Good percentage you think?

Any names I’ve posted I have never been claimed to have been signing.

If your going to have a pop make sure you know what your taking about.

Unknown user
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Thank you for clarifying you're not ITK

BackOfTheNet

I’m not getting impatient (previous threads show that I can be, but not this time), but for anyone who is, remember that lots of players will be off on holidays right now so any signings that may have already been agreed won’t be announced until they’re able to be at Tynecastle with scarf above the head. We may need to wait weeks.

RustyRightPeg
17 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Absolutely no chance of that.  He's got 2 years left on his contract and if he was to leave it would be for 4 or 5 times what he's on now. 

5940B823-9338-4066-AE16-96F184CED827.jpeg

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

That's incorrect. 

I can’t find anything to say otherwise. Not saying you’re wrong too, but when he signed it was an undisclosed length of contract. 

jamboinglasgow

I dont think anyone who is truly ITK on here will have a name of player more than a few days before the player signs. I think they will have been told some details but not a name.

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I dont think anyone who is truly ITK on here will have a name of player more than a few days before the player signs. I think they will have been told some details but not a name.

Yeah, I do think there’s a few who get told bits and pieces but it’s pretty vague. I think the days of one person knowing multiple transfers is gone. That’s not necessarily a bad thing as it means we’ve shut up shop a bit and aren’t telling the wrong people.

It does make these transfer threads a little more frustrating though. Especially when there’s a few who try to pretend they’re ITK.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
53 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

:rofl:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Anyone knocking about the reserves in the EPL. 

Obafemi I think was a real target, Europe might convince some to head North rather than Champ, particularly given Zombie Nation efforts

Agentjambo
Just now, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Anyone knocking about the reserves in the EPL. 

Obafemi I think was a real target, Europe might convince some to head North rather than Champ, particularly given Zombie Nation efforts

“I think “😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

“I think “😂

Yes, I think, which means its merely an opinion, not a desperate need to be the first with the news or acutely aware of what is going on inside Tynecastle, I'm not a sadsack

3 hours ago, bairdy said:

Correct. Felt sorry for him.

And neither directly contributed to their two goals.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 hours ago, Sooks said:

I know I was reading the Edinburgh Evening News online earlier this morning and it is wall to wall Souttar ……… how they could even assemble an article on his message to the Hearts fans I really do not know

Thanks for everything @ heartofmidlothianfc 

Actually sick of reading about him now he is no longer a Hearts player to be honest but again today more articles on him in the same paper ………… Rangers player I hope he has a shite club career for the entirety of his contract at Ibrox

Has @Sooksbeen sooksing a lemon?

Agentjambo
16 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Yes, I think, which means its merely an opinion, not a desperate need to be the first with the news or acutely aware of what is going on inside Tynecastle, I'm not a sadsack

image.png.b70ad61d8541716a16a19c7a2e4e0770.png

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 hours ago, Sertse said:

Mental a loan player says that and Souttar just said 'thanks for everything'.

Looks promising though.

Its not really when you think about it

A Simms might want to come back, Souttar is leaving for the dark side, never to return

B Souttar has been booed hissed and called every name under the sun, whilst everyone (quite rightly) wants to lick Ellis' balls

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Agentjambo said:

image.png.b70ad61d8541716a16a19c7a2e4e0770.png

Probably your most self aware post, smashing

21 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Has @Sooksbeen sooksing a lemon?

I am not sour ....................... licking a salt brick may be ..................

PapaShango

Can't see any signing news for at least a week. Most players and management will be taking a well earned rest and break. Suspect we will get some news in the first couple of weeks of June. 

11 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

whilst everyone (quite rightly) wants to lick Ellis' balls

Now THAT would be more bitter : - D

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

100 pages and the window is still a few weeks from even opening yet!

:jambobanana:

Hush now fearless one, the quest has just begun. 

:horse:

:robboyas:

Bazzas right boot

When is it OK to panic about not signing anyone while other clubs announce their signings. 

When can I combust at the thought on missing out on players while watching in horror as hibs and Aberdeen "snap up" and make swoops on players. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

100 pages and the window is still a few weeks from even opening yet!

:jambobanana:

It's not really the destination, but the journey that is fun part. 

BackOfTheNet
40 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Don’t. You and others like you got me in trouble last time! :lol:

Batistuta87
48 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yesssssssss 

😂😂😂

6 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Japanese contracts are always announced as one year expiry, even if contract is longer, so not always accurate. He could well have a few years to run.

He's also an international, so will cost a few million if not out of contract, considering Furuhashi was about 4 or 5 mil.

As a regular J league viewer, I'd be gobsmacked if a player like Ueda signed for us.

Interesting, yeah he looks like he is another furuhashi tbh could probably see him go to the Bundesliga or something, is there anyone you feel we could target and would be at our level over there, we were in for the boy ogashiwa but it looks as if he has signed a contract extension until 2024 according to transfer market.

57 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

When is it OK to panic about not signing anyone while other clubs announce their signings. 

When can I combust at the thought on missing out on players while watching in horror as hibs and Aberdeen "snap up" and make swoops on players. 

Right now is the correct answer. Clearly, players for the various positions needing upgraded should all be in the door already.

Savage OOt!!!

Absolute Scenes
3 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Ah I was going by transfermarkt. Last time I checked his contract was up in June. They’ve obviously updated it now. Forgot I even mentioned him 😅

Dick Dastardly
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s ok if it’s better teams youngsters who are at a higher level, which doesn’t help our academy players in the slightest. This won’t change next season. 

We'll find out soon enough

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***