• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• redjambo

• escobri

• Geoff Kilpatrick

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Do you think that simply spending more money on health would solve the problem overnight?

no, but i don't think successive government inadequacies/underfunding should dictate a persons freedoms. has every healthcare system in every country in the world been underfunded then? if so, then why are we still listening to these people?

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Sorry, you'll need to explain that one.

if a person gets sick from not taking the vaccine, thats their choice?

Edited by Gordon Zola

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I think you’re just being obtuse here. My mother is 90 with emphysema as an example so even a mild case could be very dangerous to her. I know people with health conditions that make them vulnerable also. So that unvaccinated person might not care if the get it but anyone with a shred of decency or intelligence would surely want to lessen the chance they may infect someone. 

but she could get it from a vaccinated person also.......

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Gordon Zola said:

if a person gets sick from not taking the vaccine, thats their choice?

Of course. Have they been denied treatment?

Just now, Gordon Zola said:

But less chance of that. Do percentages confuse you in the rest of life as well? 

Hackney Hearts

But far far less likely. Do you understand how percentages work?

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So you got jags to go to a foreign country. Same applies to Djokovic.

i'm not sure if i would have been banned from going to mexico if i hadnt got my jag? it was a while ago. i think it was my choice. doesn't seem to be a choice with the covid vaccine though

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

no, but i don't think successive government inadequacies/underfunding should dictate a persons freedoms. has every healthcare system in every country in the world been underfunded then? if so, then why are we still listening to these people?

Which governments had spent money planning for a contagious, respiratory virus that was unknown till the end of 2019 precisely?

I'm glad you support extra taxes being applied for contingencies that might never happen. What else should governments spend extra taxes on. Nuclear shelters for all?

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

But less chance of that. Do percentages confuse you in the rest of life as well? 

just ignore him, he tried the same tactics on the covid thread back iirc in november 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

how much less?

5 minutes ago, Cade said:

His old man is a complete ringpiece tae.

Yup.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/tennis/1545927/Novak-Djokovic-family-press-conference-Belgrade-Serbia-Australian-Open-visa

But father Srdjan Djokovic was clearly emotional in the press conference has likened his son's treatment by Australian authorities to Jesus' crucifixion.

"Jesus was crucified and everything was done to him, and he endured, he is still alive among us," he said.

"They are trying to crucify Novak in the same way, to underestimate him, to throw him to his knees, to do everything to him.

"My late grandmother Sara Jaukovic from Savnik always said 'shame on you, girl, when you don't have a face'.

"Well, I'm telling them now, shame on you when you don't have a cheek. To do the best athlete, tennis player in the world."

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

just ignore him, he tried the same tactics on the covid thread back iirc in november 

Probably the best option.

Let's get back to laughing at Djokovic being hopefully kicked out of Oz.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Which governments had spent money planning for a contagious, respiratory virus that was unknown till the end of 2019 precisely?

I'm glad you support extra taxes being applied for contingencies that might never happen. What else should governments spend extra taxes on. Nuclear shelters for all?

encouraging healthy lifestyles for the past god knows how many years would have been good. anyone know how many people die from cancer, heart disease each year (through lifestyle choices). society is generally unhealthy/sick, but hey lets cut corners and take a shot because i cant be bothered looking after myself and have a go at the people who have looked after themselves over the years, built a healthy immune system and haven't been in hospital for years (due to anything to do with their lifestyle). this hospital stuff is being used to take away people who have lived a healthy lifestyles freedoms. lets protect the vulnerable though, i agree with that. tyhe governments didnt though when everyone was dying in the carehomes.

18 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm getting my booster this morning. I fully expect to catch Covid in the next few weeks afterwards. I'd rather train my immune system as much as possible for a potential infection and then catch it to drive my own immunity. The key point is that unless I'm extremely unlucky, I won't need a hospital bed and treatment.

My wife is a nurse manager. One of her colleagues has been seconded to run one of the Covid wards here. When you learn, consistently, that 99.9% of those on ventilators are unvaxxed, you take that real life evidence into account.

So you've had your booster and now expect to catch covid very shortly,  hope your not in sales 🤣

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

any links?

A link. Did you actually read my post? From talking to my wife who is regularly talking to one of her colleagues working on a Covid ward.

Now you can choose to not believe that if you wish. It's amazing how much choice you have in life but, as a qualified statistician, I like when real-life empirical evidence corroborates with evidence and studies that I've read.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, escobri said:

So you've had your booster and now expect to catch covid very shortly,  hope your not in sales 🤣

Yes I do. I actually want to catch it. This is because I know the vaccine doesn't produce sterilising immunity, just like the flu vaccine. It's called playing the odds.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

A link. Did you actually read my post? From talking to my wife who is regularly talking to one of her colleagues working on a Covid ward.

Now you can choose to not believe that if you wish. It's amazing how much choice you have in life but, as a qualified statistician, I like when real-life empirical evidence corroborates with evidence and studies that I've read.

so just to confirm, you are saying that 99.9% of people in hospitals are unvaxxed? that cant be that many people considering most of the population has been vaxxed. how small are these hospitals?

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yes I do. I actually want to catch it. This is because I know the vaccine doesn't produce sterilising immunity, just like the flu vaccine. It's called playing the odds.

did you fear the flu every year?

Geoff Kilpatrick

so just to confirm, you are saying that 99.9% of people in hospitals are unvaxxed? that cant be that many people considering most of the population has been vaxxed. how small are these hospitals?

No. I said 99.9% of people ON VENTILATORS in that particular ward were unvaxxed.

JudyJudyJudy
27 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

when i got my jags to go to mexico i never once that anyone who hadnt had a jag was a threat to me. i take it this works (or doesnt work) differently

I haven’t the slightest interest in who has been vaccinated or not . It’s none of my business . 

best in the land

If a country had rules you have to follow them if you want to go there. 

Zero sympathy for this privileged entitled arsehole.

Hopefully booted out. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

No. I don't fear Covid either. When I played rugby at school I wore a mouth guard, not because I feared my teeth would be knocked out but I reduced my risk of that happening. If I was scared I wouldn't have played.

No. I said 99.9% of people ON VENTILATORS in that particular ward were unvaxxed.

hell mend them

4 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

You’ve said you took jags to get into mexico, why did you do that but don’t think Djokovic should to get into Aus? 

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No. I don't fear Covid either. When I played rugby at school I wore a mouth guard, not because I feared my teeth would be knocked out but I reduced my risk of that happening. If I was scared I wouldn't have played.

just like i wore shinpads playing football. i wasnt banned from playing if i didnt wear them though, it was my own personal choice and if i broke my leg it would be down to the decision that i made

Edited by Gordon Zola

6 minutes ago, best in the land said:

If a country had rules you have to follow them if you want to go there. 

Zero sympathy for this privileged entitled arsehole.

Hopefully booted out. 

its more about the rules than him going. very totalitarian

just like i wore shinpads playing football. i wasnt banned from playing if i didnt wear them though, it was my own personal choice and if i broke my leg it would be down to my own choice

And now you are banned from playing  without them in professional football. 

I P Knightley

Here we were on the home stretch starting to enjoy pictures of bottoms and everything and along game Gordon Feckin' Zola the buzzkill. Feck me!

What was it that Jilted John sang?

Geoff Kilpatrick

just like i wore shinpads playing football. i wasnt banned from playing if i didnt wear them though, it was my own personal choice and if i broke my leg it would be down to my own choice

Indeed. However, certain sports now insist protective equipment is worn, such as helmets in cricket. A helmet didn't save Phil Hughes, for example, but helmets have stopped a lot of head injuries in cricket.

3 minutes ago, Shanks said:

You’ve said you took jags to get into mexico, why did you do that but don’t think Djokovic should to get into Aus? 

i probably feared catching what i was being vaccinated against, i dont think djokovic fears covid, nor do i

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

And now you are banned from playing  without them in professional football. 

but not barred from life?

i probably feared catching what i was being vaccinated against, i dont think djokovic fears covid, nor do i

What were you vaccinated against to get into mexico? 

Indeed. However, certain sports now insist protective equipment is worn, such as helmets in cricket. A helmet didn't save Phil Hughes, for example, but helmets have stopped a lot of head injuries in cricket.

fair enough, but its on a different level. it would be my choice then if i wanted to play football. dont really have a choice if i need to enter a shop to buy food to feed my family. do you think i should be excluded from life for not taking the vaccine?

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

fair enough, but its on a different level. it would be my choice then if i wanted to play football. dont really have a choice if i need to enter a shop to buy food to feed my family. do you think i should be excluded from life for not taking the vaccine?

No one is stopped from the necessities of life.

Going to sport, the gym, restaurants etc. aren't necessities.

I P Knightley
10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Have you got anything to hand that might illustrate the effect of being hit on the head by a cricket ball? :innocent:

8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No one is stopped from the necessities of life.

Going to sport, the gym, restaurants etc. aren't necessities.

its coming