Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I left a job once and nobody booed. It wasn’t a job that had thousands of spectators watching me every week who have pumped millions into the club but nobody booed. 

...did you spend half your time with them off sick? Booooo! 🤪

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, Lone Striker said:

What about all your other jobs though ?   Probably couldn't hear yourself think for the wall of booing .....  :gok:

😂 got sacked from most of the others. More cheering going on than booing. Enjoyed the nightlife a bit too much as a young man 🥳

10 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

it is laughable. The difference being two years of uselessness whilst still being paid handsomely & family looked after.

The plebs in the real world's feet wouldn't touch the ground.

Statutory sick pay not exist in the real world?

Side note: Don't we take out insurance for players that covers wages to some extent when they get injured?

I'm sure serious injuries are insured.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Some on here will still be cheering for him when he plays for them tbf. 

Yeah they’ve really outed themselves. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah they’ve really outed themselves. 

Assume this is sarcasm..

l don’t see any Hearts fans happy with one our top players leaving to go to play for The Rangers… 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

What is it in Souttar's behaviour that has not been done with "class"? 

And if "classy behaviour" is so admirable, where does fans booing a Hearts player rank on that gauge?

From what I can see of the situation, Souttar has secured the best contract he has been offered, while one of the factors leading to his decision was having a seriously ill relative who he didn't want to leave behind. 

Flashing his knickers at English clubs when he allegedly had no intention of going there? 
Believing that it would be business as usual after signing for these horrible *****, he’s treated us with the disdain that make folk believe we are beneath the uglies and should be happy to supply with good players. 
As for booing Hearts players for whatever reason if they deserve it I’ve no problem with it. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

40 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’ve said before, I don’t think Rangers will care if he’s cup tied or not.  People on here are making far too much of that.  However, they may manage to move Goldson on this month and with another couple of injury prone centre backs they might decide they need JS now for their title challenge and European games.  If not, then he’s here until summer.,

I don't think they have the money to pay us. Until a January move is dead in the water, he'll play for us. After that? I'm not so sure. Interesting next couple of weeks. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jambomjm74 said:

Assume this is sarcasm..

l don’t see any Hearts fans happy with one our top players leaving to go to play for The Rangers… 

Didn’t say that, if he had signed for Celtic they would’ve been more annoyed. 

44 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

This.  A marker was put down last night.  Zero booing last night would have shown our fan base up as being soft as sh1te.  Wont be booing Souttar again.  I just hope he is away by the end of the month.

The booing last night showed we have a lot of idiots in our support in my view.  I bet the IQ of the booers is well below the average person in the street.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, iainmac said:

I remember the whole stadium booing a Hearts player coming off the bench as he waited to get on the pitch! 

John Craig! 

Don’t remember him. Happened to Sean Clare more recently. Roberts would’ve got it if he had played in front of Hearts fans also. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, DaveyT said:

The booing last night showed we have a lot of idiots in our support in my view.  I bet the IQ of the booers is well below the average person in the street.

It was mostly section N, although I did boo him before and after. I might be an idiot but I would put my IQ against anyone on here. 

Hope all the snowflakes have recovered from last night 

were you offended at souttar's presence in the team ?

how is booing your own player going to help the team, some people know nothing about football 

3 minutes ago, DaveyT said:

They’re football fans not applying for MENSA, get over yourself. 

Fozzyonthefence
21 minutes ago, JyTees said:

There's zero comparison. Zero.

Take your rage and emotion out of it, just for a second.  Whether you like it or not, footballers are employees like you or I and they have a duty of care to themselves and their families.  Just because they have fans who scrutinise their every move doesn’t mean they don’t have the same life decisions to make that we do, although I don’t know about you, but I’m never in the position to consider 6 figure pay rises. 

Pasquale for King
On 17/01/2022 at 23:38, Smithee said:

PCAs can be as detailed or as vague as they like. His could include specific figures and contract length, but it's not necessarily the case, someone posted info about them recently.

That’s interesting, would be a shame if that happened to him. Can’t say I remember any player having a PCA cancelled or a normal contract for that matter because of an injury, as the insurance covers it. 

6 minutes ago, DaveyT said:

With quotes like this I'd fancy my chances against your IQ. 😂

3 minutes ago, ewaugh03 said:

Hope all the snowflakes have recovered from last night 

were you offended at souttar's presence in the team ?

how is booing your own player going to help the team, some people know nothing about football 

11 years to break your silence. Don’t agree with you but welcome to the board. 

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, pablo said:

I don't think they have the money to pay us. Until a January move is dead in the water, he'll play for us. After that? I'm not so sure. Interesting next couple of weeks. 

It might depend if the Paterson transfer fee was paid up front by Everton.  There would be a bit loose change left over after they take the £10m out that they needed to keep the lights on at Greyskull. 

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Isn’t that a decision for us fans to make - whether to support the whole team or not?  I don’t want to see Neilson drop him from the squad - that would just show that he is giving in to the boo boys and a weak manager.  He did the right thing not subbing him last night. 

The boo boys….

:facepalm: 

Fans are pissed off and hurt John is leaving. Those same fans would have been celebrating if he had signed a new contract. Folk like you seemed delighted he’s joining Rangers. It’s weird. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If you think that was a quote then I don’t fancy your chances much. 

I'm sure he spoke it as he typed it.

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s not a laughable comparison at all.  Footballers are just human beings, like us, with families to look after, mortgages to pay and retirements to fund.  If they’re not Hearts fans (which most of them aren’t) it’s just another job to them. 

You should maybe tell Cammy Devlin that, all that going around clapping every stand before being last man off having run himself into the ground. I could name hundreds of others that poke holes in you paltry argument. Just another job indeed. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

11 years to break your silence. Don’t agree with you but welcome to the board. 

thanks brother i'v been a busy guy, good to be here 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Des Lynam said:

The boo boys….

Fans are pissed off and hurt John is leaving. Those same fans would have been celebrating if he had signed a new contract. Folk like you seemed delighted he’s joining Rangers. It’s weird. 

Far more clapping him than booing, yet they don’t linke being called Happy Clappers 😱🤷🏾‍♂️🤔🤦🏽😆

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

The boo boys….

I’m delighted he’s joining Rangers, course I am. 🤣

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’m delighted he’s joining Rangers, course I am. 🤣

It’s just a job to these guys so calm down and stop doing the bouncy. 

😉

24 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Assume this is sarcasm..

He was applauded for it by some last night.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You should maybe tell Cammy Devlin that, all that going around clapping every stand before being last man off having run himself into the ground. I could name hundreds of others that poke holes in you paltry argument. Just another job indeed. 

For every Cammy Devlin I’m sure you canfind dozens that are just in it for the money and have no affiliation to the club they play for.  Like Ronaldo for example, wants to leave because he’s not prepared to scrap it out for 6 or 7th place.  It’s all about him, doesn’t care about Man U or the fans.

13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Take your rage and emotion out of it, just for a second.  Whether you like it or not, footballers are employees like you or I and they have a duty of care to themselves and their families.  Just because they have fans who scrutinise their every move doesn’t mean they don’t have the same life decisions to make that we do, although I don’t know about you, but I’m never in the position to consider 6 figure pay rises. 

If you take the emotion out of it then all we’re all doing is cheering on 11 guys trying to put the ball in the net. A totally bizarre thing to do without emotion. Football supporting is all about emotion and yes everyone understands the majority would have moved to earn more money but that still doesn’t make the move more palatable. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It’s just a job to these guys so calm down and stop doing the bouncy. 

😉

I’m perfectly calm, unlike the boo boys last night. 

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Des Lynam said:

If you take the emotion out of it then all we’re all doing is cheering on 11 guys trying to put the ball in the net. A totally bizarre thing to do without emotion. Football supporting is all about emotion and yes everyone understands the majority would have moved to earn more money but that still doesn’t make the move more palatable. 

I’m not sure anyone is saying it is palatable are they?

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I wouldn’t.

Why the edit? 🤔

I'd also fancy my chances against anyone who thinks comparing John Souttar's transfer to Rangers, with Joe Bloggs transfer from Kwik Fit to Farmers as a reasonable analogy.

Off the scale.

29 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I'm not bothered about the situation at hand but just wanted to point out that SSP is awful and is just under 100 quid a week and it's only paid for up to 28 (or so) weeks - so you're kinda proving yourself wrong in the context of the person you're replying too...

Either way, whenever I see SSP I'm obligated to point out the sorry state it's in, carry on lol

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Why the edit? 🤔

I'd also fancy my chances against anyone who thinks comparing John Souttar's transfer to Rangers, with Joe Bloggs transfer from Kwik Fit to Farmers as a reasonable analogy.

Off the scale.

I’d fancy my chances against someone who doesn’t understand what a quote is. 😁

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’d fancy my chances against someone who doesn’t understand what a quote is. 😁

You haven't explained the edit.

I'm fully aware of what a quote is.

Are you deflecting?

Walter Bishop

Plenty of people in N last night shouting down those booing Souttar, Why?

Regardless of money, career progress etc the guy had no intention of going anywhere other than Rangers, this was clear with Ross Wilson`s comments after the signing was announced. He could have gone somewhere else, a higher level,  and got the club a fee in return for their loyalty to him. He chose not to by going to Rangers who clearly have no intention of giving us any money.  

Fozzyonthefence
42 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Side note: Don't we take out insurance for players that covers wages to some extent when they get injured?

I'm sure serious injuries are insured.

Decent employers will pay a lot more than statutory sick pay but don’t spoil it for the boo boys.

And yes, good employers will also have medical insurance for their employees.

5 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Regardless of money, career progress etc the guy had no intention of going anywhere other than Rangers, this was clear with Ross Wilson`s comments after the signing was announced. He could have gone somewhere else, a higher level,  and got the club a fee in return for their loyalty to him. He chose not to by going to Rangers who clearly have no intention of giving us any money.  

People have some short memories when it comes to Rangers. Shafted us in the past and will try to shaft us again.  

Best option is to play Souttar( to get it up Rangers) and get the maximum use from him in his time left. People should boo and its on Souttar to prove he is fully committed. 

3 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

I am not happy at all that souttar went to rangers and agree that when he plays for rangers he should get a rough time coming back to tynecastle from the fans 

But what did booing him last night achieve? He had a pretty good game so it didnt affect souttar 

It only creates a negative atmosphere for the rest of the team.  

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Decent employers will pay a lot more than statutory sick pay but don’t spoil it for the boo boys.

And yes, good employers will also have medical insurance for their employees.

Too general. Lots of small businesses operate on very small margins and can’t afford to pay what they’d like as sick pay or medical insurance. Fine if you’re talking about big corporations and some footballs clubs. But there are plenty decent and good employers who don’t make enough money for extra benefits. 

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha **** that alleged nonce and those horrible *******s at Man DisUnited. 
You inferred it was just another job for all players who don’t support a club, it’s not. 

How do you know?  Players turn their back on their clubs all the time and sign for other clubs, pre contracts or otherwise.  All players aren’t the same, some buy into a club they have no previous attachment to (like Skacel), others do not (like the boy we had on our bench who decided he secretly wanted to play for Hibs, his name escapes me but he was pish - left back?).

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, GinRummy said:

Too general. Lots of small businesses operate on very small margins and can’t afford to pay what they’d like as sick pay or medical insurance. Fine if you’re talking about big corporations and some footballs clubs. But there are plenty decent and good employers who don’t make enough money for extra benefits. 

I would think that would include most professional football clubs, certainly at our level.  A point that many on here don’t appear to grasp and think Hearts have funded all his medical treatment out their own pocket. 

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I would think that would include most professional football clubs, certainly at our level.  A point that many on here don’t appear to grasp and think Hearts have funded all his medical treatment out their own pocket. 

Yep, No arguments there. Think there were posts early on in this thread (or maybe another one) that explained how the insurance works. Maybe even that Scotland national team insurance would have covered some of it. 

Edited by GinRummy

I don’t get the sympathy for Souttar, he’s put himself in this position through his own choices.  Of course it makes sense for him to increase his wages and get a shot at champions league football, that’s not the issue.  He was in a pretty powerful position when agreeing a contract and could have stressed any agreement would depend on an immediate move.  It may have meant slightly less wages as Rangers would have had a transfer outlay, but it could have been done.

He’s been greedy, wants his cake and eat it.  **** him.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yep, No arguments there. Think there were posts early on in this thread (or maybe another one) that explained how the insurance works. Maybe even that Scotland national team insurance would have covered some of it. 

I believe he’s had 3 ruptured Achilles’ tendons but I can’t remember if it was 2 with Hearts, 1 with Scotland or 1 at Dundee Utd, 1 at Hearts and 1 with Scotland while employed by Hearts?  I would imagine injuries with Scotland would have to be covered by some sort of insurance from the SFA.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, Getintaethem said:

I don’t get the sympathy for Souttar, he’s put himself in this position through his own choices.  Of course it makes sense for him to increase his wages and get a shot at champions league football, that’s not the issue.  He was in a pretty powerful position when agreeing a contract and could have stressed any agreement would depend on an immediate move.  It may have meant slightly less wages as Rangers would have had a transfer outlay, but it could have been done.

He’s been greedy, wants his cake and eat it.  **** him.

I don’t have any sympathy for him other than if his brother does indeed have MND, but I do understand why he’s made the decision he has.  Doesn’t mean I like it though, I doubt anyone does apart from maybe a few Hun sympathisers.