*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Dick Dastardly
3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

5940B823-9338-4066-AE16-96F184CED827.jpeg

That's surely a mistake, no? I would have thought he would have signed for more than 1 yr

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Its not really when you think about it

A Simms might want to come back, Souttar is leaving for the dark side, never to return

B Souttar has been booed hissed and called every name under the sun, whilst everyone (quite rightly) wants to lick Ellis' balls

Bit silly from Souttar, fans reacted with anger to him bumping us for a domestic rival. Strictly from a fans view, what did he expect? Had he done it at the end of the season, there would have been some grumbles but that would have been that. He put himself in the firing line on that one and its entirely his own fault. I think regardless of that, 3 words for 6 years speaks volumes. Moves don't always work out, so petty actions like that are daft, especially if staying in Scotland is so important to him. 

Sincerely hope we see big Ellis back. I think him and Shankland could be a brilliant piece of business, even if Simms is only on loan again. 

Think its going to be quite a long summer as we wait for transfer news. Hopefully things move quicker though with Europe to prepare for. 

Unknown user
Just now, OTT said:

Bit silly from Souttar, fans reacted with anger to him bumping us for a domestic rival. Strictly from a fans view, what did he expect? Had he done it at the end of the season, there would have been some grumbles but that would have been that. He put himself in the firing line on that one and its entirely his own fault. I think regardless of that, 3 words for 6 years speaks volumes. Moves don't always work out, so petty actions like that are daft, especially if staying in Scotland is so important to him. 

Sincerely hope we see big Ellis back. I think him and Shankland could be a brilliant piece of business, even if Simms is only on loan again. 

Think its going to be quite a long summer as we wait for transfer news. Hopefully things move quicker though with Europe to prepare for. 

I think it's understandable, a close relative of his is having serious health issues, and instead of support and understanding from Hearts fans that he wants to stay up here (myself included, I was raging), he got abuse at a difficult personal time for him.

Now to be fair, we didn't know any of that until levein (IIRC) said it but he got pretty much no sympathy even when we did find out. Again, myself included.

Fair play to the big guy, he's a master at taking his digs and getting back up again, I'm glad we've seen so much if him in maroon. Good luck to him personally, bad luck the rangers.

fast_blood
7 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

That's surely a mistake, no? I would have thought he would have signed for more than 1 yr

According to reports at the time of his signing, it was an undisclosed length of contract 

8 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Contract ends 2023 I believe 👍🏻

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Totally agree. Simms and Shankland with Euan Henderson to get some game time would do me. To start with.

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Right now is the correct answer. Clearly, players for the various positions needing upgraded should all be in the door already.

Savage OOt!!!

On. It

Simpsons_time-to-panic-2-13_DABF17_F4-1.jpg

Just now, fast_blood said:

According to reports at the time of his signing, it was an undisclosed length of contract 

Maybe the club has a couple years option? or maybe thats what Transfermarkt does when the contract length isn't really known?

Bit sus it being so vague though, thought this sort of thing was just public knowledge.

What people need to remember is other clubs like hibs announcing signings need to in order to entice season tickets. Even if we had some in the bag which I think we do we won’t announce for a while to then drum up media interest and tickets later. 

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

What people need to remember is other clubs like hibs announcing signings need to in order to entice season tickets. Even if we had some in the bag which I think we do we won’t announce for a while to then drum up media interest and tickets later. 

I’d be very surprised if we have much more than a couple of hundred single tickets left after the renewal phase.

but I’m also not worried about hibs. They have a huge gap to try and make up and We should be shopping in a different market.

more importantly I trust Joe and the team.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Anyone knocking about the reserves in the EPL. 

Obafemi I think was a real target, Europe might convince some to head North rather than Champ, particularly given Zombie Nation efforts

Guys like Woodburn and Cochrane? 

🤔

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’d be very surprised if we have much more than a couple of hundred single tickets left after the renewal phase.

but I’m also not worried about hibs. They have a huge gap to try and make up and We should be shopping in a different market.

more importantly I trust Joe and the team.

It wil be task to maintain 3rd place, that task shouldn't be under rated either, folk get caught up in the dream of catching The OF when in reality getting third twice or more in row is something that we rarely do. 

Aberdeen and hibs will aim to catch us, we are hardly at a level to dismiss them. 

Naisys Tackle
4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I can’t find anything to say otherwise. Not saying you’re wrong too, but when he signed it was an undisclosed length of contract. 

They signed him on a four year deal and paid good money.  ( 2 year plus two year extension). 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Ah I was going by transfermarkt. Last time I checked his contract was up in June. They’ve obviously updated it now. Forgot I even mentioned him 😅

He's signed a new deal since his original 2 year bud.  

kingantti1874
50 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It wil be task to maintain 3rd place, that task shouldn't be under rated either, folk get caught up in the dream of catching The OF when in reality getting third twice or more in row is something that we rarely do. 

Aberdeen and hibs will aim to catch us, we are hardly at a level to dismiss them. 

I’m not saying we can dismiss them.  Far from it.  BUT we are quite a distance in front.. AND we should have greater spending power and pull in the transfer market.

I trust Joe to do the job and put clear air between us

Edited by kingantti1874

Bazzas right boot
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

I’m it saying we can dismiss them.  Far from it.  BUT we are quite a distance in front.. AND we should have greater spending power and pull in the transfer market.

I trust Joe to do the job and put clear air between us

Hibs and Aberdeen were even further in front of us 1/2 seasons ago, it can change quickly. 

We are in the driving seat tho. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Hibs and Aberdeen were even further in front of us 1/2 seasons ago, it can change quickly. 

We are in the driving seat tho. 

Yes very true.  I just trust Joe Savage and team to dig up another couple of beni’s

52 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah, it'll be a lot harder next season.

Aberdeen will net "a lot" of money from the sale of Ferguson & Ramsey and, Ron surely has to back Lee Johnson this summer. 

We just need to keep widening gap through quality summer recruitment.

European football will be a huge carrot for a lot of players out of contract in England who earn comparative wages to what we offer and who play the same mundane season, every season, with no chance of promotion or silverware. Same goes with players throughout Europe and the rest of the world. 

Couple of Argentinians upfront would be 👌

ab5d37e816ca91ca3aef9e57297288fe.thumb.jpg.22b810f3ec4852387a303b120e9b8fe7.jpg

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aberdeen will net "a lot" of money from the sale of Ferguson & Ramsey and, Ron surely has to back Lee Johnson this summer. 

European football will be a huge carrot for a lot of players out of contract in England who earn comparative wages to what we offer and who play the same mundane season, every season, with no chance of promotion or silverware. Same goes with players throughout Europe and the rest of the world. 

Maybe, but they might find the climate and culture and issue. 

I think we need a bigger target that is used to cold and can play up top by themselve. 

410f31f35f5e10458d12d5e22ce396f9.jpg

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

Contract ends 2023 I believe 👍🏻

There he is, the only reason I come on this thread. Any info mate?

john thomas
32 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Upfront you say 

Famous 1874

A good thread looking at our squad to next season and looking ahead to the transfer window. 

Seen a reply to this suggesting that GMS and Gino had good seasons? Laughable 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Guys like Woodburn and Cochrane? 

🤔

Hmmm....was thinking more Simms and Obafemi. Cochrane has done ok and had he been signed from say Rotherham, he would have been seen as a decent pick up. Never getting signed by Brighton I wouldn't think 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

The one on the right goes to the same orthodontist as McCulloch

Gary Locke

What about Shaun Rooney at St Johnstone? Out of contract this summer, scores goals, strong... i think worth a punt

8 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

What about Shaun Rooney at St Johnstone? Out of contract this summer, scores goals, strong... i think worth a punt

out of 32 games in all competitions he has scored 4 goal this (last) season and those goals all came against dundee or ICT

We need some good signings for sure. I hope Haring and C. Smith stay. Hendo is good enough to contribute. Think might be smart to give Logan some minutes 

I wish people would learn. ‘Get rid of Gino/GMS/Sibbick/Natty, they are all rubbish’ 

Days of massive turnover in the squad is done. You have to back the players to come good. Look at Halks this season. This time last year i‘d have happily seen the back of him. Now he’s arguably our second most important player and likely vice captain. 

Gino/Natty/Sibbick will come good. GMS is an experienced squad player. I think Hendo, Logan and Conor Smith can be good options too

Lets focus on filling gaps already in the squad rather than creating more problems and even more turnover.

I hope we never go back to days under Levein where it was 10 players in every summer and January. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
16 minutes ago, R1874 said:

We need some good signings for sure. I hope Haring and C. Smith stay. Hendo is good enough to contribute. Think might be smart to give Logan some minutes 

I wish people would learn. ‘Get rid of Gino/GMS/Sibbick/Natty, they are all rubbish’ 

Days of massive turnover in the squad is done. You have to back the players to come good. Look at Halks this season. This time last year i‘d have happily seen the back of him. Now he’s arguably our second most important player and likely vice captain. 

Gino/Natty/Sibbick will come good. GMS is an experienced squad player. I think Hendo, Logan and Conor Smith can be good options too

Lets focus on filling gaps already in the squad rather than creating more problems and even more turnover.

I hope we never go back to days under Levein where it was 10 players in every summer and January. 

I respect your sensible approach quality over quantity with a pathway for a youth we still need to bulk up the squad with Europe and especially if we want to up our game and challenge for silverware and get over the line 

We still require 5 to 6 new signings to be able to make an instant impact for the new season ahead 

Leveins Battalion
20 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Rooney is no way better than Atkinson!

Rooney has 2 Cups to his name,Atkinson has none.Now I'm not saying he won't have,but right now comparing him to Rooney is daft as he has won feck all.

Leveins Battalion
46 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

out of 32 games in all competitions he has scored 4 goal this (last) season and those goals all came against dundee or ICT

Sound he plays right back.😂

Berra than you
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Rooney has 2 Cups to his name,Atkinson has none.Now I'm not saying he won't have,but right now comparing him to Rooney is daft as he has won feck all.

Atkinson hasn't played in a relegation playoff either. What a daft way to measure a players ability.

BackOfTheNet

Ah, man scores on Sky Sports and gets nominated on here to be a good signing. When people point out that outside said Sky Sports highlights said player has been otherwise shite for a while now in a shite team it’s time to double down. Shaun Rooney, just no.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

What has that got to do with signing a player or evaluating him ffs.

That's a belter.

johnking123

Atkinson is already a better player than Rooney and younger too. He will even better next season.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

What has that got to do with signing a player or evaluating him ffs.

That's a belter.

So Rooney who has won 2 Cups in Scotland and in fact scored in the finals they won as it stands is not better than Atkinson who has done **** all and gave away a goal in the last Scottish Cup makes no sense?

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Craig Halkett doesn’t have a domestic cup winners medal. Does that mean we should replace him with Liam Gordon?

Perhaps we should,some were touting Gordon on here earlier in the season when we were all calling Halkett a fat *****.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

So Rooney who has won 2 Cups in Scotland and in fact scored in the finals they won as it stands is not better than Atkinson who has done **** all and gave away a goal in the last Scottish Cup makes no sense?

:facepalm:

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Perhaps we should,some were touting Gordon on here earlier in the season when we were all calling Halkett a fat *****.

You forgetting these donuts were playing in a relegation play off last night? 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Ryan Edwards scored against Celtic in a cup final for us, didn't see anyone argue we should keep him.

I dont get this "Atkinson is pish" stuff, he has been fine. He is also adjusting to playing in Scotland. He will get better and better.

August Landmesser

Has Shaun Rooney finally outed his secret account on here?

Batistuta87
21 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

What a ridiculous way to compare players. 

Murray Davidson has a cup winners medal so he must be better than Peter Haring.... 

1 hour ago, Big Bruno said:

There he is, the only reason I come on this thread. Any info mate?

Believe we have been speaking to an Aussie defender for the past 2/3 weeks, has offers in other parts of Europe also. We are pushing for 4/5 signings for pre season so expect movement on deals rather soon 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You're having a shocker. Away and sleep on it, have another shot at this tomorrow.

So is Rooney a double Cup winner or not?

If Rooney achieved that with Hearts what status would we hold him in?

Atkinson will never achieve this in the Scottiah game.😂

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

What a ridiculous way to compare players. 

Murray Davidson has a cup winners medal so he must be better than Peter Haring.... 

In 100 years Davidson will be a cup winner Haring (at present will not)

Nobody remembers losers.

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

So is Rooney a double Cup winner or not?

If Rooney achieved that with Hearts what status would we hold him in?

Atkinson will never achieve this in the Scottiah game.😂

Honestly your logic is all over the shop. 

Gareth Barry won the prem but Steven Gerrard never. Must mean Barry was a better player and nobody will remember Gerrard.

Ridiculous.

Edited by RustyRightPeg

Bob Loblaw

Nobody remembers losers.

Some line of argument that. Ludicrous.

Batistuta87

Nobody remembers losers.

Does that make him a better player though? 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***