Novak Djokovic

Muppetboy

6 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Because he is standing up against enforced and unnecessary  medical treatment for the right to earn a living. The fact that he is a millionaire is irrelevant other than the fact that the vast majority couldn't afford to fight like he has.

Read that sentence back to yourself, slowly.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• redjambo

• escobri

• Geoff Kilpatrick

8 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I could maybe front you the 6k on reasonable terms if no lender will take a punt on your bad credit rating. Get you off the couch surfing. I could deduct as a charitable donation for the socially disadvantaged 

Ah, so in your frenzied imagination you're better than me. I get it, we all need a bit of fantasy in our lives.

18 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Is this what the covid thread is like?

Nope not now. 

The covid thread has been cleaned up. 

All the conspiracy theorists have latched on to this one. 

It will be over soon he'll get sent home. 

13 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Because he is standing up against enforced and unnecessary  medical treatment for the right to earn a living. The fact that he is a millionaire is irrelevant other than the fact that the vast majority couldn't afford to fight like he has.

No, he appealed his visa after lying to get it.

21 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Is this what the covid thread is like?

Pretty much.

Full of extremely sad people that get upset when you raise a question or have a different opinion to the MSM approach. 

How dare ye. 

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Same shit, different thread.

Same loons?

I think I'll bug out and wait for the tennis thread to start. TReading this stuff is sapping my intellect.

Adam_the_legend
16 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Primarily airborne but also through contaminated surfaces. At least, that's what the real world science says.

It’s been shown that surface contamination isn’t a risk with covid. Good hand hygiene isn’t a bad thing but it won’t stop you getting covid. 

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

The judge didn't think so...

I suppose the alternative is that he knowingly risked infecting loads of bairns after his positive test. The truth will out, either way the very rich little man's a wonker.

111458.jpg

15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No, he appealed his visa after lying to get it.

Not according to the judge, although the Aussie governemtn still has the power to cancel his visa regardless.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I suppose the alternative is that he knowingly risked infecting loads of bairns after his positive test. The truth will out, either way the very rich little man's a wonker.

111458.jpg

That's a different thing - i don't think many people respect the way Novak has behaved over the last couple of years but if he has followed the rules as they were laid out in front of him then he should be supported.

The shame of this is not that he has the wealth to challenge the law but the fact you need that kind of money to do so. However this is quiote a unique case so i doubt the facts here relate too closely to most people.

I should add, if he lied to get his visa then he is playing russian roulette with his career and legacy and that is very risky because he stands to lose his tennis status (which he cares about), not just his personal status (which he doesn't).

49 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

You know you're on the right side when this clown says this.

Hes a twit 

48 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Is it the millionaire part that is the real issue. Jealous of his talent and success?

Yes he seems to have an issue about wealth and people who have achieved it through hard work and ambition. 

39 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Well said. 

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That's a different thing - i don't think many people respect the way Novak has behaved over the last couple of years but if he has followed the rules as they were laid out in front of him then he should be supported.

The shame of this is not that he has the wealth to challenge the law but the fact you need that kind of money to do so. However this is quiote a unique case so i doubt the facts here relate too closely to most people.

I should add, if he lied to get his visa then he is playing russian roulette with his career and legacy and that is very risky because he stands to lose his tennis status (which he cares about), not just his personal status (which he doesn't).

You're obviously keeping up with this more than me, all paperwork for an exemption had to be in by the 10th, he didn't test positive til the 16th, was that addressed?

Just now, Smithee said:

You're obviously keeping up with this more than me, all paperwork for an exemption had to be in by the 10th, he didn't test positive til the 16th, was that addressed?

I assume so but the truth will out.

Cards on table etc - i like Novak as a player and i want to see him play at the Open. Until i see that he has either lied or bribed his way in then i will tend to back him.

26 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Pretty much.

Full of extremely sad people that get upset when you raise a question or have a different opinion to the MSM approach. 

How dare ye. 

Very true. I rarely post on it now as i just get a pile on from the Sturgeon/ Lockdown zealots. They really cant deal with any criticism of her restrictions/ her  or responses to the pandemic. Its a cabal of like minded zealots who would literally would let Sturgeon kill their first born if she requested it. A cult. 

Ever since Brexit we've nothing but "we need Australian border rules here"

And today it's "Australian border rules are bullying this poor anti-vax "

:gok:

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I assume so but the truth will out.

Cards on table etc - i like Novak as a player and i want to see him play at the Open. Until i see that he has either lied or bribed his way in then i will tend to back him.

Personally I don't really care except that his entitlement rankles and he's an absolute welt. I'll tend to assume he's at it, and acting like an enormous prick.

2 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Can you tell me which STD's you've had?

Brilliant!  Tell em nowt. 

I'm not vaxxed never will be. Never worn a mask and won't.

Don't social distance othe than from mask wearers that could provide a numbing experience.

Don't follow any guidance and can't follow Hearts! 

And keep safe by wiping the public toilet seat with my hanky! 

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Personally I don't really care except that his entitlement rankles and he's an absolute welt. I'll tend to assume he's at it, and acting like an enormous prick.

Most professional athletes at his level are pricks tbh

I think his entitlement is not coming from wealth as such, rather his status as a tennis player and the assumption everyone would want to do everything to ensure the #1 seed was able to play.

Had the rule been: No Vaccination, No Entry, then i doubt he would have tried to travel but there was a loophole there for him.

17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Very true. I rarely post on it now as i just get a pile on from the Sturgeon/ Lockdown zealots. They really cant deal with any criticism of her restrictions/ her  or responses to the pandemic. Its a cabal of like minded zealots who would literally would let Sturgeon kill their first born if she requested it. A cult. 

You must miss the humorous and witty nature of the Sturgeon cults replies.....

9 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Brilliant!  Tell em nowt. 

I'm not vaxxed never will be. Never worn a mask and won't.

Don't social distance othe than from mask wearers that could provide a numbing experience.

Don't follow any guidance and can't follow Hearts! 

And keep safe by wiping the public toilet seat with my hanky! 

I'm amazed I'm still alive after ignoring everything I've been told. Must be a real life miracle! 

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Tbf I almost want 100% vaccination just to see the meltdown and who they go after next when there's still coronavirus and restrictions.

I thought it had already been agreed that you were going to go after the fatties?

2 hours ago, thewiseone said:

Go on yersel Novak, no compliance, no mask , no social distancing, never! . Tell them to ram it and while your at it have a word with our club who climbed into bed at the drop of a hat with the vaccine certificate introduction, shame on Hearts board! 

1 hour ago, thewiseone said:

It's that sort of attitude thats got us here.

Aberdeen took the correct stance with 9999 fans hey and they pumped us, maybe there's a lesson in there! 

I can almost ignore your stupefying celebration of ignorance relative to the pandemic, but you ain't much of a Hearts fan. State of you man, absolutely embarassing. 

19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't think this deadline is much of an issue, as soon as Djokovic had a positive test result its obvious organisers/sponsers/ some fans 😉just wanted him in the tournament and disregarded said deadline. 

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I mean if he was at it a court wouldn’t have found in his favour. Sounds like the Australian Government are the ones that are at it. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I thought it had already been agreed that you were going to go after the fatties?

No, it was agreed I'm not going after anyone and I'm instead in favour of looking inwardly at what one can control themselves to improve their health outcomes before keeching their breeks about what others are doing. 

I'm just confused by people claiming to be worried about other people's health and wellbeing but only viewing it through the singular lense of vaccination status.

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I can almost ignore your stupefying celebration of ignorance relative to the pandemic, but you ain't much of a Hearts fan. State of you man, absolutely embarassing. 

Edited by Taffin

7 minutes ago, escobri said:

I don't think this deadline is much of an issue, as soon as Djokovic had a positive test result its obvious organisers/sponsers/ some fans 😉just wanted him in the tournament and disregarded said deadline. 

Probably correct. The other issue is that he was pictured at a public event the next day whilst presumably being ill. I suppose his explanation might be that he hadn't got the test result back by that point. 

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I'm amazed I'm still alive after ignoring everything I've been told. Must be a real life miracle! 

Yeah me too fella, how can that be! 

Don't tell me you have followed your own guidance. How dare you! 🤔😅 

That would equate to common sense, you are on the wrong thread. Think I'll start one for all no compliance supporters! How would that go down or would it be shut down! 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Probably correct. The other issue is that he was pictured at a public event the next day whilst presumably being ill. I suppose his explanation might be that he hadn't got the test result back by that point. 

Seems strange to take a PCR then go about your normal routine until you get the results? 

4 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Simple facts might clear it up but let's not let that get In the way for now at least 🤣 it actually could finish him if he's messed up.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Seems strange to take a PCR then go about your normal routine until you get the results? 

Yup. If he had reason to believe that he might be infected then he should stay at home. If it was a routine test then carrying on with his normal schedule may have been justified.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don't know what the rules are in Serbia but there's no guidance to isolate here whilst awaiting PCR results unless you've been instructed to isolate or have symptoms. At least I don't think there is but they do change a lot.

42 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes he seems to have an issue about wealth and people who have achieved it through hard work and ambition. 

Or a multi-millionaire with expensive lawyers being described as the little man.

23 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

You must miss the humorous and witty nature of the Sturgeon cults replies.....

Nope. Ill post now and then.  Just to show there are opposing views to theirs .  Their replies are all very similar . Brainwashed really. 

17 minutes ago, Taffin said:

No, it was agreed I'm not going after anyone and I'm instead in favour of looking inwardly at what one can control themselves to improve their health outcomes before keeching their breeks about what others are doing. 

I'm just confused by people claiming to be worried about other people's health and wellbeing but only viewing it through the singular lense of vaccination status.

Good point. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Yup. If he had reason to believe that he might be infected then he should stay at home. If it was a routine test then carrying on with his normal schedule may have been justified.

Yeah it might’ve just been part of the process to get himself over to Australia, as opposed to a positive LFT  or being a close contact so you take a PCR. 

Just now, jack D and coke said:

:lol: 

Hold your fire. he isn't kicked out yet. its deuce . Sorry to disappoint you. 

6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Or a multi-millionaire with expensive lawyers being described as the little man.

Hes a self made millionaire. He didn't inherit it. He came from very humble beginnings and worked hard to get to where he is now. There seems to be a seethe and jealousy about people actually being successful and wealthy. It seems to be an SNP thing  i have noticed. Envy is a terrible sin really. 

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Hold your fire. he isn't kicked out yet. its deuce . Sorry to disappoint you. 

If you read back this thread James you’ll see what I said in the beginning that I believe he’ll get to play and it’s Aussie govt posturing to keep the natives calm after what they’ve had to endure. All bullshit…
I care not whether he plays or not in all honesty. 
The meme was amusing that dicaprio face gets me everytime tbh :lol: 

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Hes a self made millionaire. He didn't inherit it. He came from very humble beginnings and worked hard to get to where he is now. There seems to be a seethe and jealousy about people actually being successful and wealthy. It seems to be an SNP thing  i have noticed. Envy is a terrible sin really. 

You’re utterly ruined with the snp man give it a rest :lol: 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

You’re utterly ruined with the snp man give it a rest :lol: 

Its true though. There is a real correlation I have noticed. Envious to the extreme from them. 

33 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I mean if he was at it a court wouldn’t have found in his favour. Sounds like the Australian Government are the ones that are at it. 

Agreed. The courts never get anything wrong ever.

27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The rules are similar to the rest of the EU. If you have symptoms, you should isolate and await the results of a negative PCR. We obviously don't know if the PCR was due to any symptoms or part of regular testing though.

jack D and coke
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Its true though. There is a real correlation I have noticed. Envious to the extreme from them. 

It’s not James it’s becoming very clear that youre developing a bit of an obsession about it all now. Every second post is snp this or that. Most of it silly and baseless nonsense. You’ve brought the snp into a Novak Djokovic thread now. 
Im not having a dig either btw. 

Actually just watching News item questioning where Novak is just now. Good point. If he's meant to be so much a risk why is he released to wander about then?