*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

9 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Huge Boyce fan 

He hates the Hibs 🙂

What’s not to like 

Hardly a huge endorsement,(hating Hibs). The guy's on a massive downward spiral, anyone who can't see that knows the sum total of eff all. Poor success rate of scoring to chances .can't take a penalty. runs about with high heels on. when confronted with an opponent, he just collapses. Ridiculously poor energy levels, breathing out his arse and subsequently slowing the game down. , No more than a squad player (hopefully) or offload to Aberdeen for £200,000 or so.we need to move on 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Boycie maybe isn't a CF anymore but he brings a lot to the team. He's a clever player and will be a good squad player next season.

Absolute Scenes
26 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

Hardly a huge endorsement,(hating Hibs). The guy's on a massive downward spiral, anyone who can't see that knows the sum total of eff all. Poor success rate of scoring to chances .can't take a penalty. runs about with high heels on. when confronted with an opponent, he just collapses. Ridiculously poor energy levels, breathing out his arse and subsequently slowing the game down. , No more than a squad player (hopefully) or offload to Aberdeen for £200,000 or so.we need to move on 

Load of utter pish 

his injured presence alone on the final brought us attack and energy. Pointless post

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Load of utter pish 

his injured presence alone on the final brought us attack and energy. Pointless post

Aye, let's cherry pick on half a game.

51 minutes ago, Barack said:

Aye...but it's all very exciting stuff. Will we gazump the Aberdeen millionaires. Will we get both...or none of them.

Can't wait for Wednesday.

Apologies. Aggro so much more Common on here than legit enthusiasm. Misread the intent of the post. 

48 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Thought that👍

It would be a major disappointment for Aberdeen and JG if Hearts were to nick Ronan of them🤔

True, but we don't want to get involved in a bidding war when they have £4.2m to chuck about.

26 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Boycie maybe isn't a CF anymore but he brings a lot to the team. He's a clever player and will be a good squad player next season.

It's quite remarkable how his game has changed...at RC he was a poacher, fairly lethal...he carried weight back then and you could argue that meant he didn't drop deep or hang out wide...shoot forward to our Boyce and he is clearly a technical & gifted player, with a subtle touch...his days of being clinical in front of goal are a distant memory unfortunately for us 😬

Absolute Scenes
26 minutes ago, franco2209 said:

Aye, let's cherry pick on half a game.

Cherry pick 😂😂😂 aye let’s sell our top scorer to Aberdeen for 200k 😂😂 bash on mate

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, DC_92 said:

I disagree with the conclusion (and I think we'll try for both) but this is an interesting take from someone who watches a lot of Scottish Premiership.

I think I under rated him as well a bit. 

Some of goals were real quality and I had I'm pegged only as a penalty box striker but for me  he showed more for Utd  in the top flight than his goals per game ration in the lower division did. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

mellors1874

Love how everyone seems to think Aberdeen are going to spend the Ramsay money in full on their squad when they had a loss of over 5 million last year.

Even with the money for McKenna getting promoted they dont have more money to spend than hearts in this window.

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, frankblack said:

True, but we don't want to get involved in a bidding war when they have £4.2m to chuck about.

They aren't chucking £4m about on players. 🤣

Just like we won't chuck all our extra St money, FoH contributions, match day income, sc money, extra league prize money and euro money all at players or individual players. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, mellors1874 said:

Love how everyone seems to think Aberdeen are going to spend the Ramsay money in full on their squad when they had a loss of over 5 million last year.

Even with the money for McKenna getting promoted they dont have more money to spend than hearts in this window.

It's amazing isn't it. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Suspect they will try and scupper a couple of our deals. They will still have pocket money, likely to sell Ferguson too, who will need replacing 

7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They aren't chucking £4m about on players. 🤣

Just like we won't chuck all our extra St money, FoH contributions, match day income, sc money, extra league prize money and euro money all at players or individual players. 

I wasn't talking about them chucking the full £4.2m.

However if they start chucking 500k+ at a player we would need to be very careful about going toe to toe in a bidding war in case that player is a dud.

pettigrewsstylist

8 games of european exposure and a chance to be back in international reckoning with Clarke?

If the money is a bigger driver than that at that age and Aberdeen is destination, then we will have had a lucky escape.

I think Edinburgh may be a bigger draw for reasons mentioned.

I’m quite excited about Shankland signing to be fair, he’s a proven goal scorer. Am I right in thinking he’s a Hearts fan? I could swear I’ve seen a pic of him as a kid in a reebok hearts strip. 

3 minutes ago, stotty said:

I’m quite excited about Shankland signing to be fair, he’s a proven goal scorer. Am I right in thinking he’s a Hearts fan? I could swear I’ve seen a pic of him as a kid in a reebok hearts strip. 

Apparently a rangers fan, not sure what the story behind that is. Would be a good part of his signing interview to clear that up :D 

6 minutes ago, stotty said:

Pretty sure he grew up a Rangers fan in Glasgow. He trained with Hearts as a wee boy and might have joined the Academy before moving to Queen’s Park.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I wasn't talking about them chucking the full £4.2m.

However if they start chucking 500k+ at a player we would need to be very careful about going toe to toe in a bidding war in case that player is a dud.

£500k is not a much as many seem to think on here, even to Hearts.

We spent over £1m on a pitch and if we want better players- fees will have to be paid.

Every player could be a dud, it doesn't mean we shit ourselves at offering money or good deals to players we think are good and who we want.

You Could easily argue the opposite and state that going toe to toe and putting them in their box to get the better players is exactly what we should be doing in case that player is good.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

22games nro
4 minutes ago, Tenor said:

Pretty sure he grew up a Rangers fan in Glasgow. He trained with Hearts as a wee boy and might have joined the Academy before moving to Queen’s Park.

Copied from another website.

Lawrence was born in August 1995, in Glasgow, and mentioned his first footballing experience: “I started at Baillieston Juniors. I only played there for a few months and then the Hearts scout was at one of my games so I ended up going and training with them for about six months to a year.

“Then I ended up going through the Academy when I was turning eight until I was 12/13.”

62AEB72F-F26B-4F8D-BE81-8C75BB8E407E.png

Naisys Tackle
20 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

8 games of european exposure and a chance to be back in international reckoning with Clarke?

If the money is a bigger driver than that at that age and Aberdeen is destination, then we will have had a lucky escape.

I think Edinburgh may be a bigger draw for reasons mentioned.

Who's Clarke? 

2 hours ago, franco2209 said:

What a big, steaming pile of shit.

1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

It's quite remarkable how his game has changed...at RC he was a poacher, fairly lethal...he carried weight back then and you could argue that meant he didn't drop deep or hang out wide...shoot forward to our Boyce and he is clearly a technical & gifted player, with a subtle touch...his days of being clinical in front of goal are a distant memory unfortunately for us 😬

He isn't the lethal striker he was but he's become still a good player to have and he works hard for the team. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He isn't the lethal striker he was but he's become still a good player to have and he works hard for the team. 

Is he being asked to do a different job? For a team like Ross County (at the time) were probably most concerned with survival, they just needed him to turn and shoot and get the ball in the net, the entire team would be set up for him to score goals. For team aiming higher, they might be demanding more of him, requiring a more dynamic striker, someone that can play with their back to goal, hold the ball up, create chances as much as put them away etc. Other possibility, is there is more pressure here. Lafferty and Naismith both came from a much higher level, so likely weren't effected by the pressure of playing at a club with expectations.

Just speculating, not saying for definite either are true. At 30 Boyce should be in his prime, so can only assume pressure or the way the team is structured isn't the same as at County. In fairness, he didn't have a bad season, he just didn't have a great season (if his goal returns at RC are the benchmark). 

3 hours ago, OTT said:

If we played a 4231:

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett Rowles Kingsley

Beni Devlin

McKay Boyce Forrest

Shankland

But with the rumours on Grant and Ronan, you could very easily see one of them coming in and Boyce and Shankland rotating as our main CF which might be preferable. 

That's easily our best team at the moment and for me why we have to play 4-2-3-1 next season, 2 or 3 more quality additions and we could have a right good side, still need a Ronan type attacking midfielder and an Ellis Simms style CF though. 

Double signing Tommorow Shankland and then in the afternoon Ronan 

Hearts twitter feed will read "who wants another one" 

F5, F5, F5, F5 for 20 mins 

Pure guesswork from me 

Wish me luck 🙏 

1 minute ago, gov said:

Anyone heard of this guy? 

Screenshot_20220619-205916_Twitter.jpg

Nope, but going by that,  hopefully he's headed for St Mirren/Hamilton based on no even getting a game for a Turkish team I've never heard off 

Holyrood_Hearts
3 hours ago, franco2209 said:

That’s nonsense. His form tailed off towards the end of the season (partly due to fatigue) but he’s a very good player for us. 

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Nope, but going by that,  hopefully he's headed for St Mirren/Hamilton based on no even getting a game for a Turkish team I've never heard off 

The way its going with the amount signings, I wouldn't put it past Hibs signing him.

Utter p!sh.

KyleLafferty

Every club in scotland except the old firm would take Shankland and he would improve their team. If the fee is right it’s a no brainer.

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

That’s nonsense. His form tailed off towards the end of the season (partly due to fatigue) but he’s a very good player for us. 

Exactly, listening to Robbie on SATF podcast, he talked about they could have rested him towards the end of the season but he wants to play every game and they couldn't rest him then put in the cup final as he needs a few games to get up to speed. 

While he has been rightfully criticism for the chances he missed, to base his contribution on his goals (which he still got 16 this season, which since Robbo only three players have scored more than 16 goals in a season for Hearts, Hartley, Lafferty and Skacel) the work he does in the area behind the front line is fantastic. I think after having a summer break he will be a different player for us.

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, 22games nro said:

Copied from another website.

Lawrence was born in August 1995, in Glasgow, and mentioned his first footballing experience: “I started at Baillieston Juniors. I only played there for a few months and then the Hearts scout was at one of my games so I ended up going and training with them for about six months to a year.

“Then I ended up going through the Academy when I was turning eight until I was 12/13.”

62AEB72F-F26B-4F8D-BE81-8C75BB8E407E.png

****ing hell its stripe from gremlins. 

🤣🤣🤣 I’ve read some pish in my time but this is up there. Jesus wept 🤣🤣🤣

Holyrood_Hearts
7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly, listening to Robbie on SATF podcast, he talked about they could have rested him towards the end of the season but he wants to play every game and they couldn't rest him then put in the cup final as he needs a few games to get up to speed. 

While he has been rightfully criticism for the chances he missed, to base his contribution on his goals (which he still got 16 this season, which since Robbo only three players have scored more than 16 goals in a season for Hearts, Hartley, Lafferty and Skacel) the work he does in the area behind the front line is fantastic. I think after having a summer break he will be a different player for us.

Completely agree. The biggest complaint I think some of us have is he doesn’t score enough from open play. Think if he has some of that responsibility taken off him, like Simms did, he will still contribute assists & goals  

Batistuta87
7 hours ago, milky_26 said:

of course ronan was involved in a higher percentage of goals for st mirren, they scored 21 less goals than us in the league. both BM and CR scored or assisted 11 goals in the league, st mirren scored a total of 33 we scored 54

Why "of course"?? It's a percentage. He was directly involved in a higher percentage of goals than McKay was. The amount scored is irrelevant. Whether they scored 20, 30 or 40 the percentage would (or should on average) remain the same.

29 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Agree the comment was absolute drivel and smells of ER.

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

That's easily our best team at the moment and for me why we have to play 4-2-3-1 next season, 2 or 3 more quality additions and we could have a right good side, still need a Ronan type attacking midfielder and an Ellis Simms style CF though. 

Boyce as main forward no thanks 

Arthur Morgan
32 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The way its going with the amount signings, I wouldn't put it past Hibs signing him.

Would certainly suit their scattergun approach so far. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

12 hours ago, innerjambo said:

I agree with this. You hear all the talk from Robbie and Savage about bringing in quality, and moving up a level. Then you hear the name Shankland, and I'm like scratching my head thinking, really??

Agree. Yet as I've been told on here, Robbie and Savage rate him and negotiations are "intense" according to HeartsLive. That doesn't match with their aspirations.  We will see.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

Just flicking though twitter and seems as if this Ramsey deal has really gone to their heads. Basically lining themselves up to nip in and sign all Hearts targets including Shankland. They obviously think Conan will be a done deal with Goodwin and their extra money….

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I remember well when Hearts fans said players like Scott McDonald and Naismith weren’t “Hearts class” - Shankland falls into the same category IMO.

He signs, he will have a song/chant for him within 8 weeks of the start of the season (a positive one! 🙄)

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***