Souttar signs pre-contract with Rangers (Super Thread)

Bazzas right boot

4 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

why would anyone alluding to support Hearts actually cheer a player in maroon having a shot at goal that misses the target ????

what will these type of ‘supporters’ do if he does scores a goal for Hearts before he leaves ????

Boo a Hearts goal ??????

what if it's a last minute winner at easter road ????

I would hope there will be no booing of Hearts players at Easter Road

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Factuer Moi

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Hearts_fan said:

Even if Souttar did say he'd rather start his new contract now, who in their right mind could argue with that, it's patently natural to want to start a new contract immediately, and made even more desirable when you're own supporters are booing you like children. 

Anyone who isn't aware the Hearts squad is comprised by professional sportsmen who are ALL here for money and the security of their contracts (perhaps bar Gordon) needs a reality check. 

This is not some medieval tribal village war, where the players are villagers prepared to die to protect their home. We're professional sport. Hearts players are working for Hearts because Hearts gave them the best offer available to them.

Now, Souttar has grown to be such a good player that we can no longer afford him.

A lot of folk need to change their nappies over this. 

A lot of grown men in our support need to look down and see they are actually basically still wearing a nappy and they don't even realise it. 

No they don’t mate. You’re over complicating everything. A Hearts player mid way through a season has signed for one of our bitter rivals. Fans are pissed off and the player is left taking grief that he himself must have known he’d get. 

Your main argument revolves around the fact that John Souttar has done what he thinks is best for John Souttar. Everyone already knows this. It’s not debatable. 

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No they don’t mate. You’re over complicating everything. A Hearts player mid way through a season has signed for one of our bitter rivals. Fans are pissed off and the player is left taking grief that he himself must have known he’d get. 

Your main argument revolves around the fact that John Souttar has done what he thinks is best for John Souttar. Everyone already knows this. It’s not debatable. 

Spot on

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It always amazes me how some people make their mind up on a player and no matter how much he improves he remains shite to them. It’s odd on here but very strange in the ground. I’m sure we’ve all sat near someone at some point who has just decided to single out a player and give him both barrels for no real reason. 

I wasn't at the match last night watched it in the house, But in my 30 years of supporting Hearts and going to the match I have never Booed a player in Maroon I never have and never will I also wouldn't of clapped Souttar last night either ( the folk clapping him were doing it to noise out the boos it was understandable ) I would of sat and focused on the match what I paid to watch and take no notice of it.

It's the same with the Griffiths coming with Dundee I have paid my money to watch Hearts not Leigh Griffiths. ( You pay you're money to boo the guy and sing he's a peado 😂)

But you're right I have has season tickets in past and sat beside some weapons giving Hearts players dog's abuse! They are stuck within their ways when the player over comes the poor run they have been on and start putting better performances in they cannot accept it and are just itching for them to make a mistake to get on their backs again. 

13 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Even if Souttar did say he'd rather start his new contract now, who in their right mind could argue with that, it's patently natural to want to start a new contract immediately, and made even more desirable when you're own supporters are booing you like children. 

Anyone who isn't aware the Hearts squad is comprised by professional sportsmen who are ALL here for money and the security of their contracts (perhaps bar Gordon) needs a reality check. 

This is not some medieval tribal village war, where the players are villagers prepared to die to protect their home. We're watching the professional sport industry in action. Hearts players are working for Hearts because Hearts gave them the best offer available to them.

Now, Souttar has grown to be such a good player that we can no longer afford him.

A lot of grown men in our support need to look down and see they are actually basically still wearing a nappy and they don't even realise it.

This.

Fozzyonthefence
30 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I'm in that position today 😂 I have handed in my notice at work this morning, I finish up in 4 weeks time I said to my dad last night I wonder if I will get the John Souttar treatment from my work until my last day 😂 - One of the reason's I'm leaving is down to money its all down to money 👍

I finish up on Friday, start a new job on Monday for more money.  On a works Teams call just now, waiting on my turn to speak and wondering if every word will get booed. 

15 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

why would anyone alluding to support Hearts actually cheer a player in maroon having a shot at goal that misses the target ????

what will these type of ‘supporters’ do if he does scores a goal for Hearts before he leaves ????

Boo a Hearts goal ??????

what if it's a last minute winner at easter road ????

That pissed me off last night!

In the first couple of minutes Souttar tried passing out or clearing it and it was a poor clearance, It could of lead to St Johnstone scoring. As soon as he tried to clear it the booing started. Imagine he made the mistake and they went and scored. It's just daft. 

Imagine he scored would the fans not celebrate the goal because Souttar scored or Celebrate the goal and Wilson reads his name over the speakers then its met with a boo. 

5 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I wasn't at the match last night watched it in the house, But in my 30 years of supporting Hearts and going to the match I have never Booed a player in Maroon I never have and never will I also wouldn't of clapped Souttar last night either ( the folk clapping him were doing it to noise out the boos it was understandable ) I would of sat and focused on the match what I paid to watch and take no notice of it.

It's the same with the Griffiths coming with Dundee I have paid my money to watch Hearts not Leigh Griffiths. ( You pay you're money to boo the guy and sing he's a peado 😂)

But you're right I have has season tickets in past and sat beside some weapons giving Hearts players dog's abuse! They are stuck within their ways when the player over comes the poor run they have been on and start putting better performances in they cannot accept it and are just itching for them to make a mistake to get on their backs again. 

Yep, booing him was a step too far for me. Was great to be back in the ground and people booing or clapping didn’t bother me one way or the other. Understandable people want to let their feeling be known either way. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I finish up on Friday, start a new job on Monday for more money.  On a works Teams call just now, waiting on my turn to speak and wondering if every word will get booed. 

Aye you're going to get booed they will change you're name on teams to RAT 😂

2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I can think of lots of examples, off the top if my head when the Hearts team who had played terribly in Zagreb just trotted off the park without acknowledging the travelling fans, all 11 were roundly booed. Lazlo was left to come over and take the brunt.

Nade was booed in the semi final at Fir Park against St Mirren because he moved about 20 yards the whole time he was on the pitch.

More recently Perriera was rightly booed and ridiculed when it was clear he was incapable of doing the very basic role of a GK.

If it’s merited I don’t care if they are in maroon or not, they will be told.

In the same way the likes of Hartley, Cameron, Robertson, Devlin who run their backside in to ground for the cause will always be idolised

1 minute ago, Leisham38 said:

I can think of lots of examples, off the top if my head when the Hearts team who had played terribly in Zagreb just trotted off the park without acknowledging the travelling fans, all 11 were roundly booed. Lazlo was left to come over and take the brunt.

Nade was booed in the semi final at Fir Park against St Mirren because he moved about 20 yards the whole time he was on the pitch.

More recently Perriera was rightly booed and ridiculed when it was clear he was incapable of doing the very basic role of a GK.

In the same way the likes of Hartley, Cameron, Robertson, Devlin who run their backside in to ground for the cause will always be idolised

There is a point where it’s too far though, the booing of Souttar should now stop in my opinion, the point has been made and cheering him missing the target when he shoots is idiotic.

15 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

This is not some medieval tribal village war, where the players are villagers prepared to die to protect their home. We're watching the professional sport industry in action. Hearts players are working for Hearts because Hearts gave them the best offer available to them.

Surely the difference, though, is that supporters are not professional sportsmen. 

They don't go because they are paid. Quite the opposite !

They, literally, put their lives into following the club. 

In that respect, they are quite entitled to air any grievances they perceive.

That's the reality. No check required.

3 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Yip.

Zagreb was a good example of fans' displeasure.

The Laryea Kingston was similar but not quite the same. He did come out after it mind and say he thought the fans were right to get on his back.

Granted that was a player/manger problem !

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Aye you're going to get booed they will change you're name on teams to RAT 😂

Just finished, my manager wants me to stay, no boos (although perhaps the rest of the team were booing but forgot to switch off mute🤷‍♂️).

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Just finished, my manager wants me to stay, no boos (although perhaps the rest of the team were booing but forgot to switch off mute🤷‍♂️).

Hahaha!! Your lucky working from home. 

I'm in my office with them they don't know yet bar my manger when they find out I need to work with them until my last day 😂. I have already been told my manager I'm making a wrong decision and they have tried bringing my personal life into things  ( My Mrs is due in April ) Then brought in Covid saying who knows what will happen with that. If I don't leave now using covid as an excuse when will I leave its no going away 😂

They are clutching at straws. 

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

There is a point where it’s too far though, the booing of Souttar should now stop in my opinion, the point has been made and cheering him missing the target when he shoots is idiotic.

Yep, if you’d rather Hearts missed than score a goal then I’d rather any fans in that boat just **** off before Souttar does.  At least he contributed something usual to the team last night unlike these idiots. 

3 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

This.  A marker was put down last night.  Zero booing last night would have shown our fan base up as being soft as sh1te.  Wont be booing Souttar again.  I just hope he is away by the end of the month.

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Isn’t that a decision for us fans to make - whether to support the whole team or not?  I don’t want to see Neilson drop him from the squad - that would just show that he is giving in to the boo boys and a weak manager.  He did the right thing not subbing him last night. 

That's not what it's about at all. It's about who blinks first between us and Rangers. Neilson has said he's a vital first team player, he plays. I'd also expect a phonecall between Hearts and Rangers on Friday to say if you don't want him cup tied, pay up.

If he's still a Hearts player on the 1st of Feb, Neilson's stance might change.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Hahaha!! Your lucky working from home. 

I'm in my office with them they don't know yet bar my manger when they find out I need to work with them until my last day 😂. I have already been told my manager I'm making a wrong decision and they have tried bringing my personal life into things  ( My Mrs is due in April ) Then brought in Covid saying who knows what will happen with that. If I don't leave now using covid as an excuse when will I leave its no going away 😂

They are clutching at straws. 

Good luck with the new job and the new arrival!👍

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

This.  A marker was put down last night.  Zero booing last night would have shown our fan base up as being soft as sh1te.  Wont be booing Souttar again.  I just hope he is away by the end of the month.

Yeah me too! Get the scottish cup out the road and hope he is away next week at some point. Make sure he is cup tied too for his move to Rangers. 

34 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

That's a great idea, I can be a pant-wetter and I don't even need to get up to go to the loo. Which would otherwise interupt my booing.

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, pablo said:

That's not what it's about at all. It's about who blinks first between us and Rangers. Neilson has said he's a vital first team player, he plays. I'd also expect a phonecall between Hearts and Rangers on Friday to say if you don't want him cup tied, pay up.

I’ve said before, I don’t think Rangers will care if he’s cup tied or not.  People on here are making far too much of that.  However, they may manage to move Goldson on this month and with another couple of injury prone centre backs they might decide they need JS now for their title challenge and European games.  If not, then he’s here until summer.,

38 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Imagine John scored and done this like big Harry Maguire done 😂

:Shoosh:

🤣 Think it may be more like a big FU to the fans!

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

That's a great idea, I can be a pant-wetter and I don't even need to get up to go to the loo. Which would otherwise interupt my booing.

Will feel nice and warm too!  At least until it freezes.😳

20 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

😄

That's right, I remember watching highlights one time of a game where Michael Stewart said "I genuinely don't remember Nade leaving the centre circle"

2 hours ago, Boab said:

I agree with The big O's post. 

Immaturity was standing while the rest if the team celebrated a goal.

The booing was maybe a consequence of that but he could have rose above it.

Maybe he thought that joining in would be seen as just going through the motions and not being deemed as sincere.  He did make the point of hand slapping every player thereafter.  I thought that was his way of saying well done lads.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

😄

That's right, I remember watching highlights one time of a game where Michael Stewart said "I genuinely don't remember Nade leaving the centre circle"

That might have been in Zagreb?  

8 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

So clearly you're obsessed with Souttar rather than have any wish for our team to do well, which we have a better chance of doing so with him in the team.

That said, I would be happy for him to go tomorrow if we get a decent fee for him.

13 hours ago, Back of the Bus said:

I watched him tonight and all I saw was a Rangers player wearing maroon. He did ok but let’s not pretend the elephant in the room didn’t exist on the park. 

Never booed him but never clapped him either. 

He’s treading water at our great club. That’s just a fact.

The question for me is, If he had to go in for a 60/40 in the 6 yard box to prevent Hibs scoring, would he put his body on the line. 

I’m not convinced he would. 

That’s the litmus test.

Didn't boo or applaud him during the game he's a distraction,  to be fair he had a solid game. Will the celtic fans boo him next week? Will the Hearts fans continue to boo him? If still here will Nielson play him against the blue vermin? 

3 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Maybe he thought that joining in would be seen as just going through the motions and not being deemed as sincere.  He did make the point of hand slapping every player thereafter.  I thought that was his way of saying well done lads.

Should have celebrated properly, so people could boo his celebration.

9 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

I already wear one!

43 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Well not really - how else would they show their displeasure at the boo-ers then?  By booing? That wouldn't exactly work. :lol:

So they weren't clapping Souttar according to the other poster and they weren't clapping the booing according to you. What where they clapping then?

Edited by Taffin

So clearly you're obsessed with Souttar rather than have any wish for our team to do well, which we have a better chance of doing so with him in the team.

That said, I would be happy for him to go tomorrow if we get a decent fee for him.

Is it at all possible the guy wants Hearts to win and at the same time dislikes John Souttars actions and wanted to make his feelings known.

I mean that's a possibility right?!

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

A bloke in my work has handed in his notice to go work for a rival company in 2 weeks time. 

I booed him when he joined MS Teams this morning and added ratski to his surname. 

58 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I'm in that position today 😂 I have handed in my notice at work this morning, I finish up in 4 weeks time I said to my dad last night I wonder if I will get the John Souttar treatment from my work until my last day 😂 - One of the reason's I'm leaving is down to money its all down to money 👍

Were you offered a significant wage increase from your present employer? Would your present employer have stood to make a good few quid had you took it? Is the same tribalism and loyalty apparent in your place of work as a top class professional footballer idolised by thousands?

I keep hearing this comparison being spouted on here by numerous posters. It's laughable! 

I already wear one!

Couldn't go to the pub before the game though.

Not sure they could hold that kind of volume

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Were you offered a significant wage increase from your present employer? Would your present employer have stood to make a good few quid had you took it? Is the same tribalism and loyalty apparent in your place of work as a top class professional footballer idolised by thousands?

I keep hearing this comparison being spouted on here by numerous posters. It's laughable! 

It’s not a laughable comparison at all.  Footballers are just human beings, like us, with families to look after, mortgages to pay and retirements to fund.  If they’re not Hearts fans (which most of them aren’t) it’s just another job to them. 

3 minutes ago, JyTees said:

I have thousands of people applaude me ever time I service an engine.

I'm sure I can hear them cheer me

Sure of it ..

"Davie, Davie, Davie....."

:robboyas:

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s not a laughable comparison at all.  Footballers are just human beings, like us, with families to look after, mortgages to pay and retirements to fund.  If they’re not Hearts fans (which most of them aren’t) it’s just another job to them. 

Aye, it's exactly the same thing

Except all the obvious differences.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

I have thousands of people applaude me ever time I service an engine.

I'm sure I can hear them cheer me

Sure of it ..

"Davie, Davie, Davie....."

:robboyas:

Are you sure it’s not “you don’t know what you’re doing”?!

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

Aye, it's exactly the same thing

Except all the obvious differences.

It is for the player. And they’re not going to care about the fans when they’re tripling their wages or more.  Unless they are a Jambo. 

Personally feel Souttar merited the stick at the start of the game for how he handled the situation but the boos did get pretty tiresome pretty fast.

The clapping after the boos just made the whole thing extremely cringey. I get some are trying to support the team but clapping a player who has shown no thought for the club or the fans is just bizarre.

Hopefully he is sold this window and we have a replacement lined up.

8 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Dont get what you're on about.  But Smith could easily slot into Souttar's position for the rest of the season (he has had some excellent performances at CB in the past). Or possibly even Moore.  We have Atkinson now as well who can play in Smith's position.  Souttar is a loss but replaceable already.

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

There's zero comparison. Zero.

husref musemic
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

it is laughable. The difference being two years of uselessness whilst still being paid handsomely & family looked after.

The plebs in the real world's feet wouldn't touch the ground.

27 minutes ago, pablo said:

You're right mate. It's posturing. 

Souttar won't kick another ball for Hearts after February the 1st, regardless of where he is at that point. And I seriously don't believe for a second he won't be gone by then.

I left a job once and nobody booed. It wasn’t a job that had thousands of spectators watching me every week who have pumped millions into the club but nobody booed. 

Got to give Souttar credit  - as he played well last night, despite getting noised up

Still think hes a tosser for signing a pre contract with them and dont blame folk for venting last night. Even if he signed an extension with us and signed for them in summer and got us a few quid - I could have lived with. Think thats least we deserved.

Best thing that could happen is him going to Huns asap - and hopefully that happens after last night. Smith could move to middle and Atkinson could go to RB or even Moore could come in......we defo have cover and the longer he is here getting that reception its bound to have negative impact on team.

41 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Good post.   As you say, JS now knows that the fans are disappointed in his decision (if he wasn't aware before the ko last night).    There should be no more booing .......

........until he returns in a blue jersey and engages in some chest-thumping, badge-kissing and ironic ear-cupping.   

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I left a job once and nobody booed. It wasn’t a job that had thousands of spectators watching me every week who have pumped millions into the club but nobody booed. 

What about all your other jobs though ?   Probably couldn't hear yourself think for the wall of booing .....  :gok:

3 hours ago, lou said:

The vast majority of the support were neither booing or clapping, and the daft wee laddies at the back of section G attempts to start a song about Souttar being a sex offender were absolutely embarrassing, 

Jings, never heard that. Now that really is embarrassing.