*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

I notice that Ogashiwa who were linked with in January has been out injured since March with a hamstring injury. Will probably stop any interest in this window

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

35 minutes ago, SCFHearts said:

So  there is a pssibility of us singing Simms Shankland Grant and Ronan

I would delighted if this panned out and why not, well, can but hope 

Simms, Shankland, Grant and Ronan 🎶 🎵 

1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Apparently someone was being shown around this morning…no name I’m afraid.

That going even further than the South American one name thing. 

jambo_4_eva
1 hour ago, King prawn said:

Our bigger problem is that Ginnelly only created 15 chances the whole season. What’s the point in having a winger that doesn’t even create 1 chance per game. He created as many chances as game as Baningame.

Yeah don't think he had a great season but I think he came out and said he had covid twice. He decided to not vaccinate. Ginelly asset is his pace.

I know as a runner when long covid hits your lungs it takes months to get back to your best. Hopefully he improves next season. Big season for him I think his contract is up at end of the season. I like him as a player just needs to really push on this season. 

Rory Mcilroy
1 hour ago, King prawn said:

Our bigger problem is that Ginnelly only created 15 chances the whole season. What’s the point in having a winger that doesn’t even create 1 chance per game. He created as many chances as game as Baningame.

Aye that's not great reading. When he does get his opportunities next season I hope it's more running in behind from a left/central position, he's looked decent at times there but he's definitely not the byline and cross it right winger I thought we were getting. 

The Goalscoring Knee
1 minute ago, Rory Mcilroy said:

byline and cross it right winger I thought we were getting

His crossing is rank rotten, tbh. Either hits the first man or sends it out for a throw-in on the far side. Honestly strugglng to remember him putting it on someone's head in the middle of the box once last season (tho I might be being harsh).

21 minutes ago, FGJambo51 said:

TBF, lower initial fee rising to £500k sounds better than paying £500k for him to disappoint. 

I have no issue with us paying decent money for a player (specifically a striker) if they come in and score a barrel load for us. 

Wonder if we can be cheeky and make a large portion of the fee dependent on him scoring 20 goals. 

Boyce was unbelievably wasteful towards the end of last season, Shankland seems pretty clinical and even in a bad season will still score goals. 

I'm pretty happy with this.

On 16/06/2022 at 21:32, dazajmbo said:

Believe we are close to agreeing a fee with Shankland's club. Far below the 500k made up by the press. Most of which are on installements depending on goals scored, international apps etc. Initial payment potentially lower than the Rowles cost. 

I as many of you have doubts about it not working out and getting a one season wonder who only did it in the championship.  But if we can sort something close to what I'm hearing then we'll have a far less risk and it won't cost more if it doesn't work out. 

I think he's got potential to do something special with us but the risk and outlay did put me off. I have changed my mind now though.

Banderson exclusive 🙄

If shanks signs might help Ronan think mmmm something going on here.

Although he should be beating down our door no matter what.

TyphoonJambo

If we get Shankland, Simms and Ronan i will be surfing the inter web for ceiling cleaning products

Edited by TypoonJambo

Happy to sign Shankland if there's Simms or similar coming in. Also think we need a bit of pace in the #10 and wide areas. 

millerjames398

Looking like shankland is on route,,not many players who move abroad come back a worse player, so hopefully he's picked up a few bits playin in Belgium,  to add to his overall game, even if his move could be described as less than successful🇱🇻

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Happy to sign Shankland if there's Simms or similar coming in. Also think we need a bit of pace in the #10 and wide areas. 

Agreed.  Someone to play on the shoulder.. a furuhashi type..

6 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Opinion or can you expand? Cheers

Work m8 is related to McCormack and is pretty confident he is going up there, apparently he is Goodwins number 1 target this Summer .

The money they've received from Liverppl probably means the deals a slam dunk .

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Work m8 is related to McCormack and is pretty confident he is going up there, apparently he is Goodwins number 1 target this Summer .

Grand, cheers 👍

TyphoonJambo
7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Would make it doubly pleasing if we nipped in ahead of the sheep.

Getting Forrest and Shankland together is smart. 

Thos two knowing each other’s games will help both hit the ground running. 

Will be interesting to see where Forrest plays. Guess he and McKay can both play left or right. Might switch? Whoever plays inverted, it will put big demands on the leftback to supply shankland with crosses. 

On 16/06/2022 at 10:51, Jamboj1 said:

Both want the deal to happen, been a bit of movement on the fee I believe. Getting closer but not 100% there yet next couple of days will decide if this happens. Everything is set for him to come if the fee is agreed 

This close 🤏🏻, would expect he may be in Spain with us 

Shankland is a good signing in my book, people point to his only prem season as a bit meh as other have said a woefully shite defensive dundee Utd team another thing no one has mention it was the season there was no fans at all which I’m sure had an effect 

25 minutes ago, CMc said:

Getting Forrest and Shankland together is smart. 

Thos two knowing each other’s games will help both hit the ground running. 

Will be interesting to see where Forrest plays. Guess he and McKay can both play left or right. Might switch? Whoever plays inverted, it will put big demands on the leftback to supply shankland with crosses. 

If we played a 4231:

Gordon

Atkinson Halkett Rowles Kingsley

Beni Devlin

McKay Boyce Forrest

Shankland

But with the rumours on Grant and Ronan, you could very easily see one of them coming in and Boyce and Shankland rotating as our main CF which might be preferable. 

While I'm meh about shankland. It's fair to say Robbie got the best out of him and knew how to set up a team to get him chances! If he scores ten I'll be very happy 🇱🇻

22 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Shankland is a good signing in my book, people point to his only prem season as a bit meh as other have said a woefully shite defensive dundee Utd team another thing no one has mention it was the season there was no fans at all which I’m sure had an effect 

Hes a natural goal scorer with left or right foot and his head,    I’d be delighted at this signing.   We’re not Dundee United and they were very poor that season. He’ll score a fair few goals here I’m sure.    Sounds very close to being finalised 🇱🇻

Edited by Gmcjambo

9 minutes ago, OTT said:

If we played a 4231:

Gordon

Beni Devlin

McKay Boyce Forrest

Shankland

But with the rumours on Grant and Ronan, you could very easily see one of them coming in and Boyce and Shankland rotating as our main CF which might be preferable. 

Boyce will be phased out this season, in fact when we’ve finished our transfer business he might struggle to get a start And there is certainly no danger he’s a starting striker anymore.

Edited by JimmyCant

We had two seasons in the championship and had nobody any where near the goal scoring that he achieved. Folk saying championship is a rubbish level but we were there recently and Boyce didn't get close to his numbers.

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Boyce will be phased out this season, in fact when we’ve finished our transfer business he’ll struggle to get a start IMO

I want to say good, because he was awful towards the end of the season, but when he plays well, we really click. 

I think bringing in better players around him to take away the burden that was placed on him by McKay*, Gino, GMS, McEneff and Woodburn being no use in front of goal will probably help quite a bit. Likewise, Devlin and Beni didn't contribute anything of note in an attacking sense either. So you'd hope bringing Ronan or Grant in might take that burden of having to score all the time away. 

*McKay did great creating chances, but the length of time it took him to find the net wasn't great. 

Hopefully the spread of goals is a bit better this season and McKay and Forrest can really add a lot to our attack. 

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

I want to say good, because he was awful towards the end of the season, but when he plays well, we really click. 

I think bringing in better players around him to take away the burden that was placed on him by McKay*, Gino, GMS, McEneff and Woodburn being no use in front of goal will probably help quite a bit. Likewise, Devlin and Beni didn't contribute anything of note in an attacking sense either. So you'd hope bringing Ronan or Grant in might take that burden of having to score all the time away. 

*McKay did great creating chances, but the length of time it took him to find the net wasn't great. 

Hopefully the spread of goals is a bit better this season and McKay and Forrest can really add a lot to our attack. 

Awful a bit strong. He was poor from the semi final onwards but was playing really well prior to that. Looked like he was carrying an injury and tired. The bigger squad will certainly benefit him and think he will still be a big player for us next season. 

Phil D. Corners
8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Boyce will be phased out this season, in fact when we’ve finished our transfer business he might struggle to get a start And there is certainly no danger he’s a starting striker anymore.

If Shankland does come I think it will help Boyce. It will take some of the pressure off him. effectively Boyce was our only real striker to play the whole season until Simms arrived. 

And I still hope we get Simms or a Simms style target man to complement both of them. 

I disagree with the conclusion (and I think we'll try for both) but this is an interesting take from someone who watches a lot of Scottish Premiership.

15 minutes ago, OTT said:

If we played a 4231:

Gordon

Beni Devlin

McKay Boyce Forrest

Shankland

Decent team. 

i think we will start the season with a back 3 again (based on current personal and number of CBs signed). 

——————Gordon—————-

——-Neilson  Halkett  Rowles——

Atkinson————————Kingsley

———Pete/Benni——Devlin———

——McKay——————Forrest——

——————Shankland—————-

SpruceBringsteen

If this was Kilmarnock or St Johnstone's transfer window they'd be delighted.

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Exciting times in the next couple of days.

Who's right. Who's wrong.

Can't wait.

JJ1 talking about Shankland not Ronan in that post?

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Exciting times in the next couple of days.

Who's right. Who's wrong.

Can't wait.

Though 1st comment was about Ronan,  2nd about Shankland? 

2 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Awful a bit strong. He was poor from the semi final onwards but was playing really well prior to that. Looked like he was carrying an injury and tired. The bigger squad will certainly benefit him and think he will still be a big player for us next season. 

It might be a bit harsh, but he was really bad. Some of the misses were criminal and you could see the confidence completely evaporate from his game after the semi final miss. 

I think Boyce should have got 20+ last season with the chances McKay was teeing up for him but his form went and that was that sadly 😕 

Still a great player that is an asset to have, but he didn't end last season well at all IMO. 

FWIW think you're probably right with the injury and tiredness, so hopefully Shankland is able to take the burden off him.

4 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I disagree with the conclusion (and I think we'll try for both) but this is an interesting take from someone who watches a lot of Scottish Premiership.

Banging goals in the lower leagues is quite impressive but the real measurement is in the top leagues.  I don't think Shankland's been effective in the premiership, and don't know much about his form overseas.

Lets not forget how much Boyce actually contributes.Screenshot_20220619-172045_Firefox.jpg.2cb70101a5c8440b7a1678a249dc277b.jpg

Plus 16 goals last season.

And he put in an excellent shift in the cup final. We lost any attacking momentum once he went off.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Banging goals in the lower leagues is quite impressive but the real measurement is in the top leagues.  I don't think Shankland's been effective in the premiership, and don't know much about his form overseas.

He's talking about his all-round play in the top division.

I guess we'll find out for ourselves soon enough.

2 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

If Shankland does come I think it will help Boyce. It will take some of the pressure off him. effectively Boyce was our only real striker to play the whole season until Simms arrived. 

And I still hope we get Simms or a Simms style target man to complement both of them. 

I think you should heap every bit of pressure on Boyce that you can. You have competition for places and good players looking over their shoulders, it ups their game. Part of Boyce problem IMO was he was guaranteed a start irrespective of performance. To me that’s not healthy.

Simms. He isn’t a target man in the main, he’s a channel runner. I hate ‘target men’ in modern football. A big powerful centre half simply negates them. Look to me like Simms is now a back burner job and we’re acting as if he isn’t coming back, which is the right thing to do. Then if we get offered him later and we’ve still got space for him, we can make that decision. Loans to me are to fill gaps that your transfer dealings didn’t let you fill. we only need Simms back if we feel we’re still short come mid August. I doubt we’ll leave ourselves so short that we rely on Simms coming back, or getting a similar type from elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Lets not forget how much Boyce actually contributes.Screenshot_20220619-172045_Firefox.jpg.2cb70101a5c8440b7a1678a249dc277b.jpg

Plus 16 goals last season.

And he put in an excellent shift in the cup final. We lost any attacking momentum once he went off.

Huge Boyce fan 

He hates the Hibs 🙂

What’s not to like 

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

He's talking about his all-round play in the top division.

I guess we'll find out for ourselves soon enough.

My impression was that defenders were dealing with him fairly comfortably in the top league, but as you say we will find out.

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Were they at St Mirren at the same time. ? 

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Were they at St Mirren at the same time. ? 

jim goodwin signed ronan early last season when he was st mirren manager

Shanklands would be a great signing I’d say.

he’s obviously worked under Robbie before so 100% would be a great signing. 

7 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

jim goodwin signed ronan early last season when he was st mirren manager

Thought that👍

It would be a major disappointment for Aberdeen and JG if Hearts were to nick Ronan of them🤔

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***