• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• redjambo

• escobri

• Geoff Kilpatrick

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Hope he makes it all the way to final and Nadal pumps him. 

Mon the Aussies make him cry.

I'm pretty sure someone from Novaks background won't be intimidated by a few drunk Aussies. All sure he will get plenty of support as well. 

Is it possible his positive test was the last date that he tested positive, rather than the first given he'll likely have been testing regularly?

Surely they can't have been so stupid to have tested positive and then gone out and about. (Stupid in terms of the rules, not sure going out and about when you're totally fine is stupid but that another argument).

Edit: just seen the transcript. What a tit 😂

Edited by Taffin

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Looking forward to seeing him have to defend swanning about at events after testing positive.

This will be interesting. 

I have a feeling that it may have been fake news as i seriously doubt he would be so stupid but you never know. 

Also, who knows what the rules are in Serbia or wherever he was flaunting about. 

Djokovic: "So you're giving me legally 20 minutes to try to provide additional information that I don’t have?

"At 4 o clock in the morning? I mean you kind of put me in a very awkward position where at 4 in the morning I can’t call director of Tennis Australia, I can’t engage with anybody from the Victorian state government through Tennis Australia.

"I just you put me in a very uncomfortable position. I don’t know what else can I tell you. I mean I-I-I-I everything that that they -- I was asked to do is here."

"And I wouldn’t be here sitting in front of you if I if I wasn’t complying to all the rules and regulations set by your government. So I just -- I don’t know what I I mean -- to me it is a little bit shocking that you are have -- that you are going to give me the notice to cancel my visa based on what?

Was only given 20 minutes to provide additional information. What nice people the Aussie border force/govt are. 

6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

This will be interesting. 

I have a feeling that it may have been fake news as i seriously doubt he would be so stupid but you never know. 

Also, who knows what the rules are in Serbia or wherever he was flaunting about. 

Fake news? He posted it himeslf on his twitter account?

5 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Hopefully the old bill give him a kickin

Wow. He just wants to work without having a medical treatment. Whats wrong with you?

A Boy Named Crow
50 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This is hilarious. The political fallout here is going to be huge.

The main thing is Morrison gets his, arse handed to him!

2 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Fake news? He posted it himeslf on his twitter account?

It was posted on those dates. Did those events happen that date itself? 

Like i said before, maybe the rules are different in Serbia?

9 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Djokovic: "So you're giving me legally 20 minutes to try to provide additional information that I don’t have?

"At 4 o clock in the morning? I mean you kind of put me in a very awkward position where at 4 in the morning I can’t call director of Tennis Australia, I can’t engage with anybody from the Victorian state government through Tennis Australia.

"I just you put me in a very uncomfortable position. I don’t know what else can I tell you. I mean I-I-I-I everything that that they -- I was asked to do is here."

"And I wouldn’t be here sitting in front of you if I if I wasn’t complying to all the rules and regulations set by your government. So I just -- I don’t know what I I mean -- to me it is a little bit shocking that you are have -- that you are going to give me the notice to cancel my visa based on what?

Was only given 20 minutes to provide additional information. What nice people the Aussie border force/govt are. 

Get it right up him.

Letting him out then arresting him is outstanding work too. Bravo!

Just now, indianajones said:

It was posted on those dates. Did those events happen that date itself

Like i said before, maybe the rules are different in Serbia?

Yes, as has been covered previosuly in this thread.

You are right though, the rules are different. You have to isolate for 14 days in Serbia after receiving a Positive test and must wait 72 hours after receiving a negative result before leaving.

Either he broke the rules or the test is fake.

Jeffros Furios
9 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Wow. He just wants to work without having a medical treatment. Whats wrong with you?

He needs a kick in the baws then jailed for 6 months for being a ***** 

13 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

It's not clear how far measures around people refusing to vaccinate will go.

Can't be a carer in England if you aren't vaccinated and soon you'll have to stop working as doctor or nurse in NHS. 

Some companies have stopped sick pay. 

But Australia overall is taking a stronger position so everyone is vaccinated to try to end restrictions on everyone else. 

Same here. If everyone was vaccinated probably could end all restrictions. 

14 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Yes, as has been covered previosuly in this thread.

You are right though, the rules are different. You have to isolate for 14 days in Serbia after receiving a Positive test and must wait 72 hours after receiving a negative result before leaving.

Either he broke the rules or the test is fake.

Thanks for clarifying. 

Will be interesting to see how he explains that as previously mentioned. Will still be very surprised if he has been that stupid. Maybe thats what his arrest is over although I cant seem to find anything confirming its happened. 

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Thanks for clarifying. 

Will be interesting to see how he explains that as previously mentioned. Will still be very surprised if he has been that stupid. Maybe thats what his arrest is over although I cant seem to find anything confirming its happened. 

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/1547461/Novak-Djokovic-arrested-Australian-Open-tennis-news

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

What has he been arrested for?!

Apparently he hasn't. 

Edited by hughesie27

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

What has he been arrested for?!

I believe it is in order to deport him. The Australian government have the power to deport people as they see fit, so assume this is the process getting under way.

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's not clear how far measures around people refusing to vaccinate will go.

Can't be a carer in England if you aren't vaccinated and soon you'll have to stop working as doctor or nurse in NHS. 

Some companies have stopped sick pay. 

But Australia overall is taking a stronger position so everyone is vaccinated to try to end restrictions on everyone else. 

Same here. If everyone was vaccinated probably could end all restrictions. 

Its not stronger its fascism. 

What happens when everyone is vaccinated? Who do they blame then when coronavirus carries on?

If they sack the 100k NHS workers then how do they replace them? 

20 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

He needs a kick in the baws then jailed for 6 months for being a ***** 

So does Nicola Sturgeon if that's the criteria....

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Its not stronger its fascism. 

What happens when everyone is vaccinated? Who do they blame then when coronavirus carries on?

Tbf I almost want 100% vaccination just to see the meltdown and who they go after next when there's still coronavirus and restrictions.

Malinga the Swinga

Wonder if Novak will be allowed to compete in French open. Macron pretty vocal about making life miserable for non vaccinated. 

Things might have changed by then I guess.

21 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I would argue that the NHS would be better off without medical staff that have beliefs that contradict basic medical science.

Edit: is there a source for the 100,000 figure? I put in a source saying it was only 1,000 but removed it after realising that it was for one hospital 🙄

Edited by Bindy Badgy

15 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

I believe it is in order to deport him. The Australian government have the power to deport people as they see fit, so assume this is the process getting under way.

Shambles. He won his case so should be allowed to stay.

Frankly, I'd rather see him have to defend his actions after testing positive. If they kick him out now he will only get more support.

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Shambles. He won his case so should be allowed to stay.

Frankly, I'd rather see him have to defend his actions after testing positive. If they kick him out now he will only get more support.

Would like to see this too, but would question the authenticty of the test the way things are going.

Clark Griswold

I must say this thread has been a nice distraction from the Transfer Window thread and the nae fitba for the last 2 weeks 

20 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Would like to see this too, but would question the authenticty of the test the way things are going.

Aye, the test is fake I'm sure. An ill thought out plan to get him entry.

27 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

I would argue that the NHS would be better off without medical staff that have beliefs that contradict basic medical science.

Edit: is there a source for the 100,000 figure? I put in a source saying it was only 1,000 but removed it after realising that it was for one hospital 🙄

What basic medical science? Take a vaccine to protect others that have also taken the same vaccine?! Then keep taking the same vaccine every 3 months even though we have no long term safety data on it and a side effect is it may kill you.

My god some people have been brainwashed.

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

What basic medical science? Take a vaccine to protect others that have also taken the same vaccine?! Then keep taking the same vaccine every 3 months even though we have no long term safety data on it and a side effect is it may kill you.

It's a fair question about rights not to take the vaccine.

But what would be the situation if no one had taken the vaccine?

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a fair question about rights not to take the vaccine.

But what would be the situation if no one had taken the vaccine?

Selfish people don't care about public health or civic duty. 

Edited by JackLadd

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

It cold be argued that flat earthers like yourself are brainwashed.

Go on yersel Novak, no compliance, no mask , no social distancing, never! . Tell them to ram it and while your at it have a word with our club who climbed into bed at the drop of a hat with the vaccine certificate introduction, shame on Hearts board! 

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It cold be argued that flat earthers like yourself are brainwashed.

Flat rather, anti vaxxer......blah blah...

13 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Have you been vaccinated ?

Edited by Harry Potter

3 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Go on yersel Novak, no compliance, no mask , no social distancing, never! . Tell them to ram it and while your at it have a word with our club who climbed into bed at the drop of a hat with the vaccine certificate introduction, shame on Hearts board! 

Totally agree. Scottish football clubs have been completely spineless.

Mind you maybe not surprising going by the Stockholm syndrome replies of many on here.