*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, SkabalaJam said:

It's not saying a definite no, just that it's unlikely. There could be something in this?

Screenshot_20220527-013932_Samsung Internet.jpg

Too auld. 

Not our signing policy 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

51 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I wonder if we'll see something today👀

Yan Dhanda was released yesterday…

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Halliday is also really good pals with Naismith. 

He’s 30, but had two or three outstanding seasons down south. Can also play pretty much anywhere, not just left back. 

He’s also a fecking hilarious guy. 

Yeah them being pals is one of the main reasons for suggesting him - I think Halliday had a hand in getting Barrie McKay up the road (he said he was texting him etc when he found out we were interested) and wouldn't put it past him to be in Naismith's ear too. He'd be a very good addition for the sake of playing in Europe and like you say can play absolutely anywhere across the back four and midfield. He's definitely confident lol, and would be great for the dressing room because like you say he is absolutely hilarious. 

RustyRightPeg
8 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Have a feeling that the likes of Forrest, even Shankland, are intended as squad fillers not only to increase the size of the squad but also the quality in depth, and that we'll make a couple of very surprising signings to improve the first team including Simms back on a full season loan. Think we might even sign some players we've actually heard of too! Funny feeling about Kal Naismith. He's Andy Halliday's best pal so would be massively surprised if his name isn't somewhere in Robbie's black book and considering he's out of contract at Wigan he could be a great shout. Very good player who might fancy coming back up the road. 

Anyway, this week, I'm guessing: 

🟩 Defo 

No sure 

🟨 Suggestion 

🔴 No happening

-------------------

Linked with / suggested by JKB: 

🟩Ellis Simms

🟩 Lawrence Shankland

🟩 Alan Forrest

🟩 Yann Dhanda 

Peter Haring 

Alex Cochrane 

🔴 Jan Vertonghen 😂

🔴 Taylor Moore

🔴 Ben Woodburn

🔴 Karamoko Dembele 

🔴 Anyone Japanese 

What we need: 

🟩 A backup GK 

🟨 Aidan McCadams 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟩 A surprisingly good centre back 

🟨 Trent Sainsbury 🇦🇺

🟨 Murray Wallace🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟩 Left back 

🟨 Alex Cochrane 🇬🇧

🟨 Kal Naismith 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟩 A good playmaker centre/att mid 

🟨 Yann Dhanda 🇮🇳🇬🇧

🟨 Charly Musonda 🇿🇲🇬🇧

🟨 Dylan Levitt 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

🟩 A surprisingly good winger 

🟨 Marco Tilio 🇦🇺

🟨 Cole Palmer 🇬🇧 (loan)

🟨 Kayky 🇧🇷(loan)

🟩 Young centre back 

🟨 Jarrod Branthwaite 🇬🇧

🟨 Gianni Stensness 🇦🇺

🟨 Aapo Halme 🇫🇮

All complete guesses. 

Should've given you credit for this when I replied about Naismith. 

Cracking list.

Musonda didn’t cut the mustard at Celtic and hasn’t kicked a ball since unfortunately but seems pretty determined to get back.

Ford Prentice
28 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Simms will be easily affordable if he's told he has no future and can leave for nada, however if they want to wait and see with him he's out of our range and imo championship clubs will be interested in him which will make it difficult for us. 

If Everton want to either loan Simms out again or move him on I could see Rangers stepping in. They're short of strikers and would know what they were getting. If they were interested sadly we could forget it, can't compete financially.

9 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

I don’t think we can “easily afford” Simms. He is for sure out of our price range.

Another loan is far more realistic. Unless Everton sold him to us on the cheap but included a buy back clause. 

I did find it interesting that CL said, during the cup final, he thought Hearts would definately try to buy Simms. Before anyone shoots me down, I know CL is part of our set up anymore but you would still think he would be more in the know than most. 

Hearts have made a final contract offer to Peter Haring and are now awaiting an answer on the Austrian midfielder’s future.

With his existing agreement about to expire, Tynecastle officials opened talks in March aimed at keeping 28-year-old Haring in Edinburgh. Negotiations since then have dragged on and the Evening News has learned some of the details behind the delay.

Discussions took place around the length of the deal Hearts proposed. Haring and his representatives wanted another three years which would keep the player in Scotland until summer 2025. Hearts initially offered a two-year contract.

That and other details have been debated back and forth in recent weeks and a final offer has now been put forward. Hearts are hopeful that a successful conclusion is imminent. Haring said publicly that he would like the issue resolved after spending the last four years in Gorgie.

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Hearts have made a final contract offer to Peter Haring and are now awaiting an answer on the Austrian midfielder’s future.

With his existing agreement about to expire, Tynecastle officials opened talks in March aimed at keeping 28-year-old Haring in Edinburgh. Negotiations since then have dragged on and the Evening News has learned some of the details behind the delay.

Discussions took place around the length of the deal Hearts proposed. Haring and his representatives wanted another three years which would keep the player in Scotland until summer 2025. Hearts initially offered a two-year contract.

That and other details have been debated back and forth in recent weeks and a final offer has now been put forward. Hearts are hopeful that a successful conclusion is imminent. Haring said publicly that he would like the issue resolved after spending the last four years in Gorgie.

Christ, on behalf of probably 99% of the Hearts support, just give him the three years! 

Cole Palmer would be an insanely good signing. With 2 CFS joining City it's possible 

Edit- on loan of course 

Edited by Steak

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Should've given you credit for this when I replied about Naismith. 

Cracking list.

Musonda didn’t cut the mustard at Celtic and hasn’t kicked a ball since unfortunately but seems pretty determined to get back.

All good. 

Should maybe have said more about him at the time since he's been out for so long but when he was at Celtic I thought Musonda looked like he had something serious in his locker. Never quite got there as you say but he had moments where you thought "he can play". He's had a bad knee injury (apparently given a 25% chance of playing again) but seems to be back to fitness and has played a couple of games for Chelsea U23. Was in the papers a couple of days ago saying he's definitely going to be looking for a club next season. 

Could go either way. Could end up being one of those players with an injury history that really bounces back, or could spend more time on the treatment table than off it. 

Edited by Batistuta87

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Sertse said:

I wonder if we'll see something today👀

If we want to look at the tea leaves too closely, Hearts twitter (and website) has already uploaded a story about us officially joining the new SPFL womens league, and their review of October's games (they are doing a run down of each month of this season, one month a day.) The interesting thing about the review is that it normally drops around lunch time (between 12 and 1:30pm) but today it dropped at 09:30.

Most likely this is looking too much into things but you never know.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If we want to look at the tea leaves too closely, Hearts twitter (and website) has already uploaded a story about us officially joining the new SPFL womens league, and their review of October's games (they are doing a run down of each month of this season, one month a day.) The interesting thing about the review is that it normally drops around lunch time (between 12 and 1:30pm) but today it dropped at 09:30.

We must be due an end of season address from the Chairwoman, I would have thought?

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That's a market I think we should and I think are more focused on. 

However, lots of other clubs will be after these sorts as well-including championship clubs. 

Simms will be easily affordable if he's told he has no future and can leave for nada, however if they want to wait and see with him he's out of our range and imo championship clubs will be interested in him which will make it difficult for us. 

Simms isn’t easily affordable in any way.

Seeing post after post about how we should sign Simms, And it will then no doubt become a reason to have a go at the club further down the track.

At the FOH event with Joe Savage, he made it clear this will never happen, Simms is on wages on a different planet to what we pay.

Even if Everton did decide to sell him for a price that we could afford he’d have to take the kind of drop in wages someone like him just doesn’t need to, could make way more money in England.

I don’t know what the difference between him and Beni was and why Simms is getting paid so much more but a loan back again is the best we can hope for.

Just now, Leisham38 said:

Seeing post after post about how we should sign Simms, And it will then no doubt become a reason to have a go at the club further down the track.

At the FOH event with Joe Savage, he made it clear this will never happen, Simms is on wages on a different planet to what we pay.

Even if Everton did decide to sell him for a price that we could afford he’d have to take the kind of drop in wages someone like him just doesn’t need to, could make way more money in England.

I don’t know what the difference between him and Beni was and why Simms is getting paid so much more but a loan back again is the best we can hope for.

Remember at the time we thought beni was only going to be a loan signing but we were amazed we managed to sign him permanently. Simms has renewed his contract with Everton so there will be a harder to beat contract 

PapaShango
2 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

I think the only way we get Simms is on another loan deal, however it will be mostly down to Everton to send him where they think it will benefit him the most. 

PapaShango
35 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

All good. 

Should maybe have said more about him at the time since he's been out for so long but when he was at Celtic I thought Musonda looked like he had something serious in his locker. Never quite got there as you say but he had moments where you thought "he can play". He's had a bad knee injury (apparently given a 25% chance of playing again) but seems to be back to fitness and has played a couple of games for Chelsea U23. Was in the papers a couple of days ago saying he's definitely going to be looking for a club next season. 

Could go either way. Could end up being one of those players with an injury history that really bounces back, or could spend more time on the treatment table than off it. 

I was at Parkhead the night he came on against us and the Celtic fans were absolutely creaming themselves over him! He done the square root of nothing that night. However I haven't been following his career since so no idea where he has been playing. 

Batistuta87
20 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Kal Naismith is out of contract at Wigan, because he plays for Luton.  Am I missing a joke here?

I said Wigan by accident - he's at Luton as you say - but he is out of contract.

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I was at Parkhead the night he came on against us and the Celtic fans were absolutely creaming themselves over him! He done the square root of nothing that night. However I haven't been following his career since so no idea where he has been playing. 

Yeah I remember that game. Just one of those guys who looked really natural though, and like he had some serious talent and maybe just needed to settle into a team or to get his confidence up. Like I say, a gamble, and could be a horrendous failure or a big success depending on attitude and fitness. He's saying all the right things attitude wise; just needs to apply it wherever he ends up.

PapaShango
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah I remember that game. Just one of those guys who looked really natural though, and like he had some serious talent and maybe just needed to settle into a team or to get his confidence up. Like I say, a gamble, and could be a horrendous failure or a big success depending on attitude and fitness. He's saying all the right things attitude wise; just needs to apply it wherever he ends up.

Just looked at his stats and he only played 4 times for Celtic and seems to have had a horrendous time of it with injury. He would be a risk but undoubtedly has talent to have been in and around Chelsea's first team.

Batistuta87
20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Haha! Someone - possibly @Sertse - had a go at analysing Hearts' social media activity during the last window to try and work out when big news might be landing, with mixed results 😆

PapaShango

Haha! Someone - possibly @Sertse - had a go at analysing Hearts' social media activity during the last window to try and work out when big news might be landing, with mixed results 😆

Something would be good to give us something to talk about! Even Haring signing a contract would be good news. 

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Something would be good to give us something to talk about! Even Haring signing a contract would be good news. 

Sounds like that's close according to the story posted above. You'd think we would jump at the chance to get him tied down for another year but sounds like we might be dragging our heels slightly.

Edited by Batistuta87

We need more dynamism and pace. We did okay but probably over achieved. It's a bit slow and predictable. 2 or 3 midfield/ wide men. Boyce could replace Simms and his role in midfield replaced. 

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah I think 95% of the time it is wrong, but at least gives something when there is nothing happening.

To be honest I dont think there will be news today. Was thinking we might have had a player lined up on a pre-contract that we wanted to wait till the season had finished before being announced but doesn't seem like thats the case.

11 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Have a feeling that the likes of Forrest, even Shankland, are intended as squad fillers not only to increase the size of the squad but also the quality in depth, and that we'll make a couple of very surprising signings to improve the first team including Simms back on a full season loan. Think we might even sign some players we've actually heard of too! Funny feeling about Kal Naismith. He's Andy Halliday's best pal so would be massively surprised if his name isn't somewhere in Robbie's black book and considering he's out of contract at Wigan he could be a great shout. Very good player who might fancy coming back up the road. 

Anyway, this week, I'm guessing: 

🟩 Defo 

No sure 

🟨 Suggestion 

🔴 No happening

-------------------

Linked with / suggested by JKB: 

🟩Ellis Simms

🟩 Lawrence Shankland

🟩 Alan Forrest

🟩 Yann Dhanda 

Peter Haring 

Alex Cochrane 

🔴 Jan Vertonghen 😂

🔴 Taylor Moore

🔴 Ben Woodburn

🔴 Karamoko Dembele 

🔴 Anyone Japanese 

What we need: 

🟩 A backup GK 

🟨 Aidan McCadams 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟩 A surprisingly good centre back 

🟨 Trent Sainsbury 🇦🇺

🟨 Murray Wallace🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟩 Left back 

🟨 Alex Cochrane 🇬🇧

🟨 Kal Naismith 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

🟩 A good playmaker centre/att mid 

🟨 Yann Dhanda 🇮🇳🇬🇧

🟨 Charly Musonda 🇿🇲🇬🇧

🟨 Dylan Levitt 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

🟩 A surprisingly good winger 

🟨 Marco Tilio 🇦🇺

🟨 Cole Palmer 🇬🇧 (loan)

🟨 Kayky 🇧🇷(loan)

🟩 Young centre back 

🟨 Jarrod Branthwaite 🇬🇧

🟨 Gianni Stensness 🇦🇺

🟨 Aapo Halme 🇫🇮

All complete guesses. 

Levitt would be a good singing on loan 

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Levitt would be a good singing on loan 

Free agent mate. His contract with Man Utd ends at the end of June. 

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Eveb better. Get in there first.

Is he even better. Maybe some teams down south will be snooping about I’m sure he is a Welsh international too.

Did Savage not say that if Forrest does not want to sign we would approach Wolves about Ronan .................................... personally I will be rather pleased if Forrest has decided not to bother

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Did Savage not say that if Forrest does not want to sign we would approach Wolves about Ronan .................................... personally I will be rather pleased if Forrest has decided not to bother

Ronan any day for me. Or Levitt.

Edited by TypoonJambo

Batistuta87
10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I'd prefer Ronan, but they are similar players and we might be looking at Forrest as better value considering he's free and probably on quite low wages. Ronan by comparison would be either on loan or with a fee, and probably decent wages too considering he's coming from an EPL side. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Similar players and would assume Forrest would be better value considering he's free and probably on quite low wages. Ronan by comparison would be either on loan or with a fee, and probably decent wages too considering he's coming from an EPL side. 

Shades of signing Gnando instead of Adebayo due to price there hope fully a lesson learned

I'd be happy to sign either Ronan or Levitt based on how they did last season in our league, but also think it's worth recognising that along with Beni, Simms and Cochrane there seems to be a lot of good talent available from EPL sides. I'd never really seen or heard of any of these guys prior to this season too, so will be interested to see who else we can pluck from this market.

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Shades of signing Gnando instead of Adebayo due to price there hope fully a lesson learned

Fair point. We know Forrest is decent in the league though so wouldn't be quite as bad I don't think lol.  

PapaShango
15 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Is he even better. Maybe some teams down south will be snooping about I’m sure he is a Welsh international too.

Yeah he has 10 caps for Wales and was voted Dundee Utd's player of the year by the fans. He scored a few goals at the tail end of the season (including against us). 

PapaShango
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think Gnando was a complete unknown in this league, where Ronan has played a season up here, is young and is in and around the ROI squad. I've been impressed with him every time I have watched him last season. 

Fair point. We know Forrest is decent in the league though so wouldn't be quite as bad I don't think lol.  

Yes hope fully all though I get the impression Forrest is not keen enough on the move so I would be happy enough to see us switch our attention else where

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

I think Gnando was a complete unknown in this league, where Ronan has played a season up here, is young and is in and around the ROI squad. I've been impressed with him every time I have watched him last season. 

Yes I agree me too I was more meaning going for Forrest instead of him because it is the cheaper option .......................... some times it is a false economy

johnking123

Our budget has increased so much that we can go for high cost target's.  Had to wait to see what budget we had for coming season. Would not be worried lads !!

PapaShango
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Yes hope fully all though I get the impression Forrest is not keen enough on the move so I would be happy enough to see us switch our attention else where

If he was signing for us not sure what the hold up is with him. Can't really recall him too much in any games although he did score a few goals last season. Got to trust the recruitment process, JS seems to know what he is doing. 

9 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

If he was signing for us not sure what the hold up is with him. Can't really recall him too much in any games although he did score a few goals last season. Got to trust the recruitment process, JS seems to know what he is doing. 

Yes agreed

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Our budget has increased so much that we can go for high cost target's.  Had to wait to see what budget we had for coming season. Would not be worried lads !!

John you continue to be the good news king. Have you heard if we will be able to get out targets early on, or is it likely to be end of window stuff? Just considering we would need to bake our European squad soom

12 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

I look forward to your posts John 🙂

Batistuta87
11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Think he's probably just keeping his options open which is probably fair enough at this stage of the transfer window. Clubs down south are just finalising their retained / released lists so he's maybe waiting to see if he gets any offers from down there. Can't see us waiting around for him - he's not that special - so if that's the case I think we'll move on.

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

I said Wigan by accident - he's at Luton as you say - but he is out of contract.

Oh right, thanks.  Didn't know he was out of contract.  Looks like he's done well at Luton by all accounts.

I know it is not always possible however it would be really nice if we have the bulk of our signings in at the start of our pre season build up.

It gives them time to get their fitness levels up to spedd and to meet their new team-mates.

King prawn

If Forrest wants to go to Dundee United instead of Hearts, someone offer to drive him to Dundee. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Leisham38 said:

That's why I said he'd only be possible if he's told he has no future and can leave. 

That hasn't happened. 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***