*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Nookie Bear
4 hours ago, Section Q said:

I can’t see it tbh

The Cup Final, when Boyce went off, should have been his time but Robbie doesn’t trust him in that situation and I doubt many of us would either. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Got a feeling he might land up here. Robbie apparently rates him.

I’d be shocked if he did. He might rate him but he hasn’t done enough to earn a deal. It would be a fairly decent wage to gamble on him coming good, don’t think RN will gamble the wage. 

Horatio Caine
7 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This thread

:cornette:

Can a new one be started which is actually semi-sensible?

I'm sure it can be started but I wouldn't give it very long before all the usual crap starts getting posted.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Every morning check is left with the same disappointment. I wish the top level virtual managers would leave the thread for actual hearts transfer news and spoil every other thread. Oh wait……🙄

Agree with this.

We need a "Hearts real transfer news" thread  and a "slavering pish about Hearts transfers" thread

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Just wait till some people find out Shaun Rooney is a massive Celtic fan and doesn’t hide it when out in Glasgow.

Won't matter. 

Lots on here wish Glasgow sides such as rangers well and have no issue with Halliday openly supporting a Glasgow side. 

No reason it wouldn't work both ways with these posters. 

🤔

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I can’t see it tbh

The Cup Final, when Boyce went off, should have been his time but Robbie doesn’t trust him in that situation and I doubt many of us would either. 

Me neither unless he is a development / squad type player which means he'll be taking a massive wage drop. 

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Won't matter. 

Lots on here wish Glasgow sides such as rangers well and have no issue with Halliday openly supporting a Glasgow side. 

No reason it wouldn't work both ways with these posters. 

🤔

I find it strange anyone that supports Hearts would hate either side of the old firm more. 

PapaShango
45 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Angus Thurgate is one we are keeping tabs on. 

Not surprised we are keeping tabs on the Aussie market, we have had relative success from it recently. No idea how good he is but he's the right age and has potential sell on value. 

BackOfTheNet

Quite a few people demonstrating they don’t know how an Internet forum works. Yes, a lot of pish can get posted in these threads (and I know lurkers have crawled out from posting hiatus to tell me they didn’t like what I’ve posted in the past) but if there was any serious transfer conversation going on it would be prominent in the thread and wouldn’t be missed. So dry your eyes folks. Have a go at the incessant trolls or pedants or multi posters without reply. Don’t have a go at general chat about transfers just cause you can’t be bothered to scroll a few pages.

Anyway, Angus Thurgate is the latest name. Discuss!

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I find it strange anyone that supports Hearts would hate either side of the old firm more. 

Sticking to football, One side cheated our club out of trophies, European football, cash and league positions as it dodged tax and built a squad it could not otherwise afford. 

They also went bust and got to keep that history. 

If you stick to football I find it strange that more folk don't dislike rangers more as they cheated Hearts and Scottish football for over a decade. 

Ofc, that's if you stick to football and leave out politics, culture and religion. 

Not strange, perfectly logical. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Mister Dee

There seem to be a relationship between lack of summer transfer activity & absolute madness.  

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Quite a few people demonstrating they don’t know how an Internet forum works. Yes, a lot of pish can get posted in these threads (and I know lurkers have crawled out from posting hiatus to tell me they didn’t like what I’ve posted in the past) but if there was any serious transfer conversation going on it would be prominent in the thread and wouldn’t be missed. So dry your eyes folks. Have a go at the incessant trolls or pedants or multi posters without reply. Don’t have a go at general chat about transfers just cause you can’t be bothered to scroll a few pages.

Anyway, Angus Thurgate is the latest name. Discuss!

Hes 22 so works with Savages recruitment strategy. Looks like about 1 in 10 in terms of goals to games, which could be better. Although it looks like he’s scored 5 in 23 last season so those stats are misleading and he’s definitely on the up.

Ronan or Levitt IMO look like better options, but our recruitment team know what they’re doing, and much like Devlin he could be a hidden gem.

john thomas
1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Just wait till some people find out Shaun Rooney is a massive Celtic fan and doesn’t hide it when out in Glasgow.

Shaun Rooney , Celtic fan ?

Well I never !

BackOfTheNet
12 minutes ago, OTT said:

Hes 22 so works with Savages recruitment strategy. Looks like about 1 in 10 in terms of goals to games, which could be better. Although it looks like he’s scored 5 in 23 last season so those stats are misleading and he’s definitely on the up.

Ronan or Levitt IMO look like better options, but our recruitment team know what they’re doing, and much like Devlin he could be a hidden gem.

Do we know what type of midfielder? Another general in the middle, or a ball winner, or anchor or do we have someone a bit creative? Hopefully some Aussie based fans can come on and tell us a bit. Never heard of the guy until the post on here this morning so I’m clueless.

AlimOzturk

I think Woodburn could come good. 22 is the perfect age for a winger to come into their prime. He must have something for Liverpool to have given auch an opportunity 

39 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Me too

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

19yr old Dembele at Celtic looks set to be a free agent? Is he beyond us? 

He's a ball greedy wee fud who thinks he is an absolute ticket, unfortunately. If he can wrap that pish though and learn how to play as part of a team, he could be a cracking player. 

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Agree with this.

We need a "Hearts real transfer news" thread  and a "slavering pish about Hearts transfers" thread

Exactly, let's do it!

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

I can’t see it tbh

I thought it was a sign he was away when he didn't come on, even for a cameo role, with a few minutes left in a cup final we'd already lost.

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Got a feeling he might land up here. Robbie apparently rates him.

Doubt it, or hope not, English L1 obscurity is my prediction

On 23/05/2022 at 20:18, briever said:

It really was bewildering that Kirk never got a start in the last 5 matches - the risk reward from playing him speaks for itself.

It's not bewildering at all, he was/is injured 👍

PapaShango
38 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

19yr old Dembele at Celtic looks set to be a free agent? Is he beyond us? 

Not really seen enough of him but probably another OF youngster who has been over hyped to the maximum. I recall he did come on as a sub against us once at Parkhead and looked fast and direct so obviously has ability and something about him to be in and around the first team. 

29 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He's a ball greedy wee fud who thinks he is an absolute ticket, unfortunately. If he can wrap that pish though and learn how to play as part of a team, he could be a cracking player. 

This in spades. Laddie has been spoon fed that he’s a wonderkid and football is lucky to have him etc. He’s the next Islam Feruz. Will be snapped up by some club down south who believe the hype and he’ll steal a living as an overpaid reserve to be released in his mid 20s with less than 5 first team appearances IF HES LUCKY. 

Keep well clear. 

4 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

The S*n saying Villa are going to sign our kid Ewan Simpson in July, £250,000 compensation apparently.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8916314/steven-gerrard-aston-villa-hearts-starlet/

Considering our track record with youngsters, it’s probably the first time the academy has generated money in several years. 

Obviously not happy to be losing him, but that’s a reasonable fee for someone who might not even make it. 

tartofmidlothian
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Considering our track record with youngsters, it’s probably the first time the academy has generated money in several years. 

Obviously not happy to be losing him, but that’s a reasonable fee for someone who might not even make it. 

Buttons to Villa, I guess. I don't make a habit of reading the S*n, but their sports pages always used to have accurate info.

Batistuta87
26 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

The S*n saying Villa are going to sign our kid Ewan Simpson in July, £250,000 compensation apparently.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8916314/steven-gerrard-aston-villa-hearts-starlet/

Would like to see him eventually get a chance at Hearts and maybe go for more later down the line, but getting some money now and hopefully a % sell-on is relatively risk free from our perspective and probably good business in the long run. The responsibility for his development shifts to Villa and we hopefully still make some money if he cracks on and gets another move from there. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Valentinho
12 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

And this is why he is held in legendary status with Hibs,its the absolute pinnacle of ours and Hibs existence.We ain't winning the League EVER.

Then why even enter the competition??!!

Winning the league will be really tough for anyone outside the Old Firm, but not impossible. What Scottish football needs is for not just Hearts, but also Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hibs (and others to a lesser degree) to become stronger and take some at least points off the OF.

It was just such a scenario that allowed Leicester to win the EPL - Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc were maybe not quite so strong that year, but Leicester (to their eternal credit) took full advantage. Why could that not happen here, especially with the strong financial position Hearts will be enjoying for the next while?

2 minutes ago, Valentinho said:

Then why even enter the competition??!!

Winning the league will be really tough for anyone outside the Old Firm, but not impossible. What Scottish football needs is for not just Hearts, but also Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hibs (and others to a lesser degree) to become stronger and take some at least points off the OF.

It was just such a scenario that allowed Leicester to win the EPL - Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc were maybe not quite so strong that year, but Leicester (to their eternal credit) took full advantage. Why could that not happen here, especially with the strong financial position Hearts will be enjoying for the next while?

Pie in the sky stuff plus the gap between premiership teams isn’t remotely close to the gap between the OF and the rest so is a nonsense comparison. 

Jambo 4 Ever
44 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Would like to see him eventually get a chance at Hearts and maybe go for more later down the line, but getting some money now and hopefully a % sell-on is relatively risk free from our perspective and probably good business in the long run. The responsibility for his development shifts to Villa and we hopefully still make some money if he cracks on and gets another move from there. 

We still are not very good at allowing our young players get some game time

Especially in those last few games of the league - would have been ideal 

what’s the point of having a good youth system if we don’t us it?!

PhoenixHearts
12 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

So is Rooney a double Cup winner or not?

If Rooney achieved that with Hearts what status would we hold him in?

Atkinson will never achieve this in the Scottiah game.😂

Judging a player purely on cups is a bit silly, no?

Is Paul Hanlon (1 Cup) better than John Souttar (0 Cups)? 

Jason Cummings has the same amount of Scottish Cup wins as John Robertson, so are we to believe their respective careers are of the same quality?

Before Atkinson came to us he was fresh off winning the Joe Marston medal (player of the match) in the A-League Grand Final for Melbourne City. He's only 22 and has a much higher ceiling than this Rooney character 

Btw Rooney is celtic daft, which isn't a problem in itself (eg Hartley) but on his Instagram he publicly posts about going to eltic games while being an active St Johnstone player. Can't imagine that going over well with our support.

tartofmidlothian
2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Judging a player purely on cups is a bit silly, no?

Is Paul Hanlon (1 Cup) better than John Souttar (0 Cups)? 

Jason Cummings has the same amount of Scottish Cup wins as John Robertson, so are we to believe their respective careers are of the same quality?

Before Atkinson came to us he was fresh off winning the Joe Marston medal (player of the match) in the A-League Grand Final for Melbourne City. He's only 22 and has a much higher ceiling than this Rooney character 

Btw Rooney is celtic daft, which isn't a problem in itself (eg Hartley) but on his Instagram he publicly posts about going to eltic games while being an active St Johnstone player. Can't imagine that going over well with our support.

Report in the S*n today, apparently Rooney is wanted by Brown at Fleetwood, Rotherham, Killie and by St Johnstone for a stay. 

Valentinho
10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Pie in the sky stuff plus the gap between premiership teams isn’t remotely close to the gap between the OF and the rest so is a nonsense comparison. 

Why is it pie in the sky? Like I said, winning the league is not impossible, though very hard of course, but the gap between Liverpool in second and Chelsea in third was 18 points; Arsenal in fifth were 11 points ahead of Man U (who finished 35  points behind Man City).

Our 1986 side wasn't packed with stars and were pipped to the title on goal difference by a Celtic team who were miles ahead of us on paper.

Maybe I'm just a glass half full kind of Hearts fan.

PapaShango
1 minute ago, Valentinho said:

Why is it pie in the sky? Like I said, winning the league is not impossible, though very hard of course, but the gap between Liverpool in second and Chelsea in third was 18 points; Arsenal in fifth were 11 points ahead of Man U (who finished 35  points behind Man City).

Our 1986 side wasn't packed with stars and were pipped to the title on goal difference by a Celtic team who were miles ahead of us on paper.

The gap in England is getting bigger, City and Liverpool are miles ahead of the rest. Just need to look back at the points total Man U mustered in 98/99, their treble winning season to compare it. Think they finished with 76 points compared to 90+ for both Liverpool and City this season. The Man U team of 98/99 is comparable quality wise and they dropped far more points. The lesser teams in the EPL are now cannon fodder to City and Liverpool. Starts to now come down to the games between them. Another disadvantage is having to play the OF 4 times a season. Were it just home and away then we may get a bit closer. I always go into a new season with optimism for us to challenge but that soon fades! However even going back to 97/98 we only finished 7 points off the top. We really could have won it had we not had a really poor last 7 games of the season. Always think the 2-2 draw at Ibrox and 1-1 with Motherwell at home floored us. 

tartofmidlothian
5 minutes ago, Valentinho said:

Someone else will win the league in Scotland, whether it takes five years or fifty years, and when they do I want it to be us.

1 minute ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Someone else will win the league in Scotland, whether it takes five years or fifty years, and when they do it WILL be us.

FTFY :)

43 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

We still are not very good at allowing our young players get some game time

Especially in those last few games of the league - would have been ideal 

what’s the point of having a good youth system if we don’t us it?!

No point whatsoever. 

23 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Someone else will win the league in Scotland, whether it takes five years or fifty years, and when they do I want it to be us.

Probably nearer the 50.

34 minutes ago, Valentinho said:

It’s an age old debate.  I don’t think it’s impossible but many things need to align for Hearts.   We had reasonably good consistency up until the split last season. 

But even taking those steps to win more games, lose less and draw less takes a certain quality, manager nous and dealing with other teams improving. 

It’s also a quicker fix for the old firm to replace lost quality than it is for clubs like ours, too.  There’s lessons from history there , however.  

Looking at our league challenging seasons, we took the points quite regularly from teams we expect to defeat. It’s really about a high percentage of wins. In 98 it took until game 16 before we had drawn a match.   

Edited by Debut 4

If any player is not sure about signing for us then move on to someone who does! 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

I think for players like Simpson it's not sell-on fees we need (although nice) but appearance fees.

I suspect heis cheap, squad-filler, probably to fill a UK national quota or something.

3 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Why do we never produce good youngsters …………. Oh hang on ……………. I mean why do we never give our best youngsters a chance in the first team ………… no wait ………

Jambo in Bathgate
15 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Rooney has 2 Cups to his name,Atkinson has none.Now I'm not saying he won't have,but right now comparing him to Rooney is daft as he has won feck all.

Who did St Johnstone play in those finals? I rest my case. 

Jambo in Bathgate
6 hours ago, Dayman said:

“Atkinson caused both goals at the weekend”

Well, he clearly didn’t. He actually played well v the two best players of the European finalists.

”He’s been rubbish all season and isn’t good enough”

Yet he did enough to get his first call up…

I’m glad actual footballing minds are in charge, and not a committee from kickback. 

👍

BackOfTheNet

Safe to say with a £20 million investment going into a new training ground complex then some of that extra cash we’ll be getting for this season and impending European trips will not be reserved wholly for transfers. (As others have pointed out would be the case anyway)

2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

The gap in England is getting bigger, City and Liverpool are miles ahead of the rest

The only reason the English premier league is interesting and not dominated by one club like the Bundesliga is down to Juergen Klopp, with out him and the way he has Liverpool playing, Man City would be winning the premiership by 20 points 

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***