Russia Invades Ukraine

Greenbank2

3 hours ago, Victorian said:

Doubtless in an effort to avoid any hazardous open windows,  that Sergey Markov has produced some amount of bizarre bullshit.  

It's not just windows they have to try and avoid now, it's stairs too.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11234941/Russian-former-head-Moscow-Aviation-Institute-dies-falling-flights-stairs.html

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Have to hand it to these communists, when it comes to getting rid of employees they are running to the right of P&O.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Russia annexed Crimea as part of its sovereign territory back in 2014. The Ukrainians have already been carrying out attacks on sites in Crimea, as well as targetting sites over the Russian border. It won't change much, imo - it's just a PR exercise trying to provide justification for the war.

:spoton:

il Duce McTarkin

And so it begins.

Unfortunately the Mad Dictator won't care a jot.

He isn't in this for the Russian people, so why should he pay them any attention.

They'll become just another obstacle to be crushed.

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Putin has to remember that Russia only has around twice the population of the UK.
He does not have unlimited manpower.

He also has to remember that his good friends in China will be eying up strategic opportunities presented by any Russian military drawdown on their eastern garrisons.

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Putin has to remember that Russia only has around twice the population of the UK.

Yes and apparently some of the manpower are strongly against fighting in a war. With all the media opportunities we all have now we can look in stark reality historic film of epic battles, which in fact were a loca tion of animal slaughter by men against other men, none of whom had any real personal grudge against the fellow human being he had sentenced to death in the name of self defence. I remember being taught bayonet use against dummies, with a sergeant encouraging us to shout and express hatred for the object we were stabbing, why would I hate another human being who was doing the exact same obedience to orders as me and we had no personal feelings at all for or against our to be opponent. The irony is the people who set against each other and judged the statistics sat at desks and conjured ways for us to kill more easier, but made sure they had no exposure to deat giving or receiviong.

8 hours ago, Victorian said:

Doubtless in an effort to avoid any hazardous open windows,  that Sergey Markov has produced some amount of bizarre bullshit.  

Comical Sergei should have his own show, I've not laughed as much since the days of Comical Ali.

Arrested protesters  being handed army enlistment papers at the Police Station.

Edited by hughesie27

8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Arrested protesters  being handed army enlistment papers at the Police Station.

They're hardly gonna be motivated to fight. They'll surrender 1st chance they get

15 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

The lunatic has announced 'partial mobilisation' and referenda in some Ukrainian states. 

He's also threatened 10 years fir 'draft' dodgers.

10 years or bring killed. Big choice. 

Referendums at 3 days' notice :laugh2:

I was hearing that one of the main Wagner guys has been recruiting in Russian jails. Basically, if they give him 6 months service they'll be free, but if they get to the front and don't fancy it they'll be shot.

They played some audio that has been recorded surreptitiously, I don't speak Russian but they said that's what was doing on.

Desperate stuff.

5 hours ago, Cade said:

5 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

He also has to remember that his good friends in China will be eying up strategic opportunities presented by any Russian military drawdown on their eastern garrisons.

And of course, to all intents and purposes, China does have unlimited manpower.

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

And of course, to all intents and purposes, China does have unlimited manpower.

Quite.

The Mighty Thor

Having seen some of the stuff on my twitter feed, Putin should send his police forces to the front line.

These boys look hard as feck in big groups against unarmed civilians and would be right up his street for the murder and pillage. 

At the moment if Putin was deposed it would be to hard line leaders who want to conduct total war.

But that could change if defeats continue and many of the new soldiers are killed. 

Seems the Ukrainian Azov Battalion commanders released though not the soldiers and paramedics are to stay in Turkey so they can't fight. 

Lots of games being played. But Russia said they would go on trial for war crimes. So somehow that's not happening. 

48 minutes ago, Cade said:

"I'm calling up all my reservists and am going to nuke you all!!"

"But I'm also releasing lots of prisoners please stop destroying my army"

:gok:

It's worth speculating about the apparent good guy / bad guy routine.  When you also consider the things that Xi and Modi had to say,  along with what Erdogan said about a supposed wish on Putin's part to end the war,  you have to wonder if there are ongoing 'back channel' discussions and a certain amount of choreography going on.

14 hours ago, Smithee said:

I was hearing that one of the main Wagner guys has been recruiting in Russian jails. Basically, if they give him 6 months service they'll be free, but if they get to the front and don't fancy it they'll be shot.

They played some audio that has been recorded surreptitiously, I don't speak Russian but they said that's what was doing on.

Desperate stuff.

I think it was Sky News who interviewed a woman whose husband was in jail for murder, only that he's not in jail anymore as he called her from Ukraine the other day, saying that if he served 6 months and survived he'd be set free.

Of course it's probably a load of bullshit, as he'll most likely die in an 'accident' a few days before he is due to be released, if he makes it that far of course.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

13 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interesting, he must know something the Russians need. Wonders what the odd's on him self harming then diving under a train later this year are?

24 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Interesting, he must know something the Russians need. Wonders what the odd's on him self harming then diving under a train later this year are?

Not necessarily. As well as the personal friendship aspect, Russia can probably get away with selling foot soldiers and ordinary civilians down the river, but if they start doing the same to their high-level supporters such as Medvedchuk, then it could put the fear up the politicians that they're currently propping up in the occupied territories. This is a message to those politicians that Russia still has their back. I don't think Ukraine would have parted with Medvedchuk if they seriously thought his knowledge would damage Ukrainian security.

14 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Not necessarily. As well as the personal friendship aspect, Russia can probably get away with selling foot soldiers and ordinary civilians down the river, but if they start doing the same to their high-level supporters such as Medvedchuk, then it could put the fear up the politicians that they're currently propping up in the occupied territories. This is a message to those politicians that Russia still has their back. I don't think Ukraine would have parted with Medvedchuk if they seriously thought his knowledge would damage Ukrainian security.

Interesting perspective.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov has not denied media reports that some protesters were given draft papers

Guess they hope that'll deter a fair few protesters. Grim stuff.

Unfortunately for the Russian they need mass protests. A few hundred here and there will just see the most unruly picked out for service / jail. 

Hard to feel any sympathy with them tbh. Some of them probably still have their Z t-shirts on.

Lambs to the slaughter. 

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, Victorian said:

It's worth speculating about the apparent good guy / bad guy routine.  When you also consider the things that Xi and Modi had to say,  along with what Erdogan said about a supposed wish on Putin's part to end the war,  you have to wonder if there are ongoing 'back channel' discussions and a certain amount of choreography going on.

We can safely assume that this is a given.

Sawdust Caesar
17 hours ago, Smithee said:

Desperate stuff.

Desperate indeed. Wouldn't fancy hunkering down in a trench with this guy. Any plump conscript is fair game.

Yegor Komarov is a cannibal, who hunted people in parks in St Petersburg, then killed and ate them. He was caught eating someone at a car accident, with two others. He has now been enrolled in the Wagner group to fight in Ukraine for the Ruscists. This, #EU is next door.

Plenty Wagner guys have been killed. A whole group after someone disclosed their location with a social media post. 

Not so brilliant as they tell everyone. Though they do do decent honest analysis not bound by Russian secrecy. 

Sawdust Caesar
2 hours ago, Homme said:

Unfortunately for the Russian they need mass protests. A few hundred here and there will just see the most unruly picked out for service / jail. 

Hard to feel any sympathy with them tbh. Some of them probably still have their Z t-shirts on.

Lambs to the slaughter. 

The dozy twonks are arresting the wrong protestors, these guys were part of a counter-protest against the anti-war folks (chortle)

Sawdust Caesar
23 hours ago, Cade said:

It was only a few months ago that Putin was trying to encourage Russian women to have ten children as the age demographic in the country is getting older. And he is contributing to it greatly by sending young men off to die.