Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

:spoton:

You only get one life, why on earth would you give it up by dying for the sake of some gimps ego, and his utterly pointless billy big baws act.

To play devil’s advocate, the Russians doing nothing about their leadership means things like war crimes and atrocities in Ukraine. Then when the same threat falls on their doorstep, they want to go and hide in neighbouring countries? **** that.

War ends, they all go home, continue providing no opposition until Russia starts making different people’s lives hell. The point of isolating a country is not to help them.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

To play devil’s advocate, the Russians doing nothing about their leadership means things like war crimes and atrocities in Ukraine. Then when the same threat falls on their doorstep, they want to go and hide in neighbouring countries? **** that.

War ends, they all go home, continue providing no opposition until Russia starts making different people’s lives hell. The point of isolating a country is not to help them.

I don't think  young men evacuating a country which needs young men to fight a war they are losing and do jobs in an economy under stress are helping that country - they are weakening it

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

War ends, they all go home,

Depends how the war ends. Could be going home to the gulag or a bullit in the napper.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Imagine if the US had to mobilise a large percentage of the population.

They wouldn't have this bad gear issue. BYOG. 

:D

Many of these new conscripts aren't the virtual peasantry they have been sending to the slaughter. They're city people from Moscow etc. and they know what's happening in Ukraine, they saw it on YouTube.

They know if they go into Ukraine drones will be sniffing them out to drop precision weaponry right on top of them. They know that roughly 1 in every 4 who went there are either dead or wounded already.

I would get out too if I could.

11 hours ago, indianajones said:

Imagine if the US had to mobilise a large percentage of the population.

They wouldn't have this bad gear issue. BYOG. 

I think that is a big part of the idea behind the right to bear arms actually 

If America was ever invaded in a similar way to Ukraine as unlikely as that is I know then they would already have the weapons 

2 hours ago, Sooks said:

I think that is a big part of the idea behind the right to bear arms actually 

If America was ever invaded in a similar way to Ukraine as unlikely as that is I know then they would already have the weapons 

Who knows? The right has been debated and analysed over the centuries and still no-one really knows the motivation behind the right and the way it was worded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_keep_and_bear_arms_in_the_United_States

6 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

More protests against mobilisation, hopefully they grow bigger and in other areas far from Moscow.

2k been arrested apparently. Seems very low. 

Sawdust Caesar
9 minutes ago, indianajones said:

2k been arrested apparently. Seems very low. 

I wouldn't surprised if the Russian authorities down play the amount of arrests, same as they do with their war casualties. 

I wonder if calling for mobilisation is the turning point against Putin, moreso if the protests spread. I wont get my hopes up, though. 

16 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

I wouldn't surprised if the Russian authorities down play the amount of arrests, same as they do with their war casualties. 

I wonder if calling for mobilisation is the turning point against Putin, moreso if the protests spread. I wont get my hopes up, though. 

I reckon he'll be out the door by January or early next. There has to be a faction or factions plotting to take him down. Thing is, they'll all be paranoid, they'll all be spying on each other, they won't know who to trust or who supports who. 

Sawdust Caesar
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I reckon he'll be out the door by January or early next. There has to be a faction or factions plotting to take him down. Thing is, they'll all be paranoid, they'll all be spying on each other, they won't know who to trust or who supports who. 

Yip, who do they trust? I know some of these oligarch deaths have been on ones who spoke out against the war but I wonder if any of them had sounded out someone in they military or FSB about staging a coup and the person grassed on them. 

1 hour ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

One curious factor is the Russians leaving or being captured.

Ukraine has said it won't return any soldier who deserts or otherwise doesn't want to return to Russia. Then we have those fleeing. Many European especially eastern countries have moved to stop tourists. But now they are faced with even more Russians. 

Some are concerned it will change the balance of countries long term with so many more Russians. 

2 hours ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

Yip, who do they trust? I know some of these oligarch deaths have been on ones who spoke out against the war but I wonder if any of them had sounded out someone in they military or FSB about staging a coup and the person grassed on them. 

That's the biggest problem trying to organise a coup.  If you discuss that possibility with someone you believe is like minded, but proves not to be, then you could be signing your own death warrant. 

highlandjambo3
23 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

💯 agree

The Kalashinkovs are famous for their invulnerability, but I'm not sure even they can survive sitting unoiled with grime in their chambers for decades.

I had an AK47 (folding stock) for the 12 months I spent in Sierra Leone, it was very old with its original rustproof coat gone, had to keep it well oiled due to the humidity in the jungle.  Our team would meet up once per week for target practice, about 2-300 rounds each session…………….it never once jammed, even on full automatic.

Jeffros Furios
39 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

@Jeffros Furios, where's Imam Shamil when you need him?

The Shamil Basayev Gorgie Swords of Truth are enjoying some Russian beheadings ☠️

17 hours ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

More protests against mobilisation, hopefully they grow bigger and in other areas far from Moscow.

Let's see what Khabib says about this.

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, Pap said:

Heres how one conscript stopped himself getting sent to Ukraine 😳

:jj:

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Pap said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63032790

What are the odds of him being "Ukranian"? 😌

As tragic as that is the statement of Putin in mourning is laughable when he has been indiscriminately bombing civilian areas in Ukraine and killing countless children in the process.

Like you say the gunman will be Ukrainian in the Russian press.

25 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

As tragic as that is the statement of Putin in mourning is laughable when he has been indiscriminately bombing civilian areas in Ukraine and killing countless children in the process.

As near as damn it

https://twitter.com/guilfanr/status/1574333373190922240?s=20&t=sAj5mvaUMAGjLLGYbuOcPA

Grim photo of a Russian head in a pot with a Ukrainian standing over it doing the salt bae pose as if to season it. 

Humans are ****ing terrible. 

42 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Doubt it.

Ex pupil, nowhere near Ukraine, gunman wearing nazi t-shirt.

Press will struggle to pull that one off.

23 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I had an AK47 (folding stock) for the 12 months I spent in Sierra Leone, it was very old with its original rustproof coat gone, had to keep it well oiled due to the humidity in the jungle.  Our team would meet up once per week for target practice, about 2-300 rounds each session…………….it never once jammed, even on full automatic.

It's amazing how many stories there are about things like this. I'm not a fan of guns by any means but I've got a lot of respect for good, long-lasting engineering like this.

luckyBatistuta
18 minutes ago, Cade said:

Head of Russian Orthodox Church says that anybody killed in the line of duty will have their sins absolved and go to heaven.

That's nice.

Well that’s a weight off their shoulders. All be happily skipping off to the front line now. 

33 minutes ago, Cade said:

Head of Russian Orthodox Church says that anybody killed in the line of duty will have their sins absolved and go to heaven.

That's nice.

It's proved an effective carrot for other spiritual warmongering tbf.

il Duce McTarkin
21 minutes ago, Ked said:

It's proved an effective carrot for other spiritual warmongering tbf.

Nae virgins on offer here though.

Brainwashed Russian woman on the news said "the lads will go to the front line and run about a bit and probably lose a bit of weight".

Prophetic and unintentionally very true.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

That's nice.

Magic. The old god on our side wheez doing the rounds again. A fiction older than time.

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Brainwashed Russian woman on the news said "the lads will go to the front line and run about a bit and probably lose a bit of weight".

Prophetic and unintentionally very true.

Do you feel a bit uncomfortable  when you consider the west's involvement in invasions?

Not a trick question.

Just the posts on here about religious reward etc and our own who prayed before unleashing shock and awe.

Makes the Russians invasion look pathetic.

8 hours ago, indianajones said:

Grim photo of a Russian head in a pot with a Ukrainian standing over it doing the salt bae pose as if to season it. 

Humans are ****ing terrible. 

That's horrific.

Just think, that's someone's son. 😔 

9 minutes ago, Hansel said:

That's horrific.

Just think, that's someone's son. 😔 

I've found the daily updates of Russian deaths from western  systems of killing on here a bit off to be honest.

We can I hope all agree that Russian invasion is wrong.

But to celebrate any atrocities  is shit.

And to further that the insinuating of dumbness or cowardice amongst a population that has endured state oppression whilst ignoring our complicit war criminality speaks volumes of our absolute thickness.

And cowardice.

I'm not excusing Russia just apportioning blame to all you fekwits

9 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I’m getting the feeling this whole sorry saga is coming to an end. 

I hope I am right.

I hope you are right.

il Duce McTarkin
32 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I’m getting the feeling this whole sorry saga is coming to an end. 

I hope I am right.

If and when it comes to an end, it was always most likely to be from inside Russia.

Just now, Dirk McClaymore said:

If and when it comes to an end, it was always most likely to be from inside Russia.

100% agree and we are seeing the signs of it. It’s what prompted my previous post.

48 minutes ago, Ked said:

I've found the daily updates of Russian deaths from western  systems of killing on here a bit off to be honest.

We can I hope all agree that Russian invasion is wrong.

But to celebrate any atrocities  is shit.

And to further that the insinuating of dumbness or cowardice amongst a population that has endured state oppression whilst ignoring our complicit war criminality speaks volumes of our absolute thickness.

And cowardice.

I'm not excusing Russia just apportioning blame to all you fekwits

Yeah it's grim. Not easy when you are hearing about the rape and slaughter of civilians but not right none the less

25 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Only takes half a dozen of the top generals to seize the opportunity at the right time, military coup, withdraw back to the pre invasion status, save thousands of lives, open themselves back up to the west, patch up the economy,make a pretence at some kind of faux democracy, realise it’s not really a Russian thing and another dictator steps up to the plate and rinse and repeat. The good thing is they’ve been exposed as a weak military power who will be very wary of setting foot outside their own borders for another 2 generations. The bad thing is that the Chinese will be all over them like a rash.

Edited by JimmyCant

il Duce McTarkin
5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The bad thing is that the Chinese will be all over them like a rash.

Xi Jinping has played Putin like a fiddle.