*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

See that the boy Ayase Ueda has 8 goals and 1 assist in 14 appearances in the J league this season, contract expiring on Jan 31 2023 as well, could be worth a punt, I would imagine a few other clubs would be in for him though.

Imagine him and Simms up front next season though!!

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

32 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It’s exactly what John McLaughlin did when he signed for Rangers. 

Tbf to you, you are absolutely spot on, I'll give you that...so that's one very good example to throw my thoughts into the bucket...he will have his reasons (££££) and is older than ZC, but very much the exception to the rule....but good shout non the less 😉 

tartofmidlothian

If we're talking ex-Hearts goalies as benchwarmers, apparently Jack Hamilton's out of contract, he's just spent a season as Morton's number one after leaving Dundee. Good enough to take on the mantle of Ross Stewart's three appearances a season?

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Not a gripe at you per se but...

Can we stop this "hibs" type of wanting players that are below where we need to be. Rooney is typical. He's a Motherwell, St.Johnston, Killie, hibs type mid-table player.

WE NEED BETTER TO PROGRESS!!!!!

Mon the Hearts!

I agree on Rooney.  He isn't as good as Steven O'Donnell and Steven O'Donnell isn't as good as me.  Or my 4 yearold daughter.  We need to aim higher.

Where we need to be careful is dismissing that entire market though.  Because someone plays for a team lower down the chain doesn't mean they aren't good enough.  Rooney is not Kamara or McGinn or indeed Cameron, McCann, Weir etc.

I'd suggest Alan Forrest isn't either, but he would improve our bench and our "the Sunday after a Thursday" starting lneup so I see the sense.

To be honest I don't know enough about other teams to know who IS good enough these days, as I think that takes more knowledge than it does to write someone off, frankly!!!! haha

PapaShango
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I agree on Rooney.  He isn't as good as Steven O'Donnell and Steven O'Donnell isn't as good as me.  Or my 4 yearold daughter.  We need to aim higher.

Where we need to be careful is dismissing that entire market though.  Because someone plays for a team lower down the chain doesn't mean they aren't good enough.  Rooney is not Kamara or McGinn or indeed Cameron, McCann, Weir etc.

I'd suggest Alan Forrest isn't either, but he would improve our bench and our "the Sunday after a Thursday" starting lneup so I see the sense.

To be honest I don't know enough about other teams to know who IS good enough these days, as I think that takes more knowledge than it does to write someone off, frankly!!!! haha

Spot on, I think our recruitment team will be looking further afield than players that got themselves involved in a relegation play off. I have a feeling we will recruit from the Asian market, the Japanese players have done very well at Celtic and seem to be amongst the fittest players in their squad. 

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

Spot on, I think our recruitment team will be looking further afield than players that got themselves involved in a relegation play off. I have a feeling we will recruit from the Asian market, the Japanese players have done very well at Celtic and seem to be amongst the fittest players in their squad. 

See what you're saying but I wouldn't be so dismissive personally.  I mean, we were in bottom place a couple of years back and that doesn't make Halkett a bad player as he's proven.  Hickey, Smith, Boyce.  It's about scouting properly and being as sure as you can be that a player will step up to our level.

30 minutes ago, Sertse said:

It's different this time round due to Europe, we need players early for the European games. Can't be signing them a couple days before or whatever.

Does anyone know the deadline for player registration actually?

There are round by round deadlines for submissions of the 25 man 'A List*' with a provision for the qualifying rounds including the playoff round that 2 new players can be added to the 'A list' upto midnight of the day before the 1st leg so long as they are already eligible to play in domestic games. From 1st September the 'A list' is seen as fixed for the group stages all the way to the final but from the knockouts clubs are allowed 3 changes.

*B List is for youth players meeting certain criteria on length of time at club and not out on loan etc

OmiyaHearts
23 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

See that the boy Ayase Ueda has 8 goals and 1 assist in 14 appearances in the J league this season, contract expiring on Jan 31 2023 as well, could be worth a punt, I would imagine a few other clubs would be in for him though.

Imagine him and Simms up front next season though!!

Japanese contracts are always announced as one year expiry, even if contract is longer, so not always accurate. He could well have a few years to run.

He's also an international, so will cost a few million if not out of contract, considering Furuhashi was about 4 or 5 mil.

As a regular J league viewer, I'd be gobsmacked if a player like Ueda signed for us.

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

FFS, you think a guy who has played 1st ream football for years in our league and will have plenty options, and been involved in Scotland squads, will sit on our bench for a season or 2 😂😂😅😂😂😅

THINK before posting please!!!!

How else would we succession plan for Gordon finishing, other than getting a good understudy in who knows, as long as he doesn’t feck up, that he’ll be number 1 possibly for years to come

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Probably a lot of wonga for him to set him up financially though! Your right though, he could have went to plenty clubs to be No.1 rather than play cup games and the odd league game. Either that or he fancied his chances of dislodging McGregor. 

I’d imagine we could substantially trump a St J or Dundee Utd contract, the same way Rangers or Celtic could do to us. 

I wouldn’t pay over the score for him though. Maybe offer him a gradual increase year on year on the privvy that Gordon could retire after next season and he’d be a shoe in for #1, I don’t know, just speculating some ideas.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Japanese contracts are always announced as one year expiry, even if contract is longer, so not always accurate. He could well have a few years to run.

He's also an international, so will cost a few million if not out of contract, considering Furuhashi was about 4 or 5 mil.

As a regular J league viewer, I'd be gobsmacked if a player like Ueda signed for us.

Is there any players you think we would have a chance of signing that could improve us?

Picking a 2nd choice keeper is a bit of a tough job because clearly Stewart isn’t good enough. Not even close. But you also don’t want to tie up a significant wage on a player who ideally won’t really play. 

I would take someone who is a solid shot stopper above and beyond anything else. MacDonald was always good at that so can see the argument there. Experience matters since you don’t want them shitting themselves when they’re eventually called on. 

I think the reality is the 2nd choice keeper is always going to be underwhelming because we have Scotlands number 1 in goals. 

August Landmesser

Am I missing something? Why are folk so worried about getting players in early for the European games? Our first euro game is on 18th August, the league starts on 30th July, so we'll have three league games played before the UEL play-off - I'd be more worried about getting folk in early for the league.

Normally we'd have league cup groups in early July, so we've actually got the luxury of more time this year

tartofmidlothian
5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I love to see us taking the best performers from bottom half or lower league teams, some cracking players have come through that route. As well as Cameron, McCann and Weir there's Hartley, Stevenson, Black, Barr and Halkett, all with a winning mentality toward Scottish football even before they had the advantage of playing for Hearts.

Not sure who's good right now, Regan Charles-Cook at Ross County maybe? Robbie Deas had a good season at Inverness and St Johnstone bid 150k for him in January, maybe he has it in him to develop like Webster or Souttar?

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I love to see us taking the best performers from bottom half or lower league teams, some cracking players have come through that route. As well as Cameron, McCann and Weir there's Hartley, Stevenson, Black, Barr and Halkett, all with a winning mentality toward Scottish football even before they had the advantage of playing for Hearts.

Not sure who's good right now, Regan Charles-Cook at Ross County maybe? Robbie Deas had a good season at Inverness and St Johnstone bid 150k for him in January, maybe he has it in him to develop like Webster or Souttar?

I’m a huge fan of Deas. Left footed centre halves are a god send with the balance they offer a team. 

Inverness might’ve got pumped last night but he showed enough for me through the season to show he’s worth a go. 

2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Said it before, but if we're looking down the table, the two names that leap out are Levitt and Ronan. Whether their parent clubs would be willing to sell for a fair price, who knows, but both would improve the squad. 

3 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Yeah me too.  Not sure who there is out there at the mo tbh.

Landscape has changed a bit of course with the likes of Alan Campbel going to Luton.  He'd have been a Hearts player late 90s, if you know what I mean.  Hopefully if we can maintain current trajectory, keep getting in Europe, we can start to appeal both in a footballing and financial sense a bit more to boys like that.

It's also about getting guys at the right stage.  Turnbull is a superb player imo - but he was millions by the time he left Motherwell.  Out of our league.  Perhaps never in it.  But then Souttar, we did very well, got him when DUtd basically didn't know what to do with him.

There are players out there I'm sure.  Good thing is we can keep an eye out and pounce if we see fit, but our scouting is far and wide now so don't need to rely on any one market really.

PapaShango
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Steven Caulker is available on a free.

He's had a few clubs and was in Turkey last I think. No idea how he has been playing. Has had a very mixed career and sure he had some problems with alcohol, gambling and depression previously. 

43 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

If we're talking ex-Hearts goalies as benchwarmers, apparently Jack Hamilton's out of contract, he's just spent a season as Morton's number one after leaving Dundee. Good enough to take on the mantle of Ross Stewart's three appearances a season?

Please god no.

tartofmidlothian
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I’m a huge fan of Deas. Left footed centre halves are a god send with the balance they offer a team. 

Inverness might’ve got pumped last night but he showed enough for me through the season to show he’s worth a go. 

As much as I trust Joe Savage 100%, I hope we don't miss guys like this because familiarity's bred contempt or we think the grass has to be greener in other markets.

44 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Flap Jack 

I also quite like James Maxwell from the Rangers B, on loan in the Championship, from what I've seen, and think he could slot into where Cochrane has played this year, albeit his form dipped a bit from January, maybe could kick on at a better club and fulfil early promise. 

tartofmidlothian
8 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

Said it before, but if we're looking down the table, the two names that leap out are Levitt and Ronan. Whether their parent clubs would be willing to sell for a fair price, who knows, but both would improve the squad. 

Both good shouts. If they'll deal with DU and St Mirren there's no reason we couldn't be in the market for another loan.

46 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

He still has a few bombscare moments.

tartofmidlothian
7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yeah me too.  Not sure who there is out there at the mo tbh.

Landscape has changed a bit of course with the likes of Alan Campbel going to Luton.  He'd have been a Hearts player late 90s, if you know what I mean.  Hopefully if we can maintain current trajectory, keep getting in Europe, we can start to appeal both in a footballing and financial sense a bit more to boys like that.

It's also about getting guys at the right stage.  Turnbull is a superb player imo - but he was millions by the time he left Motherwell.  Out of our league.  Perhaps never in it.  But then Souttar, we did very well, got him when DUtd basically didn't know what to do with him.

There are players out there I'm sure.  Good thing is we can keep an eye out and pounce if we see fit, but our scouting is far and wide now so don't need to rely on any one market really.

Some of these we win and some we lose, Bryson would have been a great player for us if JJ's bid hadn't been gazumped. Familiarity with the Scottish game often gives these signings an immediate edge, though.

tartofmidlothian
6 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Please god no.

4 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Flap Jack 

2 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

He still has a few bombscare moments.

An upgrade on Stewart, though? 

34 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

How else would we succession plan for Gordon finishing, other than getting a good understudy in who knows, as long as he doesn’t feck up, that he’ll be number 1 possibly for years to come

Very few clubs have the luxury of succession planning re positions...more like one in one out, lets be honest at that material time when change is needed...Big Harry is meant to be our version of that and hopefully is good enough in that regard....ZC is not going to sit on the bench at Hearts for a 'season or two...'

🙄

2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I'd rather not go back to a pish keeper. They're both garbage.

TyphoonJambo
16 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

Would be 2 tremendous signings

3 hours ago, briever said:

How does it not make sense, you offer less as your basic with promises in the future - yes we've had one good season but it's far from being realised.  The next tranche of players will be looking at the cash thats come into the club and be wanting more.

Promises of what? 

It doesn’t follow that players would be more enticed by the prospect of qualifying for Europe than they would by actually playing in Europe.

Jim Panzee

very very disappointed in all of you. Unless I've missed it, no one had mentioned Jimmy Dunne's name!

come on kickback! pull the finger out 🤣

PortyBeach
3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Would be 2 tremendous signings

Agreed!

Motherwell have/had a young centre-back on loan at QofS (Darragh O’Connor). He looked a useful player to me.

Heartsofgold
24 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

Levitt is soon to be a free agent.  Ronan would cost a fair amount though.

RustyRightPeg

Just done a fairly substantial search on expiring contracts in the English Championship. Some intriguing names, of which I’d be surprised we weren’t linked with at least a few: 

Andy Rinomhata - 25 - CM at Reading

Harry Toffolo - 26 - LB at Huddersfield

Josh Laurent - 27 - CM at Reading

Josh Koroma - 23 - CF at Huddersfield

Reece Burke - 25 - CB at Luton

Allan Campbell - 23 - CM at Luton

Callum O’Dowda - 27 - LW at Bristol City

Izzy Brown - 25 - CF at Huddersfield

Yan Dhanda - 23 - CAM at Swansea

Tom Holmes - 22 - CB at Reading

Fred Onyadinma - 25 - CAM at Luton

Adam Davies - 29 - GK at Stoke

Liam Thompson - 20 - CM at Derby

Romal Palmer - 23 - CM at Barnsley

Dom Ball - 26 CB/CM at QPR

Aapo Halme - 24 - CB at Barnsley

Jamal Blackman - 28 - GK at Huddersfield

A lot in here interest me. Brown, Onyadinma, Ball, Dhanda, Campbell, Burke & Laurent would be on my shortlist personally. 

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Just done a fairly substantial search on expiring contracts in the English Championship. Some intriguing names, of which I’d be surprised we weren’t linked with at least a few: 

A lot in here interest me. Brown, Onyadinma, Ball, Dhanda, Campbell, Burke & Laurent would be on my shortlist personally. 

Interesting list. Some of those Huddersfield players might have been on decent wages though, being that they were in the EPL recently (and might be again come Sunday). Burke’s a curious one, wasn’t he meant to be the next big thing at West Ham not long ago? Championship clubs aren’t averse to throwing £10k pw at players, that will be the main stumbling block I feel.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Interesting list. Some of those Huddersfield players might have been on decent wages though, being that they were in the EPL recently (and might be again come Sunday). Burke’s a curious one, wasn’t he meant to be the next big thing at West Ham not long ago? Championship clubs aren’t averse to throwing £10k pw at players, that will be the main stumbling block I feel.

A lot of these names are also on their second contract after moving away from Chelsea, Arsenal, etc etc so it’s likely they won’t need a Dev Fee paid as well. 

Edited by RustyRightPeg

33 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I’m an upgrade on Stewart 

Batistuta87
27 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Josh Koroma is one that really interests me, and has done for a while. Reminds me of Gino but with a bit of composure in front of goal. Would be a good fit if we're getting Simms back next season - with the big man winning headers all day long and knocking them through for Koroma to run onto. 

Tom Holmes has been on my shortlist for a while and he would be a great replacement for Souttar. Nottingham Forest were supposedly after him in the summer but whether or not they'll still be interested now (probably going to want better if a) they're promoted or b) want to improve to have another punt next season). 

Yann Dhanda's name has been floating around for a while now too, and apparently we had someone watching him play for Swansea U23 recently. Reece Burke has been mentioned on here a few times too.

Blackman is a good keeper but I think we can safely say that we won't be looking at anyone at that level right now. 

If I was to take my pick from that list I'd have Koroma (ST), Dhanda (R/LW) and Holmes (CB). All immediately improve the starting 11 I think, and I'd probably look elsewhere for a CM personally, and actually agree with a lot of those on here suggesting Dylan Levitt. 

Edited by Batistuta87

50 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Agreed 👍

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Yeah, i know they aren't our academy players, i was just pointing out that age isn't necessarily a barrier to breaking into the team. 

It’s ok if it’s better teams youngsters who are at a higher level, which doesn’t help our academy players in the slightest. This won’t change next season. 

20 hours ago, LivingstonJambo99 said:

Atkinson has a lot of improving to do defensively however he was hung out to dry on Saturday playing against rangers 2 best players (Kent and bassey) on his own 

Correct. Felt sorry for him.

3 minutes ago, bairdy said:

Correct. Felt sorry for him.

People slating him when literally no other defender from any Scottish team outside of the OF would be able to do any better

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Picking a 2nd choice keeper is a bit of a tough job because clearly Stewart isn’t good enough. Not even close. But you also don’t want to tie up a significant wage on a player who ideally won’t really play. 

I would take someone who is a solid shot stopper above and beyond anything else. MacDonald was always good at that so can see the argument there. Experience matters since you don’t want them shitting themselves when they’re eventually called on. 

I think the reality is the 2nd choice keeper is always going to be underwhelming because we have Scotlands number 1 in goals. 

I've named him several times, but this lad is our ideal backup keeper: 

9 minutes ago, Sertse said:

People slating him when literally no other defender from any Scottish team outside of the OF would be able to do any better

Thing is, defensively it didn’t really make much odds. Like their goals came from Gino not closing down his man and a breakaway. I suppose from an attacking point of view he was so pinned back by Kent that he couldn’t do much. That comes down to us not being able to change our approach though, but again quite rightly, not his fault and it’s doubtful if any full backs in our league could have contained that. 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Alen Halilovic could do a job….

You've touted his name in here before. You’re either a believer in his footie manager 2015 wonder kid status or you know something….

Italian Lambretta
11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You've touted his name in here before. You’re either a believer in his footie manager 2015 wonder kid status or you know something….

Or he just continually spouts a load of pish.

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Pretty sure it was another poster who suggested his name last season

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***