Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

Jambo_jim2001
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Would have thought the Russian embassy was a more obvious target.

They have an empty,,party anyone😁

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh

Apparently Biden's climate "Tzar" (how ironic) John Kerry is concerned that the war will distract the world from climate change. He reckons the massive emissions will negatively affect the globe. 

Jambo_jim2001
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Apparently Biden's climate "Tzar" (how ironic) John Kerry is concerned that the war will distract the world from climate change. He reckons the massive emissions will negatively affect the globe. 

Nuclear winter should cool down the global warming for a fair few centuries 😳I personally don't think it'll become that bad.

Sleepy Joe has awoken and says He is going to sanction them. 
Putin doesn’t care as we have now seen. Maybe time to take out a few Russian units and see if he will listen. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

And perhaps Russians in Russia might take the opportunity to express their disgust at Putin's move, despite the increased repression there that will undoubtedly ensue.

i think they are, but let’s be honest they are putting their lives and their families lives at risk by taking such action. 

The Mighty Thor
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Big demonstration outside Downing Street by Ukrainian nationals living in London. To continue until the Russian invasion ends apparently. Would have thought the Russian embassy was a more obvious target.

Perhaps they're following the money back to Putin's enablers?

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

John Kerry couldn’t wipe his own @$$.

Does he seriously believe, at this exact second, that people give an actual **** about climate change. We may not need to worry much about it soon enough. We’ll all have the same climate. 
Was it Sting that sung about Russians loving their kids too. God I hope they do. 
Putin has lost the plot.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Putin doesn’t care as we have now seen. Maybe time to take out a few Russian units and see if he will listen. 

honestly a bad suggestion. Unless you fancy getting your boots on as that could escalate into something much worse much more quickly

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

John Kerry couldn’t wipe his own @$$.

Does he seriously believe, at this exact second, that people give an actual **** about climate change. We may not need to worry much about it soon enough. We’ll all have the same climate. 
Was it Sting that sung about Russians loving their kids too. God I hope they do. 
Putin has lost the plot.

I must say I was surprised at his total lack of awareness but then we're talking Kerry here. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

“You go Joe, 🥱 😴

HeartsandonlyHearts
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

I must say I was surprised at his total lack of awareness but then we're talking Kerry here. 

Kerry has a history of many WT actual F moments.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Kerry has a history of many WT actual F moments.

Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

He's probably the tools wooden handle. 

dobmisterdobster
18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Big demonstration outside Downing Street by Ukrainian nationals living in London. To continue until the Russian invasion ends apparently. Would have thought the Russian embassy was a more obvious target.

There have been demonstrations at the Russian house.

New sanctions?

Most of the stuff I'm reading and listening to all has the same feel. The sanctions are piss poor weak and we've ignored billions of dirty rubles funneled through London for years.

Freeze every asset, turn off every tap, account, trade, every single link with Russia needs to end right now from everyone in Nato at the very least. Wars cost money and I don't see Putin stopping for any other reason than his own people doing it by removing him themselves. He's too egotistical to retreat.

Edited by Der Kaiser

dobmisterdobster
1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

Why is it suddenly "Keev" in the media. I've been calling it Kiev (Kee-ev) my whole life. 

Kyiv is Ukrainian

Kiev is Russian

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

honestly a bad suggestion. Unless you fancy getting your boots on as that could escalate into something much worse much more quickly

This is the problem we are frightened to do it. As I said Putin doesn’t care if he did he would have stopped after moving into the separatist regions. Where will he stop? Where will we allow him to reach with his troops? The Brandenburg Gate? Sound far fetched I know but did people think he would do what he is doing. 

Fitzroy Pointon
2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Kyiv is Ukrainian

Kiev is Russian

Ah I see. So it's now not fashionable to call it Kiev? 

Like when German Shepherd was changed to Alsatian. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

Ah I see. So it's now not fashionable to call it Kiev? 

Like when German Shepherd was changed to Alsatian. 

The supermarkets will probably withdraw their Chicken Kievs and change the spelling.

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Do you have a link? I can’t find this. 

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Do you have a link? I can’t find this. 

Apologies, mate,

Gustav Gressel-Waves of ambition.

Bloody predictive text !

24 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

This is the problem we are frightened to do it. As I said Putin doesn’t care if he did he would have stopped after moving into the separatist regions. Where will he stop? Where will we allow him to reach with his troops? The Brandenburg Gate? Sound far fetched I know but did people think he would do what he is doing. 

We know what the red-line is, and so does Putin. It's transgressing into any NATO country. 

Hopefully that unified front and a slog of a fight in Ukraine will prevent him testing that NATO doctrine. 

Captain Sausage

Putin won’t touch a NATO state - that is end of days stuff. Likewise NATO won’t touch Russia in Ukraine for the same reason. 

There was a foreign policy expert on channel 4 who made an interesting point - USA is far less exposed to Russian finance and their market than Europe, particularly Germany. It means that Germany is the power holder here on sanctions - and on a human level, you’d hope Germany will accept the financial cost of hitting Russia with the only realistic weapon we have - overwhelming financial sanctions. 

WorldChampions1902
15 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

We know what the red-line is, and so does Putin. It's transgressing into any NATO country. 

Hopefully that unified front and a slog of a fight in Ukraine will prevent him testing that NATO doctrine. 

Likely a war of attrition ensues in Kiev and the West continues to provide Ukrainians with military weapons. A horrible prospect for Ukrainian citizens but every likelihood of a bloody nose for Putin. A terrible prospect nonetheless.

Edited by WorldChampions1902

Russia GDP: £1.71 trillion

Russia Oil&Gas exports: £551billion.

46% of that is exports to the EU. That's £253billion. Nearly 15% of Russia's GDP. That's where to hit them.

39% of their Imports comes from the EU as well. We have the capability to cripple them. All we need is the political will.

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Hopefully Russian troops realise they don't have or want to do this to their Ukraine brothers and sisters.

In this day and age surely people feel this way?? War ffs?!! For what?? The people need to refuse to follow this bullshit. 
No more war. 

WorldChampions1902
Just now, jack D and coke said:

In this day and age surely people feel this way?? War ffs?!! For what?? The people need to refuse to follow this bullshit. 
No more war. 

Take a look at the faces of the early Russian captives. I don’t think they were recruited for their intellect. “Cannon fodder” is a compliment.

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

46% of that is exports to the EU. That's £253billion. Nearly 15% of Russia's GDP. That's where to hit them.

39% of their Imports comes from the EU as well. We have the capability to cripple them. All we need is the political will.

The consumer is already getting pulverised into oblivion just now. 

No easy answer i suppose. 

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Time for a thread title change. 

OP had a nightmare and its a legitimate thread now. 

I was just thinking that. Defo due an update 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

i think they are, but let’s be honest they are putting their lives and their families lives at risk by taking such action. 

Quite.

Captain Sausage

Also an interesting angle: Russia sees the expansion of the EU as a threat. China needs the EU due to the market access it provides. Therefore China will not support Russia in this war. It might not hinder, but it’ll look out for its own interests - economically that means avoiding serious sanctions from the European market.  

56 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Why is it suddenly "Keev" in the media. I've been calling it Kiev (Kee-ev) my whole life. 

Do you still call the capital of china Peking? Or say Bombay or Calcutta?

dobmisterdobster
3 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Also an interesting angle: Russia sees the expansion of the EU as a threat. China needs the EU due to the market access it provides. Therefore China will not support Russia in this war. It might not hinder, but it’ll look out for its own interests - economically that means avoiding serious sanctions from the European market.  

China has already come out in support of Russia. I wouldn't be surprised if they launched an invasion of Taiwan shortly.

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

Is all their hydrocarbon infrastructure pointing west?  Could they just sell it to China instead?

(‘cos we’ll be buying all the gas from Qatar, Norway etc)

Lord Montpelier
8 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Time for a thread title change. 

OP had a nightmare and its a legitimate thread now. 

Agree. Regrettably this has gone well beyond any attempts by Boris to deflect from his shenanigans 

2 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Is all their hydrocarbon infrastructure pointing west?  Could they just sell it to China instead?

(‘cos we’ll be buying all the gas from Qatar, Norway etc)

They're already on the case.

https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/market-insights/latest-news/oil/020422-russia-china-sign-new-energy-deals-following-ukraine-tension

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Do you still call the capital of china Peking? Or say Bombay or Calcutta?

No, but we don’t say Moscva , München, Vien, Firenze or Den Haag.

Just now, FWJ said:

No, but we don’t say Moscva , München, Vien, Firenze or Den Haag.

Speak for yourself. :D

19 minutes ago, Cade said:

They have built 600bn dollars in reserves apparently for this, they can wait this out for a bit unfortunately 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

which is why banning them from SWIFT would stop them being able to use those cash reserves

600 billion is great but if you can't spend it then it's irrelevant. 

Cut the feckers off economically. 

Captain Sausage
11 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

China has already come out in support of Russia. I wouldn't be surprised if they launched an invasion of Taiwan shortly.

Do you have a link to that? I would be very surprised if that’s true. 

Mind what happened the last time there was a huge invasion in Europe, the Yanks were sitting on the fence and a far east nation used that as an excuse to go grab land?

Mind that?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Russia Invades Ukraine