• Cade

• JFK-1

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

The guy is nuts

That said, I've arrived at that conclusion for most world 'leaders' now. 

If only the people of the world could rise against these arseholes in a worldwide uprising and get rid of them for good. Wishful thinking but come on the Russian people you must know your dictator is a turd that needs flushed away now.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I didn't see any smilies amongst your tedious , nit picking misinterpretation.  

That wasn't the jesting bit. I thought you were greeting about the numerical reference. 

Lord Montpelier
3 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

If only the people of the world could rise against these arseholes in a worldwide uprising and get rid of them for good. Wishful thinking but come on the Russian people you must know your dictator is a turd that needs flushed away now.

Those of an age who should be out uprising and protesting have frankly gone soft. Will never happen now 

Spitonastranger
8 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Boris had gone to some length to deflect and disctract. The OP has had a nightmare 

Did you see your hero walk out of Parliament when he was caught lying again

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Those of an age who should be out uprising and protesting have frankly gone soft. Will never happen now 

It's sad that is the fact. If ever people power was needed it is now.

8 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

😂😂😂

If young folk were out 'uprising and protesting' you'd be calling then spoilt brats who don't know how good they've got it!

Ainsley Harriott
7 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Did you see your hero walk out of Parliament when he was caught lying again

John Robertson was in parliament?

11 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Straight out the boomer handbook :lol:

It must be a wonderful job, you can pick a fight with any country big small or medium,then you state its war and tell the others to come and fight,but you the great leader don't you get the young lads and lasses to sacrifice their lives in the fight you picked, and then when they are all dead and you lose you retire to some sympathetic country and criticise the dead who gave their lives. Even brawls in pubs have more class and dignity.

Jambo_jim2001
9 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

It must be a wonderful job, you can pick a fight with any country big small or medium,then you state its war and tell the others to come and fight,but you the great leader don't you get the young lads and lasses to sacrifice their lives in the fight you picked, and then when they are all dead and you lose you retire to some sympathetic country and criticise the dead who gave their lives. Even brawls in pubs have more class and dignity.

Spot on👍👍

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

This Prime Minister gets all the big calls right. 😂

Number 10 loves the word "mis-spoke".     They're having to use it quite a lot these days !!   

Did Putin lie when he told Biden & Macron that he had no plans to invade Ukraine .... or did he "mis-speak"  ?

It would be a real "woooosh" moment if  our PM was to  publicly accuse Putin of lying ?     Whats the Russian word for irony ?

Create meme "Putin angry" - Pictures - Meme-arsenal.com

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Number 10 loves the word "mis-spoke".     They're having to use it quite a lot these days !!   

Did Putin lie when he told Biden & Macron that he had no plans to invade Ukraine .... or did he "mis-speak"  ?

It would be a real "woooosh" moment if  our PM was to  publicly accuse Putin of lying ?     Whats the sian word for irony ?

The clips on Twitter of Spaffer scuttling out the chamber as Chris Bryant rose to raise the point of order of another of his grandiose bullshit claims is hilarious. 

Biden...Russia is violating International law.

It's actually sick that these b******s can come out with this bullshit depending on who their friends/foes are !

1 minute ago, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Send Steven seagall over to have a word with putin.before the big guns chuck Norris

You mean President Macron didn't manage to single handedly de-escalate Russia and Putin? Imagine the reaction if Boris Johnson had been given such a public boot in the baws.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, pablo said:

You mean President Macron didn't manage to single handedly de-escalate Russia and Putin? Imagine the reaction if Boris Johnson had been given such a public boot in the baws.

Well, Macron fancies himself as another Napoleon and he got kicked in the balls by Russia as well.

Jambo_jim2001
Just now, pablo said:

Personally I'd be laughing my ass off at Boris

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, Boab said:

Biden...Russia is violating International law.

It's actually sick that these b******s can come out with this bullshit depending on who their friends/foes are !

That’s the Yanks all over.

Katya Adler just reported that the PMs of Poland and the former Soviet Baltic states are sufficiently spooked that they are trying to get the EU to adopt  a much stronger stance  in their response to  Russia.   

2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

It would be a real "woooosh" moment if  our PM was to  publicly accuse Putin of lying ?     Whats the Russian word for irony ?

You enquire did Putin lie, if his lips were moving he did.

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Putin seems to be getting more and more erratic. Has to be a genuine worry that this lunatic is spoiling for a fight whilst sitting on 6000+ nuclear missiles. 

He actually said in public the other day that Russia could no beat the combined might of the west in a straight fight but that if it came to it no one would win.

susprised more wasn’t made of that statement.

I thought it was all just a power play to rightly get NATO to back off a bit. I've now watched Putin a few times and he does seem determined for a fight with a rage that would press the button on nukes. 

Would he nuke Ukraine? I think he would.

4 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

It's banned(or in the process of) is it not, by Patel.

Aye, cos freedom & democracy is an age driven thing.

Kin hell. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Aye, cos freedom & democracy is an age driven thing.

Kin hell. 

They do uprise and protest, he just moans about them, when they do.

J.T.F.Robertson
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I thought it was all just a power play to rightly get NATO to back off a bit. I've now watched Putin a few times and he does seem determined for a fight with a rage that would press the button on nukes. 

Would he nuke Ukraine? I think he would.

Nah. Even he must know that would mean no Ukraine, no Russia and pretty much no anything.

Least there'd be nowt left to fight about right enough. Every cloud.

Just now, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Nah. Even he must know that would mean no Ukraine, no Russia and pretty much no anything.

Least there'd be nowt left to fight about right enough. Every cloud.

All true, but Russia is pretty big, and Vlad is pretty mad.

J.T.F.Robertson
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

All true, but Russia is pretty big, and Vlad is pretty mad.

Has to be something connected to the name.

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

They do uprise and protest, he just moans about them, when they do.

He is an absolute rocket that should be launched. 

7 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Has to be something connected to the name.

Shootin Putin :facepalm: all I have.

Edited by ri Alban

J.T.F.Robertson

Music's no' the same as it used to be either. :angry:

Naisys Tackle

Shashank Joshi - YouTube

Yer man seems to be the guy to go to when it comes to being spot on.  

This, I feel has been calculated over a few decades and there's nothing as a country (UK) we can do about it because of how much money Russians have poured into our economy 

Sanctions?  Not a fecking chance man.  Whatever is imposed it will be what is agreed/ they tell the government what they agree on.  

Poster was right before.  Biden is weak.  I don't believe the covid crap as my line of work I know the professionals who worth on the vaccine and although they do ultimately come from Zhejiang they are in collaboration with both us and other countries.     

I'm not high up in anything, but I do know the stress and the effort put on by our professors in relation to covid and I also know during this time how much our partnerships with China has grown also.  I don't feel for a second we would entertain anything if there was any wrongdoing. 

highlandjambo3

Woke up this morning and popped on sky news…….I’d have thought there would have been Russian tanks and troops all over the place after the media cry “tanks in the streets” yesterday………all I seen on tv was a couple of tracked support vehicles (not tanks) and the odd truck or two caught on someone’s phone at night.  Not saying an invasion won’t happen but the media are gagging for it…….there are tv camera crews all over the country…..where are they now and what’s their latest footage……where’s the “press” guy with the blue body armour & helmet at the front line filming Ukrainian troops in their trenches the other day.

2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Woke up this morning and popped on sky news…….I’d have thought there would have been Russian tanks and troops all over the place after the media cry “tanks in the streets” yesterday………all I seen on tv was a couple of tracked support vehicles (not tanks) and the odd truck or two caught on someone’s phone at night.  Not saying an invasion won’t happen but the media are gagging for it…….there are tv camera crews all over the country…..where are they now and what’s their latest footage……where’s the “press” guy with the blue body armour & helmet at the front line filming Ukrainian troops in their trenches the other day.

We have now learned from covid that the media totally amplifies things  They are deperate on Putin putting his feet in Ukraine. 

I'm not too sure what to make of all of this really. The regions in question seem to have a pretty strong identity as Russian rather than Ukraine...at least it's not uniformly Ukrainian in how the people identify.

I'm not 100% sure why the West are involved either, unless we perceive this to be part of a wider plan for Russia to move further west in their advance

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm not too sure what to make of all of this really. The regions in question seem to have a pretty strong identity as Russian rather than Ukraine...at least it's not uniformly Ukrainian in how the people identify.

I'm not 100% sure why the West are involved either, unless we perceive this to be part of a wider plan for Russia to move further west in their advance

The problem is that there are regions like that all over Eastern Europe. For example Csaba Laszlo who we all knew as Hungarian was actually born and brought up in Romania as there is a part that considers itself ethnically Hungarian. 

15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The problem is that there are regions like that all over Eastern Europe. For example Csaba Laszlo who we all knew as Hungarian was actually born and brought up in Romania as there is a part that considers itself ethnically Hungarian. 

Half a million Hungarians in Eastern Slovakia too. It dates back to the aftermath of WW1, when Hungary lost territory. There are thought to be up to 2-3 million Ethnic Hungarians in neighbouring countries, whose presence dates from then.

You are spot on about 'blurred' borders all around Eastern Europe, largely caused by historic border changes.

Lots of Ethnic Russians in the 3 Baltic States who date from Soviet times. With current tensions, they could become a problem.

Edited by SwindonJambo

joondalupjambo
15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I suspect they do not want Russia to gain control of the energy market in that area and also any oil and gas reserves that are in Ukraine.  As with all conflicts that the west, the UK and USA especially, get involved with there always has to be something in it for them.  The West will say it is a humanitarian issue, or an issue of sovereignty but with all these type of potential conflicts just follow the money and that is where the real answers come from.  This link was written in 2000 and it seems that Russia has had it's sights set on Ukraine for a long time but it could be Putin thinks both BJ and Biden are weak so act now.  Obviously just my take on it and of course there will be other opinions.

https://www.rand.org/pubs/issue_papers/IP198.html

14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Yup. Between the fall of the Soviet Union and also further back, the Austro-Hungarian empire, it's really caused a mess to what we now know as modern Europe. Thankfully in most cases, there's not been a lot of conflict regarding them. I worked with a Hungarian lass too who was born and bred in Romania but refused to identify as such. Basically the whole of Transylvania is Hungarian ethnics, and there's a good chunk of Slovakia too. 

While I know about the geography of Europe, I'm not going to kid on I know much about the politics, but I guess my main question would be with regards to Ukraine, why now? After the fall of the Soviet Union, surely they had a big say on divvying up its members into independent countries? So why have they sat back and let Ukraine have its independence, start to flourish as its own nation, only to now try take it back? And going forward, does this mean there may be further attempts to reclaim its former territories? 

1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

I suspect they do not want Russia to gain control of the energy market in that area and also any oil and gas reserves that are in Ukraine.  As with all conflicts that the west, the UK and USA especially, get involved with there always has to be something in it for them.  The West will say it is a humanitarian issue, or an issue of sovereignty but with all these type of potential conflicts just follow the money and that is where the real answers come from.  This link was written in 2000 and it seems that Russia has had it's sights set on Ukraine for a long time but it could be Putin thinks both BJ and Biden are weak so act now.  Obviously just my take on it and of course there will be other opinions.

https://www.rand.org/pubs/issue_papers/IP198.html

Yip.

Some people still believe the West went baw deep into Iraq because they had “ weapons of mass destruction ! “

:cornette:

19 minutes ago, Tazio said:

One of the most noticeable take-homes I've had from my trips to the Balkans is that almost every country has a "Greater" version of itself land-wise which nationalists want to reclaim. Greater Serbia, Greater Hungary, Great Bulgaria, the list goes on. It's no wonder that part of the world is a tinder keg.

jack D and coke
9 hours ago, Costanza said:

I had half joked during the Brexit negotiations that Johnson was a Russian asset....

I’ve no doubt at all Johnson is an asset to Russian oligarchs. 
Also if I was Putin I’d already have flattened Ukraine if I only had to worry about complete and utter saps like that Trudeau. 
Leaders everywhere nowadays Jesus ****ing christ man what’s going on?!

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Russia Invades Ukraine