*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

8 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

We’ve no doubt been knocked back by players already this window. No shame in that as we will be attempting to allure a better standard of player by taking that next step.

Don’t get why people are so in denial that we have been rejected. As Joe Savage alluded to, rejections happen all the time in football. 

I’m confident we’ll still sign quality but we simply don’t have the pulling power to get ALL of our number 1 and number 2 targets.

Getting Shankland in next week would be a boost.

I have a horrible feeling Shankland will be another John Sutton for us.

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Or Dennis Wyness Gavin Reilly esq hope not

RustyRightPeg
19 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

He's too busy working night and day taking emails and calls from. Agents trying to sign our new super duper attacking midfielder.

Its really annoying you that nobody is taking your bait eh? You keep coming back with this attacking midfielder shite. 

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

This, not overly excited about him coming, if he does. 

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Exactly the type of player we should be avoiding. The  market has barely been open and  this joker is throwing his toys out the pram already when the 3rd biggest club in Scotland are enquiring about him . I for one don't won't him anywhere near our  club .

I would agree. Sense of entitlement, we don’t owe this player anything. If anything they should be doing what they can to play for us if they do indeed need that career kickstart being mentioned. Hearts “effing him about” is probably us refusing to meet the ridiculous wage and personal demands. 

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Totally different types of players though and Sutton just did not fit the way we set up our team , a nother important difference is that Neilson has worked with Shankland so knows what he is getting , when Jefferies saw Sutton in training he instantly wondered what the hell was going on because he was basically shite 

LarrysRightFoot
10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Always a possibility but I have the opposite feeling. I genuinely think people are underrating him as a footballer. 

Fxxx the SPFL
10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

JS got a raw deal we didn’t have the wingers to supply him with decent chances he went to Motherwell and banged in a good few hopefully if we get Shanks we’ll play to his style 

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

JS got a raw deal we didn’t have the wingers to supply him with decent chances he went to Motherwell and banged in a good few hopefully if we get Shanks we’ll play to his style 

Jefferies wanted a replacement for Kyle but Sutton was not that sort of player we actually had a few decent wide players but they were not the classic crossing types they were mostly the sort who dribbled and cut inside 

I can not envisage a similar situation with Shankland because Neilson knows the player

Italian Lambretta
21 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Its really annoying you that nobody is taking your bait eh? You keep coming back with this attacking midfielder shite. 

😂

6 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Sam Nicholson has left Bristol for an MLS club. That puts that rumour to an end.

Happy days 

26 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

No, he was very poor.

Did Motherwell really have beter players?

I don't recall him doing much after us.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Every window the same pish from the same people. 

In 2 months and a bit more once the window closes and the professionals have done their work, the idiots shift their attention to match day threads. 

Rinse repeat 

Fxxx the SPFL
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

No, he was very poor.

Did Motherwell really have beter players?

I don't recall him doing much after us.

Mwell just played a style that suited JS I always thought he was a bit isolated. Do remember him setting up Rudi’s goal at Fester Road 

wheatfieldtosheffield
57 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Dennis Witness? Last I remember he was all right, but I can't think what he used to be like.

I get a feeling Simms will go on loan again.   Everton linked with several strikers/forwards.   Whether it's us he joins I don't know.    It's all about the movement of players.   One in, one out.   They are definitely selling Richarlison. 

Edited by HMFC01

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I get a feeling Simms will go loan again.   Everton linked with several strikers/forwards.   Whether it's us he joins I don't know.    It's all about the movement of players.   One in, one out.   They are definitely selling Richarlison. 

He definitely won’t stay at Everton that’s for sure 

10 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I get a feeling Simms will go on loan again.   Everton linked with several strikers/forwards.   Whether it's us he joins I don't know.    It's all about the movement of players.   One in, one out.   They are definitely selling Richarlison. 

Whatever Everton do and regardless how good Simms was for us he is miles away from epl standard. 

3 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Not sure how reliable the 4th official is but this is the most recent take ⬆️

Think Bongo without the YouTube videos, Bodo Glimt references and hatred of Neilson due to him not challenging the old firm.

5 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Sure he has got some rangers info correct but not sure about us 

10 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

These days the wage discussion often comes before the fee discussion. This in itself does not necessarily mean the deal is done. 

Source is probably this thread. 

RustyRightPeg
11 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

I think any journo brazen enough to post about our transfers knows something. 

Our ship is watertight until the last second usually. 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I think any journo brazen enough to post about our transfers knows something. 

Our ship is watertight until the last second usually. 

Dunno, during the fight we had with the SPFL over the season ending over covid, they posted a lot of exclusives about what was happening behind the scenes, but most stories seemed to be wishful thinking for Hearts fans, rather than what was happening.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Alec Eiffel
4 hours ago, pointon said:

Hopefully get a deal over the line soon fed up hearing about how good Savage is end of the day it’s his job to improve the squad 

Just wish Savage went about his business in private without any statements on recruitment status.  He should know by now that he will get criticised by us Jambos regardless of his success or failure. 

Talk of targets is only going to cause upset with some of our delusional.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm weaning myself off this thread until something actually happens.

I was on here multiple times a day, it's been so poor I'm checking it every couple days now

11 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

Just wish Savage went about his business in private without any statements on recruitment status.  He should know by now that he will get criticised by us Jambos regardless of his success or failure. 

Talk of targets is only going to cause upset with some of our delusional.

You have a point

I think for what its worth,well bar the exception, we wont here much till July the 1st 

Some people on here slaver so mch hibs

''they just told you wait and see'' SLF

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

2 hours ago, rory78 said:

Sutton was an immobile lump and a tap-in merchant. He had success at one club whose attacking tactic was getting to the byline and getting crosses in. He was never going to be suited to the way we played.

Reilly has never been a goalscorer at any level so there's no comparison there.

I'm actually the opposite with Shankland. If he signs, I don't think he'll be a world beater, but I have a feeling people will be surprised by his all-round game, much like they were with Boyce. I can't say I've seen loads of him myself, but people I know and whose opinion I trust have.

Looking at clips of his goals, there's plenty of variety there. Headers, tap-ins, improvised finishes, shots from outside the box. There are goals where he shoots hard and early and ones where he shows a bit of composure and waits for the right moment.

Also looking at highlights of some recent Beerschot games, he seems lively, testing the keeper with decent efforts on goal and laying on chances for others. Those highlights won't tell anywhere near the full story, but I've at least seen enough to be confident he's not just a goal hanger.

I think most people agree we'll need 2 new strikers. If we invest most of our theoretical striker budget in getting Simms or an equivalent, then the other striker is probably going to be a punt to some extent. As far as punts go, a 26 year old who scored a shit-ton of goals one division lower for 2 different teams and at a respectable enough rate in this division in a very uncreative team, a player who has worked with the manager before and whose stock is lower than it might have been due to playing in struggling teams for the past couple of seasons, might not be the worst.

£500k is too much, but if he does end up here it'll be because Beerschot have compromised on price.

£500k is a gamble if he scores goals and assists regularly then he will be worth it , if he doesn’t then he won’t be ! That’s my view on Shankland.

RustyRightPeg
48 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Dunno, during the fight we had with the SPFL over the season ending over covid, they posted a lot of exclusives about what was happening behind the scenes, but most stories seemed to be wishful thinking for Hearts fans, rather than what was happening.

transfer wise & that was pre covid 

Rick Sanchez

Every player at our level can turn it on or be pish. Whether that be because of a purple patch or a player just fitting in nicely or not.

Someone like Charles-Cook could easily come here and score less than 5 goals. Or we could sign a nobody who pings them in and nets 20+.

Same applies to Shankland, who I'm for signing. The lad is back with a point to prove in the top flight and earn his international place back. And Robbie will know how to supply him.

Still, he could easily end up with less than 10. That's the chances, the fun and the debates of a transfer window at our level.

Batistuta87
26 minutes ago, One five said:

£500k is a gamble if he scores goals and assists regularly then he will be worth it , if he doesn’t then he won’t be ! That’s my view on Shankland.

Visionary 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

This.

Every day they posted info and it got more positive each day. They were miles off it!

1 hour ago, CMc said:

These days the wage discussion often comes before the fee discussion. This in itself does not necessarily mean the deal is done. 

Source is probably this thread. 

At last an accurate insight

So two in the door of Shankland and Grant. 

Could be all three Shankland, Grant, Simms. 

Joes negotiated the price down on Shankland and Grant. 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Shankland 26,Grant 28 Robbie going with tried and trusted / experience. 

No really Neilson is 19 and Rowles is 23.Can't sign a squad of teenagers unless we are Hibs.

RustyRightPeg
15 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So two in the door of Shankland and Grant. 

Could be all three Shankland, Grant, Simms. 

Joes negotiated the price down on Shankland and Grant. 

cheers Geoff 

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

No really Neilson is 19 and Rowles is 23.Can't sign a squad of teenagers unless we are Hibs.

Meant more with the forward line 👍

Still got lots of experience in Gordon, Smith, Halkett, Kingsley. 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

cheers Geoff 

Happy with that can't complain although I don't think Shankland is a upgrade on Boyce, just like Robbie he will end up proving me wrong 😉

5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Bongo folk need to chill oot,you are a great contributer to the forum.👍

I've been harsh on Shankland tbh even if he gets 10 goals with Boyce this season coming , hopefully it gets us closer to the old firm and we'll clear of the rest. 

I don't fear the rest tbh. 

We could sign Shankland, Grant, Simms, and I would be confident of finishing ahead of Hibs and Aberdeen, hoping Savage pulls a right few out the hat, that gets us even closer, but then again I'm maybe doubting Robbie too much, because he might just get even more out the squad this year, a new season to come, everything to be excited about. 

Ross County first league game of the season, let's give them a right pumping cmon the Hearts!!!!. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Smith&Weston

Boyce was up at Oriam doing some running this morning before the start of pre-season.  Simms is a massive cog in our wheel next season.  Don’t get him and we need to find a similar type profile.  Shankland not that profile but would score goals.

34 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nobody is claiming to be Itk, its obvious we aren't paying £500k for Shankland or the quoted £750k for Grant. 

If we are paying anymore than 500k for both of them I would be concerned,  Shankland stiil has it all to prove at the top level in Scotland and Grant quite frankly looks wrong   

Hopefully the ship is watertight and we get a few signings from left field as the latest rumours aren't really getting the whelm-o-meter going

As I've posted recently the 500k is a pie in the sky figure.  His club havent even mentioned a price near that value. It's very close. 

Just now, dazajmbo said:

As I've posted recently the 500k is a pie in the sky figure.  His club havent even mentioned a price near that value. It's very close. 

Him signing* not the nonsense fee.

weegie jambo

Bottom line is we need strikers. Boyce seems to have moved to more of a No 10 and works well with a Simms type striker. Shankland seems to be more of a penalty box player/poacher. We're going to need a couple of different types of forward to compete on all fronts and to give us a plan B & C. Bringing Shankland in I feel will compliment Boyce not replace him and if we can get Simms back in or someone of his ilk that would give us some variety up front. Still like to see if Henderson can step up in some pre season friendlies.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***