9830480C-BDEA-46E8-93C9-343FB80DE94A.gif

Jambo 4 Ever
48 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes that seems the case 

Awe that’s rather harsh . 

Sounds like he was being a twit 

He is a twit 

On 05/01/2022 at 14:13, ri Alban said:

Only one with the problem is him. Taking a vaccine is less hassle than testing. He's just being a pain in the arse. 

And he'd be first in the queue, if it was PEDs he was injecting. 

The good thing is, he's old and no ***** will give a feck what he does anymore, except his fellow Lego munchers

Keep meaning to ask, what is a Lego muncher?

if almost everyone in australia has had the vaccine and are protected, why are they scared of someone who hasn't been vaccinated.

15 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

if almost everyone in australia has had the vaccine and are protected, why are they scared of someone who hasn't been vaccinated.

Maybe just to humiliate the anti vax prick 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

whats the point in him taking the vaccine if he can still get it?

19 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

They aren't scared of him. They're just not making any exceptions for him.

Just now, Gordon Zola said:

whats the point in him taking the vaccine if he can still get it?

So he can play in the Australian Open for one...

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

They aren't scared of him. They're just not making any exceptions for him.

Edited by Gordon Zola

why are they making an exception of him?

They aren't. He's facing the same rules as everyone else trying to enter Australia.

Just now, Ray Gin said:

They aren't. He's facing the same rules as everyone else trying to enter Australia.

why are there these rules? if the vaccine works then what threat is he to anyone who has had the vaccine?

Why is he being allowed to stay in a Hotwl in Melbourne whilst his Visa is or isn't granted. If that was any of us surely we would have been put on the next flight home.

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

i typed that post wrong

14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

'anti vaxxer'

if i was trying to cut a piece of paper and someone gave me a pair of scissors that didn't cut the paper and i threw the scissors away, would that make me 'anti scissors'?

Edited by Gordon Zola

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Why is he being allowed to stay in a Hotwl in Melbourne whilst his Visa is or isn't granted. If that was any of us surely we would have been put on the next flight home.

I think it’s because he’s appealed otherwise he would have been on the first flight home his parents are slavering twats saying he’s been held prisoner what a crock of crap he could have been home his choice to argue the toss hope he gets booed at every tournament he plays

JudyJudyJudy
25 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

They have been brainwashed and have stockholm syndrome. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
28 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

why are there these rules? if the vaccine works then what threat is he to anyone who has had the vaccine?

These rules exist because the Federal Government put them in place. Just to add some context - when we applied for our visas years ago to live and work in Australia we had to get full medicals including chest X-rays to check for TB. He wants to work in Australia and therefore has to meet the conditions to get in.

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

These rules exist because the Federal Government put them in place. Just to add some context - when we applied for our visas years ago to live and work in Australia we had to get full medicals including chest X-rays to check for TB. He wants to work in Australia and therefore has to meet the conditions to get in.

but if he is a threat to the vaccinated, it shows the vaccines don't work. so why are these rules even in place?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Gordon Zola said:

but if he is a threat to the vaccinated, it shows the vaccines don't work. so why are these rules even in place?

It's nothing to do with being a threat. Unvaccinated people in Victoria aren't allowed in gyms, restaurants and other leisure events, such as attending the tennis. That equally applies to players.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It's nothing to do with being a threat. Unvaccinated people in Victoria aren't allowed in gyms, restaurants and other leisure events, such as attending the tennis. That equally applies to players.

but what is wrong with being unvaccinated?

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

but what is wrong with being unvaccinated?

Nothing, if that's what you choose to do. Equally, why should unvaccinated people have the same rights?

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Nothing, if that's what you choose to do. Equally, why should unvaccinated people have the same rights?

why should the rights be different for vaccinated and unvaccinated?

It really isn’t difficult to understand unless you don’t want to. Nobody has ever claimed the vaccine is 100% effective but it does cut the chances of infection hugely and the chance of serious effects also. Someone who is unvaccinated can still carry it and affect others. 

Vaccines reduce the risk of contracting the target disease. They do not eliminate it. Additionally, some people, such as those that are immunocompromised and people under the age at which the vaccines are given cannot take the vaccine. These people are protected when everyone that can be vaccinated is vaccinated. They are not protected when idiots like Djokovic think they know better than doctors and scientists and reject the vaccine.

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

why should the rights be different for vaccinated and unvaccinated?

Why? Because unvaccinated people, should they contract the virus, are much more likely to cause an impact on health systems. Therefore, governments can discriminate against them, similar to the way excise duties are applied to alcohol and tobacco.

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

It really isn’t difficult to understand unless you don’t want to. Nobody has ever claimed the vaccine is 100% effective but it does cut the chances of infection hugely and the chance of serious effects also. Someone who is unvaccinated can still carry it and affect others. 

You've hit the nail on the head in your first sentance.

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

so whats the big deal with the vaccine then, if you can still get it? surely its down to personal choice if the person wants to get ill or not. its not that they are a threat to the vaccinated

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Why? Because unvaccinated people, should they contract the virus, are much more likely to cause an impact on health systems. Therefore, governments can discriminate against them, similar to the way excise duties are applied to alcohol and tobacco.

so its about health systems? so because health systems are underfunded, peoples freedoms are being curtailed?

7 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Vaccines reduce the risk of contracting the target disease. They do not eliminate it. Additionally, some people, such as those that are immunocompromised and people under the age at which the vaccines are given cannot take the vaccine. These people are protected when everyone that can be vaccinated is vaccinated. They are not protected when idiots like Djokovic think they know better than doctors and scientists and reject the vaccine.

when i got my jags to go to mexico i never once that anyone who hadnt had a jag was a threat to me. i take it this works (or doesnt work) differently

Geoff Kilpatrick

so whats the big deal with the vaccine then, if you can still get it? surely its down to personal choice if the person wants to get ill or not. its not that they are a threat to the vaccinated

I'm getting my booster this morning. I fully expect to catch Covid in the next few weeks afterwards. I'd rather train my immune system as much as possible for a potential infection and then catch it to drive my own immunity. The key point is that unless I'm extremely unlucky, I won't need a hospital bed and treatment.

My wife is a nurse manager. One of her colleagues has been seconded to run one of the Covid wards here. When you learn, consistently, that 99.9% of those on ventilators are unvaxxed, you take that real life evidence into account.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

so its about health systems? so because health systems are underfunded, peoples freedoms are being curtailed?

Do you think that simply spending more money on health would solve the problem overnight?

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm getting my booster this morning. I fully expect to catch Covid in the next few weeks afterwards. I'd rather train my immune system as much as possible for a potential infection and then catch it to drive my own immunity. The key point is that unless I'm extremely unlucky, I won't need a hospital bed and treatment.

My wife is a nurse manager. One of her colleagues has been seconded to run one of the Covid wards here. When you learn, consistently, that 99.9% of those on ventilators are unvaxxed, you take that real life evidence into account.

99.9%? still a personal choice though

I think you’re just being obtuse here. My mother is 90 with emphysema as an example so even a mild case could be very dangerous to her. I know people with health conditions that make them vulnerable also. So that unvaccinated person might not care if the get it but anyone with a shred of decency or intelligence would surely want to lessen the chance they may infect someone. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

when i got my jags to go to mexico i never once that anyone who hadnt had a jag was a threat to me. i take it this works (or doesnt work) differently

So you got jags to go to a foreign country. Same applies to Djokovic.