Novak Djokovic

Muppetboy

5 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Nah, they'll just kick him out the country. I wonder though,  does being deported prevent you from getting a work visa ever again?

Has he played his last Australian  Open?

If someone has answered this below then my apologies. However I read last night that a common Australian Border Force reaction to an incorrect visa such as this is a 3 year ban on entry. I suspect that this won't be applied to Novak.

Also, a note that it appears that his entry or expulsion will be decided in court on Monday, and presumably he will be kept at the detention hotel until then.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• redjambo

• escobri

• Geoff Kilpatrick

41 minutes ago, escobri said:

Fans now being kicked out for having Djokovic signs, he'll be up there with Hitler soon.

Link please.

JudyJudyJudy
47 minutes ago, escobri said:

Fans now being kicked out for having Djokovic signs, he'll be up there with Hitler soon.

9 minutes ago, escobri said:

So what is “ inappropriate “ about having Novak signs ? He didn’t answer it . Unfortunately as we have seen all through the pandemic little Hitlers thinking they know it all . I most write about my experience last week with a little Hitler but haven’t got time just now 😂

JudyJudyJudy
29 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Ah, that's where you are James, I wondered where you had been hiding. 

2105B7CD-F1FF-42AA-BD80-A305970006C7.gif

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The ABF are now retrospectively investigating one other player and an official for the same "exemption".

Translation: If Djiokovic had shut his mouth he would have been given a nod and a wink to be let in. Since he caused such an outcry, he made himself a cause celebre.

The situation in a nutshell. Of course the fact that Novak turned up with an incorrect visa made the Border Force's decision easy.

Edited by redjambo

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The situation in a nutshell. Of course the fact that Novak turned up with an incorrect visa made the Border Force's decision easy.

The question of whether he would be allowed in has gone on for ages, in or out it was always gonna make big news, arguably bigger than the tournament itself. 

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/border-force-investigating-other-australian-open-players-after-djokovic-ban-20220106-p59md5.html?

Three sources familiar with Djokovic’s paperwork on arrival, speaking anonymously to detail confidential documentation, said evidence to support the player’s exemption was “minimal” and was only supported by one doctor. They said it was far less substantive than that of the other player and official who entered the country with the same vaccine exemption.

The other player and the official had more than one doctor supporting their claims of prior COVID infection, while one source said most of Djokovic’s paperwork was on a Tennis Australia letterhead. When border officials asked him and the Victorian government to supply more documentation, none was produced.

“It was totally insufficient and he couldn’t produce anything new. What else were we meant to do in the situation?” one senior Commonwealth source said.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, escobri said:

The question of whether he would be allowed in has gone on for ages, in or out it was always gonna make big news, arguably bigger than the tournament itself. 

It’s the crappest grand slam of them all . Players barely played there in the 1960s hence Margaret Court winning so many and having 24 slam titles which is still the record 

Dennis Denuto
5 minutes ago, escobri said:

And if he hadn't gone on twitter to boast of an exemption everyone could have just thought he was Vaccinated, but the smart arse entitled wee shite had to go on and boast how he got an exemption that ordinary people were unable to. All his fault IMO.

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

So what is “ inappropriate “ about having Novak signs ? He didn’t answer it . Unfortunately as we have seen all through the pandemic little Hitlers thinking they know it all . I most write about my experience last week with a little Hitler but haven’t got time just now 😂

Unfortunately as we have seen all through the pandemic, entitled little w@nkers thinking they know it all.

How thick do you have to be to think they'll allow you to sit and take the piss out of them at their private event by waving a Djokovic sign? In front of the watching world?

They have the right to refuse entry, and those guys have the right to sit and watch, or **** off.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

And if he hadn't gone on twitter to boast of an exemption everyone could have just thought he was Vaccinated, but the smart arse entitled wee shite had to go on and boast how he got an exemption that ordinary people were unable to. All his fault IMO.

100%

3 minutes ago, AWM said:

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/border-force-investigating-other-australian-open-players-after-djokovic-ban-20220106-p59md5.html?

Three sources familiar with Djokovic’s paperwork on arrival, speaking anonymously to detail confidential documentation, said evidence to support the player’s exemption was “minimal” and was only supported by one doctor. They said it was far less substantive than that of the other player and official who entered the country with the same vaccine exemption.

The other player and the official had more than one doctor supporting their claims of prior COVID infection, while one source said most of Djokovic’s paperwork was on a Tennis Australia letterhead. When border officials asked him and the Victorian government to supply more documentation, none was produced.

“It was totally insufficient and he couldn’t produce anything new. What else were we meant to do in the situation?” one senior Commonwealth source said.

Possibly signed by Dr. Anti Vax.

6 minutes ago, escobri said:

Yes, but it was only very recently that the tournament granted him and a handful of others exemptions, after previously stating that full vaccinations would be obligatory for competitors and officials. If he had quietly accepted his new-found exemption, not mentioned it at all in the media, and slipped into the country then he wouldn't be where he is now. He would still have had the incorrect visa, of course, but the Victorian government would have no doubt quietly given the nod to Border Force when requested. Of course, there would have been a shit-show in the media once he had arrived, but he would have been in and thus more difficult to chuck out. From a purely neutral standpoint, it was an ill-conceived decision of his to bring attention to himself before he had been granted entry as it gave those who disagree with the exemption decision an opportunity to create a stir and therefore put the eventual decision of the Border Force in the spotlight, meaning that the latter had to be seen to apply the rules properly.

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Unfortunately as we have seen all through the pandemic, entitled little w@nkers thinking they know it all.

How thick do you have to be to think they'll allow you to sit and take the piss out of them at their private event by waving a Djokovic sign? In front of the watching world?

They have the right to refuse entry, and those guys have the right to sit and watch, or **** off.

Why are they taking the “ piss out of them “ it’s the border control they have an issue with not the tournament 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Report of the court hearing

It’s all rather ludicrous really . Has he covid ? No . So what’s the issue . Quarantine for the required amount of days then free . ( just like the could have done with other citizens ) 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s all rather ludicrous really . Has he covid ? No . So what’s the issue . Quarantine for the required amount of days then free . ( just like the could have done with other citizens ) 

He sent a tweet! 🤣

35 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

All ears 👍

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm surprised at the poster you replied to taking such a dickish attitude.😏 

I agree entirely with your sensible reply to him. 

Why should celebrities and sport stars get special treatment ? 

Why are they taking the “ piss out of them “ it’s the border control they have an issue with not the tournament 

I think that the organisers of the Melbourne Summer Set, the event going on in the Rod Laver Arena at the moment, probably want the focus to be on the tennis and not on the Novak situation, which is understandable. However, in saying that, I would be miffed if I weren't allowed in with my "Novak is a tosser" placard and I personally think it may well be heavy-handed of them in this case. There will always be policing of placards and signs, with the filtering out of obscenities or extreme political comments, for example, and it would be the same at Tynie, but the rules have to be very clear-cut and fairly applied. We don't know more about why exactly they refused the sign in this case.

In saying that, to make the leap from the refusal of one sign in one venue to Novak being treated like Hitler, as some poster did above, is of course stupid, but indicative of the leaps people make these days in order to support their views.

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I think that the organisers of the Melbourne Summer Set, the event going on in the Rod Laver Arena at the moment, probably want the focus to be on the tennis and not on the Novak situation, which is understandable. However, in saying that, I would be miffed if I weren't allowed in with my "Novak is a tosser" placard and I personally think it may well be heavy-handed of them in this case. There will always be policing of placards and signs, with the filtering out of obscenities or extreme political comments, for example, and it would be the same at Tynie, but the rules have to be very clear-cut and fairly applied. We don't know more about why exactly they refused the sign in this case.

In saying that, to make the leap from the refusal of one sign in one venue to Novak being treated like Hitler, as some poster did above, is of course stupid, but indicative of the leaps people make these days in order to support their views.

One of the signs refers to NoVax instead of Novak. 

Clearly making an anti-Vax political statement. 

4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

One of the signs refers to NoVax instead of Novak. 

Clearly making an anti-Vax political statement. 

If someone held up a sign like that, and I were the organisers, I would probably ask them not to display it too, mostly for their own benefit and protection. Feelings are understandably high on the subject at the moment and the expression of such selfish sentiments given how much folk have sacrificed could well lead to a pagger.

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, redjambo said:

👍

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

If someone held up a sign like that, and I were the organisers, I would probably ask them not to display it too, mostly for their own benefit and protection. Feelings are understandably high on the subject at the moment and the expression of such selfish sentiments given how much folk have sacrificed could well lead to a pagger.

:illogical:

15 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Said comment was made partly in Jest with the fury he is causing in general and not just because 1 sign was removed. 

3 minutes ago, escobri said:

Said comment was made partly in Jest with the fury he is causing in general and not just because 1 sign was removed. 

:thumb:

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I believe he would have missed the start of the tournament if he went down the quarantine route.

Jambo 4 Ever

Anyone refusing to get a vaccine should have to face consequences

hopefully he won’t be allowed in any country to play tennis again 

Dennis Denuto
11 minutes ago, jvm32 said:

I believe he would have missed the start of the tournament if he went down the quarantine route.

And wouldn't be allowed to play in the tournament or even on the grounds if unvaccinated or not medically exempt.

Jambo 4 Ever
2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

No

he knew the rules in advance and failed to follow them

https://news.paddypower.com/tennis/2022/01/06/novak-djokovic-australian-visa-aussie-open-tennis/

There’s been a further twist in the Novak Djokovic deportation saga with the Australian government offering the world’s number one tennis player a working visa in exchange for three months hard labour on a Victoria state farm.

Djokovic had his visa to enter Australia revoked on his arrival in Melbourne airport after refusing to wear a face-covering in WH Smiths.

The 34-year-old was then taken to a government detention hotel and was originally expected to be deported on Monday.

However, in a dramatic turn of events, Aussie officials have now offered the Serbian a three-month working visa – if he’s willing to spend 15-hours per day picking fruit on a Victoria farm.

“The big Sheila has two options: He can fill boxes with fruit, or he can p*ss off back to where he came from,” Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison told Paddy Power News.

😆

I P Knightley
34 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Here's mine. 😊

Tennis Girl, Martin Elliot Poster - Buy Online

A much needed post; Thanks Danny.

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

No

Spot on.

As Rafa has said; they all knew the requirements for the tournament some months ago. Plenty of time to get yourself jagged a couple of times or, if you have an objection, to challenge the organisers quietly behind the scenes.

Just now, I P Knightley said:

Spot on.

As Rafa has said; they all knew the requirements for the tournament some months ago. Plenty of time to get yourself jagged a couple of times or, if you have an objection, to challenge the organisers quietly behind the scenes.

You don't even need to get jagged a couple of times if you go down the Johnson and Johnson route.

2 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Any opportunity for a bit of gratuitous nonsense 😉

JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, jvm32 said:

Yes that seems the case 

12 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Anyone refusing to get a vaccine should have to face consequences

hopefully he won’t be allowed in any country to play tennis again 

Awe that’s rather harsh . 

11 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

No

Sounds like he was being a twit 

Just now, whodanny said:

Any opportunity for a bit of gratuitous nonsense 😉

Was the staple of student dorms in the late 1970s. :)

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, whodanny said:

Eeeeww ! He's lost that thumb !

Lol well if others can post pics of hot  buns I’m sure gonna ! 

5CB21A3E-1CA3-4349-9644-14630648C091.webp

:rofl:  Always pleasing to see a rich stuck up arsehole that thinks hes above the rules get a bloody nose.

No one is forcing him to get the vaccine and he has to live with the consequences of his decision (same with people that have been vaxxed) 

Just now, redjambo said:

Was the staple of student dorms in the late 1970s. :)

I seem to remember it was in the boys prefect room at our High school for a while, until some "outraged" teacher spotted it. 😄

Just now, whodanny said:

I seem to remember it was in the boys prefect room at our High school for a while, until some "outraged" teacher spotted it. 😄

And confiscated it for his bedroom wall no doubt. ;)

Lol well if others can post pics of hot  buns I’m sure gonna ! 

5CB21A3E-1CA3-4349-9644-14630648C091.webp

You got a collection of these James ? 😄