*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

4 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Agree. Yet as I've been told on here, Robbie and Savage rate him and negotiations are "intense" according to HeartsLive. That doesn't match with their aspirations.  We will see.

Let's hope he's a success and bangs them in. If not, questions will be asked. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I remember well when Hearts fans said players like Scott McDonald and Naismith weren’t “Hearts class” - Shankland falls into the same category IMO.

He signs, he will have a song/chant for him within 8 weeks of the start of the season (a positive one! 🙄)

And the slaters no Eastenders will shy away and have the red neck to praise and chant about Shanklands when he delivers 

Batistuta87

For those (crazy people) hoping for the return of Andy Irving, he's just signed for a mid-table Austrian side.

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

For those (crazy people) hoping for the return of Andy Irving, he's just signed for a mid-table Austrian side.

Least seems a step up 

Dick Dastardly
4 hours ago, franco2209 said:

Hardly a huge endorsement,(hating Hibs). The guy's on a massive downward spiral, anyone who can't see that knows the sum total of eff all. Poor success rate of scoring to chances .can't take a penalty. runs about with high heels on. when confronted with an opponent, he just collapses. Ridiculously poor energy levels, breathing out his arse and subsequently slowing the game down. , No more than a squad player (hopefully) or offload to Aberdeen for £200,000 or so.we need to move on 

Sorry but that is absolute nonsense. 

14 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Just flicking though twitter and seems as if this Ramsey deal has really gone to their heads. Basically lining themselves up to nip in and sign all Hearts targets including Shankland. They obviously think Conan will be a done deal with Goodwin and their extra money….

They obviously see him as a midfield destroyer 

kingantti1874
18 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Just flicking though twitter and seems as if this Ramsey deal has really gone to their heads. Basically lining themselves up to nip in and sign all Hearts targets including Shankland. They obviously think Conan will be a done deal with Goodwin and their extra money….

their extra money doesn’t really touch the sides of what we will earn in Europe, the likely hickey money, the FOH money, The SC prize money we just receive e, and the extra million and a bit from the league placing

+ we are a far better side, play in front front far bigger crowds, in a much nicer fort and have lots of European games to look forward to..

net net - if we want him we will have him, if we don’t we dont

Tom Hardy’s Dug
18 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Let's hope he's a success and bangs them in. If not, questions will be asked. 

Why?

One of the top scouts in the UK - part of our team - says that the success rate of recruitment/ signings doing its job is if it hits 54%

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

their extra money doesn’t really touch the sides of what we will earn in Europe, the likely hickey money, the FOH money, The SC prize money we just receive e, and the extra million and a bit from the league placing

+ we are a far better side, play in front front far bigger crowds, in a much nicer fort and have lots of European games to look forward to..

Yep. We know that but they’ve all got full stauners at the moment.

Batistuta87
14 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Least seems a step up 

Good move for him to be fair. Not the worst league, looks like a pretty big stadium behind him, and will face some decent teams. 

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Why?

One of the top scouts in the UK - part of our team - says that the success rate of recruitment signings doing its job is if it hits 54%

If he turns out to be a flop, of course questions will be asked about recruitmet, and their judgement. That said, I'm hoping he's a resounding success 

Batistuta87
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Aberdeen don't have as strict a wage structure as us and won't worry about chucking some extra wages at a player. With some money to spend, they could turn some heads. 

Edited by Batistuta87

kingantti1874
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Aberdeen don't have as strict a wage structure as us and will throw some extra wages at a player to sign them so with some money to spend, they could turn some heads. 

they couldn’t. But the point is if we want him we can get him

heatonjambo
2 hours ago, 22games nro said:

Copied from another website.

Lawrence was born in August 1995, in Glasgow, and mentioned his first footballing experience: “I started at Baillieston Juniors. I only played there for a few months and then the Hearts scout was at one of my games so I ended up going and training with them for about six months to a year.

“Then I ended up going through the Academy when I was turning eight until I was 12/13.”

62AEB72F-F26B-4F8D-BE81-8C75BB8E407E.png

Tefal

Tom Hardy’s Dug
34 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

If he turns out to be a flop, of course questions will be asked about recruitmet, and their judgement. That said, I'm hoping he's a resounding success 

Again as long as more than 1 in 2 signings work out as a success they will be meeting or exceeding the recognised average so why would questions be asked over one failed signing?

5 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Huge Boyce fan 

He hates the Hibs 🙂

What’s not to like 

Love Boycie

A joy to watch at times and a great asset for the team. 

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Spookie said:

Double signing Tommorow Shankland and then in the afternoon Ronan 

Hearts twitter feed will read "who wants another one" 

F5, F5, F5, F5 for 20 mins 

Pure guesswork from me 

Wish me luck 🙏 

It's my birthday tomorrow. If the above happens, I'll be happy. If it doesn't, I'll be very disappointed and you'll have ruined my birthday! 

No pressure! 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, chrystaf said:

Agree. Yet as I've been told on here, Robbie and Savage rate him and negotiations are "intense" according to HeartsLive. That doesn't match with their aspirations.  We will see.

If they rate him, of course it matches with their aspirations! They (or certainly Robbie at least) clearly think he could score plenty of goals for us and help us be more successful, which does match with their aspirations. What doesn’t match with their aspirations is your opinion of him, but I doubt even you'd expect them to base their signing targets on your opinions! 

Aussie Jambo

Not a post about players but coaching staff. We definitely need more experienced sport scientists in our camp as that Cup Final game showed the difference in fitness. Sevco played 120m full pace midweek in Euro Final then out ran us in extra time 3 days later? I really think it’s all well having good players but they need to be supreme athletes nowadays. Not fag smoking, beer swilling, pie eating players of old. Not acceptable anymore. If you’re not 100% at you peak fitness level they shouldn’t play first team. 

1 hour ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Not a post about players but coaching staff. We definitely need more experienced sport scientists in our camp as that Cup Final game showed the difference in fitness. Sevco played 120m full pace midweek in Euro Final then out ran us in extra time 3 days later? I really think it’s all well having good players but they need to be supreme athletes nowadays. Not fag smoking, beer swilling, pie eating players of old. Not acceptable anymore. If you’re not 100% at you peak fitness level they shouldn’t play first team. 

While I don't disagree with what you are saying it is very important to remember that during the final Rangers made 5 changes to the team who played midweek and were able to bring their best midfielders and strengthen in other areas as the game wore on.

The depth of their squad played as big a part as their fitness levels.

Unfortunately due to finances it is unlikely we will ever have the luxury of having a squad with enough size and quality to be able to rest half a team going into a cup final and it not damaging the overall quality on the pitch.

5 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's my birthday tomorrow. If the above happens, I'll be happy. If it doesn't, I'll be very disappointed and you'll have ruined my birthday! 

No pressure! 

Happy Birthday. 

Let's hope for a couple of birthday signings :)

4 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

How we were treated the season before really impacted on our team’s base level fitness. Less games, then the start stop of training meant players’ fitness was badly affected - so when we came up, we were immediately in a negative situation with regard fitness compared to the other premiership teams. Whilst they were able to improve on this during the season the damage was done and come the final there was absolutely nothing left.

i wish jj was my dad
8 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Good move for him to be fair. Not the worst league, looks like a pretty big stadium behind him, and will face some decent teams. 

I still feel a bit of what if with Andy. He probably isn't mobile enough for this team but his ability on the ball was very, very good. No point looking back but his previous move was very odd. I hope that this one works out. 

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

The difference in fitness was more to do with us having half a team, pretty much the whole spine, recovering from injuries and working their way back to fitness. We didn't have players of that quality on the bench. Rangers had a hard shift earlier in the week but they had more than adequate replacements in their squad to deal with that. 

2 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Today the day then?

Will we have enough left after that big chunk of money going to the womens team

Absolute Scenes
27 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Hearts admin was up early today 

They’ve also put pre season photos from years ago up on Instagram,  not sure what the cryptic message is there!

6 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Oh, body part emojis. How intriguing.

It’s great fun,try it.

JamboAndrew
11 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

👀👂

When there is an emoji of a huge forehead I'll know what it implies.

RustyRightPeg
On 07/05/2022 at 17:20, RustyRightPeg said:

Unsure if it’s been mentioned as I’ve been away for a couple of days, but my old boy who works in airport seen Shankland going through security first thing yesterday morning. 

He asked him the obvious question and he sort of winked and half smiled in response. 

Looks like he’s known he’s been coming for a while 😁

Feels as though Shankland is signing and I'm really looking forward to seeing him in a Hearts shirt. I think his all round game is better than most give him credit for and I think for the first time in years we are going to have a proper goalscorer playing through the middle of the park. Hopefully he gets off to a good start and bangs in a few the first couple of weeks. I think if he gets motoring and we supply chances he could score a few. I think he's 26 or 27 now so is approaching his best years. 

Leveins Battalion
On 17/06/2022 at 10:26, Leveins Battalion said:

Dhanda who was mentioned on here is going to Ross County.

As posted on Friday.

Beleive we were interested but have some top targets we are pursuing.

Also I heard Ross County have made him their highest paid player.

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

As posted on Friday.

Beleive we were interested but have some top targets we are pursuing.

Also I heard Ross County have made him their highest paid player.

Like for like for Charles Cook 

Dick Dastardly
49 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Can anyone post a link for us less social media inclined people? 

I second this

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***