Novak Djokovic

Muppetboy

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, LMc said:

What a weird few pages. Typhoid Zola stirring the pot.

Novak being treated to the same rules as everyone else. Oh dear 🙄 

While thing seems like a bit of a car crash though.

6 minutes ago, LMc said:

Agree with someone else's comment though in that if he had such strong beliefs about it, he probably should have boycotted it 🤷‍♂️

🤷‍♂️

I agree. he should have told them to gtf,. Shame as hes now been humiliated really. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• redjambo

• escobri

• Geoff Kilpatrick

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

ShitsHisPants s

Yes i think he's got a good chance. 

7 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Maybe some wee British laddie that few people have heard of? 

Norrie ? Surely not misery guts Murray? U been smoking the funny stuff ? :) 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh dear. That's disappointing to read. Seems today is full of online disappointments. That's very bigoted really.  

A real double whammy pal…

::oohmatron:

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

A real double whammy pal…

::oohmatron:

I tend to see people as individuals and not ascribe them as part of a group just because they have something in common. Its a good way to look at life really. 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I tend to see people as individuals and not ascribe them as part of a group just because they have something in common. Its a good way to look at life really. 

I tend to act like a like I’m about 12 when it’s football and Hearts involved and bunch everyone together and hate them all equally. Makes things much easier. 

18 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

He'll be the favourite but not surefire at all. 

Zverev has been handy most of last year; ShitsHisPants stands a good chance; Berretini might have a decent go at it and there's a few more bunched up. None of them may ever challenge Fed/Nadal/Djoko for greatness but they should be able to serve up a good tourney for us. 

My outside bet will be Felix A-A. Not outrageously outside, I'll admit. Maybe some wee British laddie that few people have heard of? 

Will be Zverev or Med most likely. Outwith that can see Hurkacz maybe stepping up. RBA is playing some lovely stuff right now at the min top but will never quite be at that too level.

Tsitsipas and Berrettini both coming off surgery so I don't think they'll feature at the death. Still plenty of tennis to be played before the business end of the AO mind you. I'd love to see a new winner again.

Edited by Homme

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I tend to act like a like I’m about 12 when it’s football and Hearts involved and bunch everyone together and hate them all equally. Makes things much easier. 

yes but that's for 90 mins of the week. What do you do the rest of the time ? :) 

jack D and coke
Just now, JamesM48 said:

yes but that's for 90 mins of the week. What do you do the rest of the time ? :) 

Thinking about my 90 mins of hating groups of people really. Usually drink fuelled 🤪😀

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, jack D and coke said:

Thinking about my 90 mins of hating groups of people really. Usually drink fuelled 🤪😀

livia soprano.gif

jack D and coke

livia soprano.gif

You love a gif eh :lol: while we’re on on the subject you watched that prequel movie yet? Any good? 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You love a gif eh :lol: while we’re on on the subject you watched that prequel movie yet? Any good? 

Aye my review is somewhere on " the last film you watched"  found it 

“ The many saints of Newark “ 

There have been a few reviews of this here . Being a massive Sops fan I was really looking forward to this . As others have noted it’s slightly above average I would say . Probably I’m mildly disappointed . However I knew there was no way they Could achieve the heights of the tv show , particularly the outstanding cast like James Galdolfino , Lorraine Bracco , Nancy Marchand et al . However it has some style and the acting is fine . I expected more of a storyline regarding Jonny and Livia Soprano ? There relationship was often mentioned in the tv series and the Film was an ideal opportunity To illustrate it and the viewer could then understand Tony and Livia more . 

There was clearly a homage to Dr Melfi when Dick when to visit his uncle in jail and he was almost getting therapy from him . I also liked the scene when Livia was at the school and found out Tony had spoken about a “ one of the best nights of his life “ ( when she read him a bedtime story. ) it was a very touching scene . 

It’s a shame that the plot seemed to be waylaid by the black gangsters sun plot . I really couldn’t understand that really . 

Anyway I’d give it 7/10 for its acting and whacking scenes ! 😂 I also thought the actors who played Paulie and Silvio were hysterical . Vera Farmerg I felt looked really like Edi Falco ( Carmela ) I wonder if this was deliberate ? Tony marrying a woman who looks like his mom. Very Freudian 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Aye my review is somewhere on " the last film you watched"  found it 

“ The many saints of Newark “ 

There have been a few reviews of this here . Being a massive Sops fan I was really looking forward to this . As others have noted it’s slightly above average I would say . Probably I’m mildly disappointed . However I knew there was no way they Could achieve the heights of the tv show , particularly the outstanding cast like James Galdolfino , Lorraine Bracco , Nancy Marchand et al . However it has some style and the acting is fine . I expected more of a storyline regarding Jonny and Livia Soprano ? There relationship was often mentioned in the tv series and the Film was an ideal opportunity To illustrate it and the viewer could then understand Tony and Livia more . 

There was clearly a homage to Dr Melfi when Dick when to visit his uncle in jail and he was almost getting therapy from him . I also liked the scene when Livia was at the school and found out Tony had spoken about a “ one of the best nights of his life “ ( when she read him a bedtime story. ) it was a very touching scene . 

It’s a shame that the plot seemed to be waylaid by the black gangsters sun plot . I really couldn’t understand that really . 

Anyway I’d give it 7/10 for its acting and whacking scenes ! 😂 I also thought the actors who played Paulie and Silvio were hysterical . Vera Farmerg I felt looked really like Edi Falco ( Carmela ) I wonder if this was deliberate ? Tony marrying a woman who looks like his mom. Very Freudian 

👍🏼Keep meaning to watch it. I did love the Sopranos. 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

👍🏼Keep meaning to watch it. I did love the Sopranos. 

it was above average but could have been better . Worth a watch though 

5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

NO i think my assessment is more accurate. Quite snidey of him as i believe that they have been friends off court as most are. Novak will probably be disappointed.

For this I really hope that Nadal gets his arse( splendid though it might be) handed to him on a platter at the Open. 

Novak is so worried about his friends that he didn't get vaccinated. 👍 

And Novak is friends with Genocidal maniacs. 

Australia better watch Novak doesn't pollute their drinking water with his thoughts.

Edited by ri Alban

The Mighty Thor

It's amazing how the most basic fundamental point,that Australia set the rules for entry into their country, can escape so many.

25 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's amazing how the most basic fundamental point,that Australia set the rules for entry into their country, can escape so many.

Especially fae Brexiters .

30 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

This a thousand times over. People do know like every other country on the planet there as always been rules for entering Australia. Who knew it was such an issue. 😂

10 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

He'll be the favourite but not surefire at all. 

Zverev has been handy most of last year; ShitsHisPants stands a good chance; Berretini might have a decent go at it and there's a few more bunched up. None of them may ever challenge Fed/Nadal/Djoko for greatness but they should be able to serve up a good tourney for us. 

My outside bet will be Felix A-A. Not outrageously outside, I'll admit. Maybe some wee British laddie that few people have heard of? 

Norrie is the best British bet but a quarter final for him would be a fantastic achievemtn at this stage.

I don't know how i feel about Novak. An amazing player and his personal beliefs are none of my business, but i do wonder why he is prepared to thrwo away the chance of beating the Grand Slam record and all the £££'s that come with it for this.

He has his beliefs, the opportunity was there for him to stick by them and play...but it's turning into a political farce.

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Novak is so worried about his friends that he didn't get vaccinated. 👍 

And Novak is friends with Genocidal maniacs. 

Aye Australia has a clean sheet in genocide and immigration doesn't it. ? Hes as fit as fiddle he needs no vaccine. Neither does his tennis mates. Nadal just wanted another prick in him.

Australian Genocide: How It Happened And How It Haunts Us To This Day (allthatsinteresting.com)

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Norrie is the best British bet but a quarter final for him would be a fantastic achievemtn at this stage.

I don't know how i feel about Novak. An amazing player and his personal beliefs are none of my business, but i do wonder why he is prepared to thrwo away the chance of beating the Grand Slam record and all the £££'s that come with it for this.

He has his beliefs, the opportunity was there for him to stick by them and play...but it's turning into a political farce.

Maybe some people cant be bought?. Maybe he has principles. ?  He has enough cash anyway.

I really hope that it doesn't impact on him being able to play in the other slams. Maybe hes out of the French due to the wee man over there but I think he will be fine for Wimbledon and US open.  

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Maybe some people cant be bought?. Maybe he has principles. ?  He has enough cash anyway.

I really hope that it doesn't impact on him being able to play in the other slams. Maybe hes out of the French due to the wee man over there but I think he will be fine for Wimbledon and US open.  

I hope so because i want to see the best players play.

In my experience of watching elite sport there is never enough cash buthe may now be wondering "do i want to break the record in front of the Aussie crowd?"

Part of me wants him to turn up, win the thing and sit back and enjoy the seethe.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

I hope so because i want to see the best players play.

In my experience of watching elite sport there is never enough cash buthe may now be wondering "do i want to break the record in front of the Aussie crowd?"

Part of me wants him to turn up, win the thing and sit back and enjoy the seethe.

Oh the seethe on this would be off the scale. : ) akin to Scotland losing Indy 2 judging by whom is being critical of Novak. lol Yes if he gets to play he will seriously be firing on all cylinders and swat anyone in his way. Nadal better watch out :)  and IM  a Nadal fan .  But Novak never has received the praise he deserves. 20 Slams . 7 years end of year number 1 . I think most Masters titles too. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Oh the seethe on this would be off the scale. : ) akin to Scotland losing Indy 2 judging by whom is being critical of Novak. lol Yes if he gets to play he will seriously be firing on all cylinders and swat anyone in his way. Nadal better watch out :)  and IM  a Nadal fan .  But Novak never has received the praise he deserves. 20 Slams . 7 years end of year number 1 . I think most Masters titles too. 

Novak's problem is that he is not Roger or Rafa 🤷‍♂️

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Novak's problem is that he is not Roger or Rafa 🤷‍♂️

IN what way? 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

IN what way? 

Rafa and Roger are seen as sort of heroes of the game and sort of darlings of the game, something they will have worked to achieve. Potentially ND has not done this and is not seen in the same light. 

For me I'm not a fan of RF or ND, one seems so up himself that if he was chocolate he would eat himself. The other I feel has on multiple occasions went against the spirit of the rules by using medical timeouts to disrupt the momentum of his opponents

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

IN what way? 

Nothing sinister, just in terms of likeability and how the public perceives their personalities.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Rafa and Roger are seen as sort of heroes of the game and sort of darlings of the game, something they will have worked to achieve. Potentially ND has not done this and is not seen in the same light. 

For me I'm not a fan of RF or ND, one seems so up himself that if he was chocolate he would eat himself. The other I feel has on multiple occasions went against the spirit of the rules by using medical timeouts to disrupt the momentum of his opponents

That’s a fair comment.

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nothing sinister, just in terms of likeability and how the public perceives their personalities.

Yes id agree with both these comments. I think that Novak presents as rather eccentric and at times cocky so that hasnt helped either I suppose. Hes also not afraid to express his views about a wide variety of subjects .  I also wonder f his Balkans heritage has something to do with it  ? Some residue disgust about the conflict ?  Whereas Rafa and Fed are non controversial aka boring really :) 

Novak Djokovic Doubling Donations In His Foundation's Season Of Giving | ATP Tour | Tennis

21 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes id agree with both these comments. I think that Novak presents as rather eccentric and at times cocky so that hasnt helped either I suppose. Hes also not afraid to express his views about a wide variety of subjects .  I also wonder f his Balkans heritage has something to do with it  ? Some residue disgust about the conflict ?  Whereas Rafa and Fed are non controversial aka boring really :) 

Novak Djokovic Doubling Donations In His Foundation's Season Of Giving | ATP Tour | Tennis

You’ve had a go at Nadal for expressing his views earlier in the thread :rofl:

11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Nadal is usually my favourite but I'm really disappointed with him putting his oar in today. Strikes of opportunism and sucking up to the Aussie Open official and the public . It was actually very tacky and disrespectful . 

I saw some comments attributed to him yesterday that struck me as very balanced and respectful, what has he done today?

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Shanks said:

You’ve had a go at Nadal for expressing his views earlier in the thread :rofl:

LOL yes but they were boring views lol ]

5 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

I saw some comments attributed to him yesterday that struck me as very balanced and respectful, what has he done today?

He should have kept his views to himself in solidarity with his fellow player. Poor patter from him really 

LOL yes but they were boring views lol ]

He should have kept his views to himself in solidarity with his fellow player. Poor patter from him really 

Nadal was respectful. But he calmly stated that vaccination is a good thing. 

Is that controversial? 

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Nothing.

He basically said that everyone knew the score with regards to getting into Australia and Djokovic is being a dick. 

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nadal was respectful. But he calmly stated that vaccination is a good thing. 

Is that controversial? 

It is to some people, unfortunately,

Border force on the move today as a Czech player looks to be gettihttps://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-07/australian-open-renata-vorackova-visa-border-force/100745226ng kicked out now. 

Edited by escobri

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, escobri said:

Border force on the move today as a Czech player looks to be gettihttps://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-07/australian-open-renata-vorackova-visa-border-force/100745226ng kicked out now. 

Yep, the nod and a wink has been exposed. Tennis Australia are fecked.

32 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Nothing.

He basically said that everyone knew the score with regards to getting into Australia and Djokovic is being a dick. 

Indeed, nothing disrespectful in stating that Djokovic like every other player knew the entry rules months ago.

Dennis Denuto

I have seen a few Australians saying that their Governments etc should have handled the situation better, but I'm not sure they could.  They got him in on the exemption, all was going to be fine, then the dick tweets from the tarmac as he is about to fly out that he's better than everyone else as he can get an exemption that they can't, look at me I'm not Vaxes but I can get in anyway and ****s the Authorities right over.

It is a situation entirely of his own making and the actual Vax/Unvax and entry rules are almost an irrelevance. He created the situation where it had to be shown everyone was going to be treated equally, when in reality that was not what was going to happen - well now it is.